October 21, 2014 | 1991 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Nivea - Skin Firming & Toning Gel Cream

rated 1 of 5 on 8/26/2008 5:20:00 PM More reviews by Yuufa

Just an average bodymilk, smells good.
A cream to "cure" cellulite just doens't exist.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2008 12:36:00 PM More reviews by shannonmiller

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've put off leaving a review for this product for as long as I could. I've been using it for about a month and a half and am almost out of my second tube. After using it twice a day I have unfortunately not noticed much difference. The tube is really pretty and my skin feels soft after the lotion absorbes, but the results are slim to none. The scent is very perfumy and strong and it is very sticky for the first 10-15 minutes after application. The idea of this product is great, but the name "Goodbye Cellulite" is an overstatement. We all want a miracle cream, but this isn't it. Exercise and eating well is a lot harder than rubbing lotion on myself, but it is much more effective. I think I'll save $10 and keep on exercising.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/21/2008 10:09:00 PM More reviews by nenaden

I like most girls in the world have tried and tested many anti-cellulite creams and I guess that the best results I have gotten so far are with the Vichy lyposine and after wasting money on 2 bottles of this Nivea thing (which I found absolutely useless) I went back to Vichy and purchased the new version of lyposine: lipo-metric, I will update my review if I see good results. My advice is don't waste your money on cheap treatments, instead save a little bit more and buy a good one!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2008 5:45:00 PM More reviews by mam311

First let me say I know there is no magical lotion to get rid of cellulite, but anything is worth a try. I do work out, but I still have "bad spots" on my legs. If used regularly i can see a difference, not huge but my legs seem firmer, and the "bad spots" are less noticeable. As others have mentioned, I did find this to be a little sticky, maybe because it's a gel, it seems to go away after it's absorbed. The smell is pretty strong, good thing it fades quick! As far as the price, it's kinda high for a drug store lotion, but not as bad as a department store. I like this product and I would recommend it for people who don't have a ton of money to spend on similar products. It's worth a try!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2008 7:33:00 PM More reviews by angeleyes022

Wow! I actually love the smell of this. It reminds me exactly of Tommy Hilfiger's "Tommy" (for women). The texture is a light gel that spreads very easily. It is only slightly sticky. My skin soaked it up immediately. For reference, I am 25 years old, 5'4 and weigh approximately 115 pounds. Guess that would be considered average, however I do not exercise and am starting to notice some dimpling on my buttocks and upper thighs which I am quite self-conscious about. I can tell you when I looked in the mirror before, it looked like I had all these little dimply lines going down - kind of like "wrinkles" - this has definitely worked to smooth them! I can't believe it - so happy I tried this on a whim and ignored all the negative reviews.

For mild cellulite - definitely worked for me. I know I need to work on my diet / exercise (and I will!) - but in the meantime - this is definitely helping and makes me feel a lot better.

Go for it!

Will definitely repurchase!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2008 4:04:00 PM More reviews by bee224

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I dont have that much cellulite, but i do have a few dimples around my thighs. When purchasing this product, I didn't expect it to make anything completely vanish, which it didnt. But after 4 weeks, i feel that my thigh area is so much softer and the dimples/cellulite that i did have was not as noticible as before. The area also feels a lot firmer than before. Overall, I'm pretty happy with it. I've used it consistently twice a day and still have a lot of product left, which i will continue to use. I will probably buy this product again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2008 4:10:00 PM More reviews by departureofskies

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I think most people have unrealistic expectations when they use this product. A miracle cream that eliminates all cellulite does not exist.
That being said, this works pretty darn good. I exercise regularly but I still had some dimples that bothered me. After a month of using this stuff twice a day, my thighs and butt (where I get cellulite) are much, much smoother. I still have a little cellulite but that is to be expected. It has definitely improved a lot though. Some people have complained about the smell but it doesn't bother me and it fades quickly.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2008 5:58:00 PM More reviews by discoredhd

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Not a miracle in a bottle, but definitely delivered some firmness and some of the smaller "dimples" seemed a lot less noticeable. I'm usually very sensitive to smells and this doesn't bother me.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/18/2008 3:47:00 AM More reviews by pyewaket

I bought this based on the good reviews here and because I was curious about its effectiveness on cellulite. Well, it doesn't do anything to improve the look of my cellulite and I don't even have that much. No firming action, no temporary smoothing, no cooling feeling, nada. Don't waste your money on this!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/16/2008 9:58:00 PM More reviews by rukpong

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After 3 weeks of using AM/PM, I found it's completely a waste of time and money.

THere is almost no improvement in Cellulite. It's even worse than L'oreal Perfect Slim that I used to use (Although L'oreal gives temporary improvement but you can still feel something).
Now I switched to Clarins Total Lift Minceur and I've seen a lot better improvement.