November 27, 2014 | 1009 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Fresh Farmacy

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2013 12:08:00 PM More reviews by MontgomeryMoss

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am currently 16 years, and I've suffered from acne since I was about 12-13.
I've been through SO many products over these years, and spent so much money on this. I have had pills, tried really really expensive cleansers and toners, prescription medicine, with benzoyl peroxide in it, which made me break out in my whole face - red, swollen and really painfull, even though it worked wonders for 6 months or so before.
So using all those chemicals every night have made my skin very sensitive, and i stopped using those I got from my doctor. The time before I found Fresh Farmacy, i had all sorts of pimples. Pimple heaven. It was probably not that bad, but it really tore on my confidence, starting a new school too, and i've never been comfortable with people being close to my face in case they'd think i was grose.
I found out about LUSH while watching haul videos on youtube. We sadly dont have LUSH in Denmark, so I buy it in UK. Costs quite a bit more to get it sent, sometimes more than the actual purchase, but it is all worth it.
This is an amazing product, and Im so happy I found this. 100g lasts forever, and it is so cheap!!
This is quite drying on your skin, so use a moisturizer.
It is great for sensitive skin, this has never made my face swollen or burning.
Will buy again, until I grow up and, hopefully, wont have acne any more. Then ill find another cleanser from LUSH, that fits my needs!!

Sorry for the super long text, hahhaha!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2013 5:45:00 AM More reviews by selenax

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a very gentle cleanser perfect for sensitive/acne-prone skin! It doesn't irritate and has calming properties so if you're using a harsh acne cream/toner it won't hurt or sting your face but instead, cleanses and decreases redness (just a little). I don't really like the bar form because I leave it in my bathroom and if the bathroom is humid then it will start softening and turning into a mess! But otherwise, lovely gentle product from lush :) Smells nice too

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2013 2:18:00 AM More reviews by thatacneguy

I've suffered from cystic acne for a solid 5 years (currently 17) and I have been through COUNTLESS regimens of benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, clindamycin topical treatments and cleansers, and several prescriptions of antibiotics, birth control, and even a trial of accutane. None of the aforementioned treatments worked to completely resolve my acne and many of them caused severe side effects (dry skin, excessive skin reproduction, gastrointestinal discomfort, sensitivity to Sun, etc.). Though some treatments worked better than others (BP takes the cake for prescribed treatment and is still my spot treatment solution), I was fed up with dousing myself with chemicals in vain attempt to resolve my acne. Then my friend suggested me to try natural products. Without having anything to lose (my skin was equally red, oily, and cystic as it was 5 years before), I took their word and started anew with Fresh Farmacy as my cleanser and my last refill of Panoxyl 10. Lo and behold 3 months later, my face was free of cysts and prominent redness. Also, my previously out of control oil glands seemed to withdraw and my face is now far less oily and shiny. My complexion is much more even and there are no longer any painful areas on my face. However the deep scars remain and don't seem to disappear or lighten with extended use of this soap (it's been 8 months with FF now). Also my blackheads and other surface type acne don't seem to benefit from this cleanser. I realize however that no cleanser will solve all of my problems (: I regularly exfoliate with baking soda and tone with Lush's Tea Tree Water and can proudly say that my cystic acne is no more thanks to this cleanser. I theorize that the calamine does a lot to reduce redness and that the "squeaky clean" feeling this soap's tallow base creates benefits my skin the most (some 'gentle' cleansers just leave too much oil behind while 'effective' cleansers seemed to strip my skin of all that is holy and good). This soap lathers up into a creamy pile of goodness with copious amounts of water, and lasts FOREVER. I have a 100 gram bar split in two that has lasted me the whole 8 months with a tiny portion left. Though at first it seemed expensive for a bar soap of its size, it's clear that it turned into a long term investment. All in all, an EXCELLENT cleanser that I recommend to anyone suffering from inflammatory acne. Note however that because it contains natural (and volatile) essential oils, it is very possible to have an allergic reaction to an ingredient in the soap. Consult an ingredient list first before purchasing!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2012 3:46:00 PM More reviews by azazel0805

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love the scent of this soap (very calming), how clean my face feels after using it without the usual tightness I get when using other face soaps, and the fact that it seems to decrease redness on my sensitive skin. I don't use toner after washing with this soap and just put moisturizer on -- this combination has helped keep my face matte for a longer period of time after I apply my powder foundation which I'm really happy about.
***EDIT 6th Jan 2013*** I've now finished my first sliver of this soap, and I'm still loving it. Will definitely be buying it again when I've used up the entire bar (I bought a 100g bar and sliced it into smaller pieces to make it last longer -- one small piece stays in the soap dish and the rest are kept in a sealed container in my room so it won't melt)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2012 10:51:00 AM More reviews by Debdeb123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Yes, could this be my HG??? I wish I had used this sooner.
My skin has recently been insanely oily, I mean it's always oily but it was like, insane. Fresh pharmacy put the kibosh on that.
I was using herbalism before this and while it's oil stopping powers were ok they weren't amazing and it was starting to feel scratchy on my face, now I'm using Fresh Pharmacy + Vanishing Cream and I don't even need to use face powder.
It did feel a little drying at first but I am used to it now, it's no problem since I started on vanishing cream which seems to be a prefect match.

