April 18, 2014 | 1986 users online

Liquid - Make Up For Ever - Face & Body Liquid Make Up

rated 3 of 5 on 3/9/2013 3:49:00 AM More reviews by trayw86

I purchased this liquid foundation hoping that it would work well with my skin type (large pores,oily skin) after reading other reviews. I also really liked that this foundation was mainly water based. Unfortunately this foundation didn't work with my skin type, my pores still seemed huge even with pore minimizer underneath, and despite using primer this foundation wasn't long wearing at all. I did use this on my mum for her bridal makeup however and on her it worked extremely well, it didn't emphasize any wrinkles and instead gave her a dewy youthful glow and evened out her skin tone nicely as well, and photographs nicely as you don't get the dreaded white face in it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2013 11:49:00 PM More reviews by clemon

Great foundation! Light coverage that's perfect for daily use, comfortable to wear, long lasting. Only complaint is the shade range (but this extend to all mufe foundations): they are all either too yellow or too beige or too pink! Still works fine with a little blending though.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/2/2013 9:42:00 PM More reviews by helloroo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but I really don't like this foundation. This is expensive stuff for water and pigment! I got it because I have a weird reaction to MAC Face and Body. I know people say that the MUFE version offers more coverage but I beg to differ. This offers significantly less coverage than the MAC foundation.
The MUFE version also has terrible staying power. I wore this to work one day 8-3pm and by lunch time, I checked my face and was horrified to see all of my make up literally coming off in patches. I sit in an air conditioned room all day so I'm not really sure what caused this. I use a primer, setting spray, setting powder..everything.
Determined to make this work I tried this again the next day when I was just at home. Same thing. Gross. I returned this.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2013 10:18:00 PM More reviews by pandagrl90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite foundation. I'm the shade 32 and I find it matches me really well. You have to shake it up before use, but it comes with in a very sturdy glass bottle and a nice pump that allows me to easily control how much I use. I usually use a pump and a half, and smooth it on with my fingers. It goes on smoothly, looks invisible and natural, never cakey, and gives a light coverage. It is great for photos and one bottle has lasted me a very long time!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2013 8:20:00 AM More reviews by rachyo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

When it comes to makeup, I'm always looking for the most natural coverage. I have combination skin, so I do tend to have a breakout here and there, and I do get an oily t-zone at times. I also live in a hot hot climate, so I'm basically always sweating! This means its harder to cover everything up (like breakouts) if I'm trying to look like I have no makeup on at all (and without sweating it all off)....MUFE Face and Body is hands down the most natural foundation I've ever used! And it doesn't run off my face when I sweat! Even my brother uses it sometimes SHHH! I've been using this product for about 6months now, and I love it! It stays on perfectly for about 3-4hours and it doesn't give me breakouts (I've actually noticed an improvement to my skin since using this product, as it doesn't irritate my skin at all),and I have even slept with it on. However, if you have oily skin, like I mostly do, then I'd recommend using the MUFE translucent setting powder to set this foundation, works wonders and lasts forever!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2012 10:53:00 PM More reviews by stephaniepress

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I wish I didn't have to wear foundation, but in all my searches, this is my favorite. I have sensitive/reactive skin and the gel-like consistency and water-base do not seem to irritate me, it feels like a second skin that breathes. It melts in and doesn't rub off easily or change color/separate throughout the day like other foundations. It matches my skin tone so well.

I do have combo skin so I apply powder to set. I've tried many expensive foundations, and recommended inexpensive ones, and this is my favorite for my reactive, sensitive skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2012 6:40:00 AM More reviews by Jadetive

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This foundation is packaged in a lovely glass bottle with a black pump, always useful. The foundation itself is a gel/watery formulation. I've found that the best method for applying this foundation is to use my fingers and to swipe it in the red/blotchy areas and THEN pat and blend it into the skin.

The coverage is medium and can be built up nicely. The finish is really beautiful. It is difficult to look cakey with this on since the formulation is quite thin. This foundation also doesn't seem to oxidise on me, the color seems the same at the end of the day.

I am Asian and number 20 matches me pretty well.

My only potential area of concern is the possibility of breakouts. I have sensitive, acne-prone skin and I'm still waiting to see if any breakouts occur. I've been using it for 2 weeks so far without incident, but will update if there are changes.

UPDATE: No changes, my skin seems to love this foundation, whee!

2ND UPDATE: The formula seems to gunk up pretty quickly. Not a big problem, but I do need to waste a third of every foundation I pump since the first third is all gunked up and unusable. 4 lipsticks instead of 5.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2012 10:30:00 PM More reviews by judiness

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this foundation for almost ten years and it's the absolute best foundation I've ever use. I have dry sensitive skin and this leaves the most gorgeous dewey finish. I've tried the HD foundation from the same brand and it's really not the same.

I applied it for years with a latex free sponge, but I've now switch to a stippling brush. Whatever I use it always look flawless. I use number 2 wih is the perfect match for my pink skin.

This is a light to medium coverage foundation which I love. I always though that make up is suppose to make people say you look good, not your make up looks good. I wouldn't recommand it for people with oily skin or serious scaring though.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/21/2012 11:19:00 PM More reviews by ynnej

I'm really uncertain as to what the big hype about this foundation is. Being on a long-running hunt to find my HG foundation, I tried Face & Body after reading the fantastic reviews on makeupalley.

I went to Sephora and received samples of this in several shades, to find one that best suited my skin. After wearing it for over a week, I must say I'm very disappointed, I had high hopes for this one! The consistency is watery and gel-like. It applies very thin and low coverage, but you can add layer upon layer to build the coverage. I prefer a medium cover foundation so I would have to use about 3 layers to get the look I needed. That's a lot of foundation! Given the watery consistency of this foundation, I could see myself going through an entire bottle pretty quickly!

Aside from the consistency and coverage factors, I found that this didn't really do anything for my skin. It looked a bit unnatural, as it never sunk into my skin and gave me that "glow" that some foundations can give. It's more on the matte side than dewy, and I found that it faded drastically as the day passed.

Overall, I dont think this foundation is worth the money. If it were cheaper, I would consider buying it just for a day to day use foundation. But there are far better foundations out there in this price range, so I wouldn't personally recommend this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2012 2:48:00 AM More reviews by ashl0p

This foundation looks SO beautiful. It has a different texture, that I personally LOVE. It's like gelly. But it blends like a dream and MELTS, literally MELTS into your skin. It DOES NOT feel sticky which is a MAJOR plus for me because I absolutely DESPISE sticky feeling foundations. The coverage is amazing as well! Compared to MAC's F&B, this foundation covers so much more! I use my ELF powder brush to blend it into my skin and let me tell you, it looks FLAWLESS. Just the right amount of coverage! I have LOTS of pigmentation on my skin from my acne scarring but this foundation just evens everything out SOOOO beautifully, it's ridiculous. If I need extra coverage, i'll use a heavier coverage foundation as a spot treatment and just go over the areas that need it. It is the more naturalist finish I've ever seen in a foundation. It can get oily, but it isn't anything outrageous. The price sucks though, wayyyyy too expensive. But overall, this foundation is one of the BEST foundation i've ever tried.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No