Make Up For Ever Duo Mat Powder foundation Powder

Talc, Dimethicone, Mica, Magnesium Stearate, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Zinc Stearate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Aqua (Water), Dimethiconol, Chlorphenesin, Ethylparaben, Methylparaben, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Tetrasodium EDTA, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Glycerin, Dicaprylyl Ether, Phenoxyethanol, Cassia Angustifolia Extract (Cassia Angustifolia Seed Polysaccharide), Parfum (Fragrance), Gellan Gum, Polyglyceryl-2 Dipolyhydroxystearate, Ethylparaben. May Contain: CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

on 11/12/2012 12:50:00 AM

Excellent face powder for oily skins. Sets foundation or can be used alone for light coverage. Very good at absorbing oil throughout the day with minor touch ups. I have not had a problem with the powder darkening as it absorbs the oil. I have tried Benefits Hello Flawless and MAC Blot Powder, and prefer this for the colour match to my skin. I will definitely repurchase.

on 11/8/2012 8:15:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

After searching high and low for a good powder foundation, I think I may have found it with this product. I have tried Studio fix, Revlon, Cover fx and countless other foundations, but this finally does the trick for me. The undertones in this makeup are dead on for me. I tend to have a warm orange undertone, not red and not yellow. All the powders seemed to be either too red or too yellow. This is PERFECT. When the MUA tried it on me I was shocked, maybe because I was used to being disappointed. I came home and tried it on (because sometimes the lighting can make a BIG difference) and it was perfect again. It was so natural looking. I am so relieved. I also has not caused any breakouts. I do wish it was a little cheaper, but sometimes you have to pay the price for something that works. I am an NW45 in Mac foundation, and 216 in MUFE.

on 11/7/2012 9:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

This is admittedly my very first powder foundation. I got the colour 209 which makes me look like an oompa loompa within a couple of hours. This can be confusing, when first applied, this goes on chalky, powdery and heavy. A few hours later, I would turn into an oil slick. Ick. I don't get all the love. I've tried using a kabuki brush and wet sponge, dry sponge, whatever. It's still dry, chalky, yet it makes me greasy in a few hours. The coverage is pretty good but it slides off very quickly. Will never repurchase.

on 10/23/2012 2:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I don't know whether to love this or hate this. I used to be a huge MAC addict and only used studiofix powder (I'm an NC45). I switched to MUFE in early September. When the makeup artist at Sephora applied it on me, I liked it a lot. It was combined with the MUFE primer. The makeup felt very lightweight compared to MAC, barely there and looked natural.

In the morning, I apply my moisturizer and primer, followed by this powder and MAC mineralized concealer. I don't apply bronzer and instead use a mineralized bronzed blush by MAC. The time of completion is 6:30 A.M.

By 12 P.M., I'm pretty shiny and have to use MAC pressed blot powder and blotting sheets. I have to again retouch by 5 P.M.

I don't recall having to retouch so much with my stayed pretty matte throughout the day. The only pro that this has compared to MAC is that it offers a very natural color, whereas MAC leaves me looking a bit grayish. Also, this offers better buildable coverage.

I've also noticed that I this causes me to break out in tiny MAC didn't do that, which may be surprising. I hope that my skin can just get used to this powder..

I'm almost running out, and I'm not sure if i'll repurchase it. This lasts way shorter than MAC's studiofix and is way more expensive.

Skin: Very Oily, Deep Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I haven't actually purchased this yet but tried it on and received a sample to take home. I have chocolate colored skin so I tried on #218/"Chocolate". It was a good match but a just a itty bitty on the red side. I actually don't mind a little red because without it, powders tend to look gray/ashy on dark skin. Also, it feels a little on the heavy side. Overall, I do like it and will decide this week if I want to purchase it.

UPDATE-- I purchased this and love it. I narrowed my favorite powders down to this and Clinique Stay Matte in Sienna. This provides a little more coverage for my discolorations and it controls shines a lot better than Clinique's. Also, I've had it on for a few hours and no oxidation so far.... think I may have found the ONE!!

2nd UPDATE- LOVE LOVE LOVE this!!! This powder does not change colors. My only minor complaint is the two sided sponge applicator leaves your fingers a little dirty. I will repurchase this product.

