October 25, 2014 | 1852 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash Mascara

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2014 2:14:00 PM More reviews by Avonlea82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been using this mascara as my go to for most of my adult life. I have tried others - i.e. Falsies, notably. But for the price point, I really like this one. I have very long, mid-range volume, very light red/blonde eyelashes. Since they are long I may be easier to please. I tend to buy this one in the "blackest black" colour although I have also purchased the brown many years ago. I do not find it too clumpy (when it gets clumpy out of the bottle I know it is time to buy a new one, but it generally lasts more than a few months) and I don't have issues usually with the lashes sticking together. I find my best technique for using this mascara is to swipe the applicator around the sides of the bottle (no pumping), then wiggle (small side to side action) the applicator from the bottom of the lash in a continuous motion to the ends. What I really do like about this mascara is the shape of the brush - I like the tapered end as it gives me more control. I don't like when brushes are too one-dimensional or too huge. When the brushes are very fat I find I get more mascara on my skin than on my eyelashes. The tapered end is the best thing to pick up the tiny blonde lashes at the edges that I cannot see (I wear glasses, so I am doing this half blind, mind) before putting mascara on them.

It's not a glamorous mascara - doesn't give super luscious lash but is definitely my go-to for every day.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/6/2014 10:40:00 PM More reviews by lipstickthespian

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This mascara has been around longer than I have. However, I will never share the love that so many magazines and cosmetic experts have for this product. This mascara always left my eyelashes spiky looking and stuck together. I haven't bought this product in 10 years but I thought it was one worth reviewing.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/4/2014 6:24:00 AM More reviews by sandylost

I was expecting great things from great lash but it left me disappointed. My lashes were clumpy, chunky, and flaky. Not sure if it was the wand or the formula but it was difficult to apply an even coat of mascara. My eyes somehow felt very tired and irritated too. I looked like a hooker and not Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman hooker. How this mascara has a cult following is beyond me. I would not recommend this to anyone. Not even to those starting out with makeup.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/3/2014 4:53:00 AM More reviews by SmaugtheMagnificent

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a mascara to get that was cheap so when i didnt do eyeliner i could just put some on and go out. I was really excited to get this, i got the one that has to tiny end to get like more lashes and i was disappointed. it goes on a little too thick and makes my lashes look weird. made all my lashes stick to one and just awful. ill continue to use it until i run out but i liked elfs essentials mascara much better. packaging is very cute though!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2014 2:46:00 AM More reviews by keiki300

I have never understood what all the hype is about in fashion magazines regarding this mascara. It is not even an average mascara plus the packing is fugly. There are so many other great choices. I have tried them all and my HG is Maybelline's Mega Plush and L'oreal's million lashes....any of them. Skip this one

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2014 11:56:00 PM More reviews by happyrosenguyen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

It is a very natural mascara, I wouldn't use it if you wanna go bold because it would take a while to give you the preferable 'big & bold' look.
It is a amazing mascara for those just want quick and natural look. It is amazing for the bottom lashes because of the small and precise wand.
The wand is spiral so the mascara goes on every lash. Overall, the mascara is amazing for teenagers as it gives a very natural look. The packaging is not my favourite, it seems quite 'cheap'.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2014 11:32:00 PM More reviews by bettybear135

For an Asian with no lashes, this mascara gives me zero length, and zero volume. But it's not like I can throw it away after just buying it, so this is what I did to make it work: 1) use a clean mascara wand( it doenst have to be big) The one I used is from the sample mascara I got from sephora's free beauty gift set. Don't use the wand that comes with the mascara,, it sucks like poooo. 2) take a gel liner and put it on your clean mascara wand. Gel liner usually has wax in them, which gives gives more length and helps to keep your lashes stay curled. 3) apply the gel liner on your lashes, than using the same wand, apply the actual mascara and BAM it looks so fab. And best of all? It's easy and actually keeps the curl stay in place. I can't use any other mascara for this technique becuz other mascaras contains more wax in them. I think having such a simple and cheap mascara allows people to use their imaginations to find different ways to use the mascara. Another method is to put corn starch on your lashes after applying the first coat( before it dries). Than you can apply the mascara again to cover the whiteness.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/1/2014 12:26:00 PM More reviews by Jenny221

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Nice packaging, but that's it. I actually made an account to tell everyone how I hated it!! Maybelline, please do your work next time!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/27/2014 8:06:00 PM More reviews by Slone07

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Um...no thanks. I love natural looking, clump free mascara. This is not, nor has it ever been, one of those mascaras for me. Every year or so, I buy this because it's so popular, convinced it's going to work for me, but no. Every year, it goes into the trash can. I'm done.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2014 6:55:00 AM More reviews by HaleyKnowsBest

I have the one with the pink rubber applicater and I like how it gets thinner at the end so its easier to apply to the inner lashes. I think it works pretty good but it does start to clump quickly.