August 27, 2014 | 1725 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash Mascara

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2014 9:53:00 PM More reviews by treradical

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I only use this mascara on my bottom lashes. My bottom lashes are very tiny and I used to get mascara all over my skin when trying to apply mascara with bigger brushes. This brush is tiny enough that I can make them look longer without getting the mascara everywhere. So for that, I'll give it 5 lippies and will continue to purchase it. However, I'm definitely sticking with my HG Maybelline's full n soft mascara when doing my upper lashes.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2014 10:59:00 AM More reviews by Katebbug

This was my very first mascara and I loved it!!! I used it for like a year almost and it never gave out! I totally Love this product and would buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/27/2014 9:41:00 AM More reviews by WorthlessWonder

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

This mascara is not that great. It's good enough if you already have long lashes naturally and you just want to colour them darker and get them a little thicker, but it does absolutely nothing for length or curl.

I personally found this mascara a bit too hard after drying, though it wasn't nearly as bad as the Maybelline Volume XXL waterproof. I have blond eyelashes naturally and this really did colour them darker, but it didn't do much for them otherwise. The brown shade in which this mascara comes is really lovely though.

No, I guess Maybelline mascara's are just not for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/26/2014 4:45:00 PM More reviews by hapticmotion

I already have visible lashes, so with that pretense, this straightened out my already there lashes and made things worse. I was better off just not adding anything to them! So if you're someone with no visible lashes, I can't imagine what it would NOT do for you! D:

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2014 10:22:00 AM More reviews by kyl77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm surprised at the poor reviews for this product. I actually like Great Lash. It's my go to mascara when I need an emergency replacement for my Just For Redheads mascara. Affordable and available virtually everywhere, I like it in the dark brown. Great Lash is more for a natural look and is especially suited for blondes and redheads. Personally I think it looks garish to have HUGE black lashes against pale skin and red or blonde hair. It's important to step back and look at the whole picture. You want all of your makeup to blend. If you're honest with yourself, you might realize that a more subtle black or brown lash might actually look better.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I always wipe the wand on some tissue before using. This takes off any extra product allowing for the most natural application. I recommend doing this regardless of what type of mascara you're using.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2014 2:11:00 AM More reviews by malabug

I have found I like thinker masscara formulas. I keep coming back to this. I have lashes I feel pretty good about they are are pretty long naturally kinda curly and dark and I have a lot of them . maybe my good luck makes me easy to please but for me I like this in soft black it's perfect for every day. Its the masscara equivalent if a mlbb lipstick. Makes my lashes stand out against my eye makeup or frames my eyes when I go for a bold lip and simple eyes. AND I DOESNT GIVE ME RACCOON EYES .yes I wanted to raise my voice a bit

rated 1 of 5 on 5/21/2014 12:01:00 AM More reviews by Synthpopper

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I hate this maAscara with a passion. It does absolutely nothing for my lashes. I'm not sure why it gets rave reviews in some magazines. I've tried it twice in the span of several years and guess what? I still hated it. There are so maAny better mascaras out there. Really any other mascara is better. Don't waste your time or money on this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2014 1:30:00 PM More reviews by pvining

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I am apparently different from most mascara users in that I prefer a really natural look. I don't really want to lengthen or thicken my lashes. Just darken them. This product does exactly that. With a little practice, I learned how much to apply (I wipe the applicater off on a tissue before applying it to my lashes). Most mascaras are too thick and gloppy for my taste. I like that this one is more thin and watery. It leaves a pretty, natural look, and wears well all day. The dark brown shade is perfect for me. I look natural, just a little enhanced. And if I ever want a little more oomph, I can always just apply another coat or two. Since Loreal Bare Naturale mascara has been discontinued (so sad), I use Great Lash when I want that same soft, natural look and feel.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2014 2:33:00 AM More reviews by Barbirivera

I bought this mascara because it's supposed to be a classic and a must-have. After using it for a awhile I can say it's not a terrible product but it's definitely not worth the hype either. This mascara is nothing special, if you have long beautiful lashes that don't need much help, use this! But if you're looking for volume or whatever, better go for the Colossal or The Falsies. Since Great Lash is in my makeup drawer (and I try my best to use everything I have), I've been using this on my bottom lashes. The brush is rather small so it works perfectly.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2014 3:25:00 PM More reviews by MalibuMands

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

All of the magazines I read keep telling me Maybelline’s GREAT LASH mascara is THE product to have. Eventually I caved and tried it. How could ‘America’s Number One Mascara’ let me down?

As soon as I opened the tube to try it out it became clear I wasn't going to love it - the brush is small and has widely-spaced bristles which just clumps my lashes together. Trying to separate and fan out my lashes using the wand resulted in poked eyes on more then one occasion.

After the eventual application my lashes still looked quite limp, as the wet formula gives no volume or length to my lashes. During the day I noticed that my lashes looked limp, and the mascara had started to flake a bit.

On the plus side; this mascara is easy to remove, and is cheap. If you prefer a natural look, the this may be worth checking out.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No