October 31, 2014 | 1193 users online

Blush - TheBalm - Hot Mama

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2012 6:12:00 PM More reviews by bassetmomma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had never even heard of this product line until I picked up Kyle Richard's book. She's one of the "Real Housewives of Beverly Hills." She referenced "Hot Mama" as her favorite blush. While checking out Snooki's perfume at Perfumania (surprisingly, it's not bad..reminded me of "Pink Sugar"), I discovered that "mania" carried the entire "Balm" line. The packaging is very similar to "Benefit" with cute pictures of women from time gone by. Think Betty Page and other 1940s pin ups. Anyhow, I picked up "Hot Mama" for 19 smackers. Not bad. This is a peachy pink (emphasis on the peach) iridescent blush. It reminds me of Nars "O"..reformulated. Much more wearable. It seems like a cross between a blush and highlighter. Perfectly suitable for day or night. I would caution that this color is quite light. I am porcelain-toned. This might not show up on deeper skin tones. A thumbs up. Works well with a peach toned gloss like Clinique's "Guava Gold."

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2012 1:16:00 PM More reviews by CSBeauty91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My favorite blush! The color is beautiful, and adds golden radiance to my face. This does have some shimmer, and I normally don't like shimmery blushes, but its very subtle shimmer so I can pull it off! I sweep my brush over the blush once, and a little goes a long way. It also blends very smoothly. For me, the lasting power it great. I never had to touch up, it lasts all day.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2012 9:32:00 AM More reviews by Aishteru85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

For reference I am NC35 with olive/yellow undertone. This is a really pretty blush. It shows up coral on me with beautiful golden pearlescent sheen. On the pan it looks more coral-pink with golden sheen. The texture of the product is slightly powdery. It gives off a really nice glow and you dont have to use a highlighter with this blush on since it has that pearlescent sheen to it. The longevity is okay stays on for about 4-5 hours and then it started to fade off. The pigmentation is quite good. Not overly pigmented at least on my skin tone-(if you are fairer than this might be quite pigmented), which I like, cuz I like to be able to build up the intensity and not dot it on and look like a clown.

If you like supremely pigmented blush like MAC, this is not in that level of pigmentation. This is slightly less pigmented than MAC blushes. But great enough that in just 2 swipes you get a good color pay off. The good part also about this is that UNLIKE some blushes, you just get the shimmer without the beautiful color. this blush imparts the beautiful coral shade on your cheeks as well as the golden sheen. The golden sheen/shimmer is so finely milled that it has a pearlescent glow and not chunks of glitter and doesnt leave you looking like a disco ball.The packaging is a classic thebalm packaging, in a cardboard magnetized box. Price is decent for the amount of blush you get which is a lot. All in all, this has been a fave blush of mine and i will continue repurchasing it- i doubt that I'll run out anytime soon...Highly recommended!!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/29/2012 8:27:00 PM More reviews by CakebJunkie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I bought this blush after finally seeing it on sale. I'm glad I caught it on sale because I would NOT have paid $40 for this. I do not like the way it goes on my cheeks. I'm light, it doesn't show up much at all. If you're darker, it may be good for you. It's definitely not my color.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2012 8:46:00 AM More reviews by MuppaLova

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

One of my favourite blushes! The packaging is super cute and the mirror comes in handy. Hot Mama's formula is smooth, easy to blend and super pigmented. The colour is a warm pink with peach understones and golden shimmer. It's very versitile and looks great on my yellow toned skin. Not to mention it gives my face a beautiful glow. I recommend this too anyone in the market for a pretty peachy pink blush.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2012 12:20:00 AM More reviews by mararum

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

The color's a warm glittery pink. It was well-pigmented. However, the longevity was terrible even when I wore primer and finishing powder. I think the longest it lasted without touch-ups was 2 hours. Despite the longevity problems, I would still buy it again. It's convenient and I really liked how the color looked.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2012 2:23:00 PM More reviews by itskirby

Love this blush. The texture is lovely, it stays on all day and the shimmer is subtle and gives a glow instead of a cheap looking glitter. I like to use it as eyeshadow sometimes too!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/14/2012 6:39:00 PM More reviews by portakalis

I loved the color but the staying power is so bad. After one hour nothing left on my cheeks although I use primer and foundation.. So I decided to use it on my dailly simple make ups. But I won't repurchase this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2012 11:28:00 PM More reviews by Alfordalice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is what nars orgasm should have been like. The perfect peachy pink that gives cheeks such a gorgeous warm sunny flush. It has shimmer in it but it's not crazy glitter like the nars blush. I have only good things to say about this blush. I have searched for the perfect shade for a while. Have tried smash box, Mac, Chanel, Dior, nars and Laura mercier. Nothing has ever looked this perfect on me! Hooray!
For reference I am Mac face and body c1 diorskin 02 Chanel vitalumiere aqua b10 bourgeois healthy mix serum 52.

Seriously go check this out!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2012 8:04:00 PM More reviews by dawnzartandlife

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is practically a clone of Nars Orgasm without the annoying glitter, love this shade on a variety of skin tones. Very natural. Perfect shade of pinky peach.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No