Maybelline Great Lash Mascara

2.1

Price: $

Price: $

Water, Beeswax, Glyeryl Sterarate, Triethanolamine, Propylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Methylparaben, Quaternium-15, Simethicone, Quarternium-15, Butylparaben. May Contain: CI 77492, CI77499, 77491 / Iron Oxides CI77007 / Ultramarines, Mica, CI77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI77510 / Ferric Ferrocyanide, CI75470 / Carmine, CI77288 / Chromium Oxide Greens, CI77289 / Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI77742 / Manganese Violet. CI77742.

I read the wonderful reviews of this mascara and thought I haven't worn this in years so time to give it another try. I grabbed one at Walmart in the darkest black colour. (I go through these mascara purges now and again).

No.....not going to happen for me. I think the formula has changed since I last used it (?). It flaked, made my eyes endlessly water and it gave me raccoon eyes by the end of my work shift. I did nothing out of the ordinary and my cosmetic brushes were clean (cause that can cause a lot of reactionary issues). It just has something in it that irritates my eyes.

I want to love it because it is a classic but it just doesn't work for me.

on 1/28/2015 3:04:00 PM

I'm sorry it didn't work for everyone! I love mascara and I always am trying new ones, but I always go back to my Great Lash. I believe mascara is very subjective because everyone's eyelashes (and taste) are different. It goes on smoothly, no clumps, very black. I like that it's buildable, I love the waterproof formula too. I prefer a mascara that separates and darkens my lashes, they're already quite long and I don't like lots of volume. When applied lightly it's great for a "no makeup" makeup look. Don't dismiss it, try it for yourself, it's SO not a splurge!

on 1/27/2015 11:35:00 AM

I bought this recently as am skint & wanted something I could build up or play down, I used to be a frequent purchaser of this mascara in my late teens & was always very pleased with results but this time around SO SO DISSAPOINTED!!!! I am sure they must have changed the formula, I know people change over time, but I also know with complete certainty I would NEVER have been pleased with the product as it is formulated today. Sorry Maybelline, am keeping this one just to go over falsies!

on 1/27/2015 11:26:00 AM

Over-rated. Just because it's the best-selling mascara doesn't mean it's the best. I thought it didn't do anything much at all. Sure it's cheap. But other formulations like Lash Discovery are a whole lot more worth the money.

on 1/26/2015 7:56:00 PM

It made my lashes black, that's about it. No length or volume. It didn't clump or flake, but it also didn't look like I had anything on. I can't believe they're still selling it.

on 1/25/2015 7:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I've used this mascara for years - though having said that I don't use mascara very often. This does exactly what it says, it's not magic but I love how it doesn't clump or look messy! I always get this in blackest black. Considering the price-point I find maybellines great lash mascara to be an excellent buy! PARTICULARLY if you don't use mascara often anyway, you may not want to spend too much on a product you'd only use occasionally - spend those extra coins on something nice you'd use everyday!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Really good as a day to day product. Nothing special but better than anything else for this price. Goes on easy, non gloopy and stays on all day, seperate slashes brilliantly.

on 1/21/2015 8:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This was my go-to mascara for years, then I tried out the Clump Crusher. I realized that the CC didn't coat as well or as thick and went back to this... What happened?! Did they recently change the formula? This is a wet, clumpy mess of a product and I won't be repurchasing it again.

on 1/21/2015 5:35:00 AM

Why so many negative reviews?! I love this mascara. My two previous mascaras were Max Factor, both much more expensive than this one. However I don't find anything that I don't like about Great Lash mascara. Give it a try - it's worth it.

on 1/18/2015 6:52:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

i never had a problem with this mascara, i like it, easy to clean up, does take a few min to dry but thats with most mascaras. my mom and my grandma used this one for years and they always bought this pertictular mascara too and like it

Popular Mascaras