October 20, 2014 | 1952 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - Chance Eau Fraiche

rated 3 of 5 on 7/8/2011 9:52:00 PM More reviews by purplelvr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Let me start off by saying that I love the smell of this scent.....but unfortunately, it doesn't mix with my body chemistry. It us a unique smelling fragrance which is why I was attracted to it initially. However, on my skin, the fruity notes are very sharp and sour. Plus, it doesn't last long. I layered the shower mist and the edt. However, the scent only lasted about 4hours. I ended up returning this for the original Chance perfume (which I absolutely love). Another reviewer described Fraiche as a 'sport scent" and I would have to agree with that. It smells like a unisex scent.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2011 6:20:00 PM More reviews by sexysylvia1211

I just bought this and the ''tendre'' chance version and much prefer this one (even though i thought it would be the other way round!) Its very zesty and fresh, but it isnt light...its actually quite strong but still really FRESH. I use this straight after my shower before going to the gym- but I have to admit by the time i get to the gym I can barely smell it. At first its quite strong but dies down quickly. Its perfect for the summer, but I have also just bought bobbi brown's 'almost bare' and I have to say I prefer that- its much lighter and much longer lasting as a summer fragrance. I will keep using this one but would i repurchase? Probably not.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2011 8:53:00 PM More reviews by Miissoni

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Like many others, I was attracted to this scent because I loved the original Chance but wanted a new take on it. I find this one more interesting than the other alternative to Chance - Tendre. The Eau Fraiche dry-down is almost identical to the original Chance, if slightly lighter, which I think is perfect. The start of the fragrance is "green" but not "sparkling," because I don't consider it light, rather, it's floral and zesty. I love the fact that this is an all-day perfume, because it truly lingers on the skin and reminds me of the original Chance.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2011 9:28:00 PM More reviews by junomacguff

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been searching through fragrances for the past month to find the perfect summer scent. So many that I'd tried completely changed after the dry down or didn't last very long at all. I'm not a huge fan of the original Chance, it's a bit too spicy for me. But Eau Fraiche is just that, fresh! Clean, slightly floral, uplifting and long lasting. LOVE! My search is finally over. :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2011 2:22:00 AM More reviews by dioraddict84

When Chanel's original Chance came out, the tag line was "the most unexpected fragrance from Chanel". I must say, this one was unexpected! The fragrance is very fresh and citrus based. I love it! Top notes are citruses and cedar; middle notes are pink pepper, water hyacinth and jasmine; base notes are teak wood, orris, amber, patchouli, vetiver and white musk.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2011 3:47:00 PM More reviews by MissChanel24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this fragrance because i loved the original chance and it was one of my favorites so when this flanker came out i picked it up to use it during the daytime. I love the bottle, the green colour of the perfume... and i love the fresh take on the chance perfume. It smells breezy, fresh with the heart of chance in it. Its very lovely. Great for a summertime fragrance. The staying power isn't that good but i like this scent very much. I would repurchase this as soon as my bottle is finished.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2011 10:28:00 PM More reviews by mmarrs

fresh green scent smells wonderful

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2011 6:13:00 PM More reviews by pennypencil

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

By buying this scent I feel like Iíve joined the zeitgeist! Two of my closest female friends wear this, and they sought it out on their own, and independently made it their scent. One used to wear only Allure and Rochas Mystere, and the otherís two previous signature scents had been Ghost and Emporio Armani She. These girls arenít so similar, but they are both bright and independent, with strong interests and talents Ė one works in publishing, and the other designs fabric art.
I myself purchased Chance Eau Fraiche because my interest in perfumes is so great I allow myself whims. On some people this is fuzzy and honeyed, but on my skin itís aquatic and legume-esque, with a beautiful waterlily heart. The citruses I get are mandarin and lime, and there is something herbaceous to it. This is lightly sweet Ė Iím glad for that, because the sugar keeps it being too cologney. Itís really rather beautiful.
I had planned to wait until my Miss Dior Cherie Líeau had been used up Ė another green, fresh and sweet citrus scent Ė but a gift card from a friend allowed me to cave. I had compliments galore at work today, though when I got home and showed my boyfriend, he remarked on its masculine facets. I think thatís just due to it being fresh; I am trying to imagine it on a man, but itís very pretty. The original Chance was fairly masculine, and the fact you can smell a ghost of that fragrance really adds to the appeal of this, for me. I even tried layering them and the result was quite pleasing.
Itís not that itís wholly unique Ė there are a multitude of really good citrus scents out there (Miss Dior Cherie Líeau, Jíadore Líeau, Jean Paul Gaultier Classique X, Cristalle Eau Verte) Ė itís that itís done so goddamn well. A really masterful creation, which balances the sweet and savoury perfectly.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2010 10:22:00 PM More reviews by prettygurll

I cant get enough of this scent! I love both this one and Eau Tendre. This one has more of a fresh scent with a tiny hint of citrus as opposed to Tendre's light floras scent. I use this more for summer, whereas I use Tendre for spring. They both seem to have the same underlying scents, maybe they have the same notes but you get a very different feeling from either one. When I wear this, i feel playful and energetic. When I wear Tendre, I feel Flirty and sweet. I love both perfumes equally. The only thing I hate is that they discontinued the smaller bottle, which sucks because I can never finish a big bottle since i change scents so much.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2010 1:11:00 AM More reviews by dkrum

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have never had more compliments on fragrance like I have with this perfume. People come up to me right and left asking what I am wearing - men and women alike. I love the way it makes me feel.. almost unstoppable. I am almost selfish enough not to recommend it to anyone else. Just kidding. It's a great, clean, long lasting sent. But not exactly for everyone. My suggestion - test it on your skin and see if it's for you. Good luck!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No