October 25, 2014 | 1073 users online

Eyeliner - L'Oreal - Voluminous Marker eyeliner

rated 1 of 5 on 4/3/2010 10:05:00 PM More reviews by OneHelluvaMichelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

HORRIBLE!! It was a waste of money. It came out in a really thin, watery, grey smear. Didn't even show up on my lower lid. The tip of it is too rough for the eye area. Couldn't get a straight line to save my life. Once it was on I couldn't get it off, not even to fix the mark I had made, which might be a good thing if it turned out to look anything like what it was supposed to look like. I thought maybe it just needed to be used once to get the newness out of it, maybe to get the liquid to the tip. So I used it on the palm of my hand where I could be less delicate. It was still all runny. Got it in my eye and it burned like crazy. Smells terrible too. I agree with kspeller; you'd be better off with a sharpie. If there was the option I'd have marked it with 0.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2010 4:00:00 AM More reviews by cindyt36

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My sister gave this to me one day and for me personally this sucks. It stinged when I would apply it on my bottom eyelid so I would only use it on top lid. The tip is harsh and it smelled so strongly gross. WILL NEVER BUY THIS!!!!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/14/2010 6:54:00 PM More reviews by kspeller

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this on a whim while at Walgreens and despite the $7 I paid for it, I plan to take it back on my next trip.

This stuff is horrible! It comes out more of like a light purple gray than black, and there is no way to get a smooth line. It skips and bleeds and I think I would have better luck with a thin Sharpie marker than this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2010 4:56:00 PM More reviews by aprila220

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a good liner for the upper, but not for the lower. It can make a dramatic thick line and it has staying power. It's good for applying over dark shadows for the smokey look. It's not very pigmented though so if you're looking for something carbon black, this is not it. I wear it sometimes with my copper or brown shadows right at lash line (UPPER) and it looks good but I have to use a different liner for my lower lash line and water line. I use it from time to time, and have actually bought more than one of these, however; I probably will not repurchase anymore because I really like Carbon Black Lineur Intense Felt Tip Liquid Eyeliner much more!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/5/2010 8:47:00 PM More reviews by Amberlynn89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I needed a staple piece, black liquid eyeliner, so I decided to try this one. Not a good choice. At first it went on just fine, but within a couple of uses, I had to really press on my eyelid in order for the liquid to come out. Even then, it didn't last long and the application was blotchy, where my eyelid color could be seen. Not a product to use for a thin line as the tip is fairly thicker than most. I've tried worse, but I definitely wouldn't buy it again. It doesn't last very long.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2010 5:04:00 PM More reviews by lucy1984

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I needed a new liquid eyeliner and i saw this and added the liner to my basket. Once i got home, I opened it and tried it one.

This eyeliner is good for thick lines. No matter what you do, you cannot get a thin line. There is no color payoff. The tip that the liner has makes it difficult to get a dark black line. You can go over the same line and you can see the color of your lid peek through.

I tried using it to draw a wing liner, and i wasnt able to. The tip is rough and feels like its scratching your lid.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/14/2010 8:09:00 PM More reviews by Kayleydid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

How you feel about this product is really going to depend on what you're looking for in an eyeliner. If you want a fine line with super dark pigment, pass right by this- super thin lines are difficult to achieve and the color is not very saturated. However, if you're looking to acheive more dramatic looks, or want to get creative, and you're okay with a color that is only passably black, this might work for you!

I am a fan of the winged/cat's eye look, and the angled applicator is perfect to make this. Also, as a pale blonde chick who looks like a drag queen if her eyeliner is too thick and too dark, this more sheer black color is good. That being said, I don't plan on throwing out my other pencil and liquid liners, though; this product isn't necessarily a go-to.

Overall, I think this is an eyeliner that 'serves its purpose'.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/29/2010 1:51:00 PM More reviews by cherrywhiz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is one of the worse eyeliners I've used. It is difficult to apply, the thicker part is just too thick and looks clumpsy, all over the place, when applied, Horrible. The only way you can have a little control is with the fine tip. BUT It applies kind of watery, not a deep color, and it ends up applying sloppy. But the worse part is that besides not lasting in place for long, it creeped into my eyes, irritating them so much, had to use allergy drops repeatedly to relieve the redness, irritation, grainy feeling. This was a total waste of money. I think the the concept seems good, but it is totally non practical.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2010 9:14:00 AM More reviews by 3sunsetflower3

I happened to like this product. However, it's understandable that other people wouldn't like it. In my eyeliner compartment, I always keep a pencil, those retractable ones, the usual liquid ones, and this. For a while I admit that I stopped using this marker eyeliner b/c I wanted to go light on my eyes and used pencil ones. Then I wanted to go back to liquid, and decided to use another brand liquid eyeliner (forgetting that I had the L'oreal marker). After a few strokes and cotton swabs, I had the look I wanted. For me, somehow, the liquid eyeliner that I was using (in those containers where you shake it) felt heavy on my eyelids, so looking through my compartment, I was surprised to see the marker eyeliner and decided to rekindle our friendship. Sooo..,the reason why I like it is because I ONLY use the tip part (I'm not sure how other people use it) but I still achieved the same look I had when I used the conventional liq. eyeliner. True, it doesn't have the staying power of the conventional liq. eyeliner, but for me that's a plus, because I just feel better wiping it away at the end of the day than to put a little more force cleaning my eyelids (gently though) with the conventional ones. OTHER pluses: it doesn't smudge. It has that quality of a liquid eyeliner (unlike the pencil ones). I go through the whole day fine with it; easier to apply for me than the liq. ones, and lastly, people can't tell the difference (they think it's just liquid eyeliner, which..it is..sorta).

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2010 1:27:00 PM More reviews by Newnew68

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i have been using this eyeliner for more than a year, and always get them when they are on sale at Rite Aid. I have to say I love it! I have used many eyeliner, liquid and crayon kind. I find this is the easiest to apply with the no non-sense point. Not too wide at all to me, it is just right. It is much easier to apply than those thin and soft point like most liquid eyeliner does. Also the liquid is good, because it doesn't smudge like the crayons. It stays either off or on, so if it is smudge, just apply again, it is easy to clean. Crayons will make a stupid dark circle around my eyes, it is much harder to come off.

I know it has bad ratings, but I really hope they don't discontinue it. I just love it.