Maybelline Define A Lash

3.3

Ingredients from packaging: Isodecane, Cera Alba/Beeswax, Cera Carnauba Wax, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Water (Agua), Allyl Stearate/VA Copolymer, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Wax, Paraffin, Alcohol Denat., Polyvinyl Laurate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Propylene Carbonate, Talc, Ethylenediamine/Stearyl Dimer Dilinoleate Copolymer, PEG 30 Glyceryl Stearate, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, May Contain ( /-):, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides)

on 2/23/2013 9:46:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Great mascara, and especially for the price. It really defines your eyelashes without clumping at all. It doesn't do much for volumizing, but if you are looking for definition - this is the best bang for your buck. I use this mascara every day, many days that is all I wear, and I will continue to buy the product. Does not dry up easily either. Highly recommended!

on 2/18/2013 12:16:00 AM

I've tried a lot of the lower cost drugstore mascaras (I'm not a fan spending a lot of money on something that will only last a few months before going bad) and this is one of the better ones. It does separate the lashes and lasts a very long time without smudging. It takes a lot to remove this product and that to me is a good sign of long lasting effectiveness. I only wish it would thicken the lashes better, but it's touted as a definition mascara, so I guess I can't complain too much

on 2/17/2013 11:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

The first mascara I ever bought and the best one that's ever worked for me. When people ask you what mascara you're wearing, that's usually a bad sign because you've either applied too much or your eyelashes look fake, but I've never received such a question while wearing this.
I can't really say a lot about the mascara, other than the fact that I've never stabbed myself in the eye when putting it on and the fact that it makes my lashes natural-looking but still very long. The wand does not create clumps or streak and it's impossible to tell that you're wearing any.
If you have long eyelashes that don't need a lot of enhancement, this mascara would probably work very well for you.

on 2/17/2013 5:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I've gone through several tubes of this mascara. Great for everyday use. I prefer a pretty dramatic look and this is perfect because it's jet black and holds a curl well. I've always had a preference for maybelline mascaras because I prefer a wet formula. This will probably continue to be one of the mascaras I rotate through!

on 1/27/2013 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I have thick naturally curled lashes that really require definition. This works great for me. It separates my lashes nicely and makes them look defined, without clumping or going on too thick. It makes them almost look like a good set of falsies. Warning, if you have thin, straight lashes, this won't help you much. The wand is a bit fragile and it dries out a bit quicker than expected. Otherwise, this is my go-to mascara.

on 1/22/2013 5:05:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This was my go-to mascara for a long time. It is solid and does its job well. It's fairly unremarkable; it's not GREAT, but there's nothing in particular counting against it. It is a bit clumpy, but not overly so. In the end, I'm not a huge fan of the straight brush, so this isn't my favourite mascara, but it will do in a pinch.

on 1/22/2013 1:23:00 AM

Wow. I didn't know mascara could fail this much. It has a very fine wand, (plastic) that is super flexible so it really doesn't apply the formula too well. When I applied my first coat, it almost looked like I had nothing on my lashes, and after attempting a second coat, it was clump city meets scary spider legs. No volume, not much definition, and no length. Also, crappy formula (the black looks grey). I wish I could give it a negative rating.

on 12/24/2012 3:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I only use this type of mascara. I use the waterproof, as well as, the regular formula. I have used very expensive brands of mascara that have not produced the results this mascara does. Several of my friends have asked if I have exceptionally long lashes to start or use Latisse and I don't. I have a normal amount of lashes and I think they are of normal length, but this mascara really brings them out and lengthens without clumps or flakes. I typically apply two or three coats, allowing each coat to dry for ten minutes before applying the next. Many times I go completely without makeup EXCEPT for one coat of this mascara. I have taken pictures of the tube and forwarded it to two of my girl friends that want to know what I use. I've stuck with this brand for several years and don't see if changing. You can't beat the price and convenience of grabbing it in the drugstore. The only con I have is the waterproof mascara is difficult to remove (keep in mind I apply a few coats). I have yet to find an eye makeup remover I love as much as this mascara.

on 12/8/2012 1:02:00 PM

Brilliant results at first, but throughout the day, even with curling, the lashes tend to look lacklustre and nothing like they did when was first applied to the lashes, unfortunately. Only suitable as an every day low maintenance looking mascara, has no volume building quality whatsoever. Not too keen on the wiggly brush either, can make things veerrrry messy.
However, saying that, try team this up with a second coat of volumising mascara and you have a set of amazing looking eyelashes.

on 12/6/2012 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Worst ever. Hello spiky eye lashes, and it flakes GALORE!