August 22, 2014 | 2042 users online

Lip Gloss - Clarins - Instant Light Lip Perfector

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2010 2:23:00 AM More reviews by Waffin

Review: Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector 09.27.10
This retails for $19.00 CDN at SDM
This is a tinted lip balm that comes in a squeezy tube. I have gone through 3 of these and am not exactly sure which one the more recent packaging is but it is either in a opaque baby pink tube or a clear one where you can see the baby pink balm through it. It has a silver twist off top which gets scratched easily and has a white felt applicator which you squeeze the product through which quickly turns all pink after the first couple of uses.
The colour is a milky pink on me and I have quite pigmented lips. I am reviewing the colour #01 Rose Shimmer now called Reflects Rose.
It is very moisturizing, enough for me to skip lip balm all together and just use this alone. I reapply it often as it is not long wearing; lasts about an hour or so without eating or drinking but that would be the average for a lip balm anyway. The moisturizing ingredients seem to be the extracts of mango, shea butter, vit. E and A.
The scent is pleasant, reminds me of MAC lip products with their signature vanilla scent.
This lip balm lasts me quite awhile even with everyday usage. I would say one tube would roughly last me about 3-4 months.
It is also advertised as a gloss and I have had strangers ask me what my LOTD is and I usually just top any pink lipstick I wear with this as it is very moisturizing. The shimmer is very undetectable unless you are directly in light. It makes my lips appear a little bit more plump and is not over the top.
For a splurge I definitely recommend this over DIOR Lip Glow which was not nearly as moisturizing and more expensive. This gloss is available in a coral and a beige tint as well.
I will be repurchasing again!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2010 5:13:00 PM More reviews by abfabjeanius

I got this in the color #02 - Apricot. These have recently been reformulated with an opaque tube, rather than a translucent one (not sure why), but the soft sponge-tip applicator is the same.

As others have noted, the color payoff of these is very light and sheer. These "lip perfectors" are meant more as shiny balms, I think. To that end, they are very moisturizing and not at all sticky or tacky. It gives a nice shine and plumpness to the lips, and works well over top matte lipsticks.

There is a nice sugary cupcake scent, which I actually really adore. Overall, I really like this product and will probably repurchase if/when I run out. It retails for $21 for a 0.35oz squeeze tube, which is slightly pricey, continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2010 5:46:00 PM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is meant to be some sort of lip treatment, I think. I don't know that it does much besides soften/moisturize my lips, much like any good gloss. But it's a very pretty, light shade (not much colour but still flattering) and it has the smell of candy floss, which I love. And it's just a pretty nice lip treatment.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2010 5:18:00 PM More reviews by e_L_L_e

Don't expect a lot of pigmentation with this. this was one of the rare lip products that made my lips soooooo dry and chapped. it did smell very nice, tastes kinda sweet, and was not sticky. but still, so NOT worth the money for basically clear lipgloss.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2010 8:14:00 AM More reviews by Danoon

I really really hate sticky lips.
And I hate it when your lipgloss sort of disappears, leaving a grimy texture on your lips and a dehydrated feeling.
For some reason I tried this lipgloss - and I haven't stopped using it since! It stays good for a long time, hydrates your lips, doesn't stick, and when it's finally gone it leaves you with a hydrated feeling.
Apart from that it just looks great, my lips look plumped and the rose colour is subtle but perfect. And the price also makes me happy!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/2/2010 7:44:00 PM More reviews by bloodnite

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

The product goes on great but the sponge tip applicator does get a mouldy smell. I got the apricot color and it didn't really make any difference on my lips other than make them a little shinier. It is has a nice moisturizing texture but I wouldn't buy this again because the applicator can get smelly and breed germs.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2010 5:31:00 AM More reviews by logavn

This smells and tastes good as well and the color is very natural. It makes my lips look fuller and also serves as a good moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2010 4:58:00 PM More reviews by kmercedes28

I love this product!! It smells amazing like cupcakes, it's smooth without the stickiness, and very pretty natural colors. It doesn't get any better than this. It's definitely my go to lip gloss.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2010 9:18:00 PM More reviews by kimberlyball

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great lip product. The color is a beautiful sheer pink rose color that gives a great sexy lip. I have very pigmented lips and this with nothing else still shows through slightly. Absorbs into my lips well, isn't sticky at all. Great vanilla smell. I bought the Christmas set of 3 for the price of one and gave the peach one to my mom:) The bronze color is great, too. Bronze with a tinge of peachy pink. This is great over YSL Rouge Volupte lipstick in 01 nude beige. I love the lipstick, but it can get kinda dry and matte looking. This treatment over it gives a great nude, wearable lip with moisture.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2010 7:37:00 AM More reviews by malabu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm too lazy and mean to buy and test a lot of lipglosses so I'm glad that I found this one from Clarins! It's a neutral lipgloss with a hint of rosy-pink to it (shade 01) which I can use on a daily basis and for all ocasions. The result are beautiful and shiny lips that appear a little more volumous.I have an issue with sticky lips (!), so I was happy to learn that this doesn't feel sticky or drying. It's like wearing vaseline. I also tested this on my mother who hates sticky lips as well, and she loved it and it added a youthful shiny look to her lips. I also hate when a lipgloss creases and leaves this white ugly stuff around the lips, but this doesn't seem to do that. I have repurchased this product one time and will buy it again because it's worth the money if you look for something neutral and nonsticky that makes your lips look moistured.