L'Oreal Voluminous Marker eyeliner

2.2

on 4/28/2010 5:57:00 PM

Bought this at Rite Aid during their 40% off sale on all L'oreal products since I've been eyeing it for awhile. Went home and tried it on but when I opened the top, there was this white spot right in the middle of the marker tip! Then I had to kind of squeeze the tip a bit to get the liner to flow to the top. When I applied it to my top lashes, it was so blotchy and uneven that it left random spots unlined even though I ran over it again, it just shifted the liner around. Definitely not buying this again.

on 4/16/2010 10:56:00 PM

For me it is unpredictable - some days I can get a good solid black line, and others it barely comes out, is greyish, does not go on evenly...
Today it went on fine but then I looked in the mirror later in the day and I had one eye perfectly lined and the other completely rubbed off (and I did not touch my eye).

on 4/6/2010 4:26:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I don't understand how so many people got runny, watery, discolored versions of this. They must've all gotten an awful batch. Mine is fine. The color is perfect black, the tip works fine and it didn't burn my eyes. I wore MAC Girl Friendly paint pot as an eye shadow then used this and it ended up transferring at the end of the day but it actually looked kinda pretty when that happened :]

on 4/6/2010 1:19:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Smudges very easily. Was very good at first but after an hour it looks gross. Won't be buying again.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

HORRIBLE!! It was a waste of money. It came out in a really thin, watery, grey smear. Didn't even show up on my lower lid. The tip of it is too rough for the eye area. Couldn't get a straight line to save my life. Once it was on I couldn't get it off, not even to fix the mark I had made, which might be a good thing if it turned out to look anything like what it was supposed to look like. I thought maybe it just needed to be used once to get the newness out of it, maybe to get the liquid to the tip. So I used it on the palm of my hand where I could be less delicate. It was still all runny. Got it in my eye and it burned like crazy. Smells terrible too. I agree with kspeller; you'd be better off with a sharpie. If there was the option I'd have marked it with 0.

on 3/20/2010 4:00:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

My sister gave this to me one day and for me personally this sucks. It stinged when I would apply it on my bottom eyelid so I would only use it on top lid. The tip is harsh and it smelled so strongly gross. WILL NEVER BUY THIS!!!!!!

on 3/14/2010 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this on a whim while at Walgreens and despite the $7 I paid for it, I plan to take it back on my next trip.

This stuff is horrible! It comes out more of like a light purple gray than black, and there is no way to get a smooth line. It skips and bleeds and I think I would have better luck with a thin Sharpie marker than this.

on 3/13/2010 4:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a good liner for the upper, but not for the lower. It can make a dramatic thick line and it has staying power. It's good for applying over dark shadows for the smokey look. It's not very pigmented though so if you're looking for something carbon black, this is not it. I wear it sometimes with my copper or brown shadows right at lash line (UPPER) and it looks good but I have to use a different liner for my lower lash line and water line. I use it from time to time, and have actually bought more than one of these, however; I probably will not repurchase anymore because I really like Carbon Black Lineur Intense Felt Tip Liquid Eyeliner much more!

on 3/5/2010 8:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I needed a staple piece, black liquid eyeliner, so I decided to try this one. Not a good choice. At first it went on just fine, but within a couple of uses, I had to really press on my eyelid in order for the liquid to come out. Even then, it didn't last long and the application was blotchy, where my eyelid color could be seen. Not a product to use for a thin line as the tip is fairly thicker than most. I've tried worse, but I definitely wouldn't buy it again. It doesn't last very long.

on 2/28/2010 5:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I needed a new liquid eyeliner and i saw this and added the liner to my basket. Once i got home, I opened it and tried it one.

This eyeliner is good for thick lines. No matter what you do, you cannot get a thin line. There is no color payoff. The tip that the liner has makes it difficult to get a dark black line. You can go over the same line and you can see the color of your lid peek through.

I tried using it to draw a wing liner, and i wasnt able to. The tip is rough and feels like its scratching your lid.