July 23, 2014 | 1997 users online

Pressed Powders - BeneFit Cosmetics - Get Even

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2008 7:27:00 PM More reviews by darina18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

dont get mad get even!!! FINALLY a benefit product i actually like( i was beginning to give up on the brand alltogether! )! i got this in medium ( nc25-30) and i love it! i like it much better than the two mac powders i tried ( select sheer and blot). very multipurpose as it can be used to set foundation, on its own as it has great coverage and conceals redness- would especially be good used this way in summer and also as a blot powder. they had a better selection of colours though as the light is white and the next one up is daarrkkk! besides that it is a great product and the mirror is huge!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2008 5:34:00 PM More reviews by 3lla

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I love this powder!
After spending forever trying to find a powder that could act as a very light foundation, my sister ended up buying this and hated it after one try so I tried it out for myself, and oh lordy am I glad!
It blends wonderfully into my skin and evens out all the imperfections giving me a very light and natural canvas that made me feel oh-so-glamorous. It's great for touch ups during the day and I am proud to say that I ended up scraping the bottom of the tin when I had finished it.
The only draw back for me would be the powder puff that comes with the compact. After a while of using it, it ended up feeling like a blob over my skin whenever I applied Get Even, so I ended up throwing it out and using a powder puff from The Body Shop, which I have to say was just ace. I would have to say that if you apply too much of Get Even though, it ends up looking cakey and makes your face look dry, but I never really had that problem since I only ever just lighty applied it to where it was needed on my face.
I love the sleek black packaging, but near the end of it's usage the latch broke off making it a right pain(and mess!) to keep in a bag.

I would gladly buy this product again, I just hope the latch doesn't break on me that's all :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2008 3:54:00 PM More reviews by starladear

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love it. Love the coverage, love how it evens out my skin tone more than other pressed powders tend to do. It isn't ultra-mattifying, but I have very oily skin and it does an OK job of controlling oil. The fairest shade is fine with my extremely pale skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2008 12:21:00 AM More reviews by Modernlovex3

I love this powder!! It goes on extremely smooth and covers all my imperfections. I like to have a lot of coverage because I have some redness on my cheeks, but for someone who has really good skin, this would be good for a foundation. I would def. buy again!!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/9/2008 12:46:00 PM More reviews by snootybooty

I have moderately oily skin and have never really found any powder that kept my skin matte all day; however, I don't think skin should look matte so I don't really care that much if my face has some shine several hours after applying powder. That being said, as far as oil control goes I think this powder is average. It does what it is supposed to do for a short period of time. What I REALLY dislike about this powder is that it tends to look flaky or streaky or clumpy if you have oily skin and you sweat AT ALL. It is also very heavy and looks more like stage makeup. I am pretty sure I was given the wrong color; the sales associate gave me medium, but I have pretty fair skin so it makes my face look like a different color compared to the rest of my skin. Of course, in the store it looked great with the lighting and all. I bought it while on vacation out of state so I didn't think I could take it back to a different counter. I should have asked because maybe my experience would be different with a lighter shade...I just don't know.

I prefer MAC pressed powders or drugstore brands like Neutrogena or Maybelline so I will not repurchases. If my skin gets a little darker over the summer I will drag this back up from the bottom of my makeup box and try again, but otherwise I won't be using it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2008 11:29:00 PM More reviews by cythomas

For me this is more of a translucent power than a foundation. I use it to set moisturizer or color that I've put on or I use it to even out my redness.

I don't like the applicator that came with it, so I use a loose power brush to apply it and I've found that the results are better with this.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/2/2008 4:40:00 PM More reviews by sushilisa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

To me, this is more like a pressed foundation than a pressed powder, pressed powders are suppose to go on top of foundation and/or to touch up and blot oil thru out the day. but this is way too heavy as a touch up powder, and to go on top of foundation is just mission impossible,Unless you are going on stage, you will look like you layered beige concrete on your face during the day. since i bought a whole compact out of impulse and i had to finish (dxmn magazine recommended!!), here is what i did: since it is incredibly oil controlling and full coverage, I made sure i had a really really well moisturized face and primer is a must, then i pat the powder on and blush etc. It will suffice and give you full coverage as if u were wearing foundation and powder, and it will be very very matt, you wanna wait at least 30 minutes for it to set in, hence the extra work u did on ensuring you had a really well moisturized canvas. Again, like the Benefit Lip Plumper, which doesnt plump. this is yet another product that doesn't do what the title says. It's a good alternative for a quick makeup routine though.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2008 8:10:00 AM More reviews by kathhh

I read the reviews on this product, and subsequently bought it. It's an okay powder... my face doesn't look magical or anything like that (although i have read other reviews claiming their skin turned out flawless!), and mind you, my skin is pretty clear.

I just wish that they could give a wider range of shades, because 02 is slightly too light for me, and 03 too dark.

And price is pretty =/ as well, although this can be expected from most benefit products.

Just a note: i find that this looks really nice over some moisturiser in the morning. glowing, sort of. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2008 3:56:00 PM More reviews by waterchika

I actually don't own this. My old roommate is a Benefit girl though so I would always raid her makeup stash while living there. Her coloring is darker than mine so she had it in 2. I would typically choose the 1 for myself due to my fair skin but I actually REALLY liked 2 and want some for myself when I can justify spending 30 dollars for another powder, because it is yellow toned and really evens out the redness in my face. My mom has the 1 and that doesn't do the same job, so if I get this I will get it in 2. It makes me look like a porcelain doll my skin looks so perfect. I am not super greasy but the staying power seems decent.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2008 12:21:00 AM More reviews by cambriatt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this powder it really evens out my skin tone. The sponge fell apart easily. I like using it with a powder brush better than a sponge anyway.