April 21, 2014 | 1057 users online

Fragrances - Lavanila - Pure Vanilla

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2009 1:33:00 AM More reviews by Melloney

I sampled this at Sephora- it's an ordinary non offensive vanilla- not too sweet generic vanilla smell. Not swoony worthy ,just OK. Lasting power is about 1-2 hours.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2009 5:29:00 PM More reviews by sushiXcore

I bought this after walking around Sephora one day testing fragrances on paper etc. I came across the pure Vanilla and sprayed it on my wrists, I instantly thought yuck this is over powering, I then paid for my purchases and went to another store. The whole time I was in the other store I kept thinking "who's wearing that amazing purfume"(I totally forgot about spraying it on my wrists). I fianally realized it was me when I caught a whiff of my wrists as I raised it up to grap a dress off the rack. After about 10 minutes it settles into a Vanilla baby powder scent that I absolutly love. I ran out of the store back to sephora to buy it, also I went to the beach the other day and spent a few hours in the water when I came out my fiance asked me if I sprayed more purfume on it smells so wonderful even after being in salt water for hours and drying out in the sun. This has replaced my D&G The one as my favorite scent.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/7/2009 5:49:00 PM More reviews by verbena330

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

WoW! This smells good on everyone but me. After spraying it, I smelled like a man who just smoked a cigarette and burned a stick of Patchouli incense.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2009 9:56:00 PM More reviews by sugarlumples

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This perfume smells like Lush - Honey, I washed the Kids solid perfume, minus the bite that HIWTK has upon application. I was really happy about that because HIWTK is my favorite Lush smell. I ordered Pure Vanilla online without ever having smelled it, so I was crossing my fingers before I applied it, hoping for a winner. It doesn't smell very strongly of vanilla on me, but the scent is nice. It is very warm with a honey toffee scent. I hate patchouli and thankfully don't smell it at all on me. The bottle isn't anything spectacular, but the box it comes in is quite pretty. Overall, this is a nice scent and I would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2009 8:37:00 PM More reviews by tanyaw168

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think this is a very nice vanilla perfume. I'm not sure I love it as much as some of the other vanilla perfumes I've had, but very very nice nonetheless. Staying power is so-so. I don't really notice it a few hours in, but I'm sure it's still there. I would repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/20/2009 6:25:00 PM More reviews by amy7876

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is pleasant but breaks no new ground. It's a nice, cozy, inoffensive vanilla. It has nothing new to say, and probably shouldn't be worn by any woman over 25 (which includes me, by the way).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2008 8:57:00 AM More reviews by shellbell090702

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Oh my goodness, this fragrance is decadent! While Chanel Chance has been my hg fragrance this season, I started going back to my "this time of year makes me want something gourmand" fragrances. Therefore, I have been searching for a vanilla scent that isn't fake and uninteresting. Although some may say that this is "just another vanilla scent", on me it has a musky, warm drydown, that isn't overly sweet. I have so many different types of fragrances-"young" scents and more mature scents. I don't buy into the whole "you have to be a certain age to wear this"-I just wear what I like and what smells great on me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2008 4:37:00 PM More reviews by Noboho

I am always open to trying new vanilla scents out. When I first put this on, it was like finding gold!!! Vanilla always has been and always will be my favorite fragrance note. Pure Vanilla is everything I want in a fragrance. It's simplistic without being boring. There is a truly gorgeous Champagne note in this, am I the only one that smells that? I love it because it makes this scent all the more intoxicating. It's called Pure Vanilla, but it's not pure, it's layered, there is sexy depth to it. I reach for this a lot. I love how rich it smells. It is so incredibly long lasting. It's the best lasting power I've encountered in my life. The number of compliments I've received while wearing this are exhorbitant. Men especially like it, but women have asked me what I'm wearing on many occasions. It is officially my signature scent. I play around and test others, but this is the only one on my dresser at the moment. It's the only one I want to smell like. This is my HG Vanilla fragrance.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2008 10:57:00 AM More reviews by AlmaStarr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Gosh, I love this. After lurking around Sephora for samples of this (for months!) I finally broke down and bought a bottle. It's been the best purchase, but I can't stomach it in warm weather. However, as soon as it turns colder I absolutely CRAVE this scent. It's like vanilla by a fireplace for me. The best thing about this scent is the way that it lingers. I love that when I use a straightening iron to striaghten my hair the day after washing it, this scent lifts off of my hair. I really do think it has different properties than other commercial perfumes. Great for the holidays! And lots of compliments from boys...

rated 1 of 5 on 9/17/2008 3:24:00 PM More reviews by BackinStOlaf

I was interested in trying a vanilla fragrance. I made the mistake of applying this in Seophora right before I was getting on my hour long train ride to go home. I felt so sick the entire ride. This stuff is so strong and it almost smells like vanilla mixed with cigarette ashes on me. Maybe it will work on someone else, but it is awful on me.