April 18, 2014 | 1787 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - bare Minerals Foundation #2/#3 & Mineral Veil

rated 2 of 5 on 5/6/2010 4:58:00 AM More reviews by lulabellabeauty

This was one of the first MMU's I tried and I've never really liked it. This stuff actually accentuates pores, (I have some very small pores that are noticeable, but not a big problem and with this, this just makes them pop!), sinks into lines that I didn't know I was getting or have (I'm 26! This stuff makes me look older!) and looks cakey, not matter how little I use and how much "buffing" I do. Also, I hate the mineral veil. It's basically just cornstarch. Ew. THis stuff also bunches up within a few hours on my face and looks like it's melting off. I have combo skin that's usually more dry, and this just makes me look pretty greasy throughout the day, def. not a "glow". At first, I look cakey on application. Then, after 20min when it settles in, it looks decent, def. not perfect. Then 1 hour later, horrible! Not worth it! There are way better MMU's for half the price and that actually perform pretty good, but I have yet to find an HG MMU. I have considered just not searching anymore. The only reason I give this 2 stars is because the starter set I got came with two brushes that I actually really like and I always use, and warmth isn't all that bad. Plus, this stuff surprisingly doesn't make me breakout, like other mineral makeup can, I think because of the lower titanium dioxide amounts (has alot of bismuth oxychloride instead which can cause acne in others as well as allergies!) So far, I like EDM the best right now (but not in love with it). I also like mineral fusion, especially because of the sleek compact design! No mess! BUt it is pretty pricey and this does dry me out a bit (I think all MMU does!) and may be contributing to some acne (not really sure) EDM also does this which is why I'm not sure if I really want to continue using MMU. I just hate foundation and TM's. I'm gonna try out one last MMU and that will be it. And I'm also gonna try BB creams next. I'm hoping that will be my answer!!!
Edit: I still am not crazy about this stuff but I found every MMU out there (the ones Ive tried that is) break me out. This stuff doesn't. It does however irritate slightly (just some itchy skin, mostly if i get hot) I also have a hard time with TM's because of the sunscreen in them make my face burn!! I seriously can't win!! I did however recently try this again since it's been sitting on my bureau and used the tiniest amount and BE's primer )which I absolutely love!!) and wow, I was surprised!! It looked pretty good! So, I now know a little really does go a long way, and Im talking a tiny tiny bit!! Otherwise, it will look cakey and slide around on the face and highlight things you don't want highlighted. I finished with MUFE's HD powder and my tarte bronzer, and amazing!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2010 12:41:00 AM More reviews by r0san

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It looks great in pictures, covers up all my acne scars. However, it does tend to get cakey (believe me, I buff and buff). However, it is very light, my face feels very smooth and it really doesn't feel like you have makeup on! I've heard that MAC's fix + can be combined with this product, giving you that dewy look.

I picked the starter kit up at my local Shoppers and it came up to $84 CAD. Pricey, yes. But it came with two foundations, warmth, glee, the mineral veil and two brushes, so it wasn't that bad. They also gave me a $20 gas card. I've yet to breakout and there isn't any signs that I would (mind you my skin is very acne prone).

Because it's so light weight and doesn't break my skin out, I would probably purchase it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2010 5:34:00 AM More reviews by ChristeenieMarie

Nice finishing touch that gives a subtle glow to the face.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2010 7:12:00 PM More reviews by beautymark86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this product, it makes my skin look so smooth & "porcelain" looking . I usually apply it right after I sprayed Evian Facial Mist to my face (let it dry 1st) The result is beautiful<3

rated 1 of 5 on 4/12/2010 1:21:00 AM More reviews by pandah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is definitely for those who already have perfect skin looking for a glow. For anyone who has minor pores, blackheads or fine lines developing, this is NOT the way to go, the product actually enhances all my flaws. In dim lighting (like in their store) or quiet restaurants, my skin did look great, but try stepping out into the sun or going into the office with regular lights and BAM, all your flaws are magnified. Taking the powder off at night was digusting, it's like the stuff is glued to your face. I'm sticking to Lancome's liquid foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2010 8:04:00 PM More reviews by Kellymama

I've been using bare essentials for 7 years now & would never be able to switch to anything else.

I use makeup pads instead of brushes though, it covers blemishes perfectly. When I used a brush I didn't like the makeup but with a pad it's amazing. A lifesaver I would say. When I put it on it's like taking an eraser over your face getting rid of flaws making everything even & smooth. I love it & plan to stay faithful to it for as long as I wear makeup!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2010 8:59:00 PM More reviews by cwinter

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The foundation was a bit of a disappointment. too matte and the powder does go every where so you have to apply before getting dressed and then you have to be careful about not touching your face. It did last all day for me. applied over the moisturizer and primetime. like i said it lasted all day for me but it's not a quick application and if i'm getting ready at 5 am I don't want to spend that much time in front of the mirror for makeup.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/5/2010 3:01:00 PM More reviews by Bay102000

I wanted this to be my miracle product. As a former cheerleader in highschool, I was used to always being in the limelight and judged. I had less than perfect skin, having suffered from acne and been thru a cycle of harsh accutane. I needed something that could not only keep my skin clear, but cover the scars it left behind. Bare Minerals highlighted my acne scars and sunk into my imperfections. It had a bad glow to it that made my skin look oily/wet. My skin is mostly dry so this surprised me. Bare Minerals is more for people with PERFECT skin who want a glowy sheen, not for people who are trying to cover flaws.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/19/2010 10:30:00 AM More reviews by aipc29

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just do not understand all the hype about Bare Escentuals. I know I am the last person on the planet to try it, but I wish I had waited longer. Never have I had such lumps appear under the skin from any product as I did with this. There is something highly allergenic in this ( I think it is bismuth) that makes me look like the Incredible Hulk after using this. And with all that, it does NOT cover well and makes me look powderey. Stick to good old liquid foundation and be done. This is over-priced crap that just making Leslie Blodgett a billionaire. Keep it Leslie!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/17/2010 1:22:00 AM More reviews by rocksteady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Its supposed to give a nice finish for a flawless face but I don't really see what difference it makes to my skin. It does help to give a matte look for a little while when you first put it on but that's about it.

I stopped using it as the last step of the bare minerals foundation starter set because I hate the packaging and how the powder just gets everywhere. Too lazy to make a mess for minimal results.