E.L.F. Super Glossy Lip Shine SPF 15 - Goddess

Price: $

Price: $

on 1/5/2010 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

This product comes in a small clear plastic tube approximately 5cm in length so very handbag friendly. The colour is that of a peachy gold infused with micro particles of sparkle which gives the gloss a very subtle shimmer quality. So far so good I'm thinking as I unscrew the little cap and the gloss obligingly oozes out - and thereupon begins the problem ladies...The gloss is unfortunately 'perfumed' with a horrid artificial 'fragrance' (I'm being very generous with my description here!) that assaults my nostrils immediately. I could live with that I'm thinking as on my heavily pigmented lips the colour is that of a lovely pinky brown and thus works great for a neutral - albeit slightly glam look! However, another problem reveals itself before the gloss has barely settled - the product feels very heavy and tacky on my lips - enough of an issue to put me off buying this again. On a positive note however, its very cheap -yay! - I brought mine at E.L.F's website for 1.50 and there seems to be a wide spectrum of other pretty colours also for you lip gloss addicts out there. The shipping was very fast with a very reasonable standard p&p charge of 2.95. All in all, I can't knock this too much - it would be particularly good as a starter line for make-up newbies who may not be as sensitive to smell and texture as perhaps myself so I would definetly recommend the product but not if you know for a fact you can't tolerate heavy artificial odours or are hyper aware of the more 'weightier' lip products. However, having said that I may go back and buy some of the little devils for friends as 'stocking-filler' type pressies since they come in such an array of other gorgeous colours and belong to an ethical brand whom I don't mind supporting.

FAVORITE! beige tinted peachy nude gloss. compliments every makeup look. not sticky!

on 7/10/2009 12:54:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This stuff taste REALLY weird and its EXTREMELY STICKY!!! I had to actually try to open my mouth thats how sticky it is. Its horrible I would never buy this again. Ugh.

on 6/3/2009 4:49:00 PM

For $1.00, you can't beat this! I'm not too into lip products in general, and usually only wear a clear gloss or balm, but this stuff is great! I love the nude color, and it looks beautiful when I'm using bronzer. It is a bit sticky when you first apply it, but it seems to lose the stickyness after a minute...for me, anyway.
There is a very subtle shimmer, but not too much. I think it's "just right". Oh, and the SPF 15 is a definite plus!

on 4/8/2009 11:37:00 PM

Goddess is a nice color, a pinkish coral with some shimmers
I love that it has or says to have SPF 15 but I dislike that it's really sticky

This is a nice lip gloss. I like the color and scent. It's a peachy gold color. It is stickier than I like my lipglosses though, but for a buck it's worth it. Also SPF! That's nice because many people don't protect their lips from sun damage.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I was pleasantly surprised by this lip gloss! The color is a beautiful pinky-gold that complements my tan/olive skin tone nicely. Unlike the other reviews, I don't find this gloss too metallic- it provided the right amount of shimmer and shine. I found the grape-vanilla flavor to smell okay and taste sweet. Application is easy with the tube. The only downside of the gloss is that it's a bit sticky. I would definitely repurchase, especially for $1!

on 3/17/2009 5:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

ugh this is so tacky and ugly. it looks metallic on your lips...very unflattering on me

on 1/21/2009 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this gloss!!! its pinky-peachy metalicy..lol..thats the best I can do to describe it. I love this gloss its so pretty. I have all the elf glosses and goddess, maltshake,candlelight and watermelon are my favorites. For a dollar how can you go wrong..

on 1/20/2009 2:52:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I love the Super Glossy Lip Shines, but not particularly this shade. I got this as part of a 5-pick, so naturally it wasn't my first pick. However, it did look like a very nice darker pink with a hint of sheen to it - in the tube. Applying it, it had left a very frosty look - like 90s metallic frost. However, 15 minutes after it had set in it actually looked quite nice, but a light pink. It'd be better for lighter skin tones.

Popular Lip Glosses