December 22, 2014 | 1263 users online

Foundations - Vichy - Dermablend Corrective Foundation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2013 8:07:00 PM More reviews by Vanessamucho

absolutely obsessed with this foundation

it gives full coverage...and if applied with a wet sponge....it can become sheer enough and not heavy!
i'm using this product 2 years now and every time i buy another foundation its a disappointment!

the only drawback is at times if it is sunny out, it can look a bit dark. So where it at night!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2013 1:53:00 PM More reviews by hannahpatricia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This foundation performs like a high end foundation so is great value for money. I use this more as a concealer than an all over foundation. I am fair, too fair for NC15 in Mac and I bought this in the lightest shade 15 Opal. I have neutral undertone to my skin learning towards cool tone but this foundation is yellow based so isn't quite right, however, I use this as a base and then put my more cool toned Nars tinted moisturizer in Terre Nueve on top and that sorts the colour out! I use this foundation as a base for the area under my eyes and on my nose. and across that area of the face & then put the Nars tinted all over the rest of my face and on top of the Vichey. I have problems with concealers under the eye but I now use this under the eye and it does not cake at all it is brilliant, and the yellow tone and opaque texture hides dark circles. It is really good for hiding any imperfections. For the heavy duty concealing, it's not as heavy duty looking on the skin as you would think, it blends out really nicely and it isn't too matte, it has a slight satin finish which I love, and if you buff it in nicely it doesn't make you look too 'done' but everything is hidden that you want it to, and it lasts forever without shifting and doesn't transfer much either. Really pleasantly surprised by this foundation!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2013 10:35:00 AM More reviews by margiela

I bought this because of my acne breakout. I prefer natural finish, don't like full coverage foundations but my acne breakout is so bad that I had no other choice but to buy something full coverage. I used it both ways; all over my face and just on the spots. It preforms beautifuly. It does give you full coverage without being cakey and it looks very natural.
The only complaint I have is the colour rage. Number 15 is a tiny bit too dark for me. It doesn't show if a really buff the foundation into my skin and neck. Also I noticed that it is a bit on the yellow side so girls with fair skin and rose undertones will not like it. The other thing I don't necessary love is the tube. I feel it doesn't allow you enough control over how much product you want to squeeze out. You need to be a bit careful or too much product comes out.
My skin is very sensitive and so far I had no negative experiences with this product. I recommend it for people who need full coverage foundations. It is a bit pricier than drug store foundations but it is so much better.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2013 5:48:00 AM More reviews by Duleiana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The very best foundation I've ever tried: perfect coverage, natural finish and stays in place all day long, and you really need a tiny-tiny amount of it. Pretty shame, that it caused horrible acne in my case. It seems to be an allergic reaction, thus I have to face the same problem with every single Vichy product I've tried. I'm quite sad, because it worked so well. The package is not that nice, it doesn't close properly and the foundation leaks into the lid - nice way to waste the product. All in all it worths a try, but if your skin doesn't react well, stop using it.

EDIT: Ooor maybe I was wrong, I am a bit confused. When my acne was away, I tried it again, just to have a blind-test proof of my statement - but well, no acne since then. But the leaking package still sucks.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2013 11:01:00 PM More reviews by nikkioh84

The best, most natural, full coverage makeup that I have EVER tried. It is very important to me that a foundation looks natural. The natural look & finish is the priority while the fuller the coverage I can get on top of that is a bonus. I have tried many foundations including: Smashbox Halo (liquid & powder), Makeup Forever HD, Estee Lauder Double Wear, Bourjois Healthy Mix, etc... you get the point! Vichy Dermablend foundation is amazing and beats these foundations by a mile. Makeup Forever HD & Bourjois Healthy mix are 2 very nice foundations to be fair; they look extremely natural. However, you do compromise by only getting a light to medium coverage. I find that Double Wear easily looks cakey. If applied exactly right with a lot of work it can look presentable, but never natural.

