Philosophy the microdelivery exfoliating wash

4.1

Water (Aqua), Decyl Glucoside, Sodium Cocoyl Apple Amino Acids, Diatomaceous Earth, Acrylates/Steareth 20 Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Glycerin, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Borago Officinalis Seed Oil, Tocotrienols, Panthenol, Sodium Magnesium Silicate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone

on 10/21/2012 5:34:00 AM

how can a scrub not clean my face? it feels like nothing after using this and i had to finish cleaning my face with bodywash. i'd rather save my money and use noxema and a washcloth

on 10/18/2012 6:47:00 PM

I love this stuff!! I've been using it daily for several years now. Every now and then I stray with another exfoliator but I always come back to my microdelivery exfoliating wash - one of the few products I purchase over and over.

It is gentle to use every day. My skin is somewhat sensitive with mild rosacea and this does not irritate it all. I also find the smell very comforting. Only drawback is that it gets plugged up from time to time.

on 9/24/2012 1:06:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I love this exfoliating cleanser. It works wonders for my face. I got a small sample from sephora and fell in love with it instantly. I had to go and buy more. Little did I know that it was $25 for a bottle which is absolutely ridiculous and I can't believe I paid that much for a cleanser, but it really does work wonders. The granules are the smallest I've ever used and it's not harsh at all but does the job. I feel pampered and clean afterwards. People say your not supposed to exfoliate your skin more than once a week but I use this 2-3 times a week and have never had any breakouts from it. It's gentle, yet effective. I swear that it makes my face glow and reduces blackheads. The packaging I've just recently had a problem with. It's almost empty :( and I have to keep it upside down in the shower because it takes forever to slide down and come out. If I'm paying that much for an exfoliater, I better get every last damn drop out! I'm currently looking for a dupe for this because I really can't justify paying $25 for a cleanser... But I'm a sucker so I most likely will be buying again when I'm out...

on 9/12/2012 2:27:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I love it! I have an oily T-zone and although this isn't a solution to my problem, it helped enormously!
It really cleans my skin. I tried to use every other day but it didn't have the same effect. Now I use almost daily and it really helps.

update (12/3/12): I still use it in conjunction with the Purity Cleanser and neutrogena wave. This isn't a miracle worker ad won't get rid of oiliness or blackheads. But might be a step to it with the right products.

on 8/26/2012 10:53:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I've been using this product for a while. I use it 2-3 per week in the shower. The grains aren't too harsh. This leaves your skin feeling smooth. It hasn't caused any breakouts, so I'm happy.

on 6/16/2012 7:08:00 PM

I sought this out because it gets so much love on MUA, but I must say that I'm disappointed. It's an OK cleanser, but if I don't moisturise soon after, my skin starts to flake, which is a sign that it's too stripping. It's also not something I'd use to remove makeup - I use an oil for that, but it's fine as the second stage in a double cleanse. This does absolutely nothing to help prevent or clear my breakouts either. I think I prefer to use a stronger exfolator less often, or exfoliate chemically, as I don't really like the scrubby beads in this. The bottle seems to last ages - I've been using around 5 times a week for 6 months or so and it's still going (albeit the lid is all clogged up now). However, I'm keen to finish this so I can try something new, and I definitely won't be rebuying.

on 6/14/2012 8:39:00 PM

Well, it works, I can't deny that. But for the price? I don't think so. I've used drugstore brands that work equally well.

There are several more things that bother me about this product. The smell, like others have mentioned, is pretty awful. I also found that it gets clogged at the top very easily. And over time, the scrubbing beads settle to the bottom of the container, so you have to shake it vigorously (unless you want nothing but water, which probably defeats the purpose).

Overall, I think this product is just a stinky hassle to use, and I really don't recommend it.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I just recently started using this product, and I was quite skeptical...however, after trying this for two weeks, my skin is clearer, and definitely brighter! my skin is oily and acne prone but this product has improved my skin, and I will definitely look into trying more of Philosophy's products!

on 5/22/2012 7:24:00 AM

I have been using this product for over 2 weeks now, and I think it's time I faced it.. this stuff is not great.
I bought this together with the microdelivery peel (which I think is great but not worth the hype, it leaves my skin babysoft,but that's about it. yet, that's another review) and I planned on using this every morning, and so I did. The first week was great, my skin felt fresh, clean and soft, however, after using it a week, I started to notice little tiny bumps across my right cheek, my jawline, the space between my brows and the space between my lips and my nose, some pretty weird places to break out.. yet it's more of an allergic reaction I guess, because it are not so much pimples as they are little tiny tiny bumps on the skin, not very noticeable (apart from certain lighting) but not very pretty either.
This is the only new product I have been using, so I'm guessing this is what's causing the bumps. So, for now, I'm discontinuing it in order to see whether the bumps clear up. Maybe I'll start using it again in a month or two so that I can see if it really was this that is causing the rash, but I'm afraid it is..
I will update if the bumps clear up

on 5/19/2012 2:21:00 PM

Great as an every day gentle exfoliator. I use this on its own and with my clairsonic on days that I dont need as much exfoliation as apricot scrub gives. Pricey, but would be good for more sensitive skin that can't handle harsh abrasive scrubs.