April 18, 2014 | 1821 users online

Masks - LUSH - Love Lettuce Mask

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2011 9:35:00 PM More reviews by Beautyisbliss

I LOVE this!!! I have purchased three of these in the past year. I purchased this originally for my sensitive pregnancy skin- acne and dry spots. It felt amazing going on, as it exfoliates. As it was drying I didn't feel tightness or itching- like other masks. When I washed it off, my skin appeared brighter, felt amazingly smooth (not because of the exfoliation, but the product left behind as I describe "lavendar smoothness"). This is a real treat for all!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2011 6:28:00 PM More reviews by esornart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this face mask. It non drying and makes my skin feel really clean, fresh and soft after using this mask! I will repurchase this again and I would love to try the other masks available! I have tried so many high end to low end face mask and most of them did nothing for my skin. I LOVEEE this mask!

If you save up your used containers, you get one mask for free!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2011 9:22:00 PM More reviews by SuzanneDee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

There's no lettuce in Love Lettuce so don't be scared of trying it out. There is however a lot of green, grainy goop. It's supposed to refresh oily skins and I'm finding that it's great to unslick yourself during Mumbai's hot, humid summer.
Like all Lush masks, you're supposed to store it in the fridge, slather it on and use it all up before the fresh ingredients expire (a virtual impossibility if you use masks only once or twice a week).
Love Lettuce has agar agar seaweed, Fullerís Earth (great for pulling out gunk), kaolin (ditto), honey, glycerin, almond oil, ground almond shells, ground almonds, and lavender, but it smells like a mix of chlorophyll, honey and lavender to me.
It's easier to spread on than Brazened Honey and is less runny than The Sacred Truth. It feels lighter on the face than both the others. And for the time you have it on, it makes you look like Idina Menzel from Wicked.
It dries too fast (8mins), so usually spritz my face with water to keep the cool feeling going - this works well for Love Lettuce, you almost feel the water giving the ingredients an extra boost.
I tired washing my face after the mask dried and realised that the exfoliating granules are a little too big and irregular - I tend to break out for days if a scrub is too scratchy. That's easily solved. Dust your dried-up face in the basin to aloow the granules to fall off and then wash. It's smoother and nicer that way.
I did notice my skin looking fresher - I wasn't glowing or anything, but there was a cleanness without a dried out ashy look that usually accompanies a product for oily skin (the Cupcake mask tends to do that). I'll repurchase, but I wish Lush made smaller pots so I'd be able to finish them before they went bad.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2011 5:58:00 PM More reviews by overflowingbathroomshelf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was recommended this face mask by a friend and it has been lovely!
The calming ingredients and cool temperature (you have to keep it in the fridge) are probably what's making it my current favourite. I find with most facemasks my face is left red and horrible, this one leaves my skin calmed and smooth as soon as it's washed off - so a much better choice for just before a night out. The shelf life is pretty short (I think it was only like 5 weeks?), but I'm currently enjoying the honey moon period with this mask so won't let that get in the way! I'd recommend it, now I'm trying their fresh farmacy face wash too - I was that impressed! Love the smell too!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2011 12:23:00 AM More reviews by swtlilqtk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Now...let my start by saying this a fresh face mask made with natural ingredients. Therefore you MUST refrigerate it! It doesnt bother me though because I refrigerate all my LUSH products that I don't use everyday. I keep them freshers alot longer, even the bubble bars which start to lose their scent if you let them sit out to long...Anyways, I really do like this mask! I was dry during the winter and using Oatafix and now it's turning into Spring I have been getting greasy so I decided to switch to this. I like how it is a two in one, a scrub and a mask. It smells nice and makes your face feel fresh and tingly. I use mine 3x a week and keep them past the expiration date and they still work fine! I would test anything like a mask on a small area of your face first though to make sure you aren't allergic! Great for combo skin types and not over-drying to where you are dry.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2011 2:50:00 AM More reviews by Mebs786

I got a sample of this from Lush.. The SA there recommended this. I really like this mask. I like the texture of this compared to their other masks as it is easier to apply and also it has tiny bits in it which as you massage into your skin will gently exfoliate it. I massaged this on and left it on for about 10 mins and washed it off and gently scrubbing in circular motions. Afterwards my skin felt so smooth, I noticed a difference in my skin.. The next morning my skin looked even better.. so I will be purchasing this in the full size.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2011 6:12:00 PM More reviews by slok87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This did not get on with my face at all. I have combination skin that has gotten to a point now where I can go weeks with no blemishes but will then have the occasional small break-out. I was suffering one of those so I picked this up and gave it a try. The mask smells lovely, of mint and lavendar, and it felt very good upon application. I left it on 10-15 minutes, rinsed it off, and my face itself felt good, but the skin felt bumpy when I touched it. I looked in the mirror and saw that I had the worst breakout I can ever remember having. A rash of small whiteheads and red bumps covered my cheeks and a smaller number of whiteheads and red bumps were on my forehead.

I do not usually react to face products like this. I don't know if I got a bad batch as I realise this mask has good reviews overall, but I am not trying it again to find out. I never want my skin to be as horrible a mess again as it is right now.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2011 9:14:00 PM More reviews by mindlips

I'm actually on a hunt for my HG face mask. While this does make my face soft afterwards, it didn't quite make the cut. I like the fact that the love lettuce mask additionally made my face rosy, but the mask couldn't keep up with the occasional breakouts I get from time-to-time. I'd probably like to use this again on days when my complexion is fresh and desiring color, but not recommended for the bad times.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/10/2011 3:11:00 PM More reviews by boysavesworld

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

So, let me just say, I love this mask! I have horrible acne/scars on my cheeks. I feel like this really helped clean out my stubborn pores and reduced the redness in my cheeks. The only downside is, I see a tiny whitehead in my cheek now. I'm not sure if this is a reaction breakout, or if my pores are being "purged".

EDIT: I've stopped using this a couple months back. My skin actually reacted pretty badly to this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/27/2011 8:58:00 PM More reviews by jamilakarla

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i got it for free for bringing 5 pots back. I like it better than cupcake but i found mask of magnaminty wayyyy better ahha. if i were to get it again it would be through 5 free pots. ahha.