Aveda Large Paddle Brush

4.7

Perfect brush for my long fine hair. Great to use to blow dry straight too. Very expensive in Australia ($50.00) The only complaint i have is the lacquer is starting to chip off the wood. Other than that, it great!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

After reading the glowing reviews on this brush, I just had to try it. This brush really does live up to it's expectations! I have really dry, damaged, long, thick, coarse hair, and this brush works miracles on it! It smooths and detangles instantly, and feels sooo nice on my scalp. Doesn't pull or tug needless to say, it doesn't hurt at all! It pulls out less than half as much hair as my old Conair brushes - I REFUSE to brush my hair with any other brush. The drawback is the price- a whopping $33 freaking dollars here in Canada!!! Luckily I was abel to get mine in Seattle for 22.. but it's still obscene. Worth it though! Thank you Aveda for creating such a miracle brush! This makes brushing my hair an enjoyable experience!

This is a great paddle brush. It holds up nicely; I've had mine for almost 3 years. Smooths my fine, fly-away hair.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I'm currently on my 2nd paddle brush. The first one I bought at a salon which carried Aveda at the mall several years ago - I didn't go there often for services, but bought all my Aveda products. Eventually, the brush handle started to chip away (water damage?), so I tossed it in my junk drawer.

I got another one in December when Aveda was having the special - buy two large size Shampure/Shampure Conditioner, get paddle brush free. So, I'm back to loving the paddle brush again - keeping it away from any water hazard! Would buy again - glad this one was free.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I bought this brush based on the MUA reviews and I must say that this is the BEST paddle brush I have ever used and I have tried many! It does not get tangled up in my hair like other brushes do. I am not happy with the price but I would definately repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

i really never thought id appreciate a brush as much as i do with this one. i have long fine hair that knots up if the wind blows and this is tough enough to get thru my tangles but gentle enough not to rip any hair out in the process. it leaves my hair feeling soft &silky, without static. the bristles dont scratch my scalp at all, it actually feels like a massage! i use this everytime i come out of the shower and take it with me whenever i travel. what i really love about this brush is that the bristles dont have those annoying plastic balls on the tips.. you know, the ones that are supposed to help make cheap brushes feel better, but pop off over time? i dont have to worry about it snagging my clothes if i throw it in a duffel bag. the wood paddle is strong and can handle alot of abuse so its comes handy when u need to keep your boyfriend in check. lol jk but this brush lasts for years. do they make a smaller version to toss in a purse?

FANTASTIC PADDLE BRUSH! it doesn't split my hair, make it frizzy or full of static, wraps like a dream, and holds up to everything... even dogs!

I really don't know what it is about this brush, I'm not a brush conneisueur - but it is awesome and worth the money. I've had this brush for 5 years now. My stylist told me it was awesome for doing a stick straight blow out (he was right). It's also awesome for just brushing out your hair, getting the tangles out without breaking your hair off. I have two little girls (5 & 3). I use this to brush their hair out when they are being fussy or have major tangles...they even love it (even thought it's bigger than their head). There's just something magic about it.

This brush is magic. I hate every other Aveda product I've tried, but will never part from this and am getting a back up. I have long thick curly (3b) hair that no other brush gets thru without causing me pain and pulling out tons of hair. Yet I love brushing before I wash, because it feels really good on my scalp (probably helping hair grow faster too) and because hair looks sooo much better after I wash and condition. I didn't think it was possible, but this brush glides through effortlessly, hardly takes any time, no pain at all, and I barely lose any hair. Luv it so much!!!

This brush is no better than the paddle brushes you buy at the discount store. Don't know what the fuss is about.

At $17.00, I was not impressed.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools