April 17, 2014 | 1041 users online

Powder - Milani - Minerals Compact Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2009 3:37:00 PM More reviews by kiki_mari

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This powder foundation covers about as well as Revlon Colorstay liquid for around $4 less. Honey Beige is just yellow enough for me, and I can layer over my face with a brush for medium coverage and use the sponge to spot cover certain areas. I'm not certain about wear during the day, but I love that Milani provides a mirror in all their compacts so you can touch up wherever.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2009 11:28:00 PM More reviews by Plagueofhamsters

I love this! It makes my skin look absolutely smooth and evens out my skin tone in a flash! It might need a little touch up every once in a while, but I love it. I just wish they offered more shades. I just run a little light for the lightest shade, so, if I try to touch up in the day, it's too dark.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2009 3:17:00 PM More reviews by Lizzylu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this in Creamy Natural and all I can say is WOW! This matches my skintone EXACTLY!! When I put it on I thought " what is this translucent?" but when I took a closer look it's because it looks exactly the same color as my skin tone. Besides that, it's so smooth looking and covers well. Does not cake up or settle into fine lines or deeper lines. I was worried about that because my skin is fairly dry. I even used this over a my loose mineral foundation and still didn't look or feel too dry. This was an impulse buy for me and I really got lucky.I'm really impressed with this product. I would definately rec. this. I'm looking forward to trying some other prod by Milani.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2009 8:32:00 PM More reviews by faroreswind

I love this compact. The coverage is light to medium, and is great for toughing up my foundation in the middle of the day, and is also good for when I just roll out of bed and need an even skin tone. There is a nice large mirror and compartment for the sponge. I took off one lippie because I don't normally use it as a foundation, just for touch ups and for on-the-go coverage (it just doesn't have the same oomph as other foundations.) Overall, a great product that's worth a try.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/6/2009 3:34:00 PM More reviews by Floridaisa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Good coverage. Nice creamy, smooth, silky feel. Didn't break me out or irritate me. Did leave me a little oily and it's not very long lasting. Kind of needed a touch up after a couple of hours.
But it's good when you're in rush. The compact has a separate compartment for the sponge, which is good. Sometimes when I need more coverage I use it over my regular foundation.
I've repurchased a couple of times.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2009 2:41:00 PM More reviews by MsVengeance

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This one has a nice matte finish, so if you're a shine nazi but you want to try minerals check out this one. I really like that this is a pressed powder instead of loose, and it really does give great coverage---for mineral make-up... Basically i've learned the only way to get decent coverage from mineral make-up is i either have to pile it on or wear it on top of my regular make-up; this one was no exception to that rule. But again, for a mineral make-up it DID give decent coverage, and i thought it was easy to blend with my other make-up (unlike Everyday Minerals). Makes a good "setting powder", esp. if you're into the matte look. I'd perfer a "dewier" look but i'd buy it again because it matches my yellow toned skin and doesn't break me out....also it's pretty cheap ($8).
Just in case you're wondering (i know i was)----Ingredients: Mica - Cl 77019 , Ethylhexyl Palmitate , Squalane , Zinc Stearate , Silica , Isopropyl Isostearate , Magnesium Stearate , Magnesium Myristate , Boron Nitride , Lauroyl Lysine , Kaolin , Sodium Dehydroacetate , Methylparaben , Retinyl Palmitate , Propylparaben , Tocopheryl Acetate , Butylparaben , Ascorbyl Palmitate , Titanium Dioxide - Cl 77891 , Iron Oxides - Cl 77491 - 77492 - 77499 , Ultramarines - Cl 77007 - May Contain , Bismuth Oxychloride - Cl 77163 - May Contain , Carmine - Cl 75470 - May Contain , Manganese Violet - Cl 77742
I recently tried a mmu that gave me an angry red welt within minutes of application, so guess i can be sensitive to bismuth, however this powder didnt irritate my skin at all, maybe because it it's not the main ingredient or something.
Update: whoops, apparently i spoke too soon... Started developing little red bumps of irritation from this so i had to stop. (My skin seems to hate powder in general though, so dont let it stop you.)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2008 10:52:00 AM More reviews by alziebaba

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've only used this product once, but I loved the results! It made my fair, oily, blackhead-prone skin look like porcelain, though I had to apply with kind of a heavy hand to get the coverage I personally needed. It was great to find a talc-free mineral foundation that didn't look orange, dusty, or ghostly, was virtually mess-free, and was only seven bucks! I have been cured of the urge to ever buy a huge messy mineral package as long as I have this stuff.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2008 2:57:00 AM More reviews by Missy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

DARN IT!!!!! After reading the good reviews on this, I went to my local CVS and was thrilled to see a small Milani section. I purchased the lightest shade of this and a few other things that I'll review after I test them out for a while. I'm so disappointed to say that this was too dark for me. I'm a slightly warm-toned MAC NC20, BB Warm Ivory, Everyday Mineral Sandy Fair (in the beige category) and I usually have to purchase the lightest shade available in most lines and pray that it's not too yellow, pink or dark. This was a bit too yellow and a tad too dark for me, so if you have coloring similar to mine, I hate to be the bearer of bad news. This won't work for us true PPP gals. =( The formula did seem very nice. I wore it around for most of the day and it didn't turn me into a greaseball as most mineral makeups do! Even as I write this, my face is still nice and matte, just more yellow than normal. LOL If Milani ever comes out with a new, lighter shade, I will be first in line to snatch one up! =)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2008 12:34:00 PM More reviews by rainbodragon

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i liked this ok, but i dont get where others are saying this is a heavy coverage. CG simply powder foundation has much better coverage than this does, and better oil control. its a decent no frills powder foundation, but i wont bother to buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2008 10:45:00 AM More reviews by Kathy123

I am really pleased with this makeup. What made me buy this was the Honey Beige color which is exactly my shade. I used to use Neutrogena Mineral Pressed Powder in Honey but it was a bit orange. This, on the other hand, is a great shade of gold as the way that I always wanted it. None of the minerals out there produce this shade. Apart from the shade, the minerals are of good quality because they do not cause itching or irritation to my skin. They look very natural and stay on for a long time. I use Cosmedicine Medi-Matte under this makeup and it lasts the whole day.