September 17, 2014 | 1927 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #129 Powder/Blush Brush

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2011 5:44:00 PM More reviews by Eeeeelicia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't understand why I keep trying with this brush, I really don't. I was actually quite surprised when I saw that it had such a high overall rating. My reason for the dislike? The SHEDDING! It sheds like crazy when I wash it, and it sheds again like crazy when I apply my blush. I don't rip out the fibers or anything when I wash my brushes, and when I apply blush I'm very careful and always use a light hand. So why do I end up with so many annoying brush hairs all over my cheeks?

rated 3 of 5 on 4/1/2011 7:42:00 PM More reviews by Nicole47

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Hello, So before I purchased this brush I got one of this years MAC Christmas brush bags with mini versions of there brushes, one of them was a mini 129. Because of my lack of a good blush brush I used my mini 129 on a daily basis and I sadly wasn't very impressed with it, it continually shed and was somewhat stiff. So I went to MAC the other day to buy a new blush brush that wasn't miniature and was roped into buying the large version of this brush. So I bought it and came home and found out that this one also sheds and is stiff. The night I bought it I washed the little one though in Johnson's baby shampoo and it came out super soft, flexible and shedded way less. So I am going to wash my big one tonight in hopes that the same thing will happen. Was it worth it? I have yet to know.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2011 2:26:00 PM More reviews by aresbabe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I just got this brush as I began to invest in high end blushes and figured a good brush is essential. This brush does make blush look flawless. Better than my Kirkland Costco brush but it sheds! I hope it will stop but so far has been shedding after every application. I've used it about 5 times so far so I will see.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2011 10:01:00 PM More reviews by klindsay8137

love it!!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/6/2011 6:05:00 AM More reviews by BeautifullyNatural25

I've been using this brush as a blush brush for about over a month now. price really isn't an issue for me as i'll always be able to splurge on high quality brushes. The BIG issue i do have with this brush is the shedding. I know a alot of people have the same problem too and also it feels really rough on my sensitive skin. Some might say i got a bad item or brush but i disagree because if i owned 1 or 2 of this brush and got it from the same department store i might have believed that but i own 6 mac 129's and they are all from different stores (2 from bloomingdales,2 from nordstrom,2 from MAC store) and they all shed... i'd say at least 6 hairs each the first times i used it, and i'm pretty sure its not how i take care of them because 5/6 brushes i havent washed it, but the one i did wash turned my shampoo black from the dyed black bristles and i found it kinda gross.. overall i wouldnt buy this brush ever again (6 is plenty)& i already regret it but however i am in search of a greater more realiable and superior blush brush.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/27/2011 1:18:00 PM More reviews by ilovelagerfeld

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have the 129SE which came in a set of brushes in a black evening clutch with dangling beaded trim. I almost never wore makeup back then and the set was a way for me to get the right tools in a small, efficient set. None of the brushes are horrible, but they are supposed to be awesome... aren't they?? This brush does shed A TON which I wouldn't expect after paying so much, even for a smaller version in a set. I actually just took my brush out and lightly brushed it on a damp paper towel to get the powder off from last night and there are hairs of various lengths EVERYWHERE! I never noticed how much it sheds till now.

I am looking for a rigid slanted EL brush and ELF is where I'm ordering mine. At least if it doesn't work and I get a SIGMA I only risked a couple of dollars on it. I would never pay for another MAC brush when there are great alternatives. This low-quality, overpriced product is another ding against their reputation IMO. Yeah I have a few products I absolutely love, but there are a lot of misses for a brand that people get super worked up about. The brand and many of its employees are super snobby for no reason. MUFE is starting to trump them around my 'hood now that they opened at sephora.. watch out MAC.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2011 3:46:00 AM More reviews by sadorange

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I tried to like this blush but no avail. The bristles are soft, but yet once they hit the skin, they are a little scratchy (nothing too big though). This brush sheds A LOT... I've had it for over a year, and I'm still picking hairs off my face and sheds while I wash it. However, this brush diffuses blush nicely. If you want a blush brush, opt for the Bobbi Brown one. They're both goat hair but the bristles in the Bobbi Brown brush is very luxurious.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/17/2011 9:48:00 AM More reviews by ilorietta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this brush for powder (116 for blush). Not too soft and it sheds a little. I wouldn't buy it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/7/2011 10:22:00 PM More reviews by pemily

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My brush will not stop shedding, it is ridiculous, the Mac lady said to wash with shampoo and condit. as it is due to a build up, still sheds!!!!! even when i was washing it.
makes my face look like it has black hairs on it yuck!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2010 6:14:00 AM More reviews by fudgebrownie19

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Love this brush. Makes my NARS Orgasm blush look airbrushed. Super soft bristles and minimal shedding when washed with baby shampoo or MAC's brush cleanser. LOVE LOVE LOVE. Would rebuy if I had to but can't imagine that happening for hte next 2-3 years because the brush is just that good :)