September 16, 2014 | 1909 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - Eyeshadow Brush

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2013 8:05:00 PM More reviews by Arrflorr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Bottom line... You always get what u pay for!! I would never spend $30 for one stupid brush so when ELF was on many stores shelves i def stocked up on their brushes and little things to aid me with my makeup!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2013 7:58:00 PM More reviews by Cindi33

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I picked this up for a dollar at HEB and love it. This brush has a while wooden handle and natural fibers. It is wide so it is meant for all over application. It is soft so it is a bit flexible but but has a lot of body and it picks up shadow well. It applies shadow right where you want it. I have other brushes but prefer this one over them. This works so well for me. E.L.F. has more than one line of brushes out though. I picked up a set of black ones with plastic handles that were sold in a kit. I also picked up the white ones with the wooden handles that are sold separately. I prefer the white tools that were sold individually. They just seem to be better quality, although both sets work. It seems like the white ones have more bristles/fibers and seem fluffier. I can't say how this compares to an expensive brush but it works great for me and applies makeup well and I look good so I don't see a reason to even look at a higher priced tool.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2013 12:04:00 PM More reviews by Kica

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Didn't like this brush. I have the Studio line one and it while it picks up my shadow it doesn't deposit shadow. I was using it with UD shadows among others and it just didn't work. I actually have a few ELF Studio brushes that I really like and use daily. I've had. No shedding issues and only one came apart which I quickly fixed with crazy glue.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2013 8:17:00 PM More reviews by xmaac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It does its job, it picks up eyeshadow just fine and it's soft too

rated 3 of 5 on 4/28/2013 11:02:00 PM More reviews by missmaggie

This is an insanely cheap brush. I had one years ago that came in a set that I loved! But I dont know what happened to it so I figured I'd buy another one since Im currently playing around with drugstore brushes. This one smelled bad even before it came out of the package and was like exfoliatingly scratchy. But I figured a good cleaning would help deodorize and condtion, nope not really. While it still smells STRONGLY of plastic its not as bad after a couple washes and is somewhat but not much softer than when I first got it. I dont remember my first E.L.F brush being like this. The few times I have managed to play around with it, its really good for applying color but when its not scratching the life out of my shadows and lids with is broom bristles, it smells funky. Hopefully it is just this particular brush I will try another eyeshadow brush out but all in all Im not having any luck with any E.L.F product this year

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2013 6:35:00 PM More reviews by melissamberry

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

Don't really know why I bought the MAC shader brush, this one is simple, cheap, and does the job just as well. Picks up color better than the $3, although that one is softer. Will repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2013 8:34:00 PM More reviews by Shelbyj1204

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I feel really cheap for using E.L.F. brushes but the fact is they're awesome!! Sure, they're not as soft as a brush from a high-end make up retailer, but their result is virtually the same.

1 buck, lasts forever, and it's truly the perfect size for eyes. Easy to clean, no complaints from me!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2013 5:47:00 PM More reviews by mjG7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Great eyeshadow brush, it does the job for $1.00. Haven`t had an issue with it falling apart or shedding.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2013 6:09:00 AM More reviews by Saga17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a wonderfull little eyeshadow brush! I use this mainly for applying my lid color. It's just the perfect size and it picks up product well. The only complaint I jhave is that I wish that it was a little bit softer (that's why only 4 lippies..).

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2013 4:45:00 AM More reviews by AnnikaQuist

Picked this up at Target for only $1! Here are my pros and cons:

PROS:
Great at picking up eyeshadow.
Great at applying the eyeshadow onto your lid and blending it out.
AMAZING price!
CONS:
Does feel a tad scratchy, but it is barely noticeable.
I've heard that some of them shed, but mine hasn't! I guess it just depends individual brush.
Can fall apart easily. (Again, mine hasn't, that's just what I've heard. With e.l.f. the quality of the product you buy is sometimes just luck.)

If I would've paid twenty dollars or more for this brush, I would only give it four lippies because of the slight scratchiness and not-so-high-quality materials. BUT because it was only one dollar is definitely deserves five! :)