November 27, 2014 | 1448 users online

Liquid - Make Up For Ever - Face & Body Liquid Make Up

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2013 6:26:00 AM More reviews by cristinezhang

Got this baby just today and tried it on my "still-angry face" (got it from allergy and worsened by BeneFit Hello Flawless Foundation) on the left part, on the right side i tried putting on Estee Lauder Doublewear Light Foundation to compare these both stuffs.

I love how it glides real smoothly on my rough skin, it gives cool, soothing-like feeling to my face. The gel texture melts right away when I swipe it, a little goes a long way. It's got medium coverage, seems to be buildable and it also gets this sweet scent which is too strong for me personally, but I don't mind it. Doesnt break me out, yet. I will update the review if I ever found something wrong with this product :D which I hope not. haha..

I love the packaging, so pretty and gorgeous. I got this with the pump and the pump-cap. Gave the packaging a 4-stars for it's made of glass. Will give it 5 if it comes with a more reliable bottle AND a bigger pump-cap cus the current size of the cap tends to touch the excessive product which comes out of the pump hole most of the time I try to close it.

Price is a bit high for me, plus it fails to become my HG foundation so I won't repurchase unless there's a huge discount for this one. Will hunt for something cheaper with similar quality. I definitely recommend this to MUAs with higher budget than me (great for brides!) :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2013 2:08:00 AM More reviews by hatrick01

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i have a love/hate relationship with this foundation. Some days it is perfect and others it seems to take on a different color. I am nw/nc 13-15 with redness (irish/english complxion). I have this in shade #38 pink porcelain. Some days it is natural and skinlike with no profound undertone and other times it goes on reddish with a greyish appearance. The finish is beautiful. not heavy and does not dry me out after hours of wear. But, it does vanish after about 4 hours. Can't wear this to work due to 12 hour shifts--no time to redo, so i wear this on weekends and days off. would love this if it remained the same shade when i put it on and lasted longer. Never does it emphasize lines or dryness. it does get shiny, but a blot fixes that. The smell is a little sickening, but goes away once on. I have normal/dry skin that gets sweaty, this foundation would be a gem if the staying power was longer and that weird color thing.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2013 10:19:00 PM More reviews by surrealreality

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this for about two years, and it's awesomeness still amazes me every day.

About My Skin: Combination - The area on and around my nose is moderately oily, my forehead, upper lip, and chin area are what I would call normal, and everywhere else is incredibly dry.

Coverage: Buildable... I can add a second or even a third layer with no caking involved. One layer is sheer (gives a little more coverage than a tinted moisturizer and will even out minor skin tone imperfections fairly well, but nothing more). The second layer gives me light coverage. The third layer gives me medium coverage. I wait about a minute in between each layer and apply with a beauty blender. Buildable coverage is the best... when I'm feeling natural, I use one layer. On workdays and dates, I usually use two. When my skin breaks out or when I'm going for an ultra high-fashion look, I use three. One foundation does it all!!!

Finish: It's not matte, but I wouldn't call it luminous. It's just very very natural looking. Using one layer, it looks like I have nothing at all on my skin. Using two layers, I can just barely tell when looking very closely. Even using three layers, it still doesn't look cakey or fake in the slightest.

Wear Length: Forever have I been looking for a foundation that would stay put during hot, humid Florida summers. Well, this is it. I use over moisturizer and under a light dusting of MUFE's HD Microfinish Powder (or MAC's Set Powder) and it stays on the entire day. When I get home after an 8 or 9 hr day, my foundation still looks almost as good as when I first applied it. I do not use a primer though, so I can't say as to how well it works with one. The area on and around my nose gets pretty oily... especially in the summer. While this foundation doesn't stop the oil from coming out, it also isn't bothered by it. I have tried many foundations that look disgusting after my face gets oily because the oil seams to break up the foundation. This one just keeps on keepin' on. As for it's 'waterproof' claim.... it is, but only somewhat. I doubt you could go swimming and expect it to stay on for more than a few minutes. I've seen more water resistant foundations than this, but none that weren't either cakey or drying.

Texture: It's a water based gel, so it looks a bit unusual. If you shake the bottle gently, the foundation will jiggle like jelly in a jar :) It's not sticky at all though.... in fact, it feels more lightweight than most water based foundations.... like nothing is on my skin even after applying several layers. It's not drying in the least. I would say it's slightly moisturizing. I have dry skin on my cheeks that gets flaky... especially in the winter, and this foundation works to diminish the flaky look instead of accentuating it as I've found most water based foundations do.

