October 22, 2014 | 1200 users online

Eye Shadow - Everyday Minerals - In the Garden

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2008 12:19:00 AM More reviews by dtn06

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This has to be my fav EM shadow. It is absolutely gorgeous.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2008 11:41:00 PM More reviews by BatFat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

A must have from the EM shadow line. It's a very sophisticated antique bronze. I feel chic just wearing it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2008 11:19:00 AM More reviews by LittleGnome

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

If I ever run out of this I probably will, but not sure if I'll buy another. It's not that it's a bad product necessarily, but the pigmentation and blendability of this relatively dark mineral shadow isn't quite as deep as some BE and some from Fyrinnae or MAD Minerals. I'm an EM Fan, and while I like this color for an all-over lid color/smokey eye look (it's very pretty) it's not the best as a crease or accent/outer V color. It's not very blendable if you are trying to use it in targeted areas like the crease only or outer V unless you apply it dry and then you can get fall out and the pigmentation suffers when you blend it. It is very pretty for an all-over smokey eye, however it's not as pigmented as some I have from Fyrinnae, BE or Mad Minerals. The color is a not super dark but dark bronzed-brown/khaki with tons of shimmer and sparkle. I wore it in the crease with Cypress and Cypress had the better staying power and was easier to use and just looked better with a better texture, and this was with a base and applied wet with Fix+. I am wearing it again today with HiP Paint in Secretive all over the lid up to the crease; and am using Baby Bath as a highlight and a dark grey kohl liner and I prefer it this way. I have the sample size, and I'm sure I'll use it up but don't know if I'd buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2008 7:13:00 PM More reviews by lesliexyang

This really is a pretty color that every girl should have. I think it's more of a bronzey brown with some gold. not gold glitter but just the color. it's really beautiful!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2008 4:27:00 PM More reviews by Dell126

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Beautiful color. Went on nicely with my cheap $1 brushes and blended easily.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2008 11:54:00 AM More reviews by Valley160

This is really a pretty color. While it's on the "darker" side, it blends and lightens up beautifully. It can also be used wet as an eyeliner. Fabulous! I love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2008 5:34:00 PM More reviews by bubbleheart

I'd been curious about this one for a long time and had heard a lot of positive talk about it so I finally tried it and its really very nice. I think you need to be prepared that it is a very dark eyeshadow - if you usually wear light pastel colors or neutrals you may not have as much of a use for this one. The best description that came to my mind when I saw it was the color of fools gold. Almost black with lots of silvery/gold shimmer (but at the same time I'll be very clear that its shimmer and not glitter so it doesnt stand out as sparkles or anything). Its great if you want the smokey eye look or like me have trouble wearing light eyeshadows. If you are a friend of darker shades this one is a must - its so versatile it can be your everyday anytime color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2008 9:06:00 AM More reviews by camilla8

This color is simply stunning! It is hard to describe, it is a dark brownish, grayish with a hint of olive? That is my stab. I use it in my crease and heavy on the outer portion of the lid. I have it layered over hot chocolate as the base, Love love this color, I am glad I took the advice of the reviews here on MUA!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2008 2:54:00 AM More reviews by rothko20

Perhaps the most wearable loose smokey eye shadow on the market. I love its easy blendability, buildable color and lasting power over UDPP. It also works well with other colors if you want to mix it with other eyeshadow colors too.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2008 11:44:00 PM More reviews by j3n82

This is probably my favorite eyeshadow my Everyday Minerals. It's a beautiful shade that can be worn during the day and also during the night. Try applying it wet for a nighttime look.