July 23, 2014 | 2070 users online

Fragrances - Philosophy - Inner Grace EDP

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2007 1:55:00 PM More reviews by kellsbells0802

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

OK had to put my 2 scents :) in here. This fragrance is the best philosophy has and I have them all, it is clean and fresh and no where do I smell anything that resembles old or cheap like some of the reviewers are saying. Maybe its Your body chemistry that is making it smell that way because I own almost every cologne that is out there and this is one that has made men women and children stop me and ask what I am wearing because I smell so good.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2007 2:38:00 PM More reviews by SophieH

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am floored by the sheer beauty, grace, and gorgeousness of this product. It's perfect for people whose tastes are in between the juvenalia of typical "clean" scents (cough, cough, Amazing Grace) and the art-for-art's-sake unapproachability of designer and boutique fragrances. This one is grown-up and serious, yet clean, fluttery, feminine, and sooo smellable. The scent almost makes your eyes water from how clean and soothing it is. Spraying it on yourself is utter heaven. (Try the Body Spritz for lower commitment/price...it's both moisturizer and fragrance "lingerie".) It's such a soothing, restorative scent. It reminds me of a bath full of flowers. You aren't hit with thoughts of particular "notes" (though this has muguet I think), just a deep whiff of AHHH and I LOVE THIS. It's the fragrance equivalent of a pale, wispy, feather-colored, tissue-soft peau-de-soie scarf. In my opinion BETTER than Narciso Rodriguez, better than Lovely and better than diamonds--almost.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2007 3:28:00 PM More reviews by rjdcccslp

I absolutely love this perfume. I am very surprised at how many terrible reviews it has been getting considering how many compliments I receive when I am wearing it. To me it smells how my hair does after having my hair styled with Aveda products at the salon I go to. I absolutely love this, and the staying power is much better than Amazing Grace, which I also have.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2007 8:28:00 PM More reviews by knox

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

ABSOLUTELY DIVINE! I NEVER THOUGHT I COULD LOVE ANOTHER FRAGRANCE AS MUCH AS PURE GRACE BUT THIS IS EQUALLY IF NOT BETTER. PHILOSOPHY HAS DONE IT AGAIN! SO CLEAN AND FRESH. NOT OVERPOWERING AT ALL. MY FRAGRANCE FOREVER!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2007 11:53:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

I'm genuinely surprised at the bad reviews. I don't think Inner Grace is nearly as bad as people are making it out to be (maybe it's a case of dashed expectations?) It's not remarkable, certainly, but it's not an awful stench either (and I am rather sensitive to fragrance, particularly musky ones like this and usually hate 99% of perfumes that I try). It's just more blah than anything else. Very drugstore.

This starts out a little sharp and fumey, but settles down into a fairly sweet, low-key, flowery musk. On my skin, it reminds me a tiny bit of Kiehl's Original Musk Oil, but waaaaay toned down, more of a perfume and less of a skin scent than the Kiehl's. I agree that this scent is a bit on the 'mature' side, compared to the other Graces. This one is stronger, for sure, more like a 'real' perfume (though nothing close to the usual department store offering). But it doesn't reek of old lady in the bad way that the Kiehls' oil did (a fusty, fleshy, old person scent). No, Inner Grace reminds me of a favorite high school teacher or a favorite aunt: unpretentious, good-natured, unabashedly feminine.

I still prefer Amazing Grace and Pure Grace overall, but Inner Grace is worth a try at least.
continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2007 1:16:00 AM More reviews by Gumah

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm with mamalizzie down below - I am totally shocked at the negative reviews of this fragrance. I personally find it absolutely lovely. I am an avid user of Amazing Grace and several of Philosophys skin care as well, so I was intrigued when this new fragrance came out several months ago. One wiff at a Macy's counter and I was hooked. It's a lovely lily fragrance, not overly strong at all or overly sweet. It is very feminine and lovely. What more can I say.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2007 2:22:00 AM More reviews by Angel_Ling

This started off so promising -- like clean, warm dryer sheets ( = heaven). And what a pretty purple color! I very nearly bought this on the spot. Thank goodness I didn't, because after about 30 minutes, the scent turned into pure musk. Gah. Not even just white, clean musk -- just pure, generic musk. And I don't like musk. Definitely test it out first.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2007 7:10:00 PM More reviews by staci01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

This is going to be my scent for this upcoming Fall! I was going to hold off till September to wear IG but after recently receiving a bottle I ordered I couldn't wait. Perfectly cozy and warm I detect a bit of what I think is vanilla, and dare I say, patchouli? I can't recall how Lovely smells, though I do remember that I liked it when I was able to sniff at Sephora, so I can't compare their similarities. If this does really smell close to Lovely then I'm happy since I'm not a fan of SJP so I've not bought a bottle of Lovely because it's her fragrance. I do think that the asking price is a tad much BUT I am happy to say that I've been wearing this for over two hours and it's not faded (!) as philosophy scents famously tend to do! I really do not think that the IG body spritz is needed, as the website suggests,for layering in order to keep up the strength of the scent. I emailed philosphy for a list of IG's fragrance notes, since the husband does not like patch, but they said that they don't give that out. That the feelings one gets while wearing/smelling IG is what Christina,the head of philosophy, is going after. OK. Whatever. Very much a great fragrance!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2007 9:14:00 AM More reviews by fanforreal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

To me it smells like a sweeter version of Narcisco and SJP'S Lovely. I don't know. These types of fragrances don't work well on my chemistry.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/25/2007 9:13:00 AM More reviews by JJQ333

Remember the days of leaving the beauty salon with your hair permed, and the terrible smell in your hair for the next few days? This fragrance smells just like that! No wonder a review below mentions a "burnt" smell ... it's burnt hair!

Glad all I got is a little sample.