MAC #252 Large Shader Brush

4.5

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is the very first brush I bought from MAC. I have used it for 2 years now and it still does the trick for me. I used it to pack on color for an all over eye lid look. This is actually larger than my lid but I love it anyway. I use my loew-cornell maxine's mop brush for a more defined look but the 252 is much larger and packs on the same amount of color.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have the 252LE, part of a kit from Winter07. I don't care for this brush since it's too large for me. I like smaller brushes.

From my experience if you are looking for basic essential eyeshadow brushes from MAC these are the ones you need:
239 eye shading brush - allover lid color
219 pencil brush - liner (can make thin or thick lines)
272 small angled shader - crease/browbone highlight

This brush is great for quick application. When I have a huge wedding party to do in a short time, this does the job. If I had no other shadow brushes but this one, I could live with that.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

For me, this is the all in one brush. If you are on the go, you could potentially do most of your makeup with this brush. Great for concealer, paints/creme shadow bases, all-over lid colors, the dense bristles make it good for getting color in the crease and all over the browbone. You could also get a dark color on the tips and use it for smoked out lining. So many options! Great brush.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

I love this brush, ive had it for so long i cant even remember maybe 6 or 7 years. and its the eye shadow brush that i use the most. i have maybe 10 and i always reach for this one for all over color and if im in a hurry it even works well for the crease if you use it on an angle. it always distrubutes color evenly and i never need use a second brush to get eyeshadow all over the lid. And beside the mac writing on it that faded away a long time ago the brush is still in perfect shape i just use baby shampoo a couple times a week to clean it or the smashbox brush cleaner in between colors.

It's expensive, but it's worth it. The brush is very soft and smooths on colour beautifully. My make up artist told me that I could use it to apply concealer as well- and it does work well that way too! The quality is simply amazing, I've washed it hundreds of times but not a single hair has fallen out- definitely worth the money.

The 252 is great for doing my lid & brow highlight. It's faster than the 239 because it's bigger & I like that a lot. I've also used it for crease work & to do the V & it works well for that too. I've used this one brush to do my entire eye when I'm in a rush & just by varying how I hold it can really create a nice eye design. Highly recommended!

This is a good, sturdy brush for eyeshadow washes (particularly helpful for packing on the Lustre formula), or for highlighting. It's a nice basic brush, and a good introduction to MAC's brushes if you've not yet been turned on to them.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this brush! I use it EVERYDAY since I bought it a few years ago. I use it for applying my base shadow all over the lid up to the brow bone. I heard it could also be used for applying MAC paints, but I never tried it for that purpose yet. Would repurchase.

My HOLYGRAIL brush!!!!!!!!!!! I use it for concealer everyday. I LOVE IT.
I'm going to buy other brushes same as this one for eyeshadow and paints application.

This brush is a MUST for conealer and creamy products! :]

Popular Makeup Brushes