October 30, 2014 | 1193 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Aveda - Large Paddle Brush

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2008 10:52:00 PM More reviews by shelllly

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I'm currently on my 2nd paddle brush. The first one I bought at a salon which carried Aveda at the mall several years ago - I didn't go there often for services, but bought all my Aveda products. Eventually, the brush handle started to chip away (water damage?), so I tossed it in my junk drawer.

I got another one in December when Aveda was having the special - buy two large size Shampure/Shampure Conditioner, get paddle brush free. So, I'm back to loving the paddle brush again - keeping it away from any water hazard! Would buy again - glad this one was free.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2008 4:17:00 AM More reviews by dac68

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this brush based on the MUA reviews and I must say that this is the BEST paddle brush I have ever used and I have tried many! It does not get tangled up in my hair like other brushes do. I am not happy with the price but I would definately repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2008 3:53:00 PM More reviews by jadoreLeCute

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i really never thought id appreciate a brush as much as i do with this one. i have long fine hair that knots up if the wind blows and this is tough enough to get thru my tangles but gentle enough not to rip any hair out in the process. it leaves my hair feeling soft &silky, without static. the bristles dont scratch my scalp at all, it actually feels like a massage! i use this everytime i come out of the shower and take it with me whenever i travel. what i really love about this brush is that the bristles dont have those annoying plastic balls on the tips.. you know, the ones that are supposed to help make cheap brushes feel better, but pop off over time? i dont have to worry about it snagging my clothes if i throw it in a duffel bag. the wood paddle is strong and can handle alot of abuse so its comes handy when u need to keep your boyfriend in check. lol jk but this brush lasts for years. do they make a smaller version to toss in a purse?

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2007 9:39:00 PM More reviews by 1annasroundhere

FANTASTIC PADDLE BRUSH! it doesn't split my hair, make it frizzy or full of static, wraps like a dream, and holds up to everything... even dogs!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2007 10:52:00 AM More reviews by kcarr325

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really don't know what it is about this brush, I'm not a brush conneisueur - but it is awesome and worth the money. I've had this brush for 5 years now. My stylist told me it was awesome for doing a stick straight blow out (he was right). It's also awesome for just brushing out your hair, getting the tangles out without breaking your hair off. I have two little girls (5 & 3). I use this to brush their hair out when they are being fussy or have major tangles...they even love it (even thought it's bigger than their head). There's just something magic about it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2007 12:01:00 PM More reviews by avalonia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This brush is magic. I hate every other Aveda product I've tried, but will never part from this and am getting a back up. I have long thick curly (3b) hair that no other brush gets thru without causing me pain and pulling out tons of hair. Yet I love brushing before I wash, because it feels really good on my scalp (probably helping hair grow faster too) and because hair looks sooo much better after I wash and condition. I didn't think it was possible, but this brush glides through effortlessly, hardly takes any time, no pain at all, and I barely lose any hair. Luv it so much!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/8/2007 5:40:00 PM More reviews by muddlepup

This brush is no better than the paddle brushes you buy at the discount store. Don't know what the fuss is about.

At $17.00, I was not impressed.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2007 11:21:00 PM More reviews by carriespooner

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this brush when it was 12.00 usd! That's how long I've had it. Friends was still 'new' on Must see TV. It was the early 90's this brush did me proud!

I've had the "Rachel", 90210 hair, Melrose Place Hair ,Fly girl Hair, Grunge hair, Bangs, no bangs, long bangs...Stripes, and Chunky highlights. Well.. Thank Goodness I didn't get a Mullet but had I gone that route, this brush would have styled me sexy! I'm just saying....
It's flipping awesome.

I finally retired it after many years of use and dragging it with me everywhere. I used it as the Single Mom Hammer to hang pictures and
squash water bugs. Darn that paddle is big! It remained true and sturdy!

Yes.. it's sad..
I retired it because the little ball things fell off over the years and it started to get a little scratchy.

I'll admit that I almost fell over when I had to pay 12.00 for a hairbrush.
It was worth it. I've broken so many Goody brushes with my thick locks so I probably saved a fortune by buying this one.

I'll probably get another one. Now they offer the brush with purchase so that gives me an excuse to shop! Maybe it will last longer this time, since I now have a husband for the waterbugs and a tool kit for home improvements.

12 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2007 11:52:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

Big surface so you can brush your hair with only a few sweeps. It doesn't glide through real tangles, of course (unless you don't mind tugging at and ripping your hair) but does smooth my hair quickly and efficiently. The bristles are nylon (I think), minus the little balls that you usually see at the tips of most brush bristles. The bristles thus feel a little scratchy against your scalp, but in an oddly pleasant way. It's not quite the same if you go buy a plastic brush and rip off the balls (ouch!) somehow, since this Aveda brush won't ever scratch you in a painful way. I have not used this for blowdrying or styling (I prefer a round brush for that) but I am pleased with this item overall.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2007 10:09:00 AM More reviews by sweetgirl7

Oh this feels SOOOO good I could brush my hair all day. The feeling of this on my scalp is incredible! I actually used this to comb my wet hair out today and it worked great and felt so good!!! I love this brush!