July 29, 2014 | 2151 users online

Eyeliner - Make Up For Ever - Aqua Eyes Waterproof Eyeliner Pencil in Mat Black 0L

rated 3 of 5 on 6/12/2011 9:59:00 AM More reviews by DustBunnyLife

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Everyone knows how annoying it is to have eyeliner run, fade, smudge, smear and flake. We're always looking for that eyeliner that stays exactly where we put it. Well this does...sort of. I bought it for my waterline and it works ok but needs a fair amount of touching up. Works well along the lid, stays a good while. Fades a bit but doesn't smear and doesn't flake. One thing I don't like about it is it's hard to use in that the formula doesn't glide. It tugs and you have to use a fair amount of pressure to get a line. Also sharpening is difficult. I feel like it would be easier to whittle this thing down with a knife that try to use a sharpener. It's really hard to turn in the sharpener (and I've used about 6 different sharpeners) and tends to "stick". Often the tip will snap off. No good. Overall this is a decent eyeliner and while it DOES last longer than most others on the lash line, it's nothing that I'm super excited about. I would use it over a lot of other liners but, meh *shrugs*. No big deal really.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2011 4:49:00 PM More reviews by valentinekisses

I LOVE this eyeliner! It's my everyday, use because it works, basic black eyeliner. I only use it on my upper lash line because it does not stay on all that well on my inner rim/waterline, but to be fair a lot of products won't last on my inner rim/waterline.

The pigmentation is wonderful; rich black color that glides on easily and lasts all day.

I wear this eyeliner to the amusement park and it passes the ultimate test of heat, humidity, sweat, roller coasters, water rides and very long days.

I've re-purchased this several times because it's reliable and awesome. I highly recommend!!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/2/2011 6:11:00 PM More reviews by veebee2407

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was really hoping that my serach for a good eyeliner would end when I bought this, but it didn't. I was willing to pay the price for it because I thought it'd work but it's horrible. It didn't last on my waterline at all. It is smooth and is a dark black, but it would go down my lash line and into the crease of my eyes. I returned it the next day.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/24/2011 12:50:00 PM More reviews by MissRivett

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Bought this for just my waterline, and yet it won't even apply to my waterline. So I spent $22 on an eyeliner pencil for nothing. Going to return this to Sephora since I don't use pencil eyeliners on anything other than waterline. Definitely a waste of time.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2011 7:19:00 AM More reviews by ChrisLO

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The clerk at Sephora sold me on this eyeliner as I was looking for the Lancome Kohl in a waterproof version. (I have that but apparently it was a one-time deal and isn't available routinely.) I'd never heard of Makeup Forever but she said it was great.

This black liner is okay. It is very black and does accentuate my eyes nicely. However, it doesn't smudge to soften a bit (salesgirl said it would) and it really isn't waterproof. I notice it wears off a bit during the day and at night it comes off readily with a wet, warm facecloth, no cleanser at all!

This pencil is quite soft so is a problem to sharpen without smooshing.

I will be going back to a regular Kohl pencil.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2011 6:49:00 PM More reviews by Peaches1027

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm a huge fan of UD 24/7 eyeliners, and I own more of them that I will admit. I never thought I'd stray from them. On a whim I picked this up at Sephora, and I'm afraid MUFE Aqua Eyes has replaced UD 24/7 as my favorite eyeliner. The formula is so much better. This is not creamy and smooth to apply, and it feels kind of dry when applying, but this eyeliner will not budge. It even lasts through a 15-minute hot shower. I only own the Mat Black, and I can't justify buying more when I own tons of the UD 24/7 pencils, but I will slowly and surely build up a collection. These are fantastic.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2011 1:42:00 AM More reviews by brendalhp

I bought this in HK during my trip [as this brand was not available in Singapore retail malls then. till Sephora opened its doors] and realised it was much cheaper in HK.

The staying power of this eyeliner is not fantastic, hence I always apply loose powder before lining my eyes AND applying black eyeshadow after lining my eyes. Yes, it is very tedious to make sure that my finely lined eyes do not turn out to be gothic hours later.

Thus said, upon finishing this pencil, I wont be purchasing another one in Singapore.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/6/2011 12:56:00 AM More reviews by Miffylabbit

The colour is black enough for tightlining as the eyes really stands out if you want define effect but this does not last in humid asia weather. It gave me racoon eyes after one or two hours of applying. Definitely not worth paying the price for it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2011 11:10:00 PM More reviews by BeeGee35

Not worth it. Texture seems nice. Applies easily enough. It took maybe an hour for the color to start to fade. Very Very Very Very disappointing. It didn't smudge, it just fades significantly.

Also if I apply this and then use an eyelash curler, I end up with whole spots removed from my eyelid of color. I've never had that happen before, except for this pencil. Do not waste your time. There are better high end and drugstore pencils out there... tons of them. It stays on my waterline though!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/26/2011 6:04:00 PM More reviews by Nanashimara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really hate this eyeliner. I have repurchased it twice and in other colors, and they always dry up and shrink inside the pencil before I can use it up. It's not creamy enough, and it drags and has a rubbery feel when I apply it. Just bad. Expensive too.

I have 24/7 UD eyeliners from the same time I purchased this that are not dried up. They have a reinforced cap so that there won't be any little cracks which cause drying. Also plenty of DS eyeliners are far better.