August 1, 2014 | 1058 users online

Loose Powders - Kryolan - Anti Shine Powder

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2009 8:29:00 PM More reviews by ThatLadyNextDoor

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This has become my HG powder thanks to P'ville!! I was a little hesitant about this product due to the fact it's theatrical makeup. Why do I want theatrical makeup? Well, I bit my tongue there. This beat all of the powders I have purchased and tried. I actually threw away my MAC Blot Powder for this. After all the years of wearing MAC powders, this is the absolute winner. It's light, airy. A little goes a long way if you use a powder brush with it. You get a HUGE amount of product. I'm an oily skin sufferer and have been since I was 13 yrs. old. I've been using this product for 2 months now. I apply my makeup in the morning and take it off at night. I only have to re-touch twice, compared to MAC Blot Powder (which is more than 5x). This product did not clog my pores nor did it make my NC40 skin turn into a pale color. The powder is white, but translucent. It will not mess your foundation up. If you are like me and suffer from break-outs and oiliness, try this product. If you don't like it you could always swap it. This stuff is worth it!!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2009 10:20:00 AM More reviews by vanity68

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Will I buy this again??? Absolutely!! The best mattifying powder ever! And my skin is soooo soooo oily...this keeps it matte for hours and hours..no lie...if you have oily skin..run and get it... **love**

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2009 9:46:00 PM More reviews by luckystar13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Just got this today....I was so excited I put it on after being out all day. I was about 1/2 as oily as I usually get. I used my Mary Kay oil mattifying lotion in the morning so I wasn't oil slick level but even then, I noticed the difference after putting this on. I feel so comfortable, not oily at all, not dried out mask-like, no heavy makeup feel, I don't even feel like I have anything on my face, just nice and matte.

There's no odor to it, it's lightweight and translucent..I do not look like I have any powder on at all!! It felt like heaven going on with my Sonia Kashuk powder brush.

It's the weekend and the real test is Monday at work, when I start at 6am and finish at 6pm...we'll see how it goes!!
*********
10/28/09: Update- I have since stopped using my MK oil mattifying and just use this powder once at 5:30am and a quick touch up at 12:00pm, although I'm not oily at noon, I just like to refresh my make-up mid-day so I finish it off with this.....I won't ever be out of this powder if I can help it..8)
**************
10/15/10: 2nd update: I'm so mad that the TSA took my Kryolan at the airport...it's kinda suspicious looking I guess, white powder in a plain lil jar with a silver lid, but please!!! I was very upset!! anyhow, bought it again and am in love again.....i brush it on around 6 am and don't have to freshen my face all day if I don't want to, no more oil slicks for me and I won't let the TSA have it this time..ha!ha! (btw, bought it off ebay for about $22 delivered)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2009 8:30:00 PM More reviews by poeticsinger

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OH MY GOODNESS. I really wish there were a way for me to adequately convey what a miracle product this is. I know some other ladies have said this, but you must understand that I have OFF THE CHARTS oily skin. I used to have to literally come home and wash my face all over again if I wanted to go somewhere after work because my face was an oil slick. My face would shine from the time I left my makeup mirror to when I got downstairs. I've found a lot of products which help oil in the last decade. I'm no longer an oil slick, but I do find that I have to blot a lot no matter what I use...UNTIL NOW. I just got this yesterday and I put on my makeup to go to church. First of all, this looked different from the moment I put it on. My face looked smooth and airbrushed without a hint of shine. That NEVER happens with anything else on my makeup table. So off to church I go...Now, I'm baptist and we PARTY in my church!! I had to sing for 2 straight services and when you have a 7 piece band, you can imagine that we WORK in church. But when I left the second service (I don't even bother to look in a mirror while at church. Makeup is the last thing on my mind) my face could do with a little blot but it was NOTHING like it normally is. The bigger test will be when I go to work tomorrow. My day starts at 4:00 am so by noon, I usually don't have that flawless look I like. I'm so excited to see how my face will look tomorrow! Will update tomorrow night.
UPDATE: OK here it is ladies. I took a few days to try the powder with a few different foundations. Here's what I've found: It works best for me if I use the Kryolan as a base AND a finishing powder. I used different liquid foundations and once I put a powder foundation on with a thin coat of liquid to make me glow. The firs day, I made it until 11:00 am...7 hours. WOW. The second day (with the powder foundation) I didn't blot ONCE all day and my face was oil free! On the 3rd day I used another liquid and had to blot. I used Urban decay De-slick mattifying powder ONCE during the day and my face remained FLAWLESS for like 13 hours! WOOHOO!! HG ladies!! NO QUESTION.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2009 9:31:00 AM More reviews by EmeraldCharm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have never tried a Kryolan product before and I'm generally afraid of stage makeup because I figured it would look odd in real life. The ingredients are minimum and supposed to be similar to rice powder.
I feel this powder simply does what it is suppose to and nothing else which is why it works great for me. It truly does mattify. I can put it on anyway I please-before another powder, after liquid or over a powder to set and get rid of shine. It does look too light at first but settles down and blends in with my skin and then looks like natural shine free skin. It's neither chalky or dull. I love it and it easily works in my face makeup routine.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2009 11:41:00 AM More reviews by jjkrh

