September 2, 2014 | 1815 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Nivea - Gentle Eye Make-up Remover

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2008 8:10:00 PM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

It is just like plain water. I have to soak and scrub several times to remove normal mascara and liners. It is gentle, but all the rubbing needed for it to work irritates my eyes and takes twice as long! It also leaves alot of makeup residue behind so my eyes look shadowed and tired. This doesn't remove waterproof makeup at all, nor color-stay eyeliners very well either.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2008 2:05:00 PM More reviews by hellodolly18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My fav! My eyes are SUPER SENSITIVE and this doesn't hurt at all!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2007 2:46:00 AM More reviews by krystalchan

it's gentle, removes eye make up ok. takes a few wipes, quite a bit of soaking, but i guess this is what you woudl expect from a non-oil based CHEAP remover. totally worth the money i say. but problem is by the time you do get the make up off, your eyes do feel a bit sore ... so 1 lippie off.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/7/2007 3:19:00 PM More reviews by moccah

I love this product. before this I used a housebrand eye make-up remover that made my eyes burn and sting....
This eye makeup remover is very gentle, makes my skin feels good afterwards and doesnt need any hard rubbing for my mascara to come off easy.
I am very happy with this product and I am glad that a friend recommended this product to me.

I just looked at my review for this product and i have to change it, with 3 other mascara brands i bought this doesnt work very well at all and i do have to rub very very hard, maybe thats because its a GENTLE eye make up remover

not working with every mascara brand and there is kind of little in the packaging compared to other make-up remover brands

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2007 9:17:00 AM More reviews by foxykitty25

i'm reviewing the "extra gentle" and for water soluble make up and i'm surprised by the negative reviews. i dont know if my eye make up is too light or this eye make up remover really does a good job coz 2 swipes are enough to take off at least 95% off my eye make up. doesn't sting or cause any irritation to my eyes. i rarely wear a full make up and when i do i only use my facial cleanser and water to take my make up off and i find myself going over twice on my eyes to completely remove my eye make up as they don't easily come off. so i thought i'd try using an eye make up remover and i'm quite satisfied with this. but then again, i dont have much experience with make up removers and haven't use other brands to compare this with. but overall, i dont think its as bad as the reviews says. unless of course you wear 5 coats of water proof mascara and a thick layer of eyeshadow on a daily basis then i can totally understand that.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/11/2007 4:35:00 AM More reviews by erotic_snail

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I picked this up in the supermarket because I was in 'desperate' need of an eye make-up remover and this product was literally all they had.
It's cheap at 8.65AUD, but then again.. spending 8.65 on a product that does nothing for me seems a much bigger waste of money than splurging on a product that I love.
It doesn't remove my mascara - I use YSL - Aquaresistant which I know a lot of people have difficulty removing - but this product doesn't even remove the various eyeliners I have been using. No matter how much I apply or how vigorously I apply it I still find myself waking up in the morning as though I had slept with all of my eye make up on.

It dries out my eyes, it is certainly no more gentle than any other eye make-up removers I've tried. It seems to have a light fragrance which I dislike intensely in eye products of any sort - especially ones that claim to be extra gentle!
I wouldn't repurchase this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/1/2007 6:53:00 PM More reviews by advo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I didn't start using eye make-up regularly until recently, so I hadn't experienced the impact of regular use of Nivea's eye makeup remover. But the moment I started to use it everyday to cleanse the make-up my eye areas started to dry and feel uncomfortable. I don't like the remover, it doesn't do it's job and it's certainly not gentle!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/31/2007 3:50:00 AM More reviews by Hutchence

I've been happy with other bargain products in the Nivea Visage range (noteably the anti-shadow eye cream and the foaming wash for combination skin) but this was a big disappointment. Unfortunately, the "Extra Gentle Eye Make-Up Remover" is anything but gentle, and anything but a remover.

It basically gives the same result as wiping your face with witch hazel, doing little to dissolve heavier eyeliner or mascara, even the non-waterproof varieties. Although it doesn't sting my eyes themselves, the combination of astringent plus the elbow grease required to get any normal application of eye make up off using this stuff leaves the area surrounding my eyes red and irritated on occasion. It might be OK on light mascara and powder-based colours around the eyes but for anything else look elsewhere. I certainly couldn't use this by itself regardless of how much make up I was wearing - it doesn't leave my combination, slightly sensitive skin feeling clean.

The bottle contains 125mL of make up remover, and is oil free, which is probably where the problem lies when it comes to dissolving heavier applications. I don't have a problem with the packaging as others have mentioned - just put the cotton-pad directly over the flip top area, turn it upside down and squeeze. It costs about the same as L'Oreal's Dermo-Expertise gentle eye make-up remover when which gives a much better result with much less effort! I won't be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2007 4:10:00 AM More reviews by Itisred

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I saw this in 'Savers' for 2.99 and decided to give it a try because (a) it was cheap and (b) I wanted a change from my usual Superdrug eye make-up remover lotion which wasn't working with my current mascara. I'm impressed! Stupid to say, but I think it depends on the 'mascara' you try to remove it with. At the moment I'm using L'Oreal "Double Extension" with the primer that goes underneath. I use at least 3 coats so there's a lot of mascara! And yet Nivea removes it without any trouble. I saturate a cotton ball and hold it over the eye for 30 secs or so to let the mascara dissolve a little, then gently wipe away. Each eye probably takes two wipes but then its gone! Brilliant! No rubbing, dabbing and using loads of product. Any residue I take off as I cleanse the rest of my face. I find it refreshing and non-irritating on my sensitive, contact wearing eyes. Have been back and bought 3 more bottles to stock up with as its soooo cheap and effective!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2007 8:25:00 AM More reviews by sandersan

it's not too bad, it removes eyeliners fine, but i guess with mascara it'd take a lot longer n wouldn't be as effective, especially if you've put a heavy amount on. Just dab the tip of a cotton bud - works for me =)