Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 70

3.0

PPD: 9.1 ||| Active Ingredients: Avobenzone (3.0%), Homosalate (15.0%), Octisalate (5.0%), Octocrylene (2.8%), Oxybenzone (6.0%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Styrene Acrylate Copolymer, Silica, Diethylhexyl 2,6 Naphthalate, Beeswax, Caprylyl Methicone, Cetyl Dimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, BHT, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Sodium Polyacrylate, Acrylates C12 22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Ethylhexyl Stearate, Xanthan Gum, Trideceth 6, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Disodium EDTA, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide, Methylisothiazolinone, Fragrance, 9.1

on 3/13/2010 11:58:00 PM

I liked the Dry Touch SPF 45, evn though it did settle into any fine lines. I found this SPF 70 at Costco and bought it because it was a good deal, thinking it would feel the same on as the SPF 45. Was I wrong. I find this greasy (don't know why others don't) and it makes my makeup slide right off. I'll just use it on my chest. Needless to say, my huge purchase from Costco will be lasting a very long time!

on 2/22/2010 12:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I got a sample of this when I bought the Cooling Touch Sunscreen, which is my favorite body sunscreen. I used both sunscreens on a vacation at a beach resort near the equator, so the sun was super bright and hot. I did not get burned at all. I used the sheer touch on my face, and I liked it very much. I like the high spf, and it didn't make me break out even though I re-applied often throughout the day. I usually buy an expensive sunscreen that I can only get overseas, but the helioplex in Neutrogena's sunscreens works great so I will switch, since it's cheaper and easier to get.

p.s. I think people are reviewing other formulations here -- the sheer dry-touch is a thin liquid and not at all greasy or gloppy or gluey. In fact, in winter, it's a little too drying for me.

on 1/7/2010 8:24:00 AM

Well...actually, I bought the spf 85+ (they were the same price so naturally I bought the higher spf). Quite expensive, considering that it's around $20 for just 88ml and because of that I save it for my face against break-outs. Pretty good, works well. Yeah, it is quite gunky and hard to smooth out but it's worth it for the spf. Plus, it stays on quite well, waterproof and so far, sweatproof. And it absorbs fast (well, not really but you don't feel oily and greasy either and those were the main things which put me off putting sunscreen on my face, that and break-outs). I got seriously tanned lately but with this I'm slowly getting lighter. And the best thing? NO BREAK-OUTS or stickiness!!! The worst things about waterproof/water-resistant sunscreen/block GONE!!! I still use normal spray sunblock on the rest of my body though because this stuff is too expensive and also because it's hard to put on without streaks (takes ages). I'll keep on buying this though.
Oh yeah and once it's rubbed in and absorbed it looks just like the rest of your skin, no stupid tell-tale shine. I'm always scared I missed a spot because of this.

on 11/10/2009 1:57:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I just purchased my second tube of this. When I first bought this sunscreen, it was the highest SPF I could find at the time. I think now Neutrogena makes SPF 100+ sunscreen. Insanity! I considered trying it, but 70 is probably sufficient for everyday use. Because of various medications I must take relating to my recent kidney transplant (be an organ donor!), I must wear sun protection every day. Every other sunscreen I've tried either smells horrid or leaves me feeling extremely greasy. This product doesn't even feel like a sunscreen! As a result, I've actually worn it every day since I purchased it. Since I don't actually need SPF 70 on my face at all times, I often mix this with another facial moisturizer that I love, but lacks SPF (right now I love Boots Original Formula Rose Vanishing Day Cream). I've never broken out from this product and I do have somewhat sensitive skin. It seems that those who have a lot of trouble with this product may be allergic to it.

on 11/5/2009 3:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This was the worst sunscreen I have ever used. I am assuming this is just me and I happen to be allergic to something in this sunscreen but it made me break out in what can only be described as tiny pimples literally all over my face. This happened within an hour of putting it on. That being said this did just fine on my arms and legs. However there are better sunscreens out there that are cheaper if I am just looking for a body sunscreen. Such as the Coppertone Oil Free sunscreens. (I would not use those on my face though)

EDIT 6-21-11

I have discovered that I am in fact very sensitive to chemical sunscreens and the higher the SPF, the more concentrated the chemicals, the worse my reaction. If you do not have that problem you may very well love this sunscreen. It has a lovely texture that is not shiny or greasy. It works very well for my boyfriend who has slightly oily skin that is not sensitive.

on 10/15/2009 12:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

loved it for the body, hated it for the face.

it claims to be non-comedogenic so i used it on my face and ended up with horrible blackheads and a bad breakout. it was good for the body though, leaving only a slight sticky feel after that. but then again, i'm pretty sensitive to cream-based sunscreens, i usually cannot stand the feel and only use japanese water-based ones. still, a good buy, just dont try it on your face.

on 10/15/2009 6:09:00 AM

oil free and seriously dry-touch!
i love this especially the high SPF. It is even suitable for the face.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

The Neutrognea Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Sunblock is the best sunblock out there!!

The good thing about this sunblock is that after you apply this it doesn't even feel like your wearing sunblock. Another good thing about this is that it's very lightweight and it won't clog your pores. (:

The only downside is that if you don't blend the sunscreen well you end up with white marks all over your skin.

This stuff stinks. Not literally. I was in need of face UVA and UVB protection for sports. It made my skin look so greasy. Without it, my skin is pretty much just dry skin. I would not use it on the face area, because it broke me out. To top it all off, the packaging is kindof bad. The ink smudges and scratches off. Now, I use it on the body when I go to the beach... sometimes, still my face. No matter how much I seemed to rub, it just continued to streak. :( Don't get this unless you take sports and have unsensitive, light- colored skin that sunblock streaks will now show up on.

on 9/3/2009 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this thinking it would be the same as a lower SPF version I had of this a couple years ago (which I loved). It isn't the same. This does have a matte finish and is quite waterproof once you rub it in. However, texture is sticky, it leaves a white cast, and unfortunately, it broke me out after 2 days of use. This may be due to my not washing it off properly afterwards - it is as mentioned very waterproof - who knows, but the fact remains I still broke out. I may buy again, but only for areas of my body where I want a super high SPF, such as my hands and chest.