Maybelline Define A Lash

3.3

Ingredients from packaging: Isodecane, Cera Alba/Beeswax, Cera Carnauba Wax, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Water (Agua), Allyl Stearate/VA Copolymer, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Wax, Paraffin, Alcohol Denat., Polyvinyl Laurate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Propylene Carbonate, Talc, Ethylenediamine/Stearyl Dimer Dilinoleate Copolymer, PEG 30 Glyceryl Stearate, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, May Contain ( /-):, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides)

on 1/22/2013 5:05:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This was my go-to mascara for a long time. It is solid and does its job well. It's fairly unremarkable; it's not GREAT, but there's nothing in particular counting against it. It is a bit clumpy, but not overly so. In the end, I'm not a huge fan of the straight brush, so this isn't my favourite mascara, but it will do in a pinch.

on 1/22/2013 1:23:00 AM

Wow. I didn't know mascara could fail this much. It has a very fine wand, (plastic) that is super flexible so it really doesn't apply the formula too well. When I applied my first coat, it almost looked like I had nothing on my lashes, and after attempting a second coat, it was clump city meets scary spider legs. No volume, not much definition, and no length. Also, crappy formula (the black looks grey). I wish I could give it a negative rating.

on 12/24/2012 3:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I only use this type of mascara. I use the waterproof, as well as, the regular formula. I have used very expensive brands of mascara that have not produced the results this mascara does. Several of my friends have asked if I have exceptionally long lashes to start or use Latisse and I don't. I have a normal amount of lashes and I think they are of normal length, but this mascara really brings them out and lengthens without clumps or flakes. I typically apply two or three coats, allowing each coat to dry for ten minutes before applying the next. Many times I go completely without makeup EXCEPT for one coat of this mascara. I have taken pictures of the tube and forwarded it to two of my girl friends that want to know what I use. I've stuck with this brand for several years and don't see if changing. You can't beat the price and convenience of grabbing it in the drugstore. The only con I have is the waterproof mascara is difficult to remove (keep in mind I apply a few coats). I have yet to find an eye makeup remover I love as much as this mascara.

on 12/8/2012 1:02:00 PM

Brilliant results at first, but throughout the day, even with curling, the lashes tend to look lacklustre and nothing like they did when was first applied to the lashes, unfortunately. Only suitable as an every day low maintenance looking mascara, has no volume building quality whatsoever. Not too keen on the wiggly brush either, can make things veerrrry messy.
However, saying that, try team this up with a second coat of volumising mascara and you have a set of amazing looking eyelashes.

on 12/6/2012 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Worst ever. Hello spiky eye lashes, and it flakes GALORE!

on 11/4/2012 8:50:00 PM

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

Horrible, wait, this is the worst mascara ever made. I was desperate since I forgot mine on a trip. It sounded good enough, but it wasn't even close. It's in the garbage now. It's crap.

on 10/18/2012 3:03:00 PM

Worst mascara I have ever used and I've tried many from drugstore to high end department store kinds. I get very similar results to the pics that have been posted by another reviewer and maybe it's just a matter of preference that I don't like this look for mascara. This mascara "defines" all my lashes into three big spikes for one scary look. The flimsy, wobbly stem and brush annoys me to no end, though other reviewers seem to like it. I feel like it gives me absolutely no control over how I put the mascara on. Forget wiggling the brush at the roots, it just makes the mascara go everywhere! My lashes are long and plentiful enough for me, it's just they're blonde and can't be seen without mascara. I'm looking for simple definition without flaking or smearing. And because I wear contacts, any kind of flaking is not an option (oh the pain!!!). This flakes like crazy, even brand new. I will also add that it dries out faster, as well.

on 10/16/2012 2:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hands down the best mascara Ive ever used. Good work, Mabelline! Finally, a mascara that doesnt clump and delivers what it promises. I put my first layer on, wait until just before I walk out the door and apply another layer. I am lucky to have quite long eyelashes naturally, and this product is the best.

on 10/15/2012 4:24:00 PM

I have always loved this product! I have used it for about 4 years and about a year ago I had to buy another tube because I was out of it. This new tube of mascara caused me to have a horrible eye problem. My eye was swollen to the point of not even being able to open it. So, I believe they changed the formula and added something I'm allergic to...not happy >:(

on 10/15/2012 11:07:00 AM

one of my favorites. does not clump lashes and gives them length and volume