September 1, 2014 | 1980 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #252 Large Shader Brush

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2008 10:31:00 AM More reviews by pmnixa

I have the 252LE, part of a kit from Winter07. I don't care for this brush since it's too large for me. I like smaller brushes.

From my experience if you are looking for basic essential eyeshadow brushes from MAC these are the ones you need:
239 eye shading brush - allover lid color
219 pencil brush - liner (can make thin or thick lines)
272 small angled shader - crease/browbone highlight

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2008 3:54:00 PM More reviews by Guru4u

This brush is great for quick application. When I have a huge wedding party to do in a short time, this does the job. If I had no other shadow brushes but this one, I could live with that.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2008 9:30:00 PM More reviews by PinkFix

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For me, this is the all in one brush. If you are on the go, you could potentially do most of your makeup with this brush. Great for concealer, paints/creme shadow bases, all-over lid colors, the dense bristles make it good for getting color in the crease and all over the browbone. You could also get a dark color on the tips and use it for smoked out lining. So many options! Great brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2007 12:58:00 AM More reviews by Glitterachi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this brush, ive had it for so long i cant even remember maybe 6 or 7 years. and its the eye shadow brush that i use the most. i have maybe 10 and i always reach for this one for all over color and if im in a hurry it even works well for the crease if you use it on an angle. it always distrubutes color evenly and i never need use a second brush to get eyeshadow all over the lid. And beside the mac writing on it that faded away a long time ago the brush is still in perfect shape i just use baby shampoo a couple times a week to clean it or the smashbox brush cleaner in between colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2007 7:01:00 AM More reviews by hautelyodd

It's expensive, but it's worth it. The brush is very soft and smooths on colour beautifully. My make up artist told me that I could use it to apply concealer as well- and it does work well that way too! The quality is simply amazing, I've washed it hundreds of times but not a single hair has fallen out- definitely worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2007 2:16:00 AM More reviews by doggy

The 252 is great for doing my lid & brow highlight. It's faster than the 239 because it's bigger & I like that a lot. I've also used it for crease work & to do the V & it works well for that too. I've used this one brush to do my entire eye when I'm in a rush & just by varying how I hold it can really create a nice eye design. Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2007 7:15:00 PM More reviews by maliastyle

This is a good, sturdy brush for eyeshadow washes (particularly helpful for packing on the Lustre formula), or for highlighting. It's a nice basic brush, and a good introduction to MAC's brushes if you've not yet been turned on to them.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2007 4:56:00 PM More reviews by msdi2u

I love this brush! I use it EVERYDAY since I bought it a few years ago. I use it for applying my base shadow all over the lid up to the brow bone. I heard it could also be used for applying MAC paints, but I never tried it for that purpose yet. Would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2007 4:27:00 PM More reviews by makeupxmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My HOLYGRAIL brush!!!!!!!!!!! I use it for concealer everyday. I LOVE IT.
I'm going to buy other brushes same as this one for eyeshadow and paints application.

This brush is a MUST for conealer and creamy products! :]

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2006 9:59:00 AM More reviews by buckheadbecky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this brush! Since I love to paint (my face as well as on canvas), I've learned that using the right brush is crucial for achieving certain looks. This brush is excellent for applying eye shadow--either for highlighters or washes. It's really not great for detail, but that's why MAC makes a range of brushes, right? The quality is good and it's helped me get more polished looks.

I received this in a Nordstrom Anniversary Sale pack and ended up buying another full-size version because I loved it so much and used it so often.