Available Colors: The only downside to this foundation for me is the choice of shades. Depending on the season and where my work takes me (sometimes I'm outdoors a lot, sometimes I never see the light of day), my skin tone ranges between MAC C1 and C3. MUFE #32 is very close to C3, but none of MUFE's lighter shades match my skin tone. MUFE #20 is close to MAC NC20 (which is warm toned, but not yellow enough for my skin tone when I'm around a MAC C2). #38 is close to MAC NW15 (which is cool toned, so no where near a match when I'm around a MAC C1). As such, I have to mix F&B with a pure yellow oxide powder during times when my skin is lighter. It must be mixed fresh daily (I've never found found a yellow mix-in that didn't cause strange reactions with this foundation if left over night in the bottle... separation, change in texture, etc). I just don't have time for that anymore, so I now only use this foundation when my skin is dark enough to use #32. I will keep trying yellow color adjusters though... maybe some day I'll find one that can be mixed and left in the bottle.

Duration of Bottle: Using two layers almost daily, one bottle lasts me about 4 months.

Packaging: Oddly, when I purchase in-store (Sephora), the pump doesn't come with it for some reason. Just a screw off cap. Really prefer the pump, so I always purchase online.

Bottom Line: My HG foundation! Truly buildable coverage, looks natural, awesome wear length, and stays put in humid climates. If they ever stop making this, I'm picketing.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2013 5:17:00 AM More reviews by FloralRed

At first, this product did not work for me. However, I tried again and it's now my HG. For ladies that don't like being too meticulous with their foundation application, like a light-medium and natural coverage, like light-weight make up, this is for you. This stuff makes my skin look like BETTER skin, which is exactly what make up should do. It also covers up my dark circles without the cakiness, so technically this foundation doubles up as an under-eye concealer for me too! Perfect shade for me, great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2013 8:46:00 AM More reviews by Ebecks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm impressed. I received a very generous sample of this and was blown away. The texture is a strange mix between liquid and gel but once you start to work with it is smoothes out so nicely. The coverage is more than MAC's face and body but isn't going to fuly cover blemishes, I'd say a light/medium coverage. I have dry sensitive skin and this is amazing for my skin type!! I think it would be best for dry, normal, or combination with more dryness. The staying power is impressive...very impressive. It photographs beautifully and would be a wise choice for a bride. If you have and spots that do need more coverage I suggest mixing this with their higher coverage foundation only on the needed areas, it's a great trick. This will be my wedding foundation.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/15/2013 10:12:00 PM More reviews by mandycool01

I love the pump and the color selection. Im nc20-25 and shade 20 was a pretty good match. This foundation is very watery and light weight. I enjoyed being able to feel my skin breathe with this on and it creates a nice cooling sensation upon application that I enjoyed. Unfortunately this product literally wouldn't set on me, even with powder on top. Literally, I had to blot 30 minutes minutes after application and my paper was full of the pigment =( I have acne prone skin with a lot of marks and I wanted something I could wear on my days off, but it just didnt hold up well on my skin, plus I broke out immediately from it.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/14/2013 7:03:00 PM More reviews by xxrocy

Broke me out.. Feel light weight but contains a lot of unnatural ingredients, if you have sensitive skin pass on it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2013 2:24:00 AM More reviews by violetpython4

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Super cool. Not for everyday . I think of it as a nice tool in my kit. I love to cocktail this . It's a WATERPROOF water based gel emulsion that does not rub off and needs no powder to set. It can be used on face and body hence the name.. It used alot in movies and circus ole . Very little coverage . I bought a super dark shade and applied it as a fake tan to avoid the rancid smell of a self tanner developing.. Loved it . Washed right off with a lil scrubbing. It does have a weird smell but I'm telling u if ur in a rush n want a quick deep tan without the mess wait n smell give this a shot

rated 2 of 5 on 4/3/2013 9:29:00 AM More reviews by lucygirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Nice color, looks great at first. But very sheer, and doesn't last all day. When I remove it at night, there's very little color on my cotton pad. Note to everyone who marvels at what a "big" bottle you get: this is because it's so diluted.

I got Dior Forever instead. Amazing stuff.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2013 3:49:00 PM More reviews by jaydensmama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have this foundation in color number 34.

The packaging is a black pump, but I transferred it into an empty Bobbi Brown moisturizer jar that I had. Silly? Perhaps. The reason I did this is so when I shake it up, I can use the amount that gets on the lid, tap my brush into it, and scrape the brush off on the side of the lid. This gives me the perfect amount for my entire face. It just makes me feel like I'm not being wasteful.

It gives me good coverage, but I don't have a lot that needs to be covered. I have redness on my chin and around my nose and my jawline breaks out when I sleep under my husbands arm (I think from his deadorant getting on my face). This covers these issues well.

It stays on for me all day with no problems. My skin is dry, so I can't speak on how it would perform on oily skin. For us dry folks, this is great, as it's water based.

Now...on to the fragrance. It does have a fragrance and it is rather strong, but I really realllly like it. I don't know what it is, but I just love smelling it.

I definitely recommend it and will buy it again when I run out.