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

You get a huge jar of this for what I consider to be not much money. Taking into account the small amount you need to use each time, I will have this powder for a long long time. Now about the powder....most amazing I have ever used. I am an oil slick, usually within an hour or less of putting on makeup and yes that includes controlling foundation and using primers. But this powder controls shine so well. It imparts a shine free, nearly poreless look to your skin. It is white in the jar but colorless on the skin. I cannot say enough about how wonderful this product is.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2009 6:50:00 PM More reviews by harperjean07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

is this stuff for real?? i cannot get over how wonderfully it works. i used to have to apply powder/blot at least every hour, or else i looked disgustingly shiny. with this powder, i can go four to five hours without even getting dewy. it saves me sooo many bathroom trips to check how greasy i'm looking, and it makes my makeup look so perfect and helps my pores disappear. you can get it by searching for it on ebay. HG stuff.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2009 5:52:00 PM More reviews by chiodancrgrl23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a great product. It truly does beat my MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder. The Kryolan sets my makeup and keeps it shine-free longer. It does have a drier texture than the MAC but that probably just makes it work better. This jar will last me a very long time since it is so big and if I ever run out I would repurchase. Great price too! I purchased from funhousetheatricalcostumes (which has a website and an ebay store) for around $15 plus shipping.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2009 12:56:00 AM More reviews by kittynt

I have combination skin and am always a bit shiny (or sometimes even oily when the weather is warm) at the t-zone. So, I have been searching for ages for a nice product that can give me decent oil-control. Sadly, most mattifying products, especially powders are cakey...
I was in love with Maybelline's dream matte powder before Kryolan, I mean, I still like the maybelline's one, but after trying Kryolan's anti-shine powder... Oh boy I am in love!
This powder comes in a big jar, and looks completely white, but the powder is very fine, almost like flour? It is very lightweight. I use a kabuki brush to dap and buff it onto my t-zone, and at once, my face looks airbrushed! I agree that it leaves a satin, dewy finish, so, it controls oil really well, doesn't dry me out, and doesn't make my face mask-like. I love love love this powder, got it for $14 or so on ebay, and it is definitely worth the price. (the container is big, so I don't think I will need to repurchase anytime soon; but if I am running out of it, I will go, no, I mean RUN to repurchase!)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2009 11:22:00 PM More reviews by milkdoves

I used to have problem skin and by that I mean very, very oily throughout the day. I constantly tried different products for oil control and nothing worked.
Except this.
This powder is absolutely amazing! It's super soft and light and blends right in. I put on my foundation and then brush on a put of this on my forehead, nose and chin and I don't get oily at all. The only time I get oily is if I'm conscious of my face and I touch my face, it wipes away the powder and of course the oil appears minutes later.
I just wish they had this in a compact/pressed form. Unfortunately this cannot be pressed.