OPI OPI Ink

4.3

on 5/8/2009 4:06:00 PM

Overall it looks dark with purple shimmer and sheen.
The polish is black base with purple sheen and glitter in it. First coat looks streaky and very sheer, but second covers all that, third makes it perfect. The color is deep and beautiful. A little more purple than the picture.
I love the pro wide brush, covers most nails in two strokes and thumb in three. Dries decently fast, but I don't really care about that since I use SV.
I don't know if it's because of this polish's formula, base/top coat, or the number of coats I have on (1 base coat, 3 Ink, 1 SV, 1 base coat, konad, top coat, glitter, and 1 more top coat) but this manicure has been lasting for 5 days in almost perfect shape for me.

on 4/13/2009 7:09:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the OPI I get the most positive comments about when I wear it.
Looks quite subtle indoors but I love the fact that when you get it outdoors or under artificial light it really zings. In fact, I cannot praise the colour or the flashes of glitter highly enough.
The Night Brights is my favourite OPI collection and have already bought backups of all the colours as knowing my luck it would be discontinued.
Only gripe about this one is the application - it is soo thick and gloopy and I have to be really careful not to dent it - as a result it takes longer than the average OPI to dry. I'm sure this can be sorted out with a drop of thinner - will try this before my next use as at the moment it feels like a bit of a mission to use it. All worth it for the amazing end result though!

on 4/3/2009 3:12:00 AM

I picked up OPI Ink just because Ulta had a buy one, get one half-off promo and nothing else struck my fancy; in the store, it looked very similar to Pikes Peekaboo Purple. It's much better! It's a fabulous, deep blue-violet without a hint of red - true violets are so difficult to find. It's shot through with tons of blue and fuschia shimmer and it's absolutely gorgeous in sunlight. I'm going to purchase a back-up this weekend, and I never purchase NP backups.

I was given this as a Christmas gift and I am so glad, it is one of my Top 20 polishes!

Ink is a navy blue with purple, making it an in between 'blurple'. It has chunky bits of shimmer that shine blue/purple/pink/gold/orange.

I really hope OPI doesn't choose to discontinue this unique polish.

Night Brights collection

on 3/9/2009 6:38:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

This was my first OPI polish and i love it! I don't know why it has taken me this long to review it! Others have described the colour better than i can, to me it is the colour of blue ink. It has subtle yet beautiful sparkle that looks so good. When im wearing it i can't help but look at my nails!

on 3/5/2009 10:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

holy mother of god this color is gorgeous!! It looks exactly the same as the ink that pours out of an exploded blue ball point pen which is my favorite blue/purple/metallic in the world.

enough said, it's the love!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I don't know what the heck took me so long to try this polish. I've had it for about a year and finally decided to try it out on one of those days that I was really undecided about what to wear. I am so glad I did! Ink is just amazing. On me it's more purple than blue but the shimmer in it is blue, purple and even pink! I love that this doesn't look black indoors like a lot of vamps. It's so obviously sparkly purple indoors! I also love the pro-wide brush it comes with. It makes application a breeze! Overall I give this color a A++!!! It's so unique!

on 1/30/2009 2:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Now I know what all the fuss is about. This is a gorgeous 'blurple' with microshimmer that seems to flip between royal blue and pink. It almost has a metallic glow to it, and like others mention, it never looks black. Definitely amoung my fave deep blue shimmers.

When I bought this color, Ink, I also bought OPI's Russian Navy, and then only a week before I had also bought "Light My Saffire" and "Eiffel for This Color". I started to panic, thinking that perhaps I had simply bought the very same colors with just slight variances.
But, I love love LOVE Ink. With 3 coats, the color really just glows. It is a deep purple, with purple and magenta shimmer in it. It is also a dream to apply. (Unlike "Brand New Skates, which is a nightmare.)
I would definitely buy this again. I'm on day 4, with a a bit of tip wear, and one teensy weesy little chip on the thumb. Highly recommended.

on 1/2/2009 8:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

** Click for pic ** >>
This is such a beautiful deep blue that flashes purple depending on the lighting. Ink has gorgeous fine pink, purple and blue glitter that looks stunning in the sunlight. I adore this colour so much; I'd give this more than five lippies if I could! This is an absolute must have for me; it's rich, glowy and just plain stunning. I love how it never looks black in dim lighting, yet still manages to be a deeper toned, classy looking blurple. My bottle was on the thin side (rather than the thick as a lot seem to be having trouble with), so it was easy to get nice application. The first coat went on a little streaky, the colour a blackened navy with glitter. The second smoothed everything out and provided flawless coverage and colour. I adore deep blues and purples, so when you combine these two colours and add gorgeous glitter for depth, I'm sure to pick this up!
continued >>