MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Medium Dark

4.2

on 9/26/2011 4:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I only use this because i'm pregnant and needed something affordable to throw on quick on those days i feel like crap and don't feel like doing my makeup lol. I don't understand all the hooplah this product gets because it's not all that and there are waaaay better powder products on the market that are well suited for more of a multitude of complexions and undertones. For this to suit me better it needs more yellow...needs to not oxidize slightly...and a tiny bit more coverage. I ain't complaining too much because it does what i need it to do for the meantime. I do like how it doesn't feel heavy and cakey though..that's a plus. I won't re-purchase once i'm done.

on 8/16/2011 5:28:00 AM

I found this powder to be oily on my skin. It gives good coverage, however i find that after the end of the day my T Zone gets oily. I have combination skin and NW25 for reference. Definitely looking for another powder..

on 8/8/2011 11:52:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Warm

Hair: Other, Kinky, Coarse

I use this as setting powder over my studio fix fluid in NC44. NC44's are usually put in medium deep but I don't have orange undertones so medium deep is too dark. However this shade is perfect and gives me a little dimension after applying the matte finish of the studio fix. I apply it with my mac 182 kabuki for a lot of coverage or with my mac 187 for light coverage.

on 8/7/2011 4:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

It oxidizes with my oily skin and makes me look a half a shade darker. Great natural looking product though. Still love it! "

on 8/6/2011 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I love this powder! I use it everyday after my morning skin routine to just brush it on my face and even out my skin tone while taming my oiliness. Be sure to moisturize well before putting this on or you may look a little cakey, but I was so surprised that a powder could look so natural! I love to just pop this in my bag for future touch ups and I can't go wrong with it.

on 5/30/2011 5:52:00 AM

I have several MSF, some for highlighting and two for general setting of foundation after use. I recently purchased medium dark as the medium shade I was originally matched to was turning ashy on my skin because I was getting darker. I have NW25 skin and when the SA told me I should try the medium dark I was sceptical it would match me as I know people that have darker skin than me and have been matched to medium plus, however I feel some of the shades are different undertones rather than shades of darkness. This really suits me better than the medium as I feel it tones down the redness in my skin a bit more and makes my complexion a tad warmer and like I have a healthy sun kissed glow. However the SA advised me I should keep the medium and use it for a matte highlight if I want something subtle under my eyes/ cheekbones.

I adore MSF and think that they are very multipurpose products. You can use them to contour, highlight, set your powder, as an all over light coverage foundation.

I love the package too - it doesn't contain a mirror but this isn't too much of a worry for me as I don't take it with me to touch up. I like the clear top because unlike a lot of other MAC compacts with the mirrors (select powder, blot powder, etc), I can see which one and grab the one I need without opening it. They are very sturdy and I haven't had one break yet, even when I was travelling from University or the times I put it on my non-carry on in planes while going on holiday. Plus they last for ever!

I love it - I just recommend going in to the store and getting matched to make sure you get the correct shade for your skin tone, but if they mess up it's not too big of a deal because as I said, you can easily find another use for it.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other

I LOVE this!! I actually have a lighter skintone than this, but I like using it to just warm up my face, and it still gives me a little more coverage.

on 5/9/2011 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I had this tried on me at the MAC store in Janurary and I LOVED the natural glow it gave me, the MAC artist didn't tell me what shade I was though she just put it on me and rushed to help another costumer. Shock! But I loved the way it looked on me and I think medium dark would be the perfect color for me (I am NW30 in Studio Sculpt Foundation and NW33 in Studio Fix Fluid) but Which shade should I chose for this cause I love it so much! I don't mind being a bit lighter or a bit darker.

on 4/18/2011 1:13:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I've been loyal to this product ever since I bought it (one month ago). I just wanted to buy a powder that I could warm up studio sculpt since it was a bit too light for me. Mineralize Skinfinish Natural Medium Dark was a perfect match! My body had yellow undertones, my face however has neutral undertones.. PLUS it's a lot lighter than the rest of my body.
Most yellow toned foundations are too yellow and look very fake on my skin. Whenever I use a foundation that matches my skintone (face) and I add the MSF over the foundation, it is a perfect match! My face and body are even again in skincolor.
I apply this powder with a HUGE fluffy brush from sephora. A little goes a long way since it's so pigmented. Definately recommended!

on 4/14/2011 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I didn't like this at first because it didn't give me enough coverage (or it would but it would look cakey on my dry skin). The MUA told me that I could get more coverage if I sprayed fix+ on my brush, dipped the brush in the compact and then apply. BAD ADVICE, it hardened a layer of my MSF. I ended up having to scrape off the first layer (which didn't wast too much product but was annoying).

After that I just didn't know how to use it beyond using my Sigma F82 and getting decent coverage. However, I've lately been using it as a light setting powder under light liquid foundation with a Sigma's blush brush - this not only sets my foundation but gives me just enough coverage w/o looking cakey at all. It makes my makeup last all day! I'm glad I found a way to use it - I'm satisfied. I would possibly repurchase if I don't find something better.

Recommended for Normal Skin