October 25, 2014 | 1922 users online

Foundations - Vichy - Dermablend Corrective Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2013 5:48:00 AM More reviews by Duleiana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The very best foundation I've ever tried: perfect coverage, natural finish and stays in place all day long, and you really need a tiny-tiny amount of it. Pretty shame, that it caused horrible acne in my case. It seems to be an allergic reaction, thus I have to face the same problem with every single Vichy product I've tried. I'm quite sad, because it worked so well. The package is not that nice, it doesn't close properly and the foundation leaks into the lid - nice way to waste the product. All in all it worths a try, but if your skin doesn't react well, stop using it.

EDIT: Ooor maybe I was wrong, I am a bit confused. When my acne was away, I tried it again, just to have a blind-test proof of my statement - but well, no acne since then. But the leaking package still sucks.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2013 11:01:00 PM More reviews by nikkioh84

The best, most natural, full coverage makeup that I have EVER tried. It is very important to me that a foundation looks natural. The natural look & finish is the priority while the fuller the coverage I can get on top of that is a bonus. I have tried many foundations including: Smashbox Halo (liquid & powder), Makeup Forever HD, Estee Lauder Double Wear, Bourjois Healthy Mix, etc... you get the point! Vichy Dermablend foundation is amazing and beats these foundations by a mile. Makeup Forever HD & Bourjois Healthy mix are 2 very nice foundations to be fair; they look extremely natural. However, you do compromise by only getting a light to medium coverage. I find that Double Wear easily looks cakey. If applied exactly right with a lot of work it can look presentable, but never natural.

I was chatting with the sales associate at Shoppers Drugmart in Toronto while I was testing several Dermablend shades on my skin. She had never actually seen the foundation on anyone but she was totally amazed & impressed by the look and coverage of this foundation! It fully covered all of my hyper pigmentation from newly healed breakouts, my surface redness, and uneven skin tone. Shade Nude 25 matches my skin tone very well. It has a beautiful, velvet finish. It's not cakey at all. It looks smooth & flawless on the skin. I can't say enough good things about it.

I also tried the dermablend stick foundation and it was beautiful! The texture is very light, creamy, and blendable but at the same time it is very highly pigmented and offers full coverage. When I paired the fluid and stick versions of the dermablend together, I used the cream stick as an undereye concealer, sweeping down to my upper cheeks and whisked it outward to my temples - creating that nice V affect that I so love with concealer. I was amazed at how perfect my skin looked.

I'm shade Nude 25 in the dermablend fluid and Nude 14 in the dermablend cream-stick.

I think you get the point; I highly recommend this foundation :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2013 1:53:00 PM More reviews by anitka12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best foundation I used - so far - as I'm about to try other foundations by this brand. The coverage is amazing, but it doesn't look like a mask, you need just a bit of this product to look great. What I like the most is the colour of number 15 Opal - absolutely fits to my skin tone. Most of the foundations for fair skin tones which I tried had orangy tone, but this one is very natural. Now I have a good skin without any blemishes, so that's why I'm going to try another foundation of this brand, but if you are looking for medium to strong coverage without mask effect, I absolutely recommend this foundation, it is just amazing!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2013 3:20:00 AM More reviews by clp53

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

bEst foundation ever.. Have repurchased over and over. I have struggled with acne previously, this does not cause acne.

Pros:

-Does not break me out whatsoever
-Heavy coverage for my acne
-Lasts all day
-Don't need much product to achieve look
-with a little powder on top, won't look greasy

CONS:
-Costs $30 Canadian for 30ml
-packaging is annoying. leaks into lid sometimes

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2013 6:58:00 PM More reviews by Backto505

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

As a beauty therapist I have tried every foundation out there!! I've tried Laura Mercier, Chanel, Bare minerals, Liz Earle, Shiseido,Dior ...they've all been good BUT this one has THE BEST coverage, no doubt about it.( especially for Rosacea and Acne) And a little goes a long way.

I have to be very careful that I don't break out or get those tiny bumps all over my face- this foundation had given me no side effects what so ever.

I'm truly amazed by it - mainly because I thought ,Vichy? That can't be any good! And the price.. It's not expensive enough to be good. So I thought...

To give me that dewy look I got from Laura Mercier luminous tinted moisturiser, I add a tiny amount of Tesco illuminating balm ( comes in a little glass pot- it's amazing!) to a tiny amount of Dermablend.

