September 2, 2014 | 1704 users online

Primer/ Corrector - LORAC - Oil-Free Neutralizer

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2007 9:15:00 PM More reviews by painted_dainty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am NC15 with mild rosacea, sensitive skin with oily t-zone and normal cheeks. This primer is a godsend for days when I wake up with a really red face. It does exactly what it says, it neutralizes the redness. It doesn't really cover up pimples or raised blemishes as well as a concealer would. Usually it's all I need when I'm in a rush or don't want to bother with dotting on concealer or wearing foundation. I top it off with a powder most of the time. I apply it with my fingers which seems to work very well. I took off one lippie because the pump dispenser on the bottle makes it hard to get just a teeny amount, and the bottle gets messy. This is HG material for me and I'll definitely buy it again! The bottle lasts forever too.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2007 12:58:00 AM More reviews by Lunakitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I loooooove this product. I have a lot of pink in my skintone, and I can't stand most correctors. I'm incredibly pale, and the greens/purples/yellows/etc. always seem to find a way to shine through my foundation. This completely gets rid of the pinkiness, while my foundation evens out my skintone and blends seamlessly with the neutralizer. Love that it is oil-free, too.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2007 10:10:00 PM More reviews by barbj35

I LOVE this product. I have combination tanned skin that shows redness due to tanning and my pink undertones. It has been my life quest to find a product to correct the redness, but still leave my skin looking natural without looking mask-like. This is it. I got a sample of this at Sephora and I have since bought a whole bottle. Like some of you have said, little goes a long way so use a light hand when applying this. I first moisturize, then use only a bit and blend it in, I wait few minutes for everything to set in. I then follow with Chanel Double Perfection compact. My skin that is okay to begin with, looks amazing...smooth, poreless, and even. Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2007 7:33:00 PM More reviews by Schadenfrau

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Quite simply, this is an amazing product. I've pale skin that tends toward redness, and a few minutes after I moisturize and apply a bit of this on my face, my skin is an even-toned blank slate.

I've found that I need very little (if any) foundation after I've applied LORAC's netutralizer. I haven't seen the odd tone mentioned in a few reviews on here. I generally follow this up with a bit of Bobbi Brown's Corrector around my eyes, a dust of Mineral Veil, and then finally a dusting of BE foundation on most days. My skin is decent, but in the past week I've used this stuff, it has looked fantastic.

The packaging is not the best, but it's certainly not the worst, either. One gentle pump is just enough for full coverage. I do apply immediately after I've moisturized, and I haven't had any problems with application yet. I'll update if I do.

If you're on the fence, head to Sephora with a clean face and give this stuff a whirl. That's what I did, and I was ringing it up at the counter five minutes later.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2007 11:15:00 PM More reviews by arneegirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This has always been and will always be my 'go to' neutralizer. Mixed with moisturizer it's perfect for everyone and always looks natural. I've never seen a product neutralize redness as well as this one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2007 4:25:00 PM More reviews by AimeeO

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a good product for women who have ruddiness in their cheeks. My skin is very fair and my entire cheek area gets red. The consistency of this is not thick, but not runny either. The pump bottle squirts out WAY too much product at a time (exactly like Lorac's Undercover Lover concealer bottle). The color is a sickly blend of yellow and green.
I find that rubbing in products like this just exacerbate redness. I lightly pat, and use a small wedge sponge to blend this in. I then let it sit for awhile to let the redness of rubbing subside. I do find that this evens skin tone, just not as much as I would have hoped. That's why I took off 1 lippie.
As far as longevity, I think this helps keep my cheeks from showing red for the entire day.
All in all, this isn't a perfect product. But, I look at the Smashbox and MUFE green primers, and wonder how well they would work, being that they're thicker and darker green. I imagine that they would be a nightmare to work with, and would make this product look perfect!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2007 7:01:00 PM More reviews by subucni

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff has really helped the redness in my skin. when you use it alone though it looks like your skin is flaking off and is not flattering at all....but once i learned how to put this on (mixed it with my stila TM) it really does help get rid of any redness in my face. After i mix it and put it on, i dab a little extra bit on my pimples and around my nose, then add concealer and it really helps. the pumps sucks.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2007 4:04:00 PM More reviews by KRISTEN34

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Sephora gave me a handfull of samples of this stuff, and I have been useing it almost every day for the last 3 months. When I run out of samples I will definitely purchase it. You only need a little dab. The stuff lasts forever, so I think it is worth the cost. In my opinion, it is no miracle, but it really does help quite a bit to neutralize redness. As the previous reviewer stated, it does make me look a bit more pale then normal, but a little bronzer fixes that. My weird skin has the tendancy to turn bright red at any moment. I've tried a hundred foundations, coverups and redness concealers, and so far the combonation of this and my bare minerals has worked the best for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2007 4:26:00 PM More reviews by CaliBello

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I would like to give this a 3.5. I have a very even Pro Con list for this product. So I'm on the fence, but I am still working with it and hope to keep it in my routine.

Pro: Helps with redness, no irritation actually has been very healing to my acne-prone skin, bonus mattifying effect

Con: Pump squirts out too much, almost impossible to blend, pales my dark skin.

I'm hanging on to my bottle and will keep experimenting!

Update: Mixing this with a sheer foundation is working well.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2007 2:47:00 PM More reviews by mcarpio

I gave it an overall rating of 4 b/c you need to "learn" how to apply it correctly or it can look really yucky. Once you do, it does help w/red looking pimples, I'm olive toned, so I have to be even more mindful about how to apply it. It does work great w/products not alone. You can mix it w/your face cream and or w/your concealer or foundation.