Make Up For Ever Face & Body Liquid Make Up

4.1

Ingredients (new formula): aqua, hydrogenated polyisobutene, sorbitan sesquioleate, cyclopentasiloxane, methylpropanediol, glycerin, butylene glycol, mangifera indica seed oil (mango seed butter), acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, tetrasodium EDTA, fragrance, PEG-8, phenoxyethanol, tromethamine, potassium myristate, chlorphenesin, methylparaben, propylparaben, caprylyl glycol, sodium polyacrylate, panthenol, hexyl cinnamal, limonene, citronnellol, geraniol, butylphenyl methylpropional, linalool, alpha-isomethyl ionene. May contain: CI 77891 (titanium dioxide), CI 777493 (iron oxides), CI 77492 (iron oxides), CI 77499 (iron oxides). Ingredients (old formula): aqua, mineral oil, sorbitan sesquioleate, cyclopentasiloxane, phenoxyethanol, acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, triethanolamine, magnesium myristate, tetrasodium EDTA, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance. May contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides.

on 11/2/2013 9:52:00 PM

Although I choose to wear Mineral Makeup on a daily basis, this is my foundation of choice for special events and having pictures taken. It just makes my skin look like a dream, without being heavy or cakey. And the best part, it stays put, in a good way! I have even worn it through excercise/sweating to put it to the test.

The only complaint I have is the bottle/jar opening is too large, but I guess because it is also known as a body foundation, they make the container this way.

Love this the best of ALL liquid foundations!!!!

on 10/28/2013 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

I really like this foundation. It evens out my skin tone nicely and doesn't look as though you are wearing foundation, my two most important qualities that I look for in a foundation. It doesn't sparkle or shine, either, which I like. Looks very natural while blurring minor imperfections. Very good staying power. Not matte, not too dewy or luminous. If you want luminous, try Giorgio Armani, which I like but lately have been feeling makes my skin too shiny. MUFE Face and Body doesn't look cake-y or settle into my fine lines or pores, either. Definitely recommend.

on 10/18/2013 8:48:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Where do I start... this was my current and go to closest to HG foundation I have found to date. HOWEVER, it is a tad inconsistent in terms of performance. I assume it's because of skin changes due to weather (ie. becoming more dry in the winter) or if I am using a different moisturizer (under Ole Henricksen's Herbal Day Creme it looked INCREDIBLY greasy). On a great day, it blends into skin beautifully, gives me a nice dewy glow, and covers my pores pretty flawlessly - I literally look as poreless as you can with having decently sized pores. Most foundations typically just "sit" on my pores and tend to make them look accentuated and worse than they do without makeup! On top of that, it looks like SKIN. Not the "your makeup looks nice" type of look, just clearer, better skin. But on off days, I can look more shiny even with setting powder also do notice that the staying power isn't super great. I also feel like it does oxidize only ever so slightly, not enough to really notice though. I could probably go a bit lighter to help this but I have neutral undertones which are slightly more yellow so I stick to the yellow undertone foundations. I think due to the inconsistency I tend to stray, yet I always, always come back to this because of how amazing it blends into the skin and the natural, yet buildable coverage. Lately though I am finding it is a lot shinier than usual... even with moisturizers which aren't as rich. I'm also incredibly saddened because I try to be as cruelty free and natural with my products, and if you weren't aware MUFE is no longer cruelty free as they sell their products in China which requires by law companies test on animals prior to having their products sold in the country. I WOULD buy again if ONLY they didn't test on animals because I do love this on my skin most times than not and would hunt down a better setting powder to keep the shine at bay. I will finish the bottle until it is done but unfortunately I am on the search for a different foundation which can hopefully produce the same results on a more consistent basis and is cruelty free. I hope it's possible. Sigh... IF ANYONE KNOWS A FOUNDATION/TINTED MOISTURIZER THAT IS SIMILAR TO THIS FORMULA/ACHIEVES SIMILAR RESULTS, PLEASE DO INFORM ME! IT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED! :)

