Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner

3.9

Cyclopentasiloxane, Ozokerite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polyethylene, Phenyl Trimethicone, Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifera {Candelilla} Wax), Tocopherol, Sorbic Acid, BHT, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), MICA, Black 2 (CI 77266), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Carmine (CI 77470).

on 10/12/2013 4:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I found a value pack of two at my local target on clearance for less than $4. I never tried Revlon's eyeliner so I didn't expect anything. I have oily lids but I always use a primer (elf $1 primer or MAC paint pot). I like using this to tight line and it didn't budge. I haven't used it on my water line so I can't say how it perform. I also use it on my eyelid,the color shows up gray. I could make it darker but that means I have to go back and forth,tugging my lid. The formulation is not as smooth as the Milani retractable eyeliner. I'm still unsure about repurchasing this eyeliner since I bought a pack of two,and I still have couple other to finish.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Love this eyeliner! So great for $5!

on 9/16/2013 1:41:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I really like this I got it for 5$ and it looks pretty on my dark greenish brown eyes

on 9/13/2013 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have the brown one, it's great on the upper lash line as well as tight line and water line. But I do need to set it with powder or else it will smear everywhere.

on 9/10/2013 3:48:00 AM

I was on the lookout for a long wearing eyeliner and I found the good reviews of the Revlon Colorstay so I thought I'd give it a try. And I'm really glad I did! I have this pencil in brown-black and the color is the perfect shade for me. It is very pigmented and definitely better than my Avon Glimmersticks eyeliner. I wore this for six hours and it stayed on my eyes with no smearing or anything (I have oily eyelids). However I still have to test it for 10+ hours. But so far I'm really happy with this eyeliner. It's also great for the waterline - it stays on and doesn't budge (at least in my experience so far). Removing may take a while and I have to use a Q-tip with my eyemakeup remover to rub it out completely. However I'm okay with that because it means the eyeliner has long staying power!

*EDIT:
So I wore this eyeliner for 10 hours... and when I got home I realized that I had horrible panda eyes! The eyeliner that I placed on my waterline smeared a lot, and it looked like I had really bad dark circles underneath my eyes. I think this eyeliner is good for your upper eyelids, but it's bad for the waterline, especially if you have oily lids. Overall I'd give it a 3.5 because it is not meant to be used on your lower eyelids or waterline.

on 9/3/2013 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Colour, yes. A rich, beautiful black. Stay? Nope. Nope nope nope. I had awful dark circles by the end of the school day that I couldn't rub off, because somehow it would stay there and not budge. I'll have to keep looking for a pencil that will for once stay on my waterline. This was not a good pick

on 8/28/2013 8:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

It last long , even on my oily skin. Although it does not blear, it's definitely one of my favorites .

Cheap. Not much complaints. Loved it when I first purchased it but it is kind of dying down. Love that it twists up. I believe this is the least smudging liner that I have tried, it still does smudge though. I feel like it does not really glide onto my eyes and I struggle to apply it on. But so far this is my go to liner still on the mission to find my perfect one though.

on 8/17/2013 12:17:00 PM

I actually returned this eyeliner.

It might work well for someone who doesn't like to smudge their eyeliner, but as I do, I found it difficult to work with. On top of that, my eyeliner had migrated to the creases of my eyes(!!) within a few hours.

I'm very pleased with other colorstay products that I've tried, so this was a huge disappointment.

on 7/28/2013 10:12:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I bought this due to the name "Colorstay" hoping it would last on my waterline. First off, packaging is like any other twist up eyeliner. I got mine in the color Navy and the liner itself is creamy and pretty opaque. I was able to blend it out if I wanted to and it does set within a few seconds. It stayed on for hours on end without smudging however, my waterline was a different story. I applied this at 7 in the morning and I didn't set it just to test how it would do without an eyeshadow over it. Well it smudged within 2 hours of wear and within an hour, I had panda eyes. Next day, I did the same thing but set it with an eyeshadow. The staying power was a little bit better but still the same thing. I had panda eyes by the end of the day. So if you're looking for an eyeliner for the lid, then this is a good one but on the waterline? Don't even try it. You're better off with a gel liner.