September 1, 2014 | 1918 users online

Scrubs - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Power-Clear Scrub

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2011 8:43:00 PM More reviews by candybunny88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

prior to this product, i was using Lush's dark angel which caused me to have constant pimple (just break out, just one pimple at a time). its pretty annoying considering that i never used to have pimples all the time and this expensive lush scrub was supposed to soak up all the oiliness! anyways i picked this up after giving up on dark angel at the supermarktet for about $13 NZD which is not too bad for a face scrub. the scrub itself is of a minty green colour and is quite creamy.it has a cucumber scent that is not unpleasant. the scrub doesnt sud up (because its creamy) and the scrubby bits in it are pretty gentle. now i do like my scrubs a bit abbrasive so many there could be more scrubby bits in there but the good thing is ever since using this scrub at night i havent gotten many pimples at all, not even at that time of the month.This product is also gonna be pretty long lasting as after 2 month or so of daily usage i still have like 80%of the product and i usually use quite a bit of product while cleansing.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/4/2011 4:49:00 PM More reviews by blondiegoodlooks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been using this for a few days now, and while I like it, I'm not sure I would buy it again.

PROs
-1- I do love that it has glycolic acid in it (i just wish it had a bit more!) in addition to SA
-2- I feel that it does do a good overall job of cleansing the skin

CONs
-1- I really hate the scrubbing beads. First of all, there are very few of them. In other words, they need to add MORE beads to it. However, the beads they do have are very abrasive (too hard). If you rub the product aggressively into the skin, the feeling is all but pleasant. They should develop a softer bead but have a greater concentration of them in the product.
-2- I was buying it to help with acne, and I kind of wish it was a bit more powerful. I leave it on for a good minute or so (even though you're supposed to rinse it off immediately) and there is no stinging etc like you might expect from a potent product.

In short, if you can live with the cons above, I'd recommend it, but I don't think I'd repurchase just yet.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2011 4:19:00 PM More reviews by ari496

This helped my acne a little, but not too much so I only gave it 4 lipsticks. It did however, feel very pleasant. I will repurchase this just beacuse it had such a nice tingly feeling. It was a cream so it didn't dry me out. it wasn't irritating and it made my skin glow. I really like it, and I'll find something else for my zits. It's called stress control beasuse it smells so wonderful that all your worries fade away while you use it. it's delightful.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2011 11:06:00 AM More reviews by Zwig09

I love this stuff. Even though it is a scrub, I use it as my nightly face wash. It is soooooo creamy and smells great. My skin always feels clean and smooth after using this. All you need is a dime sized amount. Will buy this again and again.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/5/2011 5:31:00 PM More reviews by navmakeup

I have been using this for yearss soo i can comment on everything this product does ... anyways it stopped working when i did use this i would still breakout
i like that it has glycolic acid and so forth. but anyways it didnt work i think this is very bad for sensitive skin :| .. the beads are round but can be irrating to the skin

rated 3 of 5 on 9/5/2011 4:31:00 PM More reviews by CallieIsHere

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this product on accident - I thought I was buying the daily scrub, but when I went to go use it saw that it was the actual scrub.
I'm on the fence with this one. It smells good, feels good, but doesn't do a really good job at scrubbing since there are not too many scrubbers in there, and they are small. It doesn't help THAT much with getting rid of my acne, but I know that it does help with preventing it.
Overall, I wouldn't buy this again because I've used better products for my skin. My skin doesn't glow after using this like it does with other natural, more effective products.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2011 8:59:00 PM More reviews by heyyygirlx3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

my friend recommended me this product since i have really sensitive combination skin and nothing ever works on me! i've spent so much money on products that only make my skin highly irritated and dry. but this product i have to say is the best i've ever used, plus the price is decent. when i first used it, my skin felt so smooth and tingly! i love the feeling, i use it in the morning and before i sleep. around the first 3 days of usage my skin became really irritated and dry so i used cetaphil lotion over it. but as i continued using it the itchiness lessened and now my skin is used to it. :) i've used this product for two weeks and my skin is almost clear. my skin improved a lot since i used this though!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2011 12:21:00 AM More reviews by nmhidi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used this product for a while and then switched to a similar product by Biore. I couldn't even finish 1/3 of the Biore before switching back to this! This helps keep my skin clear, along with the prescription acne medicine Ziana. I love the clean and cool feeling my skin has after washing. I don't think I will ever use another face wash.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2011 4:34:00 PM More reviews by Tetteala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of the staples in my skincare routine. Since I started using this, my skin has been acne-free. I have very oily skin, and this manages to keep oils at bay. I love that it has 2% salicylic acid. I found out my skin reacts better to SA rather than BP. I triefd ProActiv, but this honestly did sooo much better than other expensive department store brands!
Pros:
-prevents acne (especially painful cysts)
-helps with redness from painful pimples
-has salicylic acid
-treats acne

Cons:
-can be too abrasive on sensitive skin
-fragrance can be an irritant
-doesn't help with whiteheds

Overall, this is a product for mild to light acne. I break out occasionally, and what I'm really suffering from is extremely clogged pores. I found that if I cleanse my face with the Clarisonic and THEN use this scrub, my skin stays clear and maintains its great condition. I would NOT recommend counting on this product to remove your makeup, because the beads can seriously irritate your skin. Remove your makeup with a cloth or a separate makeup remover. It made a noticably huge difference in the way my skin felt and my skin has never been clear. Highly recommend. :]

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2011 11:32:00 PM More reviews by leafsgirl2

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Besides going to a dermatologist, there were only two other times my skin has been perfectly clear using drugstore products. The first was using the neutrogena acne kit. The second time was using this... yep that's right... just this! I LOVE this cleanser/scrub. It removes makeup, cleanses acne and exfoliates to remove blackheads. I used this in march and that whole month and a bit while using it my skin was beautiful, radiant and mainly clear except for the occasional zit! I stopped using neutrogena products to experiment with clean and clear products which do not do wonders for your acne! School is starting soon and my face is a complete mess due to the failure of clean and clear products I used over the summer. I'm switching back to using this product and can't wait to see good results --> CLEAR SKIN again!! :D