October 21, 2014 | 1619 users online

Mascara - Christian Dior - Diorshow Black Out Mascara

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2012 9:43:00 PM More reviews by drmngangel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

All the hype and recs for this mascara made me want to try it. It didn't work for me. This mascara clumps a lot, even after wiping the wand the look was clumpy. I tried to fix the clumping by using my lash comb which made my lashes look almost spidery. After applying two coats (worse after three) I lost the curl in my lash and ended up with stick straight lashes. After letting the mascara dry, I curled my lashes again and lost some product making my lashes even more spidery. This mascara also smudged and I ended up with raccoon eyes. I really wanted to love this mascara because I'm tired of searching for the right mascara for me. My lash goal is length and volume, and this didn't work very well for me. Won't be purchasing this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2012 1:21:00 AM More reviews by italiana800

This is my HG mascara, of all time. It gives incredible added length, dries quickly, amazing blackness/intense color, this holds a curl very well, DOES NOT FLAKE (which is the most amazing part about this). The only thing I will say, is that this mascara tends to clump easily if you do not apply it carefully. I love how big the bottle is & the brush. I love the effect this gives, very dramatic. But, you have to be very careful with this so it defines your lashes, instead of clumping them together. This mascara is expensive (around $30), but I think this mascara is worth every penny. Overall, IF you are careful....you will get a great effect/result. & of course I will continue to buy this mascara! I've tried so many & none have came close to this one!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2012 8:06:00 PM More reviews by plasticbambi

I love this mascara. This is the blackest mascara I've used but, it actually isn't that great for thickening and lengthening lashes. Although you won't have to worry about clumps unless you use the primer which I do not suggest.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2012 3:52:00 PM More reviews by NYCBeauty99

My review is for the waterproof version. I bought the waterproof version for my wedding. I usually don't use waterproof mascara. Anyway, every time I used this mascara, I lost lashes. I remove my eye makeup with the same remover every night. I rarely lose lashes. When I used this, I lost 4-5 lashes. At first I thought it was a coincidence. However, this happened each time I wore this. Yes, it is a great and intense color, but it's not worth me losing my lashes.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2012 4:00:00 PM More reviews by yianamatthews

I personally have very short, straight and thick lashes, and all I can say about finding this product is thank gosh. I initially went to the Dior counter to buy regular Diorshow and the saleswoman recommended this one since I told her I wanted major drama, and one of her clients who is a news anchor on TV swears by it. This mascara truly emulates the look of false lashes. It is extremely thick and dense and dark in formula, but since I reserve it for a night out, I don't mind that it takes an extra thirty seconds to fully take off. The formula itself isn't too dry or too wet, although it does stay wet for long enough to comb your lashes if you wanted to or curl them with the spoon method. It does not flake or clump either. I actually feel bad for my collection of false lashes and lash glues because ever since I found this product, they've been used about twice in the past three months. I honestly don't need them anymore. I use Clinique High Impact Mascara on an everyday basis, and I use this one when I'm either going out at night or have a big day ahead. I recognize that it is pricey, but the formula lasts for EVER so I see it as a smart investment every three months. I recommend it to EVERYBODY, especially the people that stop me in passing to compliment my "false lashes." I strongly urge you try it. As a side note, I use another small-brushed Clinique mascara I don't particularly like on my bottom lashes because I don't like for them to be too prominent, and if I used Diorshow Blackout on them they'd look fake too. Just thought I'd mention it in case anyone has the same complaint. And if you ever DO wear false lashes with this, it makes your real ones and fake ones blend seamlessly! GO BUY IT! :) I honestly feel like I have been waiting for years to find a product this amazing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2012 4:31:00 AM More reviews by cgw1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is hands down the best mascara I've tried that works amazing on its own. It's the blackest mascara I've ever used--even blacker than loreal carbon black voluminous IMO. It does smudge though which don't like. It gives great volume which is what I need and ok length. The price kills me though I seriously don't want to spend that kind of money on a mascara every 3 months. This does clump so it's necessary to use a lash comb. My mom who has the tiniest lases I've ever seen actually has lashes that you can see when she wears this!!! I really recommend this for people with tiny lashes. Although I like it I won't buy again. I've found my hgs and they're ds mascaras which is great. (loreal voluminous carbon black And maybelline the falsies in case you're wondering)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2012 8:59:00 AM More reviews by Sophieexx

I love this mascara! It gives so much volume in just one coat, and with two my lashes look beautiful! I honestly would buy any other mascara now apart from this one. I have had it for a little over two months now and it staying strong and still looks amazing, but the formula has definately gone past its best, however i still use this mascara daily and adore it! It doest go flaky or loose volume and doesn't smudge easily, i even went in the shower, and it stayed on perfectly, i was amazed! Overall a fabulous mascara :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2012 3:38:00 PM More reviews by Laiscg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great volumizing mascara! The brush is bigger than average, so it gets a lot of product on the eyelashes (it also always gets some product on the eyelid as well, that I have to clean after with a cotton bud, but that's fine with me). But it doesn't clump or stick the eyelashes together. No flaking either. It also tends to smear a bit if I sweat, but I don't mind as I think it's expected with the amount of mascara that I put whenever I use it ;-) Overall, it's perfect for those who like strong and dramatic eyelashes!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/7/2012 12:25:00 PM More reviews by nettiepoo

This is the worst mascara I've ever used. I read some reviews on Sephora.com that were comparing it to one of my faves (Lancome Hypnose Drama) So, I was hoping to find something comparible to it without it drying out so fast. I have tried layering it with other mascaras..a big no! nothing worked. The formula is awful and the wand does not completly screw into a locked position. I have medium long lashes and even when I curl them and use this product it's a big mess with clumping lashes together and not holding a curl.

Also, when taking this off at night there is thick black gel-like goo all under my eyes even after using eye mu remover. This was my first Dior purchase. I will be returning this for sure! Benefit They're Real mascara is a far superior product to this (I feel) I tend to use mascara with a dark black pigment and alot of volume and seperation,fyi. I hope this helps someone. I don't like to bash on these cosmetics products or anything in general, but I feel honest opinions in reviewing anything is needed. Esp since cosmetics can be very expensive. And, I feel paying this much for a product it should be perform adequetly.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/28/2012 5:46:00 PM More reviews by nick18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really had high hopes for this mascara but unforunetly it was a fail. I have decent lengthed lashes so I like alot of volume and drama, this gave great seperation and length barley any volume though even with the color being so dark still didnt give me the look I wanted. My lashes looked like thin sticks and to even add thickness you have to let coats dry which I hate.