November 26, 2014 | 1486 users online

Shampoo - Burt's Bees - Very Volumizing Pomegranate & Soy Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2010 8:35:00 PM More reviews by sunshowers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am so glad I took a chance on this shampoo. I usually use A/G Thikkwash but when my bottle started running out I thought about giving something else a try. The Burt's Bees shampoo looked promising because of its natural ingredients. I'm not one of those people who throws money at anything that's natural and organic, but I was starting to get fed up with how frequently I had to wash my hair. It seemed to get greasy again in no time, and of course the more you wash your hair the more you'll need to wash your hair. This shampoo promised to be sulfate-free and free of all that other stuff that I've been warned will strip your hair and lead your scalp to produce excess oil.

At first use, the later seemed really weird. It doesn't have a "soapy" feel to it. The bubbles are very fine and it may seem like the shampoo isn't lathering well, but I found that as long as I thoroughly wet my hair all the way through the shampoo did a fine job of sudsing up and cleaning my hair. Like other reviewers mentioned, your hair will feel oddly tangled and matted. This is normal. Just condition with the matching conditioner and your hair's texture will return to normal.

After several weeks of using the shampoo and conditioner, I can say that this is my new staple. My hair is so soft and healthy looking, and most importantly, it has great volume that lasts through the day much longer than with other shampoos. I don't like to put a lot of products in my hair or spend a lot of time styling, so I need my volumizing shampoos to actually volumize, and this one performs. My scalp is also far less greasy than ever before. I also like the subtle scent. This is a great shampoo at a reasonable price.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2010 8:25:00 PM More reviews by patriciascot

I am always on the lookout for a shampoo that will make my long, dull, lifeless hair look full and healthy. I suffer from Celiac disease and hypothyroidism both of which have taken a huge toll on my hair. I have been using this shampoo for about a month along with the conditioner. These products are AMAZING! My hair is gleaming, has fullness and natural bounce. I don't use styling products. I wash, blow dry and roll in large velcro curlers. When I remove them I have a head full of gleaming hair with natural bounce. I am thrilled! Will definitely repurchase. My search for the perfect shampoo and conditioner is over!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2010 4:52:00 PM More reviews by Rella

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this shampoo and conditioner! They make my hair feel so soft,full and shiny.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2010 3:48:00 AM More reviews by KaiserMimiVII

I'm giving up on Burt's Bees shampoos- I didn't like this one either! I have also tried the grapefruit and beet one. This one was slightly better, the other one left my hair snarly and easily matted, this one didn't do that but it made my once shiny Asian locks dull and lifeless. My hair is really fine but dense, and I just don't understand why you would want a shampoo that takes the life out of it. No volumizing whatsoever. At least this one smells a tad bit better than the other one.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2009 9:14:00 PM More reviews by Hoyden

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This has been my favorite shampoo for quite a while now.

I am very sensitive to sulfates, so I avoid them where ever I can. Finding a shampoo that cleans and gives my super fine hair some body without the irritating itch of sulfates just makes my day.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2009 2:43:00 PM More reviews by fantasy214

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love that this has not sulfates in it as my hair tends to get dry. After my hair was dry from washing it with this, I was happy to notice that my ends were not dry and straw-like. It held more body and it looked great.
Overall, this product is not a miracle one, but it worked for me.
Remember:
THIS PRODUCT DOES NOT LATHER WELL, but LATHERING DOES NOT MEAN THAT IT IS NOT CLEANING YOUR HAIR

My twin sister- who has OILY HAIR loved this as it did not dry out her hair and make the scalp compensate and produce more oil.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/1/2009 3:14:00 PM More reviews by pixieflwr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Initially I was happy with this shampoo. It is a natural product, smelled good and gave my hair a small volume boost. My hair looked and felt healthy. Getting the product to lather is hit or miss, but the lack of lather didn't bother me because my hair always got clean. (I think the key to getting a lather is getting your hair as wet as possible.) However, I've realized the shampoo is irritating my scalp. It gets splotchy, red and itchy. So I will not be repurchasing.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/29/2009 9:32:00 AM More reviews by nutelya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

this product sucks. i personally love most of the burt's bee's products, but this shampoo is just really bad. i commend it for being organic and natural, but it dries out my hair and makes it feel like straw!

i don't recommend this for people with curly hair, especially, since curly-haired people tend to have frizzier hair than straight-haired people do, and this shampoo makes it feel and be even more frizzy than it needs to be. doesn't really volumize, maybe it does a bit by drying it, i don't know.

will not buy again, unless the formulation will change. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2009 1:32:00 PM More reviews by KIMBERLYkimberly

This is the only shampoo I come back again and again. My hair is fine and fragile and It feel so soft and refreshing on my hair and scalp. The smell is AMAZING, its sweet and clean. I was suprised that both my dad and guy friends likes this smell, they lean and smell my hair !

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2009 3:55:00 PM More reviews by OliveButtercup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I can't believe all the negative reviews this product has gotten. I have fine/thin, flat, oily hair and this product has changed my life. My hair is thicker, shinier, fuller, and more voluminous than ever before. My hair hasn't been this shiny since I was 12 years old and didn't use any styling or heat products. I have gotten so many compliments since I first started using this product about 3 months ago. I bought nothing but salon products for years, spending $30 on brands like Pureology so I can't rave about this product enough and how excited I am that it only costs $8.

For people new to natural shampoos, they do NOT feel like regular shampoos. The absence of color-stripping sulfates causes the shampoo to not lather quite as well, and it also makes your hair feel a little more tangled at first. I went and bought the matching Burt's Bees conditioner and now I have no more problems (my hair is long, btw). But these things are a small price to pay once you see how natural products completely change the look and feel of your hair. I'm just sorry not everybody had a good experience with this product.