3rd UPDATE- I still like this product but the coverage too heavy. It also flies everywhere when you apply it. I prefer the Pro Finish powder by MUFE. T

on 10/19/2012 4:05:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This product doesnt work for me, Its does not really control much of the oil, coverage was ok - when you applied a lot but my face got a bit patchy after a while. The only pro was it doesnt cause my sensitive skin outbreak.

on 9/23/2012 2:17:00 PM

I got this about a week ago and I really like it! I wear it over my Dr. Jart BB cream and love the finish the two products together give. it is a medium to full coverage powder foundation. I apply it using a powder brush rather than the sponge that's included with it. I think the sponge would give it heavier coverage but it would also LOOK and feel heavier so that's why I don't use the sponge. I have acne prone skin and this has not caused me to break out. if I was going to break out, I would have already so I'm pretty confident this will not break me out. hopefully it lasts a while, it's on the expensive side... I'm planning on repurchasing because I do love it. but if it runs out quick, then I may not be able to repurchase. Also I have this in shade 200 and it matches my fair neutral skin very well.

on 9/16/2012 8:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The only powder foundation that lasts on my very oily skin. It also does not break me out, gives great coverage and lasts about 4-5 hours before I have to dab just a little on my t-zone. I also love how this sets my Revlon Whipped Creme foundation. I apply this with the elf studio flat top powder brush and my skin looks super flawless. I had this compact for about a year and when I first used it, I have to say I wasn't so much of a fan. At the time I was using a rounded powder brush and the product would cake around my chin so I retired it for about a couple of months. Then one day I decided to give it another shot with my new elf brush. For some reason this works perfectly with a flat top kabuki or any flat top brush. I don't know why, but either way it's HG status and I will be buying a replacement soon since I am running out.

on 8/28/2012 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been a faithful user of this compact ever since i tried it! Its the one thing that makes my face look good in photos since its got no SPF and it has a marvelous yellow undertone - which meant a lot for me since everything i tried from etude to MAC studiofix is either too pink or too grey - This had the most perfect color match for me that it just looked like my skin if it were perfect and spot-free! Im NC25 in studiofix-which still greyish on me - and 202 in this baby.

I dont mind the fact that after a few hours my skin gets back to oily, whats important is that it DOESNT slide around and STREAKS as many other foundie/compact do. Plus even after my face gets shiny, the coverage stays put and so does the color!

I dont really mind the packaging, i dont think the glossy plastic is that bad, the sponge i dont use cos i feel the holes just leave me wondering too much on how much dust it's collected lol, the magnetic closure i appreciate though, never will it be not closed properly if i was in a hurry and forget to press down enoughto shut it. The mirror is kind of small, almost like its a joke, but i'm the type that touches up in the ladies room w large mirrors anyway so it doesn't bother me much.

It IS quite a hefty price to pay for a less than average amount of product, however i would rather they kept the quality of this product high as it is than to have more product that doesn't work and ends up in the bin, untouched, 2 yrs later.

It sometimes gives me small-tiny breakouts, esp when the air is too hot/humid and im out fr morning till late night - afterwards my oily face + the powder would def clog my pores, but when i stayed indoors w adequate cooling, this wouldnt break me out at all...

this never gave me cysts when im using it, unlike studiofix which gave me horrible dented scars which im still trying to fix. my skin is sensitive-acne prone- and easily reddens with even a slight /accidental scratch

Hope this helps :)

on 8/25/2012 7:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Wow, I'm completely impressed. I just bought the lightest shade, and like other reviewers note, it is a bit yellow, but that balances out my pink and red discoloration. A good trick I like to use is to put a little foundation on your chest and the backs of your hands so that your face doesn't clash with the rest of your skin. I do this with every foundation. Nothing's ever really an exact match, and this makes a big difference.

I have been looking for something to matte down my sunscreen, that looks natural, won't cake up over a zinc heavy formula (I use the Shiseido SPF 60 in the blue bottle), and gives real coverage. This is it. It hits every mark, and gives a flawless, naturally perfect look with an eggshell matte texture. It even covers my dark circles perfectly, without the usual ultra-fake or cakey look over that delicate, textured, under-eye skin. I have a bit of orange-peel skin around my nose where the pores are more pronounced, and this really covers and hides that. All other foundations and powders have made it worse, but not this one.

Yes, my crow's feet show when I smile, but anything matte will do that, and I find that adding a dab of moisturizer on top of those areas helps a lot. When they invent a foundation product that doesn't show fine lines, I'll eat my shoe (okay, I won't really -- I'll just buy that foundation). Even when I was 16, my crow's feet showed when I put foundation or powder on -- this one's one of the less severe products where that's concerned.

With every other foundation or concealer I use, application technique is 80% of the result, and I have to be really careful not to mess it up, but applying Duo Mat with the sponge that comes with it is really foolproof. It's like I'm erasing discoloration and texture problems with a sweep of the sponge. It's Photoshop in-the-flesh.

Not only is this great for everyday use, but I just discovered that I look brand spanking fresh after an hour of heavy dance rehearsal too, so I'm happy to say this will be my new performance makeup. It's especially nice for that purpose, as it comes in such a slim little case with a mirror and sponge, and goes on with no fuss. I can't even go into how awful covering my rosacea for shows has been, with sliding, thick makeup that looks like hell by the time I even get to the stage. For that reason, this is a godsend.

I think my liquid foundation HG will now be relegated to the evening, when I'm not wearing foundation and I want a more glowing, soft look. This slim little disk of magically perfect skin is my new HG. I really wish I'd found it sooner.