MAC 227 Large Fluff Brush

4.8

brush hair very good

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

i LOVE this brush, great for highlights, i use it to cover up spots with loose powder and under the eyes to stop my eyeliner from smudging. when i wear eyeshadow i normally fluff the excess pigment off with this too. if i dont like my eyeshadow a few hours later without ruining all my other makeup i put a little makeup remover on it and sweep away =)

on 3/12/2010 4:42:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Great brush for washes of colour, highlight on face and eyebrow and also setting concealer. Good quality and a joy to use.

on 3/2/2010 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I didn't know what I was missing with this brush. It's huge & doesn't look like it would work at all for your eye, but I was wrong wrong wrong. This brush is amazing for adding a total wash of color over the whole eyelid, but for me...it's amazing for blending. I honestly like it even better than the 224. In my opinion...a must have. Would definitely repurchase, but like all my other MAC brushes, with good care, will probably last forever.

on 2/26/2010 5:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Gorgeous fluffy workhorse brush with multiple uses. You can use it for almost any powder product application, both on cheeks and eyes. Great for applying or blending highlighter on upper cheekbones, or contouring sides of nose; can be used as a crease brush and blending brush for all-over washes of eyeshadow. Hard to imagine anyone not being pleased with this brush, and if you look after it, it will last forever.

on 2/10/2010 10:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I heard so many rave reviews about this brush and they are all true! It's the perfect brush for highlighting, brow bone or check bone. It is kind of awkard to use at first because it is kind of chunky but it is awesome! I don't know how I lived without it.

on 2/10/2010 7:06:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I use this brush everyday to apply a base colour to my lid up to my browbone, I use it to blend out the crease colour and to apply my highlight to brow bone and cheeks. Very versatile.

When I went to purchase it I was told not to use it on my eye area by the SA, I can't understand why, it is soft and does not irritate my eyes at all.

I could not live without this and my 217.

on 2/10/2010 6:40:00 AM

I like it but I don't love it. It is a really big brush so I don't use use it for highlighting or to correct the shape of my dark contour colours around the brow area. It's way too large for my small eyes for that. I like it an allover wash of colour or for highlighting the tops of the cheekbones with powder products though. Wiorks great for that!

on 1/28/2010 2:47:00 PM

I bought this while MAC was having their F&F sale. I heard such great things about this product, but was utterly disseminated when I received it. The brush is nice and dense, but the brush is HUGE! It was very unexpected to me. The only use I find for this brush is if I quickly want to pack on some color all over my eyes. I think I can manage doing that with my 224 or any drugstore eyeshadow brush though. I really wish that I could have liked it. I probably have only touched it 3 times :(

on 1/19/2010 2:37:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

A staple in my collection now for use on the browbone. I'd seen it used in youtube tutorials for that purpose and thought it was awfully big for such a small space, but I tried it nevertheless, and it works well for me. It's also great at erasing or cleaning up the outer V if I get too carried away or just want a sharper edge.

on 1/18/2010 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This is the best MAC brush out of the six that I own! It's the perfect highlighting brush, and if you bring it around the outer edges of your crease area, it will cover up your "too far out" crease and make it look really natural :) Another great thing about this brush is yo can have an all over color in seconds :) with 1 swipe!!!!

yes its 28 dollars but It's worth it....I definitely recommend it over all mac brushes.