October 2, 2014 | 1001 users online

Lip Gloss - Clarins - Instant Light Lip Perfector

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2011 1:04:00 PM More reviews by sexysylvia1211

wow i just love this lipgloss! Its not a 'typical' lipgloss it isnt sticky, or tacky, its more like a lovely lipbalm but with the shine of a gloss! It is in no way one of those plumping glosses, but makes my lips look bigger and more fuller (i have id say 'average' lips- not super full, but not thin either) I love that pinky-nude Kim K lip and because i have quite pigmneted red lips i usually have to apply foundation over my lips first, but with this being a nice milky pink (but very natural milky pink- not as milky as say nars turkish delight that one is a bit more so!) it looks great on my lips very natural (nothing barbie about it!) just a nice light rose petal pink. Love love love. I hope to go on holiday soon and i would wear this every day there too :))

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2011 3:42:00 PM More reviews by chanelohlic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have bought this lip gloss over and over again,in all3 shades!
Pink, peachy and nude. However i cant find a name, just numbers 1,2 and 3. So i think "Rose Shimmer" must be an overseas product/version!

This review is for Number 1 (Pink)...but everything i say will apply to both the other shades as well!
These are the only things by Clarins that have ever impressed me enough to buy.
The colours are very sheer,just a touch colour and lots of shine. They smell good too, which i love. As lip products are so close to your nose i cant stand it when a nice gloss smells awful. I can only describe it as a cocoa/creamy smell! The formula is sooo smooth,it just glides on with its sponge tipped applicator. Its very moisturising, feels like lip balm on.
The tube is nice and squeezy so you can use the majority of the product up.
I always use these in the summer because their so sheer and pretty. And add to a lovely sunkissed look.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2011 12:32:00 PM More reviews by enydonus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

These are versatile, moisturizing, and goof-proof. :D
I was given a sample size tube of 01, used it up completely, and have since bought the rest of the full sized line. They were $20 CAD with a portion of the proceeds donated to charity.

Pros:
moisturizing
not sticky
doesn't all rush out of the tube at once
doesn't settle into lines at all
doesn't chap lips after it wears off
smells like cupcakes
tastes nice too
doesn't sting
one tube lasts a long time
doesn't smear everywhere
looks good with or without makeup
is the perfect compliment to a smoky eye without looking too ghostly or pigmented
Con:
Kisses right off - but at least it can be reapplied easily without a mirror

These are pretty much all I wear anymore, with the exception of Marcelle plumping gloss (for the extra shimmer), since a bad allergic reaction to other lipglosses that split my lip open for a week... plumping indeed. I also tend to find continuously shopping around for flattering lipstick colors to be extremely tiresome and expensive. All of the colors in this line are nice, 3 are all that's needed (warm, cool, neutral - DONE). Very happy with this purchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2010 11:01:00 AM More reviews by Shazzer1976

I got a sample size of this and think I will be buying a proper full size tube of it (once I have used everything else up, new year's resolution!). I have this in Rose Shimmer and I think it is very flattering and very natural. It would be ideal for a fresh faced look and it is incredibly moisturising into the bargain!

Do not purchase if you are looking for full on drama lips but if you are looking for a natural look and something that will be very moisturising on your lips, I think this is lovely. I'm just disappointed that I have put myself on a makeup fast for the foreseeable future!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2010 2:23:00 AM More reviews by Waffin

Review: Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector 09.27.10
This retails for $19.00 CDN at SDM
This is a tinted lip balm that comes in a squeezy tube. I have gone through 3 of these and am not exactly sure which one the more recent packaging is but it is either in a opaque baby pink tube or a clear one where you can see the baby pink balm through it. It has a silver twist off top which gets scratched easily and has a white felt applicator which you squeeze the product through which quickly turns all pink after the first couple of uses.
The colour is a milky pink on me and I have quite pigmented lips. I am reviewing the colour #01 Rose Shimmer now called Reflects Rose.
It is very moisturizing, enough for me to skip lip balm all together and just use this alone. I reapply it often as it is not long wearing; lasts about an hour or so without eating or drinking but that would be the average for a lip balm anyway. The moisturizing ingredients seem to be the extracts of mango, shea butter, vit. E and A.
The scent is pleasant, reminds me of MAC lip products with their signature vanilla scent.
This lip balm lasts me quite awhile even with everyday usage. I would say one tube would roughly last me about 3-4 months.
It is also advertised as a gloss and I have had strangers ask me what my LOTD is and I usually just top any pink lipstick I wear with this as it is very moisturizing. The shimmer is very undetectable unless you are directly in light. It makes my lips appear a little bit more plump and is not over the top.
For a splurge I definitely recommend this over DIOR Lip Glow which was not nearly as moisturizing and more expensive. This gloss is available in a coral and a beige tint as well.
I will be repurchasing again!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2010 5:13:00 PM More reviews by abfabjeanius

I got this in the color #02 - Apricot. These have recently been reformulated with an opaque tube, rather than a translucent one (not sure why), but the soft sponge-tip applicator is the same.

As others have noted, the color payoff of these is very light and sheer. These "lip perfectors" are meant more as shiny balms, I think. To that end, they are very moisturizing and not at all sticky or tacky. It gives a nice shine and plumpness to the lips, and works well over top matte lipsticks.

There is a nice sugary cupcake scent, which I actually really adore. Overall, I really like this product and will probably repurchase if/when I run out. It retails for $21 for a 0.35oz squeeze tube, which is slightly pricey, continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2010 5:46:00 PM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is meant to be some sort of lip treatment, I think. I don't know that it does much besides soften/moisturize my lips, much like any good gloss. But it's a very pretty, light shade (not much colour but still flattering) and it has the smell of candy floss, which I love. And it's just a pretty nice lip treatment.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2010 5:18:00 PM More reviews by e_L_L_e

Don't expect a lot of pigmentation with this. this was one of the rare lip products that made my lips soooooo dry and chapped. it did smell very nice, tastes kinda sweet, and was not sticky. but still, so NOT worth the money for basically clear lipgloss.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2010 8:14:00 AM More reviews by Danoon

I really really hate sticky lips.
And I hate it when your lipgloss sort of disappears, leaving a grimy texture on your lips and a dehydrated feeling.
For some reason I tried this lipgloss - and I haven't stopped using it since! It stays good for a long time, hydrates your lips, doesn't stick, and when it's finally gone it leaves you with a hydrated feeling.
Apart from that it just looks great, my lips look plumped and the rose colour is subtle but perfect. And the price also makes me happy!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/2/2010 7:44:00 PM More reviews by bloodnite

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

The product goes on great but the sponge tip applicator does get a mouldy smell. I got the apricot color and it didn't really make any difference on my lips other than make them a little shinier. It is has a nice moisturizing texture but I wouldn't buy this again because the applicator can get smelly and breed germs.