Clinique Sheer City Block SPF 25

3.8

Ingredients: Active: Titanium Dioxide (7.3%), Zinc Oxide (6.9%), Other: Water, Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Butylene Glycol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Steareth-2, Stearyl Heptanoate, Aluminum Stearate, Silica, Lecithin, Gentiana Lutea (Gentian) Root Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, Betula Alba (Birch) Bark Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Saccharomyces Lysate Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sorbitan Tristearate, Linoleic Acid, Polyquaternium-51, Caprylyl Methicone, Sorbitol, Sodium Rna, Phospholipids, Peg-40 Stearate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Phytantriol, Stearic Acid, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Cellulose, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Stearyl Dimethicone, Ascorbyl Tocopheryl Maleate, Nordihydroguaiaretic Acid, Linolenic Acid, Pantethine, Bisabolol, Hydroxyethyl Urea, Ceteth-2, Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-6 Polyricinoleate, Steareth-20, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Propylene Glycol Dicaprate, Sodium Stearate, Nylon-12, Citric Acid, Nylon-6, Hexylene Glycol, Xanthan Gum, Disodium Edta, Bht, Phenoxyethanol, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

on 1/28/2013 5:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm so mixed about this product. It glides on smoothly, blends well, makes pore look almost invisible, doesn't have that thick white cast that zinc oxide and titanium dioxide-based products have, and it doesn't break me out or irritate my sensitive skin.

However, when it dries, it leave my normal skin feeling SO dry and tight -- especially around my eyes, which are tight to the point of burning. I've tried adding a couple drops of jojoba oil to it, but it only helps a little. I wish Clinique would make a non-matte version of this for those with dry skin or for normal skin during the winter. And I wish they'd make the light yellow tint a little darker.

on 10/13/2012 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

The Clinique sales person recommended this product when I told her I wanted to add a sunscreen to my skincare routine without switching moisturizers. This layers over my Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion seemlessly leaving a dewy finish that isn't oily or sticky. The light tint provides a slight glow on days when I don't want to bother with foundation. However, this is light enough to layer under foundation when I want more coverage. I only wish you got more product for your money. However, I've wasted loads of money on cheaper products that didn't perform. So I guess you get what you pay for.

on 10/10/2012 11:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

The BEST sunscreen you can get for your face! Love how it doubles as a printer and how it it's lightly tinted so it does not white out your face like other sunscreens! I also love the fact that it it's oil free and never breaks me out! Leaves my skin soft and glowing.

on 10/10/2012 8:38:00 AM

I find it odd that this product is listed as a primer/corrector. I think of it as a moisturizer with SPF. I love the broad spectrum, physical sunscreen, and this is one of the very few daytime physical sunscreens with antioxidants that doesn't turn greasy on me. I wish it was untinted, but then again, it leaves no white cast as other physical sunscreens do. Includes a substantial list of skin-beneficial ingredients. Also, I like the smell. It doesn't smell like sunscreen at all. It smells like Clinique skincare.

on 10/9/2012 10:59:00 PM

I love this product as a primer and best of all is the high sun protection factor. I have enlarged pores with combination skin and as it can sit on my pores and cause a bit of flakiness, I have learned to let it "rest" on my skin for awhile before I apply makeup.
I still like to research and try out other brands but I always seem to go back to this one as its the best Ive used out of all the products I have tried.
My only gripe is that the tube doesnt last long enough so at the price that it is, its a bit exxy if like me, you use it everyday.

on 10/8/2012 3:06:00 PM

My skin's become really sensitive the past couple years, probably from years of being a skincare junkie and using too many aggressive products. For the past two years, I've been looking for a great tinted moisturizer with non-chemical spf. I tried Jane Iredale, Aveda, Tarte and Too Faced's tinted moisturizers with mediocre results and moved onto this.

The pros: Contains titanium dioxide and zinc oxide, is antioxidant-rich, and has a built-in primer which leaves skin looking smooth and poreless.

The cons: It's very drying for normal and dry skin. After 15 minutes on, my face is unbearably tight and chalky -- in the hot, humid summer nonetheless. I've also noticed that my eyes become really watery and tight too. I tried adding a couple drops of jojoba oil to it, but it didn't help.

on 10/6/2012 10:37:00 PM

At first I had problems applying this sunblock. Once I applied it to wet skin, right after shower, it worked as magic. It doesn't like to be layered with other products. When I feel oily I put some powder on top. It stays all day. If my skin is dry-ish I use something else.
I found good alternative, it is more expensive but works great too - Up the Anti SPF 30.

on 10/6/2012 9:53:00 PM

I like that this is an all physical sunscreen (since that's all I can wear).
I like that it has antioxidants and no fragrance. I like that I didn't get tanned all summer using it. I'm just finishing the tube which lasted all summer.....
........but I don't like it.
It's too heavy, thick, and makes my pores look larger. And yes....this is the Sheer City Block. It also leaves this strange cast to my face like a pearlessence. It doesn't look healthy.To be fair, I have been using physical sunscreen for years, and most are like this, it just sits on top of your skin. This one just felt heavier. I'll go back to my trusted Trader Joe's Enrich SPF15. I thought I would try something different, but Traders Joe's at $4.50 may be basic, but its light, effective, and doesn't make you look ill.

on 8/2/2012 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Too greasy for me :( And it was hard to apply as well...

on 6/29/2012 12:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Most sun screens for the face break me out, but this never has. It has antioxidants in it to help deflect free-radical damage ( the opaque packaging keeps them from degrading too), and it works as both my morning moisturizer and spf.
It absorbs well and doesn't give me a rash or make my sensitive skin act up. It's pricey for being only 1.4 oz of product, but it works so well it's worth it to me.