I was chatting with the sales associate at Shoppers Drugmart in Toronto while I was testing several Dermablend shades on my skin. She had never actually seen the foundation on anyone but she was totally amazed & impressed by the look and coverage of this foundation! It fully covered all of my hyper pigmentation from newly healed breakouts, my surface redness, and uneven skin tone. Shade Nude 25 matches my skin tone very well. It has a beautiful, velvet finish. It's not cakey at all. It looks smooth & flawless on the skin. I can't say enough good things about it.

I also tried the dermablend stick foundation and it was beautiful! The texture is very light, creamy, and blendable but at the same time it is very highly pigmented and offers full coverage. When I paired the fluid and stick versions of the dermablend together, I used the cream stick as an undereye concealer, sweeping down to my upper cheeks and whisked it outward to my temples - creating that nice V affect that I so love with concealer. I was amazed at how perfect my skin looked.

I'm shade Nude 25 in the dermablend fluid and Nude 14 in the dermablend cream-stick.

I think you get the point; I highly recommend this foundation :)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2013 1:53:00 PM More reviews by anitka12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best foundation I used - so far - as I'm about to try other foundations by this brand. The coverage is amazing, but it doesn't look like a mask, you need just a bit of this product to look great. What I like the most is the colour of number 15 Opal - absolutely fits to my skin tone. Most of the foundations for fair skin tones which I tried had orangy tone, but this one is very natural. Now I have a good skin without any blemishes, so that's why I'm going to try another foundation of this brand, but if you are looking for medium to strong coverage without mask effect, I absolutely recommend this foundation, it is just amazing!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2013 3:20:00 AM More reviews by clp53

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

bEst foundation ever.. Have repurchased over and over. I have struggled with acne previously, this does not cause acne.

Pros:

-Does not break me out whatsoever
-Heavy coverage for my acne
-Lasts all day
-Don't need much product to achieve look
-with a little powder on top, won't look greasy

CONS:
-Costs $30 Canadian for 30ml
-packaging is annoying. leaks into lid sometimes

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2013 6:58:00 PM More reviews by Backto505

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

As a beauty therapist I have tried every foundation out there!! I've tried Laura Mercier, Chanel, Bare minerals, Liz Earle, Shiseido,Dior ...they've all been good BUT this one has THE BEST coverage, no doubt about it.( especially for Rosacea and Acne) And a little goes a long way.

I have to be very careful that I don't break out or get those tiny bumps all over my face- this foundation had given me no side effects what so ever.

I'm truly amazed by it - mainly because I thought ,Vichy? That can't be any good! And the price.. It's not expensive enough to be good. So I thought...

To give me that dewy look I got from Laura Mercier luminous tinted moisturiser, I add a tiny amount of Tesco illuminating balm ( comes in a little glass pot- it's amazing!) to a tiny amount of Dermablend.

It's true tho you need to make sure your skin is very hydrated when using this product as it does show up any dry patches. I Find using nip and fab's glycolic cleanser , Espa replenishing oil at night , really hydrates my skin. And Marks and Spencer's pure balm as a 5 min mask a couple of times a week really help in winter months. And my day time moisturiser has to be Jan Marini bioglycolic cream ( best moisturiser out there!)

I will continue to use this foundation..it's brilliant!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2013 1:09:00 PM More reviews by blahblahh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is NOT for ladies with very oily and/or flakey skin. Just... forget it. You'll end up like a grease ball in a few hours yet it will grip your flakes with the strength of a boa constrictor. I have tried this both as foundation and concealer with different methods of application, and each time I come to the same conclusion: it's hopeless. What started as a very nice & smooth camouflage to cover angry zits will turn into a white broken igloo that actually draw people's attention. It's even worse if your zits have started to flake due to acne medication. Your oil will EAT UP everything but the remains of that white igloo will stand up proudly until you wash your face. Really.

Gave it to my sister and it's HG for her non-oily, non-flakey skin. NC 20 - Opal.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2013 8:17:00 PM More reviews by rc1969

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product provides very good coverage for my sun spots. The only downside is it doesn't sit well on my skin all day and when I use my phone, it transfers to my phone screen. I tried putting bronzer over it and spraying Urban Decay All Nighter LONG-LASTING MAKEUP SETTING SPRAY but still doesn't stay all day. Today, I purchased MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural. Hopefully this will help set it.