December 22, 2014 | 739 users online

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2010 6:38:00 PM More reviews by countrygyrl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

ELF Super glossy lip shine in Candlelight used to be my HG- however since my hair is now a dark brownish black shade not a lighter reddish brown Goddess looks better on me. Goddess is a peachy/nude shade with a pink shimmer. Very neutral. If you combined Pink Kiss which is a cool baby pink and Candlelight a pale golden nude I think you would get Goddess.Obviously, I have and can wear all three as all three are similar but I think Goddess is topping the charts. Godess has the trademark grapish scent/ taste- strong but I have grown to love it. Nice thicker consistancey- better applied with a brush because it can be gloopy if applied to heavily from the tube- almost more like a liquid lipstick than a gloss. Long lasting for a gloss. I have used this by itself (over lip balm), over lipstick and also used it as lipstick with other thinner glosses on top of it - love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2010 2:53:00 PM More reviews by moominstar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product comes in a small clear plastic tube approximately 5cm in length so very handbag friendly. The colour is that of a peachy gold infused with micro particles of sparkle which gives the gloss a very subtle shimmer quality. So far so good I'm thinking as I unscrew the little cap and the gloss obligingly oozes out - and thereupon begins the problem ladies...The gloss is unfortunately 'perfumed' with a horrid artificial 'fragrance' (I'm being very generous with my description here!) that assaults my nostrils immediately. I could live with that I'm thinking as on my heavily pigmented lips the colour is that of a lovely pinky brown and thus works great for a neutral - albeit slightly glam look! However, another problem reveals itself before the gloss has barely settled - the product feels very heavy and tacky on my lips - enough of an issue to put me off buying this again. On a positive note however, its very cheap -yay! - I brought mine at E.L.F's website for 1.50 and there seems to be a wide spectrum of other pretty colours also for you lip gloss addicts out there. The shipping was very fast with a very reasonable standard p&p charge of 2.95. All in all, I can't knock this too much - it would be particularly good as a starter line for make-up newbies who may not be as sensitive to smell and texture as perhaps myself so I would definetly recommend the product but not if you know for a fact you can't tolerate heavy artificial odours or are hyper aware of the more 'weightier' lip products. However, having said that I may go back and buy some of the little devils for friends as 'stocking-filler' type pressies since they come in such an array of other gorgeous colours and belong to an ethical brand whom I don't mind supporting.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2009 4:51:00 PM More reviews by sweetserver017

FAVORITE! beige tinted peachy nude gloss. compliments every makeup look. not sticky!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/10/2009 12:54:00 AM More reviews by dancermary13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This stuff taste REALLY weird and its EXTREMELY STICKY!!! I had to actually try to open my mouth thats how sticky it is. Its horrible I would never buy this again. Ugh.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2009 4:49:00 PM More reviews by j0j0

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

For $1.00, you can't beat this! I'm not too into lip products in general, and usually only wear a clear gloss or balm, but this stuff is great! I love the nude color, and it looks beautiful when I'm using bronzer. It is a bit sticky when you first apply it, but it seems to lose the stickyness after a minute...for me, anyway.
There is a very subtle shimmer, but not too much. I think it's "just right". Oh, and the SPF 15 is a definite plus!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2009 11:37:00 PM More reviews by xBbyLoserxD

Goddess is a nice color, a pinkish coral with some shimmers
I love that it has or says to have SPF 15 but I dislike that it's really sticky

rated 3 of 5 on 4/1/2009 9:04:00 PM More reviews by pingwingspam

This is a nice lip gloss. I like the color and scent. It's a peachy gold color. It is stickier than I like my lipglosses though, but for a buck it's worth it. Also SPF! That's nice because many people don't protect their lips from sun damage.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2009 9:39:00 PM More reviews by jimmycornedcrack

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I was pleasantly surprised by this lip gloss! The color is a beautiful pinky-gold that complements my tan/olive skin tone nicely. Unlike the other reviews, I don't find this gloss too metallic- it provided the right amount of shimmer and shine. I found the grape-vanilla flavor to smell okay and taste sweet. Application is easy with the tube. The only downside of the gloss is that it's a bit sticky. I would definitely repurchase, especially for $1!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/17/2009 5:37:00 AM More reviews by annkw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

ugh this is so tacky and ugly. it looks metallic on your lips...very unflattering on me

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2009 10:08:00 PM More reviews by alexy1212

I love this gloss!!! its pinky-peachy metalicy..lol..thats the best I can do to describe it. I love this gloss its so pretty. I have all the elf glosses and goddess, maltshake,candlelight and watermelon are my favorites. For a dollar how can you go wrong..