Skindinavia Makeup Finishing Spray

4.2

INCI Name WATER SD ALCOHOL 39-C POLYHYDROXYSTEARIC ACID ISONONYL ISONONANOATE ETHYLHEXYL ISONONANOATE SODIUM COCAMIDOPROPYL PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate PVP PHENOXYETHANOL CAPRYLYL GLYCOL Methyl Diisopropyl Propionamide DIMETHICONE PEG-7 PHOSPHATE GLYCERETH-5 LACTATE GLUCONOLACTONE SODIUM BENZOATE PPG-3 BENZYL ETHER MYRISTATE METHYL METHACRYLATE CROSS POLYMER ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF JUICE FRAGRANCE

on 8/1/2011 10:20:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was so excited about this product. It sounded too good to be true. I really, really, really wanted this to work.. but sadly, it doesn't seem to want to work for me :(
It was very hard to find, couldn't get it online because nobody posts this prodict to Australia.. so I finally found the only shop in my city that stock it. It took me an hour to get there, I was on a mission. $50 for 118ml.
sprayed it on after moisturiser, but before primer and again after makeup was done. did nothing.
sprayed it on after moisturiser, after primer and again after makeup was done. nothing
read reviews on here and most people said they only sprayed it on after makeup was done, and shook the bottle.. I did this and still nothing.
it actually made my face look quite cakey and oily and gross, and eyeliner more smudgy.. so it does worse for me than not using it at all.
very upset, wishing this could work for me
I wish I could give it a zero. i wouldn't care so much if it was cheap.. but i have really wasted my money and time on this one.

I bought this stuff after seeing it in some magazine, then finding all the hype on the intrabutts. First time I used it, I applied my mineral makeup as usual, then sprayed per the instructions. At the end of the day I was...underwhelmed. My makeup held up only slightly better than usual.
So why did I rate it 5 stars?? Because I discovered a sweet trick: BEFORE applying my makeup, I spray per the instructions, then wait a minute for the spray to dry completely, and THEN apply my mineral makeup. This works a jillion times better for me (maybe it's because I wear mineral makeup instead of liquid foundation?). My face still gets oily (there's nothing on this planet that can stop that), but my makeup doesn't break up and look all nastified like it used to-- it's more like I "glow" towards the end of the day, hahaha. I also seriously LOVE the "Cool Flash" spray, but I think they may have discontinued it :(
Oh! I should add-- if you're feeling a "mask" effect after spraying, try my trick and apply it before your makeup. See if that helps!

on 6/25/2011 7:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Have this in original and 'No More Shine' and they both work great for me. The oily skin version is great at this time of year.

on 6/22/2011 9:38:00 AM

Thank you God for Skindinavia! If I don't use a makeup setting spray my skin looks oily and my makeup looks cakey. I have been ordering massive amounts ever since I first tried this product and won't go anywhere without it. Not only does it make your makeup last forever, it makes your face look so fresh! With just a quick spray of Skindinavia your makeup is ultra natural looking, not oily, and not cakey. It's the best makeup setting spray on the market and I have tried them all!

on 6/20/2011 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is the best makeup finishing spray on the market today hands down. I have weird skin - sometimes its oily, other times it can dry out. This spray not only keeps my makeup on all day long but it literally evens out the texture. Makeup is suddenly matte and it doesn't appear oily or greasy. I've gone to sleep with this stuff on and my makeup is still perfect in the morning. Absolutely amazing!!

on 6/16/2011 3:58:00 PM

I'm an admitted makeup addict, and I can't get enough of skindinavia! I'll admit, I was skeptical at first-- why shell out part of my cosmetics budget for a clear spray? But after a few days at the beach rocking runny, spotty, and just plain ruined makeup for the cute lifeguards, I decided to give this spray a shot. IT'S MIRACULOUS! It didn't feel like I was spraying something sticky on my face at all, and it protected my makeup from sun and sea. If you're (probably unhealthily) obsessed with makeup like me, you should do whatever you can to make your hard work last past the morning. The only drawback? I go through bottles like crazy. :)

on 6/15/2011 5:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

A true HG...I am wedding coordinator. Last week, we hosted a wedding with a very nervous, and overheating bride who was perspiring through the function...the makeup artist used this twice on her is kept the makeup intact throughout, which was pretty amazing. I picked up this, she was using a bridal version, but the results seem pretty perfect as I suffer from SERIOUS oily skin...highly recommend for anyone looking to keep makeup in place for the day...

this stuff didn't work for me at all, it didn't do what it claimed and it made my skin feel extra dry and "pulled"
I didn't see less creasing in my powder foundation and when I took off my makeup in the shower and put on lotion afterwards my face stung which usually doesn't happen
I ended up throwing this out I was upset because it was such a waste of money

on 4/12/2011 10:08:00 AM

I bought this spray to keep my oily skin less oily. The first time I tried it- it was great. I guess my skin didn't know how to react to it. But after that my makeup still looked shiny towards afternoon. I guess I have to try something else.

on 3/9/2011 1:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I'm not sure if I like this product. I was so excited about this because it claimed that it would make your make up stay on for hours. I sprayed this after my ES double wear light foundation. On some days I would use this spray and some days not. On the days I sprayed it on my face, my dw light foundation did not stay on as long as when I when I have my dw on alone. I was definitely better off not having a primer on my face. However, I do like that semi-dewy finish after spraying it on my foundation as it leaves a more natural-looking face instead of a cakey one. I've also used this over my Lumiere mineral makeup and found that it didn't help my makeup stay on for hours either. So in that case, I'm still looking for my HG primer.

Popular Primer/ Correctors