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hmmmmm. I wish I could like this more, the coverage is way too light and wishy washy for me. I've tried mixing it with other foundations and it still looks so bland. Wish I didn't buy this! Generous sizing. Feels cool on the skin which is lovely. Bought the 5 shade palette to go with this and seriously...I do not get the hype with this brand. Dunno what i was thinking when i bought the two. Extremely pricey. i think I'll stick to M.A.C and Rimmel for my foundation needs.

on 9/19/2013 4:49:00 PM

PROS
-fantastic buildability with layers
-melds with skin
-hydrating (especially for dry skins)
-sheer to medium coverage
-lightweight feeling on the skin
-very easy to blend
-does not oxidize
-easy to remove (despite being water-resistant)
-long-lasting (at least 10 hours)
-generously-sized bottle

CONS
-scent may not be for everyone

I received a generous sample MUFE's Face and Body Liquid Makeup from Sephora after remarking to a makeup artist that I just couldn't find the kind of foundation I was looking for - something that is hydrating with a sheer texture and that is buildable but won't highlight/emphasize dry patches or settle into/highlight my pores. I was sent home with this and Laura Mercier's tinted moisturizer.

I've tried this foundation several ways - with my fingers, a foundation brush, under varying levels of hydrated skin. I never use primer (though now I'm thinking I should consider it). This foundation looks incredible for about the first hour or so, and then the sad trombone and tiny violins start playing for me.

The texture is divine; that it has a jelly-like quality is a moot point. It smooths out so nicely over the skin that I really couldn't care less about the way the product looks before application. It feels like water on my skin and melds so beautifully with it that I just about cried with happiness. It blends like a dream. There was none of that awful suffocating mask feeling I get from most liquid foundations. It just seemed perfectly in between dewy and matte, perfectly hydrating, and exactly the finish and skin-feel I was looking for. The pretty scent is a nice bonus too. So I crossed my fingers and hoped this would be *the one*.

Fast forward about two to three hours. Every single time my skin looks shiny everywhere and my t-zone is a slick. And this is odd since it's a water-based formula and I always start with well-hydrated skin (my skin is combination-dry). Not even heavier tinted moisturizers make my skin look this shiny so quickly. The foundation hasn't settled into my pores; it's actually giving them more definition! Pores I didn't even see before are waving hello back at me in the mirror. Very fine lines that weren't there before are just there, hanging out in all their little glory. And my face actually feels like there's something a tad bit heavier on it when at first my skin feels free, light, and beautiful.

I honestly don't think it's the foundation that's the issue here. I really think it's how my skin is reacting to it. It's just not the product for me, whatever the reason is. My experiences with products often seem to be contrary to popular experience. This foundation is otherwise fabulous and I would totally recommend it to others.

I *really* wanted this foundation to be my unicorn in a bottle. Sadly, I'm still looking for what seems to be an otherwise mythical foundation.

EDIT - 09/20/13: I did some serious thinking about this product - I want it to work for me that badly. I recently started using the home-made vitamin C serum I found here on MUA, and I think this may have contributed to my skin looking worse under this foundation. Unlike some reviewers' experience, the vitamin C serum makes my skin dull and dry and once even seriously burned the skin around the sides of my nose, leaving the skin irritated and peeling badly! I stopped using the serum and already the foundation looks better on my skin.

I also noticed in direct sunlight tiny speckles of colour on my forehead that didn't blend in with my skin - obviously the colour is not right for me, which leads me to believe the MUFE shade I'm using is a tad too dark and is accentuating flaws because of this (I've experienced this twice before with other foundations). Since the MA at Sephora didn't colour match this foundation to my skin - she merely plucked it off a table, in a *dark* corner of the store, and said it was my colour. I'm going back to get matched in better light and by a better MA (I was given #20 Ivory, but I have yellow tones in my skin, not beige, and suspect #32 Alabaster may be a better shade for me).

I also applied a tinted moisturizer (Laura Mercier TM in Nude) under this foundation this morning, in addition to my regular moisturizer. It seemed to create a better base for applying the foundation. I'll try this again when I get a MUFE shade more suited to my skintone and report back.

