Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes - Matte Black 0L

3.5

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I am still looking for that perfect eye pencil that stays on my waterline and this one kept my hopes up but this eye pencil doesn't work for me either. A Sephora employee was kind enough to recommend this eye pencil to me because I was wanting to get Stila's eye pencil in Stingray but was sold out. Anyways, I decided to buy it and so far, it's the best eye pencil I have but not what I am looking for. First of all, the names given to these eye pencils are very boring. For example this one is called 0L Mat Black. When it comes to naming colors, I like creativity but MUFE doesn't really do that. This eyeliner stays on my waterline for the most an hour and then starts to smear off. Surpisely, this one lasted longer on my waterline than the UD eye pencil did which is amazing. My last pro for this product is that it glides really nicely, just like UD's pencil does. I will not be repurchasing this because it doesn't stay on my waterline. I will definitely use this one up before I purchase what I wanted first, which was Stila's Smudge proof Eyeliner pencil in Stingray.

on 7/19/2011 11:07:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I got this in a mini pencil, free with my purchase from sephora. I really like this a lot! Glides on smoothly, very pigmented, and won't budge. I swatched this with ud zero in my hand, they were basically the same. But when I rubbed it off, mufe wouldn't come off. Wow! So I decided to put my ud zero aside for now and use this first. Will definitely buy the full size, and try other colors.

on 7/17/2011 1:20:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I got the mini of this in the recent Sephora MUFE gwp. I found it was very smooth, did not tug or pull when applying it. I lined top and bottom lid and waterline. The waterline did not last very long but the lids lasted all day and even the next morning (i was lazy and didnt take it off before bed) there was still some left under my eyes. There was a little smudging of the outer corner area during the day but nothing major. However I am planning to try other waterproof liners because Id like one to stay put even better and last on the waterline too. I said id buy again but im not 100% sure that i would, just depends if i dont find anything else better.

on 6/20/2011 6:23:00 PM

I really wanted to like this product, but it smeared on me, even when I didn't apply it in my inner rims. It smears and then it becomes hard to remove the smears since its waterproof. I gave this to my mom and it works better for her ^_^ You need to use a water proof make up remover for this product or else it'll be more wash proof than water proof xD For the price and it's lack of staying power, I definitely will not be repurchasing.

on 6/18/2011 12:46:00 AM

This was my second pencil from MUFE, I really like the 2L Brown color. This Mat Black does not compare at all. For some reason this color tugs on me, and the black you really have to color it in to get a nice dense black. I thought it would stay on my waterline, but it just fades under my lower lashline and gives me waterproof panda eyes. Not only was I unhappy with the performance, I dislike the packaging. These pencils tend to dry out fast. Perhaps mine was dried out already, but I was definitely disappointed. I will not buy 0L again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Everyone knows how annoying it is to have eyeliner run, fade, smudge, smear and flake. We're always looking for that eyeliner that stays exactly where we put it. Well this does...sort of. I bought it for my waterline and it works ok but needs a fair amount of touching up. Works well along the lid, stays a good while. Fades a bit but doesn't smear and doesn't flake. One thing I don't like about it is it's hard to use in that the formula doesn't glide. It tugs and you have to use a fair amount of pressure to get a line. Also sharpening is difficult. I feel like it would be easier to whittle this thing down with a knife that try to use a sharpener. It's really hard to turn in the sharpener (and I've used about 6 different sharpeners) and tends to "stick". Often the tip will snap off. No good. Overall this is a decent eyeliner and while it DOES last longer than most others on the lash line, it's nothing that I'm super excited about. I would use it over a lot of other liners but, meh *shrugs*. No big deal really.

I LOVE this eyeliner! It's my everyday, use because it works, basic black eyeliner. I only use it on my upper lash line because it does not stay on all that well on my inner rim/waterline, but to be fair a lot of products won't last on my inner rim/waterline.

The pigmentation is wonderful; rich black color that glides on easily and lasts all day.

I wear this eyeliner to the amusement park and it passes the ultimate test of heat, humidity, sweat, roller coasters, water rides and very long days.

I've re-purchased this several times because it's reliable and awesome. I highly recommend!!

on 6/2/2011 6:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I was really hoping that my serach for a good eyeliner would end when I bought this, but it didn't. I was willing to pay the price for it because I thought it'd work but it's horrible. It didn't last on my waterline at all. It is smooth and is a dark black, but it would go down my lash line and into the crease of my eyes. I returned it the next day.

on 5/24/2011 12:50:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Bought this for just my waterline, and yet it won't even apply to my waterline. So I spent $22 on an eyeliner pencil for nothing. Going to return this to Sephora since I don't use pencil eyeliners on anything other than waterline. Definitely a waste of time.

on 5/24/2011 7:19:00 AM

The clerk at Sephora sold me on this eyeliner as I was looking for the Lancome Kohl in a waterproof version. (I have that but apparently it was a one-time deal and isn't available routinely.) I'd never heard of Makeup Forever but she said it was great.

This black liner is okay. It is very black and does accentuate my eyes nicely. However, it doesn't smudge to soften a bit (salesgirl said it would) and it really isn't waterproof. I notice it wears off a bit during the day and at night it comes off readily with a wet, warm facecloth, no cleanser at all!

This pencil is quite soft so is a problem to sharpen without smooshing.

I will be going back to a regular Kohl pencil.

Top Rated Make Up For Ever Products