October 20, 2014 | 1952 users online

Sunscreen - Neutrogena - Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 70

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2010 8:24:00 AM More reviews by TearsofJoy

Well...actually, I bought the spf 85+ (they were the same price so naturally I bought the higher spf). Quite expensive, considering that it's around $20 for just 88ml and because of that I save it for my face against break-outs. Pretty good, works well. Yeah, it is quite gunky and hard to smooth out but it's worth it for the spf. Plus, it stays on quite well, waterproof and so far, sweatproof. And it absorbs fast (well, not really but you don't feel oily and greasy either and those were the main things which put me off putting sunscreen on my face, that and break-outs). I got seriously tanned lately but with this I'm slowly getting lighter. And the best thing? NO BREAK-OUTS or stickiness!!! The worst things about waterproof/water-resistant sunscreen/block GONE!!! I still use normal spray sunblock on the rest of my body though because this stuff is too expensive and also because it's hard to put on without streaks (takes ages). I'll keep on buying this though.
Oh yeah and once it's rubbed in and absorbed it looks just like the rest of your skin, no stupid tell-tale shine. I'm always scared I missed a spot because of this.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2009 1:57:00 AM More reviews by devilbunnies

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I just purchased my second tube of this. When I first bought this sunscreen, it was the highest SPF I could find at the time. I think now Neutrogena makes SPF 100+ sunscreen. Insanity! I considered trying it, but 70 is probably sufficient for everyday use. Because of various medications I must take relating to my recent kidney transplant (be an organ donor!), I must wear sun protection every day. Every other sunscreen I've tried either smells horrid or leaves me feeling extremely greasy. This product doesn't even feel like a sunscreen! As a result, I've actually worn it every day since I purchased it. Since I don't actually need SPF 70 on my face at all times, I often mix this with another facial moisturizer that I love, but lacks SPF (right now I love Boots Original Formula Rose Vanishing Day Cream). I've never broken out from this product and I do have somewhat sensitive skin. It seems that those who have a lot of trouble with this product may be allergic to it.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/5/2009 3:34:00 AM More reviews by Zlizzdlizz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This was the worst sunscreen I have ever used. I am assuming this is just me and I happen to be allergic to something in this sunscreen but it made me break out in what can only be described as tiny pimples literally all over my face. This happened within an hour of putting it on. That being said this did just fine on my arms and legs. However there are better sunscreens out there that are cheaper if I am just looking for a body sunscreen. Such as the Coppertone Oil Free sunscreens. (I would not use those on my face though)

EDIT 6-21-11

I have discovered that I am in fact very sensitive to chemical sunscreens and the higher the SPF, the more concentrated the chemicals, the worse my reaction. If you do not have that problem you may very well love this sunscreen. It has a lovely texture that is not shiny or greasy. It works very well for my boyfriend who has slightly oily skin that is not sensitive.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/15/2009 12:47:00 PM More reviews by windshadow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

loved it for the body, hated it for the face.

it claims to be non-comedogenic so i used it on my face and ended up with horrible blackheads and a bad breakout. it was good for the body though, leaving only a slight sticky feel after that. but then again, i'm pretty sensitive to cream-based sunscreens, i usually cannot stand the feel and only use japanese water-based ones. still, a good buy, just dont try it on your face.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2009 6:09:00 AM More reviews by Sweettraumen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

oil free and seriously dry-touch!
i love this especially the high SPF. It is even suitable for the face.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2009 6:46:00 PM More reviews by SiLeNtLvEdREAMER

The Neutrognea Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Sunblock is the best sunblock out there!!

The good thing about this sunblock is that after you apply this it doesn't even feel like your wearing sunblock. Another good thing about this is that it's very lightweight and it won't clog your pores. (:

The only downside is that if you don't blend the sunscreen well you end up with white marks all over your skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/12/2009 9:31:00 PM More reviews by tailessmermaid

This stuff stinks. Not literally. I was in need of face UVA and UVB protection for sports. It made my skin look so greasy. Without it, my skin is pretty much just dry skin. I would not use it on the face area, because it broke me out. To top it all off, the packaging is kindof bad. The ink smudges and scratches off. Now, I use it on the body when I go to the beach... sometimes, still my face. No matter how much I seemed to rub, it just continued to streak. :( Don't get this unless you take sports and have unsensitive, light- colored skin that sunblock streaks will now show up on.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/3/2009 3:07:00 PM More reviews by cmitakis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this thinking it would be the same as a lower SPF version I had of this a couple years ago (which I loved). It isn't the same. This does have a matte finish and is quite waterproof once you rub it in. However, texture is sticky, it leaves a white cast, and unfortunately, it broke me out after 2 days of use. This may be due to my not washing it off properly afterwards - it is as mentioned very waterproof - who knows, but the fact remains I still broke out. I may buy again, but only for areas of my body where I want a super high SPF, such as my hands and chest.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/3/2009 12:25:00 AM More reviews by RGup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

One of my first sunscreens because it was easily and cheaply available at Costco for a reasonable price. I thought that since it was brand name, it would be good for me. I have since learned that its the ingredient list that I should look at, not the brand. This sunscreen is a petrolatum-derived cocktail of ingredients. It made me break out, and always left a white screen on my face, no matter how hard I rubbed it in. It only has avobenzone as a uva blocker, and only in 3%, the same as its formulation in 45, 60, 85, and 90+. The rest block uvb, which are not nearly as harmful for your skin as uva. I would only recommend this product to a name-brand junkie as an alternative to nothing at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2009 3:38:00 AM More reviews by veevixxen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have mixed feelings about this sunscreen.

PROS: It is dry to the touch, which is a huge plus, as I really dislike the sunscreens that leave you feeling greasy after applying it. The scent is light and disappears after a few minutes. I reserve this sunscreen for my using only on my body. On the occasion when I am out in the sun hiking, I will use it on my face and it has never made me break out at all.

CONS: The titanium dioxide does leave a white streak or cast if you do not spread the product around enough. I am medium skin toned and it shows up on my skin. You have to make sure that you do apply it evenly. And if you apply it on your face, you have to spread it around on your face rather aggressively. It is not a product that goes on gently. It will also leave strange residue on your face, as well. I suspect that it does not mix well with some of my other skin products.