April 16, 2014 | 1458 users online

Foundations - Smashbox - High Definition Healthy FX Foundation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2011 7:49:00 PM More reviews by Jessiebanana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

Yeah...I love this foundation. I am partially influenced by the fact that it is such a good match for my skin tone. I wear Dark D1 and it is the most neutral shade of med brown I've ever tried. It isn't red, it isn't orange, it's just right.

I love that the foundation is fragrance and paraben free as I have sensitive skin. The foundation isn't greasy on me, nor does it make me look lifeless. It's a nice satin finish on my dry skin. My nose also stays shine free which never happens. Generally putting mu of any kind on my nose makes it shiny.

It wears all day (10hrs), it blends into skin perfectly and it has a nice light-med finish, just enough but not too much. It's super light-weight and barely noticeable.

11/30/11 Okay so I had to come back and take a star off because it did cause some pore clogging on my forehead, which was pretty disappointing. Also I'm on the phone a lot a work and it would wear off it the most funny way where the phone would touch my face. I don't expect foundation to stay on through that, but I would want it to come off nicer if that makes sense? I think it was just too cone-y for my dry skin. It just would kind of sit funny on the dry patches of my jaw line by the end of the day, even though it started off fine.

*This is a foundation where it is very important to follow the instructions on the box and shake it well. I think this is why you see so much variation in the reviews. I can't be sure, but that's my best guess.*

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2011 8:16:00 PM More reviews by agentashx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this product! It went on my skin so good...it looked so natural and blended in very well...but I ended up having to return this to the store because it broke me out, I have very sensitive skin and some things just don't work for me :( Sad because I really did like it

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2011 1:17:00 PM More reviews by fourtyandfabulous

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was loyal to Laura Mercier's Moisturizing Foundation for several reasons. First of all I have drier skin and second I can't tolerate foundations that contain peptides. I recently discovered that Mercier has discontinued this foundation, so I was on the search for a replacement. I went to my local Shopper's Drug Mart, the sales associate removed the makeup I was wearing and used this foundation. She did apply the green primer with a brush from Smashbox first, as I am ruddy in the cheek area due to vascular rosacea. She then applied the High Definition Foundation in F1 (I used Blush Ivory in L.M.), also with a brush, and set it with powder. I absolutely adore this foundation. I found that it gave me better coverage than Laura Mercier, and it looks flawless, after hours of wear. It really meshes well to the skin. I now use very little concealer for my dark circles. This foundation contains a lot of silicones, six to be exact, so it is probably best for someone with normal to dry skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/24/2011 9:21:00 PM More reviews by glogowianka82

I really wanted to love this one. When I apply it, it looks amazing for about 2 hours, then it starts to oxidize horribly and makes my face very oily. On the bright side, it didn't make me break out.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/19/2011 1:56:00 AM More reviews by lauramvig

Granted, I didn't buy this. I just tried it on at the counter and left it for the day. Very glad I didn't buy it. It's SO ORANGE! Gross.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/18/2011 7:25:00 PM More reviews by fkngabi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This made my skin look so oily, I have combination skin and even tho I used a smashbox primer and halo setting powder it still looks like an oily mess after a few hours. I hate the feeling of this, and it turns orange on my skin. The only pro is the pump, and the fact that it might work for someone with dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2011 10:32:00 PM More reviews by augustdean

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This might be the best liquid foundation ever and I have used some , can't go past this base, Thanks Smashbox !

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2011 11:19:00 AM More reviews by appletea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Fairly neutral shades, which is a plus. But it oxidizes like crazy on me and turns my face into the shade of a tomato. Very disappointing because I liked the coverage, the SPF and the fact that it was cruelty free.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2011 11:08:00 AM More reviews by tinavars

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The coverage is nice, as was the natural tone. However, the product lifts on oily skin and begins to separate...even with primer and powder. It is not long-wearing for those with truly oily skin. Also, as the product gets to the half-way finish line, the product separates as it pumps out of the container; I had used some toilet paper to absorb the excess oil before I applied the product to my face.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2011 8:55:00 PM More reviews by illume

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Smashbox has definetly reformulated this foundation. It has a lot more coverage and looks so natural. This foundation looks incredible on the skin, but the wear for my very oily skin could be better. I would definetly recommend this to normal to dry skinned girls.