August 28, 2014 | 1114 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Fresh Farmacy

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2012 10:51:00 AM More reviews by Debdeb123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Yes, could this be my HG??? I wish I had used this sooner.
My skin has recently been insanely oily, I mean it's always oily but it was like, insane. Fresh pharmacy put the kibosh on that.
I was using herbalism before this and while it's oil stopping powers were ok they weren't amazing and it was starting to feel scratchy on my face, now I'm using Fresh Pharmacy + Vanishing Cream and I don't even need to use face powder.
It did feel a little drying at first but I am used to it now, it's no problem since I started on vanishing cream which seems to be a prefect match.

Cons = The usual crappy Lush packaging. I cut the bar up into chunks and kept them in a container so they don't get all soggy and washed away. I keep a small piece in a soap dish.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2012 5:06:00 AM More reviews by Jexka

This is THE BEST product to ever come in contact with my face, ever, period. I've struggled with acne since I was about 11 (21 now), and nothing has ever cleared up my skin the way Fresh Farmacy has. I have combination acne-prone skin (mostly big, yucky hormonal breakouts on my chin), and I've tried soooo many cleansers in the past, even others from LUSH. While other products were better than not cleansing at all, nothing really did all that much. I was skeptical about this product since I've never used a bar-soap cleanser before, but I am so happy I decided to give this a shot.
First of all, this is a lot easier to use than I expected. I thought it would be messy and difficult, but all I do is take a small chunk, wet it, rub it in my hands, and it produces tons of soft bubbles that I then rub all over my face. This feels so nice and soothing on the skin...The lather feels really soft and cushiony. Then I rinse and am left with literally squeaky clean skin. This leaves behind no residue and although my skin is super clean, it does not feel tight or dry at all.
I really love the scent of this -- It has a natural, herbally/floral scent that I think is really nice and kind of relaxing. It's definitely better than the harsh chemically smell of other cleansers! And I also love how long a piece of this will last you. I bought a $6 piece thinking it would only last me a month or so, and with once-a-day use, the piece lasted me around 4 months! That's definitely a great value if you ask me. I cut my piece into about 3 smaller chunks and kept it stored on a soap dish in the shower, and I had no problems with this melting.
Onto actual results....Like I said, this cleared up my acne like nothing else ever has. I've tried countless cleansers and I have tried doing full-on routines with toners, moisturizers, serums, etc., and nothing ever really helped. Somehow with Fresh Farmacy, I am able to drastically cut down the other products I use and still have crazy clear skin! I use Fresh Farmacy at night, and the only other things I do to my skin are use spot treatment when necessary (which is rare now!), and cleanse with a gentle cleanser or exfoliator in the morning. All my toners, serums, and moisturizers have gone to the back of my drawer. I don't know what it is, but my skin just loves the ingredients in here and reacts so well to them. Whatever it is, I love it!
If you have skin similar to mine, give this a shot! It's really inexpensive considering how long a bar will last you, and if you purchase in-store you can have them cut you a piece to fit your budget. I've never been happier with my skin, and I never want to be without this!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2012 12:36:00 AM More reviews by GabbyGee

I went to school at Aveda and had my eyes opened to natural skin care products and how well my skin reacted to them.
I have oily/combo skin and suffered through acne when I was younger but once introduced to natural products it cleared up.
I fell in love with a seriously expensive Aveda cleanser and since finishing school (and losing my discount) I was desperate to find a cheaper alternative.
Enter Lush.
I've tried each and every cleanser they have and Fresh Farmacy has been the best, followed by Aqua Marina since they are both close in ingredients, however FF was best at keeping break outs at bay. (AM was AMAZING for redness-- but I didn't have much of that)
I use FF with the Au Roma Water and sometimes Breath of Fresh Air toners and sometimes the Full of Grace Bar but I usually just use pure jojoba oil as a moisturizer.
(Vanishing Cream was an angel sent from heaven but the price wasn't suitable for my wallet)
Anyway, FF clears my skin, it comes as a bar so it's easy to handle, lather and not waste. I love this stuff. It does everything I hope a cleanser could do- remove make up, keep skin clean to avoid acne, not dry out my face to the point of tightness, cancel out redness and it has a very light smell that I don't even notice anymore.
I have repurchased this product time and time again and I always fall in love with it (and it's price!). I recommend it to anyone with my skin type (or others too but I every one is different).
I love you Lush!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2012 9:37:00 AM More reviews by Kaylward

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this cleanser. I have redness in my fair skin and the calamine is perfect for that. It is really gentle, but still makes my skin very clean. I use it with my clarisonic so that might help. I just love this soap because it is so basic you can't go wrong.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2012 4:51:00 AM More reviews by tigerlily217

This stuff ruined my skin! It's still stinging and red from using it. I have combination skin. More towards the oily side and prone to acne. My skin is problematic and I wanted to try something that could possibly fix it. I went into the store and this is what I was recommended by one of the SA. I have never had such a bad reaction to a cleanser before and I've even tried medicated ones for acne. Definitely be careful if you try this stuff! Not for everyone. Was really hoping I'd like this.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2012 4:17:00 AM More reviews by Nadinelala

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for the past 2 years and i love it :) i use it morning and night and i pair it with vanishing cream because it can be drying, celestial in the colder months, the smell is amazing and i have this to thank for all the compliments ive gotten on my skin, when i stop using this i do break out so i do think it helps quite alot with acne. one 15g bar will last you months so you are really getting your moneys worth! It doesnt break down heavy make up though, but i still love it and have yet to find a better cleanser, which will probably never happen.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/23/2012 5:10:00 PM More reviews by phoebeweatherfield

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wish I were a little more enthusiastic about this soap than I am. I love the smell, it's reasonably priced, and one bar has lasted me a decent amount of time. However, it's a little drying for my skin (I'm one of those people that still breaks out despite the fact that my skin now tends more to the dry side), and while it hasn't done me any harm, I haven't noticed a dramatic improvement in my acne. I think I also just need to resign myself to the fact that I prefer liquid facial cleansers and stop trying bar soaps. I'd certainly recommend this product to someone with slightly oilier skin looking for a basic cleanser, it's just not right for me anymore.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/13/2012 10:04:00 PM More reviews by kaemakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

After reading so many positive feedbacks about this soap I cant wait to try it. I love that it somewhat helps in redness and calming the skin and I do think that it can improve my acne if used religiously but it's too drying for me. I have very oily skin but this dries the sides of my nose causing them to be flakey and itchy which makes me so uncomfortable.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2012 6:44:00 PM More reviews by jacobjunior12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Very good cleanser. I used it with Tea Tree Water and Enzymion moisturizer. My face has never been this good. It keeps me matte all day and my blemishes disappeared. If you have a drier skin type, I wouldn't reccomend it as it can be drying. If you have combination skin like me, I would follow with a moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2012 6:21:00 AM More reviews by thedaydreamer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have teenage acne-prone skin and had been suffering with breakouts for about two months when I went into lush and brought this cleanser. I've always loved lush products and after reading reviews about fresh farmacy on mua I decided to buy it. To be honest I wasn't really expecting much because i've tried so many products targeted at problematic skin and none of them have worked. After using this just once I LOVED it. I'm not saying that it made a huge difference after just one use, but my spots definitely looked smaller and less red. I've been using it for about 5 months now and my skin has improved so much. I rarely ever get breakouts any more and when I do they're not as big or angry. The only thing that I don't like about it is the packaging because I think it would just be easier to use if it was in a squirty bottle rather than it being like a bar of soap but thats pretty much my only complaint. So basically, if you're suffering from acne, I would really recommend you trying this cause its AMAZING and it practically saved my skin.