April 17, 2014 | 1970 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #129 Powder/Blush Brush

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2011 2:26:00 PM More reviews by aresbabe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I just got this brush as I began to invest in high end blushes and figured a good brush is essential. This brush does make blush look flawless. Better than my Kirkland Costco brush but it sheds! I hope it will stop but so far has been shedding after every application. I've used it about 5 times so far so I will see.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2011 10:01:00 PM More reviews by klindsay8137

love it!!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/6/2011 6:05:00 AM More reviews by BeautifullyNatural25

I've been using this brush as a blush brush for about over a month now. price really isn't an issue for me as i'll always be able to splurge on high quality brushes. The BIG issue i do have with this brush is the shedding. I know a alot of people have the same problem too and also it feels really rough on my sensitive skin. Some might say i got a bad item or brush but i disagree because if i owned 1 or 2 of this brush and got it from the same department store i might have believed that but i own 6 mac 129's and they are all from different stores (2 from bloomingdales,2 from nordstrom,2 from MAC store) and they all shed... i'd say at least 6 hairs each the first times i used it, and i'm pretty sure its not how i take care of them because 5/6 brushes i havent washed it, but the one i did wash turned my shampoo black from the dyed black bristles and i found it kinda gross.. overall i wouldnt buy this brush ever again (6 is plenty)& i already regret it but however i am in search of a greater more realiable and superior blush brush.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/27/2011 1:18:00 PM More reviews by ilovelagerfeld

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have the 129SE which came in a set of brushes in a black evening clutch with dangling beaded trim. I almost never wore makeup back then and the set was a way for me to get the right tools in a small, efficient set. None of the brushes are horrible, but they are supposed to be awesome... aren't they?? This brush does shed A TON which I wouldn't expect after paying so much, even for a smaller version in a set. I actually just took my brush out and lightly brushed it on a damp paper towel to get the powder off from last night and there are hairs of various lengths EVERYWHERE! I never noticed how much it sheds till now.

I am looking for a rigid slanted EL brush and ELF is where I'm ordering mine. At least if it doesn't work and I get a SIGMA I only risked a couple of dollars on it. I would never pay for another MAC brush when there are great alternatives. This low-quality, overpriced product is another ding against their reputation IMO. Yeah I have a few products I absolutely love, but there are a lot of misses for a brand that people get super worked up about. The brand and many of its employees are super snobby for no reason. MUFE is starting to trump them around my 'hood now that they opened at sephora.. watch out MAC.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2011 3:46:00 AM More reviews by sadorange

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I tried to like this blush but no avail. The bristles are soft, but yet once they hit the skin, they are a little scratchy (nothing too big though). This brush sheds A LOT... I've had it for over a year, and I'm still picking hairs off my face and sheds while I wash it. However, this brush diffuses blush nicely. If you want a blush brush, opt for the Bobbi Brown one. They're both goat hair but the bristles in the Bobbi Brown brush is very luxurious.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/17/2011 9:48:00 AM More reviews by ilorietta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this brush for powder (116 for blush). Not too soft and it sheds a little. I wouldn't buy it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/7/2011 10:22:00 PM More reviews by pemily

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My brush will not stop shedding, it is ridiculous, the Mac lady said to wash with shampoo and condit. as it is due to a build up, still sheds!!!!! even when i was washing it.
makes my face look like it has black hairs on it yuck!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2010 6:14:00 AM More reviews by fudgebrownie19

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Love this brush. Makes my NARS Orgasm blush look airbrushed. Super soft bristles and minimal shedding when washed with baby shampoo or MAC's brush cleanser. LOVE LOVE LOVE. Would rebuy if I had to but can't imagine that happening for hte next 2-3 years because the brush is just that good :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2010 4:51:00 AM More reviews by colfaxt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My HG staple, I use it everyday. Had it for 5 years still looks new, didnt even have to nail polish the #'s Bristles are still as new, and I clean it in Mac brush cleaner. I like the longer full version, looks better.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2010 2:18:00 PM More reviews by franklyscarlet

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I got this in exchange for the 130 which I hated.This is a bigger version of the 116 which I love and I used this for powder and bronzer.Its not as soft as some of the other MAC brushes but I quite like that because it picks up more product.I love the long sleek handles of MAC brushes,very posh.Would buy again.