Cons = The usual crappy Lush packaging. I cut the bar up into chunks and kept them in a container so they don't get all soggy and washed away. I keep a small piece in a soap dish.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2012 5:06:00 AM More reviews by Jexka

This is THE BEST product to ever come in contact with my face, ever, period. I've struggled with acne since I was about 11 (21 now), and nothing has ever cleared up my skin the way Fresh Farmacy has. I have combination acne-prone skin (mostly big, yucky hormonal breakouts on my chin), and I've tried soooo many cleansers in the past, even others from LUSH. While other products were better than not cleansing at all, nothing really did all that much. I was skeptical about this product since I've never used a bar-soap cleanser before, but I am so happy I decided to give this a shot.
First of all, this is a lot easier to use than I expected. I thought it would be messy and difficult, but all I do is take a small chunk, wet it, rub it in my hands, and it produces tons of soft bubbles that I then rub all over my face. This feels so nice and soothing on the skin...The lather feels really soft and cushiony. Then I rinse and am left with literally squeaky clean skin. This leaves behind no residue and although my skin is super clean, it does not feel tight or dry at all.
I really love the scent of this -- It has a natural, herbally/floral scent that I think is really nice and kind of relaxing. It's definitely better than the harsh chemically smell of other cleansers! And I also love how long a piece of this will last you. I bought a $6 piece thinking it would only last me a month or so, and with once-a-day use, the piece lasted me around 4 months! That's definitely a great value if you ask me. I cut my piece into about 3 smaller chunks and kept it stored on a soap dish in the shower, and I had no problems with this melting.
Onto actual results....Like I said, this cleared up my acne like nothing else ever has. I've tried countless cleansers and I have tried doing full-on routines with toners, moisturizers, serums, etc., and nothing ever really helped. Somehow with Fresh Farmacy, I am able to drastically cut down the other products I use and still have crazy clear skin! I use Fresh Farmacy at night, and the only other things I do to my skin are use spot treatment when necessary (which is rare now!), and cleanse with a gentle cleanser or exfoliator in the morning. All my toners, serums, and moisturizers have gone to the back of my drawer. I don't know what it is, but my skin just loves the ingredients in here and reacts so well to them. Whatever it is, I love it!
If you have skin similar to mine, give this a shot! It's really inexpensive considering how long a bar will last you, and if you purchase in-store you can have them cut you a piece to fit your budget. I've never been happier with my skin, and I never want to be without this!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2012 12:36:00 AM More reviews by GabbyGee

I went to school at Aveda and had my eyes opened to natural skin care products and how well my skin reacted to them.
I have oily/combo skin and suffered through acne when I was younger but once introduced to natural products it cleared up.
I fell in love with a seriously expensive Aveda cleanser and since finishing school (and losing my discount) I was desperate to find a cheaper alternative.
Enter Lush.
I've tried each and every cleanser they have and Fresh Farmacy has been the best, followed by Aqua Marina since they are both close in ingredients, however FF was best at keeping break outs at bay. (AM was AMAZING for redness-- but I didn't have much of that)
I use FF with the Au Roma Water and sometimes Breath of Fresh Air toners and sometimes the Full of Grace Bar but I usually just use pure jojoba oil as a moisturizer.
(Vanishing Cream was an angel sent from heaven but the price wasn't suitable for my wallet)
Anyway, FF clears my skin, it comes as a bar so it's easy to handle, lather and not waste. I love this stuff. It does everything I hope a cleanser could do- remove make up, keep skin clean to avoid acne, not dry out my face to the point of tightness, cancel out redness and it has a very light smell that I don't even notice anymore.
I have repurchased this product time and time again and I always fall in love with it (and it's price!). I recommend it to anyone with my skin type (or others too but I every one is different).
I love you Lush!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2012 9:37:00 AM More reviews by Kaylward

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this cleanser. I have redness in my fair skin and the calamine is perfect for that. It is really gentle, but still makes my skin very clean. I use it with my clarisonic so that might help. I just love this soap because it is so basic you can't go wrong.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2012 4:51:00 AM More reviews by tigerlily217

This stuff ruined my skin! It's still stinging and red from using it. I have combination skin. More towards the oily side and prone to acne. My skin is problematic and I wanted to try something that could possibly fix it. I went into the store and this is what I was recommended by one of the SA. I have never had such a bad reaction to a cleanser before and I've even tried medicated ones for acne. Definitely be careful if you try this stuff! Not for everyone. Was really hoping I'd like this.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2012 4:17:00 AM More reviews by Nadinelala

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for the past 2 years and i love it :) i use it morning and night and i pair it with vanishing cream because it can be drying, celestial in the colder months, the smell is amazing and i have this to thank for all the compliments ive gotten on my skin, when i stop using this i do break out so i do think it helps quite alot with acne. one 15g bar will last you months so you are really getting your moneys worth! It doesnt break down heavy make up though, but i still love it and have yet to find a better cleanser, which will probably never happen.