August 20, 2014 | 1881 users online

Fragrances - Valentino - Rock n Rose

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2007 10:01:00 AM More reviews by star_s_l_b

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm pretty surprised by the low ratings on this perfume. I got it for Christmas and I really like it. The bottle is kinda clunky but it is cute. Definitely something for your vanity, not your purse! The scent is light enough for daytime and warm weather but it's got deeper notes that make it good for evening too. It's lighter than Stella McCartney's perfume (then again I wear the Rose Absolute which is pretty heavy). A very good addition to the influx of rose-scented perfumes that have been coming out lately.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2007 3:52:00 AM More reviews by nyc_princessa

I adore this perfume. It smells very floral and purely soft. Its not at all boring or typical. I would repurchase this. The bottle is shaped like a plump circle and the cap is rather cute. It's only a little pricey but well worth it. This scent is neither sweet or spicy ... More like an amazing blend of the flowers. the only con is that the scent softens on the skin too much. After some hours you'll only get a hint of the scent on your skin, just a light scent on the clothes.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2007 7:28:00 PM More reviews by laumar27

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I received a sample of Rock n' Rose and I'm not sure if I like it enough to purchase. It's a really light scent and the lasting power could be much better, but I like that it's soft smelling and I don't detect too much sweetness in it. I would classify it as a clean floral with some citrus undertones. A good every day fragrance.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2007 3:52:00 PM More reviews by tabloid

I sprayed this on my wrist during a lunchtime shopping trip but forgot I had it one once I got back to the office. All afternoon I kept wondering who had sprayed insect repellent before I finally figured out if was the smell was coming from me (actually, me wearing Rock n Rose). Maybe this fragrance really reacted badly to my chemistry (it happens once in a while, especially with green notes). It's too bad because I like the name and the packaging. Oh well. On to the next.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2007 12:12:00 AM More reviews by LadyLibra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My holy holy holy grail fragrance. I love it! That's all.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/30/2007 8:11:00 AM More reviews by vals

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was surprised by the bad reviews for this one. I found this at Marshall's and was happy with the price,$30 for the 50ml edp and 1oz shower gel. As for the scent, it's nothing mind blowing and original but just a nice feminine scent. Little sweet and rosy and a bit powdery/musky at the drydown. To my nose it is similar to VS Dream Angels Desire perfume. I think it's suitable for day or a fun night out. I think the bottle is nice but I'm embarassed by the name-Rock n'Rose is such a dumb name for it. I'd maybe buy this again depending on a good deal.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/21/2007 5:27:00 PM More reviews by espionage

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is being marketed as a "dark rose" scent, and it's true, Rock 'N Rose is definitely not an 'old lady' rose scent. There is rose in here, but it's spiked with black currant, which on my skin ends up being the dominant note, along with a bit of bergamot and something almost citrus-y. (It might be that mysterious "crunch green" note.) The result is a fragrance that could be youthful, but is not sickeningly sweet and juvenile. It can work for day, but it can also work for a night out with your girlfriends at a bar over cocktails as well...it has a social, outgoing yet dressy feeling to it that comes across as very contemporary and not fussy. I wish it actually had a bit more darkness to it, since I love the idea of a dark rose scent, something feminine yet slightly goth. (I do blend it occasionally with Comme des Garcons Incense: Avignon and that works beautifully!) Unlike for other reviewers, this lasts FOREVER on my skin, but strangely, the accords basically stay the same...there's no "journey" between top and bottom notes for me, which give it a bit of a one-dimensional quality. I am enjoying my bottle of it (and I like the bottle, which has a slightly retro feel -- which the fragrance does not) but I don't think I will repurchase -- it's not quite "me," but it's fun to pretend to be a rock 'n roll socialite for awhile!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/7/2007 2:39:00 AM More reviews by smartylicious

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is an inoffensive floral, rosy of course, although the rose does not take center stage here. Other notes include muguet, blackcurrant, bergamot, gardenia, orange blossom, sandalwood, heliotrope, orris, vanilla. It is quite pleasant for those who love this kind of scent. I personally don't find it very original, but then again, it's not really up my alley. Overall, it's hard to think that you could offend anyone with this fragrance (as is the case with most of Valentino's scents). Rock'n'Rose is suitable for daywear but aimed at a much younger audience than the previous V scents.
The bottle is kind of cute and girly.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2007 10:38:00 AM More reviews by taralynn36

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

To me this smells like a grown up version of Exclamation. That's all I wore in high school (2 decades ago). I like this much better.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/1/2007 2:55:00 PM More reviews by Chaosnmotion

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm on the fence with this one... I want to love it... it isn't overpowering, very unique smelling but it is just missing something. To me it doesn't smell anything like a rose.... and it isn't a young/girlish fragrance like I thought it would be. Don't know about this one just yet.