August 28, 2014 | 1793 users online

Powder - L'Oreal - True Match Naturale Mineral Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 4/3/2012 8:23:00 PM More reviews by 81Angie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm so dissapointed with this product. When I first used this I applied it over my Loreal infallible liquid foundation. Yuck!!! I have never before seen my face looking so cakey and fake. So after washing my face and only using a primer- (loreal Base magique) this time around I tried again. Results were not much better! This stuff shows up pores where I've never even seen pores, does'nt last, looks very cakey which is quite strange considering how very little amount of powder you use, and highlights all fine lines around eye area aging me about 10 years!!!
Also this powder has no oil control what so ever!!!
I tried this product for about a week to see if there were any other ways to make it work for me but in the end I was just avoiding mirrors as I just cant stand the way it looks on my skin!!!
Wanted to love it, but have to say I hate it!! Major fail Loreal!!! Please bring back True Match Super blendable in my colour!!.....
Also the brush feels terrible and makes your skin fell itchy for about the first hour after applying powder.
About the only upside about this powder is how very little you use, if it works for you it will last a very long time, and so it should as it is not all that cheap.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2012 4:12:00 PM More reviews by chuyan94

Quite good, and feels light on your skin. The only downside is that I kept on spilling this on my outfit, and was very hard to get off!!
Very light, minimal coverage, doesnt cover my acne scars :P
By the end of the day, I felt like the poweder was mixing with the oils on my face so I don't use it a lot, but is a very good foundation.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/18/2012 3:24:00 AM More reviews by MarleyP

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Is foundation is definitely not for those with sensitive skin. I wouldn't have even known my skin was sensitive, but something about this powder just made my skin itch like crazy! The colours were all too orange for my skin tone as well. In addition, this powder didn't even cover anything. Wouldn't recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2012 8:50:00 PM More reviews by dollief

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have very oily skin, and this actually lasts a few hours. The soft ivory color is a perfect match for my Ppp skin. Very fair girls might check this out! great mineral foundation for the price!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2012 6:36:00 AM More reviews by dorabern

I bought this as a friend of mine recommended me who has visible pores like me. She said she used it and it's light and it doesn't build up like other powders, and considering other mineral powders, it really does give the coverage a foundation can provide. However, since I have quite visible pores, when I apply it without any foundation, it makes my pores look bigger and more noticable, I didn't understand why. If you find the right colour it really gives you the airbrush effect, but if you apply it more than once a day, it kind of builds up. I have a t-zone skin so I apply more than once but I take the excess via a tissue. So be careful with the application if you don't want to look cakey. It gives the face a healthy shine, not too much, ideal for daytime. I've been using this with Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation no.54 and I bought a W5 Golden Sand. I have more yellowish skin colour rather than pinkish and it did suit me well. The packaging can get quite messy, if you watch some online videos on youtube, people promoting it, you can see it yourself and they all mention that. It is not travel friendly, and to make room for it in my tiny make up bag, I had to take some stuff out. But I bought Rimmel London's mineral powder and since the brush doesn't fit anywhere I lost it quickly, this one's packaging is good for people like me. I tried to open the lid where the powder comes out but it didn't work, so I don't know if I'll be able to use it all, but its a 10gr package so I believe it's going to last long. I've seen some people mixing two different colours to get the right colour, or to use one for winter and one for summer and mix the both for spring. The price is okay, could've been better but considering the quality, I believe I can give that. I haven't tried another mineral powder other than this and Rimmel London's but I believe it is a good quality powder among drugstore brands. I'd totally buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2012 3:39:00 AM More reviews by l2kiss

I saw an ad on this and it said 9/10 women would recommend their friends to buy this and so I thought I'd give it a try. The powder itself is great. It gives a soft-looking, natural finish yet provides the coverage I want :) It's buildable, does not look cakey and lasts for quite long. Howeverrrr, the brush in the product is sooo hard and prickly hahaha, it hurts my face ): So yeah. Everything is pretty good except for the crap brush it provides.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2012 6:42:00 PM More reviews by ElleElleElle

Gives such a soft marshmallow finish <3

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2012 11:33:00 PM More reviews by MakeupJunkie46

I have been using this foundation for almost a year. It is quite good because it really evens out my skin tone but it doesn't last all day long. I have very acne-prone and oily skin and my dermathologist recommended me this, but I have to re-apply every couple of hours. It is very light, and doesn't make me look cakey at all!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2011 5:31:00 PM More reviews by FrancyE

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I too have had the same one since 2009. However I don't wear foundation on a daily basis. I like to wear this on my eyelids. It's not quite true-match, I think it needs some work, the formula needs t be a little lighter in weight and a tad softer in colour, there is a hint of orange if you apply too much.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2011 5:18:00 PM More reviews by RiskQn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been using this product since 2007. It's a fantastic mineral foundation for the price. At some point they changed the formula and made it a bit heavier. However, it's still a great product. It doesn't break me out, and really evens out my skin tone (which is red, blotchy, and scarred from severe adult acne.) I recently tried to switch to the new loreal serum absolute foundation with retinol and vitamin c. I wasn't too impressed as it did nothing to even out my skin tone as far as coverage and results from the ingredients. I came back to this foundation. No, it may not be the best mineral foundation out there. But for the price, and my tight budget, I will continue to purchase it again and again. (Also got my mother and sister-in-law hooked on this powder. They love it, and it's their HG foundation.)
*update: The loreal liquid foundation has grown on me, and I actually love it, after I continued using it. I take back my above comments on that one.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No