It's true tho you need to make sure your skin is very hydrated when using this product as it does show up any dry patches. I Find using nip and fab's glycolic cleanser , Espa replenishing oil at night , really hydrates my skin. And Marks and Spencer's pure balm as a 5 min mask a couple of times a week really help in winter months. And my day time moisturiser has to be Jan Marini bioglycolic cream ( best moisturiser out there!)

I will continue to use this foundation..it's brilliant!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2013 1:09:00 PM More reviews by blahblahh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is NOT for ladies with very oily and/or flakey skin. Just... forget it. You'll end up like a grease ball in a few hours yet it will grip your flakes with the strength of a boa constrictor. I have tried this both as foundation and concealer with different methods of application, and each time I come to the same conclusion: it's hopeless. What started as a very nice & smooth camouflage to cover angry zits will turn into a white broken igloo that actually draw people's attention. It's even worse if your zits have started to flake due to acne medication. Your oil will EAT UP everything but the remains of that white igloo will stand up proudly until you wash your face. Really.

Gave it to my sister and it's HG for her non-oily, non-flakey skin. NC 20 - Opal.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2013 8:17:00 PM More reviews by rc1969

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product provides very good coverage for my sun spots. The only downside is it doesn't sit well on my skin all day and when I use my phone, it transfers to my phone screen. I tried putting bronzer over it and spraying Urban Decay All Nighter LONG-LASTING MAKEUP SETTING SPRAY but still doesn't stay all day. Today, I purchased MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural. Hopefully this will help set it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2013 6:22:00 PM More reviews by leavingthingsbehind

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

IMPORTANT: I am using this foundation as a CONCEALER. I used to like the concealer from this line but since Lisa Eldrige used this product in that way in her tutorial, I ditched the concealer and bought the foundation instead.

The tube is 30 ml (my favourite concealer used to be Helena Rubinstein Magic Concealer which is 15 ml, I have the shade 02 but I have impression that the formula has been changed and got way more thinner and less pigmented - it is definitely not the same same product, naughty HR!) and you need the tiniest amount as it is so well pigmented although much more liquid than the concealer.

I wish that it had the same shape of packaging as the concealer - I am not very fond of a flat ending of the tube although at least the hole in it is tiny so not too much spillage happens, but I am unable to keep my tube clean and neat looking even with constant wiping after each use with a clean tissue!

I am using 15 Opal which is a tad bit pale but as I need a very thin layer to cover up my undereye area or any mark on my face it works nicely and does not look odd. However 10 Light of concealer is not the same shade - foundation is a bit more fleshy-pink while concealer is a bit more yellow.

It is not 16hrs lasting though - whenever I go out in the evening and I do not have time to redo my makeup I need to top it up, especially on the imperfections (pimples, marks etc.). It also gets into lines under my eyes so I need to use it very carefully there - use it just in the darkest area in the inside corner of my eye otherwise I need to remember to put it out from the lines throughout the day (I do not powder under my eye - way too ageing)!

So far it is my favourite 'concealer' - I've given away my MAC, Bourjois and Estee Lauder ones since i got this half a year ago now, although I am tempted by a new NARS if I am able to find my shade match there.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2013 5:27:00 PM More reviews by orenjinominh

I use this as a tattoo coverup for a conservative workplace. I hate the lack of shade selection, but sand is the match for my inner forearm. on my face none of the shades would be a close match and this is its weakpoint. otherwise, it does a great job covering up my huge tat when paired with a setting powder. which means, this foundation has no problem covering up "heavy discoloration" on the face and should be used as a concealer. I see opal as my next under eye concealer if things start to get dire.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2013 2:03:00 AM More reviews by kileyw

I love this foundation and have repurchased it many times. The coverage is amazing. It's great for my problematic skin and I use it all over my whole face.

There's a few tricks to make it work though:
- It HAS to be sheered out or it will look extremely heavy
- Start with a small amount on your hand, then dab little dots of it on your face
- Using a damp makeup sponge (saturate it with warm water and squeeze out the excess) begin blending the foundation using the press and roll technique (don't rub)
- In areas that you need more coverage or on breakouts, dab on a small amount and blend it with your finger by patting it lightly

It can look a little too matte at first, but once it settles into your skin it has a really beautiful and natural looking finish. It's one of the only foundations I've tried that doesn't cause more breakouts, and it lasts throughout the day on my really oily skin. I recommend using the Complex 15 Daily Face Moisturizer under it because it leaves a matte finish which doubles as a primer. It's $30 at Shoppers Drug Mart in Canada.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No