April 21, 2014 | 979 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Aveda - Large Paddle Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2007 9:39:00 PM More reviews by 1annasroundhere

FANTASTIC PADDLE BRUSH! it doesn't split my hair, make it frizzy or full of static, wraps like a dream, and holds up to everything... even dogs!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2007 10:52:00 AM More reviews by kcarr325

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really don't know what it is about this brush, I'm not a brush conneisueur - but it is awesome and worth the money. I've had this brush for 5 years now. My stylist told me it was awesome for doing a stick straight blow out (he was right). It's also awesome for just brushing out your hair, getting the tangles out without breaking your hair off. I have two little girls (5 & 3). I use this to brush their hair out when they are being fussy or have major tangles...they even love it (even thought it's bigger than their head). There's just something magic about it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2007 12:01:00 PM More reviews by avalonia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This brush is magic. I hate every other Aveda product I've tried, but will never part from this and am getting a back up. I have long thick curly (3b) hair that no other brush gets thru without causing me pain and pulling out tons of hair. Yet I love brushing before I wash, because it feels really good on my scalp (probably helping hair grow faster too) and because hair looks sooo much better after I wash and condition. I didn't think it was possible, but this brush glides through effortlessly, hardly takes any time, no pain at all, and I barely lose any hair. Luv it so much!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/8/2007 5:40:00 PM More reviews by muddlepup

This brush is no better than the paddle brushes you buy at the discount store. Don't know what the fuss is about.

At $17.00, I was not impressed.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2007 11:21:00 PM More reviews by carriespooner

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this brush when it was 12.00 usd! That's how long I've had it. Friends was still 'new' on Must see TV. It was the early 90's this brush did me proud!

I've had the "Rachel", 90210 hair, Melrose Place Hair ,Fly girl Hair, Grunge hair, Bangs, no bangs, long bangs...Stripes, and Chunky highlights. Well.. Thank Goodness I didn't get a Mullet but had I gone that route, this brush would have styled me sexy! I'm just saying....
It's flipping awesome.

I finally retired it after many years of use and dragging it with me everywhere. I used it as the Single Mom Hammer to hang pictures and
squash water bugs. Darn that paddle is big! It remained true and sturdy!

Yes.. it's sad..
I retired it because the little ball things fell off over the years and it started to get a little scratchy.

I'll admit that I almost fell over when I had to pay 12.00 for a hairbrush.
It was worth it. I've broken so many Goody brushes with my thick locks so I probably saved a fortune by buying this one.

I'll probably get another one. Now they offer the brush with purchase so that gives me an excuse to shop! Maybe it will last longer this time, since I now have a husband for the waterbugs and a tool kit for home improvements.

12 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2007 11:52:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

Big surface so you can brush your hair with only a few sweeps. It doesn't glide through real tangles, of course (unless you don't mind tugging at and ripping your hair) but does smooth my hair quickly and efficiently. The bristles are nylon (I think), minus the little balls that you usually see at the tips of most brush bristles. The bristles thus feel a little scratchy against your scalp, but in an oddly pleasant way. It's not quite the same if you go buy a plastic brush and rip off the balls (ouch!) somehow, since this Aveda brush won't ever scratch you in a painful way. I have not used this for blowdrying or styling (I prefer a round brush for that) but I am pleased with this item overall.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2007 3:40:00 PM More reviews by SHADOWSCODE46

I wanted to try wrapping my hair and I knew a good paddle brush would make all the difference. In spite of the $17 price tag, the label states it's a multi purpose brush for detangling and massage so I justified buying it without too much guilt. I DO NOT REGRET IT! I'm never one to go nuts over combs and brushes like I do shampoos and conditioners but this one takes the cake. It's superior at in shower detangling. It glides through my hair much faster then my Denman D200 which I recently bought and thought was the best. I also find that after my hair is completely detangled, the total hair in this brush is significantly less then my Denamn, which I didn't think was possible (although cleaning the hair out of this brush is a little more challenging) In spite of it's size it is LIGHTWEIGHT and super easy to handle. Detangling is primarily what I use this brush for, so with the constant shower use, it does start to show wear on the wood surface even though this brush is only 2 weeks old. But my hair is thick, wavy and almost to my tail bone and I can get it completely detangled it less than a minute. On my dry hair; after a roller set or flat iron, it feels really good on the scalp. I officially love Aveda.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2007 10:09:00 AM More reviews by sweetgirl7

Oh this feels SOOOO good I could brush my hair all day. The feeling of this on my scalp is incredible! I actually used this to comb my wet hair out today and it worked great and felt so good!!! I love this brush!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2007 11:31:00 AM More reviews by catelfinel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

At first I balked at the price 16.50 but have recently decided that if I am to spend money I may as well go for the best quality I can get, because it will last. This is a wonderful hairbrush for medium to long hair. My hair is very thick but this makes light work of it and I checked the brush after - not a single hair had been pulled out which is a real change. The brush is very light and that makes it reasonably transportable despite its size. The bristles feel like a mini head massage and I've become a little addicted to brushing my hair because if it! I will have to see if it lasts as it will have to to justify the price, but I have high hopes.
UPDATE
So I have had this brush for a few months now and while it still works exactly as well as when first bought the wood has chipped a little giving the brush a slightly tarnished look. If you are buying the brush to be functional rather than visually appealing this should not cause concern.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2007 4:07:00 PM More reviews by Weekers

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have had my brush for over 10 years - the same one - and it is still in great shape. None of the bristles have fallen out, and with proper care - washing - it will last another 10 years I suspect! I would def recc this to anybody.