November 27, 2014 | 1457 users online

Hair Treatments - Kerastase - Ciment Thermique

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2012 8:17:00 PM More reviews by stls

If I should choose one staple hair product to use for the rest of my life it would be this. I consider Kerastase products quite expensive but I wanted a great product to prevent heat damage and after reading so many reviews I bought this one. Win!

Let me explain: I have long curly coarse hair- and lots it- that I straighten 1-2 times a week (it's too time- consuming for every day since it takes a whole hour and a really hot flat iron) This process can be very damaging too. Here comes Ciment Thermique.

After washing my hair and conditioning I apply one and a hazelnut size amount at the ends of my hair and whatever is left throughout the rest of it and massage. I like the fresh smell and the gel texture that doesn't feel sticky and spreads effortlessly. Then comb, blow dry without brushes and straighten with my flat iron (for an hour as I said previously)

Results: Silky smooth, glossy, bouncy, healthy- looking hair that reflect the light like never before! I'm convinced that it can not be only science, it's magic!
Even the next day, I just slip the flat iron once more quickly and they look sooo beautiful!
With this rate the 125 ml tube lasted over a year, so even though it's not cheap by any means it's true value for money. A little goes a long way, you don't have to use any anti- frizzing serum or glossing mist and the protection lasts even through a second wash.

Now my hair is almost waist long- and they have never been that long before. I get split ends after all of course, but hey, they are definitely less than before. I love Ciment Thermique, without it I would never know how beautiful my hair could be!

Update: over a year later I still use it and still believe it's awesome! I recently bought Nectar Thermique just to try something new though - I'll test it properly and add the comparision.

Update - Comparision: I like the packaging a bit better than CT, it's easier to handle than the screw lid and looks more sleek.

The scent is more of a sweet artificial white floral, it's not unpleasant and doesn't linger long but I prefer CT's grapefruit-y scent.

The texture creamy, not too thick and a tad oily (compared to CT's gel- cream consistency, anyway)

I used them both the same way, applied the same amount on towel dried hair and blow dried. The I used my flat iron.

The flat iron didn't glide as smoothly, it was harder to straighten my hair- in fact I can't make look as sleek , lightweight, tangle free and flowy as with CT, they don't feel strong and nourished any more and where is that gorgeous shine? Just had a hair cut and they should look their best!

The heat protecting properties were fine but I didn't like the results. I finally bought CT again and voila, gorgeous movie star hair instantly! I'll never stray again...

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2012 10:59:00 AM More reviews by aldrinmoore

my hair was frail & get static but with using this in conjunction with the green bottled shampoo, conditioner, and mouse my hair is in much better condition..how this acts on its own with other brands i don't know, im sure its just as good but my hair is def better using this brand and i am def buying it again when i run out..don't expect miracles but my hair is def in better condition from using it

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2012 2:09:00 PM More reviews by LucySnow

Loved this styling lotion as a heat protectant before flat ironing and found that it also keeps the frizz at bay. Has a light citrus scent and worked better on my medium-fine, dry, colored hair than Nectar Thermique. Would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2012 1:31:00 AM More reviews by cainca

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Phenomenal - best out there. Lasts forever. A huge impact on my hair's appearance.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2011 11:53:00 AM More reviews by msembranz

This product is just amazing! I always get compliments about my hair even without styling. Or should I say combing? hahaha! My hair feels smooth soft, and bouncy every time I apply this leave-in conditioner. <3 <3 <3

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2011 11:23:00 AM More reviews by Eve8

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

The only part of my hair I use my iron on is my fringe, as I like to have it super straight! I was using John Frieda straightening cream. It was really good for straightening, but not so much for protecting. The ends of the hair on my fringe was damaged, hair was split and it was really visible. I went to a hair dresser and bought Ciment Thermique. It's a really nice product to help prevent the damaging a flatening iron can make to your air, it smells nice, you need a tiny amount and it gives shiny and healthy hair. The only thing that bothers me is that it doens't prevent your hair from frizzing when it's wet outside, or when it's hot and you sweat...

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2011 5:50:00 PM More reviews by MariaGirl

Makes the hair so soft, and it protects really good from the heat. A bit expensive though.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2011 10:20:00 PM More reviews by pennywhistlepoem

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I can't begin to tell you how great this product is. I have thin, curly and frizzy hair that I straighten with GHD every 2-3 days.I have been doing this for 2 years. Before I discovered this magical product I would watch my hair grow and the ends become utterly dry, destroyed and broken as I straighten. For the past two years I HAD TO visit my hair dresser every 8 weeks to get a trim because my hair would become a ball of dry and frizz that I couldn't even brush without screaming. I could never grow my hair long.

I couldn't believe the difference when I used this product for 2 months while still straightening every 2-3 days. I THOUGHT 'the two months is up and my hair is still looking healthy and I don't really have broken ends.WHAT IS GOING ON?!!?!'

This product protects your hair from heat very successfully and reduces the damage done by the heat greatly. My hair looks and feels so much healthier than before. Now I get my trim every 3 months because it's recommended for everyone, not because my hair looks like I soaked it in acid overnight. Not to mention I can actually grow my hair longer than I ever could before. Strongly recommended!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2011 8:37:00 PM More reviews by loveoutdoors

This is hands down the one product I use on my hair that I absolutely love. I don't buy it often so it's a real treat when I do. I blow dry hair with a round brush, when I use Ciment Thermique it's so easy to do my hair seems to fall into place perfectly and looks so shiny and vibrant. (hair is just past shoulders, layered, somewhat fine, slight wave) I don't like the feel of hairspray or other products in my hair so I don't use them. This product doesn't have any weight or feel to it at all, definately HG ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2011 4:47:00 PM More reviews by Monicawellness

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

EXPENSIVE BUT WORTH IT! my hair is SOOO fried i blowdry flat iron and curl everyday. Finally it caught up with me and now my poor hair is dead :(
what i did ( PHENOMENAL HAIR TREATMENT) was did the aqua-oleum with my last wash ( which really helped but that is expensive as well) then last night i washed my hair with shampoo, bought hair mayonnaise from target, got a two spoon fulls and mixed with a range-free organic egg( to make sure it didnt smell bad) with olive oil and avocado oil. Threw on a shower cap and heated with a blow dryer and slept with it on.... washed my hair REALLY well, hair mask.... and then hair ciment thermique with a hair oil that i like...and honestly my hair feels so much better! my mom says it gets better with every wash too! so dont sleep over your boyfriends house the day after u did this but i PROMISE it will help!