April 18, 2014 | 573 users online

Powder - MAC - Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 1/6/2014 3:00:00 AM More reviews by Heliana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I have a love/hate relationship with this product and I will explain immediately why.
If I use it alone without another foundation on top and only very lightly, it gives a very nice simple coverage and natural.
If I use it on top of a liquid foundation, no matter how lightly I apply it (stippling brush, puff, fan brush etc) it looks very cakey and horrible.
In both cases it doesn't show any dry patches on my skin which is great though.
I have a looong time and I still haven't finish it because I don't reach for it that much so I probably would not repurchase it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2014 12:57:00 AM More reviews by AuroraSom

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have to say this is the BEST powder foundation I have ever used. Keep in mind that there are a lot of silicones in it to make it go on smooth and not get all blotchy. I'm an NC25. I have larger pores by my nose and I have a very oily t-zone and moderately oily on the rest of my face but not a problem when it comes to makeup. I like to use milk of magnesia on my t-zone and doing so makes the foundation stay in place and not crease into the smile lines.

I find that this foundation gives light to medium coverage. I tend to get the occasional breakout on the side of my face and not have problems in the center. I usually use a dense kabuki brush to sort of pat on the powder and buff it into the center to put very little there and i still get good coverage and have no problems with it fading or not covering.

I LOVE that there is a color for me. I have quite a yellow undertone and use NC25 and it works great for me. Other powders I've used have more pink in them or are neutral and I'd end up looking pink or ashy. With this powder and color it doesn't give me that mask-like appearance.

I feel as though the silicones in it also prevent it from looking super chalky and gross, it's matte but not chalky.

I love the packaging and how they separated the sponge from laying on top of the powder. I don't use the sponge but I know people do and this is just a nice design for those people.

This powder foundation is the absolute best there is when it comes to powder foundation. It's a light powder but actually covers without getting chalky or going on unevenly and with the color selection you're not gonna end up with a lighter colored face or orange

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2014 1:08:00 PM More reviews by bklescewski

I had to write a review for this powder foundation. I have tried literally EVERY friggin' powder foundation this earth has to offer... and THIS foundation offers the best coverage than any other pressed powder foundation. I love that it is matte and covers almost all my flaws without any other foundation beneath it. This powder foundation IS a foundation, therefore those of you applying a liquid AND this on top are going to get a cakey look (unless you're very experienced- it can look great!) .

It usually stays put for a few hours before I get oily and need a touch up, but I have come to the conclusion that ALL makeup will need some touching up throughout the day... I usually replace the sponges throughout using one cake because I can tell that the build-up of oil from my face can cause little white heads if I don't replace the sponge. I use a cream and a primer with SPF before I apply and use an angled, flat head brush to apply to my face. It looks perfect and keeps my oily skin matte all day. I also have found that many other powder foundations cause acne flare-ups, but this powder doesn't do that for me. It literally is the perfect powder foundation and I plan to continue buying this product (along with all other MAC products - especially blush and lipsticks!) for a long time!! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2014 10:25:00 AM More reviews by sophiedecay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Its good for touch ups on the go. Though i feel it can be abit heavy for setting foundation. It feels almost similar to the revlon photo ready powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2013 1:29:00 PM More reviews by mcutting

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

LOVE this powder foundation. I wear the color N3 and have just hit pan on my second powder. I have moderately clear skin and really just some uneven spots that I like to cover and this is PERFECT for that. I use it with my everyday foundation and it goes on perfect. I will say, if you're planning on buying this to go over a liquid, I would be cautious because since it's such a rich powder it might either cake or make your face darker than it already is. (I've had the issue multiple times.) This powder isn't really a setting powder. Other than that, I will keep buying this powder until I find a better one! It's definitely my every day go-to.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/27/2013 10:17:00 AM More reviews by SNN91Reviewer

I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT TO ANYONE!.

I've tried to like this product but it has failed me every time.

It has great coverage for acne but only makes acne a hundred times worse.

There's has been special occasions I have said to myself 'maybe I'll just wear it for tonight for a few hours, it will look nice because it covers blemishes well, and I'll thoroughly wash my face when I get home' and by the end of the night I have a huge pimple or two and all my pores are blocked.

Basically... I wouldn't even use this on my dog. It should be taken off the shelf ASAP.
M.A.C are liars, they just want your money. I'm done buying anything from them.

£21 for bad skin? umm no thanks!.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2013 1:26:00 PM More reviews by themerchanwifey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

So I have only been sing this for a few days but I must say I am thoroughly mpressed. I was using MAC face and body but I think it may have broke me out. It was either that or the primer I was using so I have abandoned both and will reintroduce separately. Anyway I was an avid bare minerals user for years. Now I am getting a bit older (skin is starting to show signs if age/lacks glow ) and it is drier in the winter making bare minerals a no go. This powder has a soft finish that doesn't accentuate my little lines and helps balance my skin tone and make me look like myself again. I was using N3 in face and body, in this I am C4.5 at the moment. I can do either neutral or warm, and my shade varies widely thought the year. I use a buffing brush to apply this over my boscia BB cream. It allows me to get the perfect coverage without looking cakey. Overall I am super impressed and will continue to use as long as my breakouts subside.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2013 7:54:00 AM More reviews by Caish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the first foundation that i fell in love with and its a powder!! I have the shade C4 but i have also used the NC40 which is a quite similar shade but a different tone. This could be the only foundation you need, its build-able in coverage, it doesnt crease or look powdery. I use the mac brush 123 to apply it in circular motions all over my face. I use it in 3 ways- alone for quick and easy coverage, over concealer, or over liquid foundation (mac face and body in shade C3). I have used this for 3 years now and have only had to re-buy it about 4 times and i use it almost everyday making it great value for money!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/25/2013 6:25:00 AM More reviews by coylilfox

Pros
- Fully adjustable coverage.
- Fuil coverage makes you look like you have completely perfect & flawless skin.
- Takes the place of concealer.
- Works for oily/combo skin
- Easy to use, compact, not messy

Cons
- I feel like it suffocates my skin - can't breathe and feels heavy.
- Causes me to break out after 5 hrs
- Doesn't come in a full range of neutral colours - only warm and cool (unless I'm missing something?)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2013 11:13:00 PM More reviews by Chikitapchocha

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The only powder I wear! nc43 perfect match!