EDIT - 09/26/13: After I stopped using the awful homemade vitamin C serum I found here on MUA (http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=75237) and worked on rehydrating my skin, this foundation began to look better and better on my skin. It is so easy to blend, so easy to build layers and never have them look obvious or cakey. It doesn't highlight anything now, neither my pores nor my fine lines. This stuff is simply amazing and it makes my skin look and feel amazing and natural. It really is a HG product, and it really is a unicorn in a bottle. I am so in love with it. I'm sticking with this for as long as MUFE makes it. And that's saying something since I almost never buy a product more than once.

on 9/17/2013 12:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I love this foundation. It is perfect for my constantly irritated and annoyed skin. I have dry, sensitive, clog prone skin with a million freckles, and this address all those issues beautifully. It stays on all day (I set it very lightly with a Cargo pressed powder) and has a very thin watery consistency that is super easy to layer and build up more coverage with. It stays on over my sunscreen perfectly, and doesn't add to much glow or matte effect to my skin. Honestly, I am so lazy with this foundation that I usually just rub it on like I do my sunscreen, and it still looks amazing. I did find that the MAC Face&Body had a little more staying power, but the color match was off. I haven't found any other foundation that I love more.

on 8/15/2013 2:17:00 AM

Wow!!! I seriously love this foundation. I have NC30 skin and bought this shade in #32. I have been reaching for this more than my NARs sheer glow because it doesn't cling to my dry patches like how my nars sometimes does.
This foundation is a bit gel-ish but after vigorously shaking the bottle, pumping it on my finger tips and warming it up on my hands... The foundation applies on well. I don't have to apply concealer after putting this on. It stays on well with my hourglass veil primer and lasts me about 10 hours. I don't wear foundation everyday, so I can't review if it will clog my pores or give me acne.
Anyways pI can't rave enough about this product and I'm so glad I bought it.

on 8/13/2013 6:02:00 PM

I bought this on the recommendation of gossmakeupartist. I have combination skin, NC30 and got this in alabaster beige 32, it's described as "light skin with yellow undertones." It's 1.69 oz / 50 ml for $46 CAD. It was my first high end foundation and I cringed at the price. I've had this for over a year, used it almost every day and I have less than a quarter left. One pump covers the redness, pores and acne scars on my face. On days when I need a little more coverage, I use the MUFE full coverage concealer (which is excellent!) At first I used my fingers and recently, I've used the Real Techniques buffing brush. I love the gel-like texture since it's water based, how soft it makes my face feel and how it doesn't look like I'm wearing makeup. I dust some Maybelline dream matte powder over it and I'm good to go for ten hours or more. I do have to blot after six hours but it's no big deal. I will definitely repurchase.

on 8/8/2013 8:18:00 PM

Some people witness Jesus for the first time and become Born Again. My eyes witnessed this foundation for the first time a couple of months ago. I put it under my eyes, and it magically drank into my under eye area with no pulling, tugging, or crepiness. No allergic reactions. It just sunk right in, with very little patting needed. The color match was good. Enough said.

on 7/19/2013 12:15:00 PM

Holy!

This is a winner for me!

I got a sample from sephora...

The colour matches well #32... I'm #36 in EL Double Wear... the new formula sucked and i had to start looking for a new foundation...

The texture is gelish, watery.. Dries to a powder finish.... I love the light texture, and this actually does not cake and make me look like I wore a mask... It gives a sheer coverage that made me look very very flawless like I had very very good skin... It's not gonna cover much but the finish is absolutely fantastic for me... I have combination skin, more towards oily, and it lasted really long (8-10 hours)

I tried it today and my bf suddenly said " lets go swimming!" I thought I'm totally gonna look disgusting when I get out of the pool..... Nope... I look like I had great skin and the foundation did not melt in the pool as there were lots of foundation when I remove my make up wiith a cotton pad at the end of the day....Bf also didn't noticed that I had foundation on ( when I was on with EL DW, he would hate it and made nasty comments like why wear a mask etc).

I really really love this.... Definitely will go purchase a full size bottle!