Burt's Bees Peach and Willowbark Deep Pore Scrub

3.0

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Grapeseed Oil, Stearic Acid (Vegetable Fat), Vegetable Glycerin, Peach Stone, Coconut Oil, Sodium Borate (Natural Borax), Fragrance, Willowbark Extract, Glucose (Sugar), Chamomile Extract, Goldenseal Extract, Hawaiian Ginger Extract, Bladderwrack Extract, Xanthan Gum (Natural Thickener), Sucrose Stearate (Sugar Emulsifier), Glucose Oxidase & Lactoperoxidase (Natural Preservative).

on 10/9/2010 4:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Really good drustore exfoliator it feels really good and I used it during my Hawaii trip when I had a terrible sunburn, and my regular acne stuff was to harsh, this gently scrubbed away the sunburn flakes and wasn't to harsh and I still use it a couple times a week as an exfoliator.. but if you are looking for a miricle product to clear your skin this product could definately help... but u need something else too :)

on 8/25/2010 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I ran out of my boots cleanser and vita-c scrub that I had been using, so I bought burts bees orange citrus cleanser and this willowbark and peach scrub, and my skin has been so much better. I used to have reaaaalllly flaky skin, and no matter how much I scrubbed, it stuck to my skin and wouldnt come off. But this scrub is rough enough to get all of the dead skin off of my face, but its still really gentle as long as you dont rub your face really hard with it. I use it three times a week, and it works perfectly. I have sensitive skin too, and this wasnt too harsh for it. Only gave it four stars (or lipsticks) because I dont know whether it is this or the other burts bees product that has made my skin look so amazing. Anyway, even though its more than what i would normally pay for a scrub, its worth it.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I can't see how anyone could use this unless they had very dry skin. I loved the smell, loved the peach rind, love the ingredients, and especially loved the ingredients that were not included, but I had to wash my face again after using this..

It was pleasant while using, but once I rinsed it, I felt like I had a layer of wax over my skin...I tried waiting, and I did get better, but only a tiny bit and I still couldn't stand the feel of my skin, so I washed my face with soap...

I kept it for about a week and thought maybe it would grow on me; tried using less, tried using different temperatures of water, did everything I could think of to make it work, and it still felt disgusting to me. I replaced it with another product that's similar (an organic walnut-shell scrub) and got rid of it. Even my mom had the same problem with it, and her skin is fairly dry..

Not to mention it's expensive...I've loved every other Burt's Bee's product I' ve bought, but this was a miss.

I love the product in theory. Just not for my skin.

i absolutely love burt's bees face products. i'm not sure why other people don't seem to like this, maybe they have sensitive skin? i have combination skin--dry on cheeks and forehead, more oily on chin and nose--and this scrub is AMAZING. i suggest this only for skin on the drier side, though, because it's actually pretty moisturizing for a scrub, which i LOVE. i don't even put a moisturizer on after this, and my skin isn't dry at all, which is really rare for me. it does have a pretty strong scent, which i don't love, but i don't really mind it. overall, i really adore this scrub. i definitley recommend it, but to people with dry/normal skin.

on 4/29/2010 6:20:00 PM

can't stand the smell, too strong and creamy
effect is moderate
don't like the grains it leaves on your face..

on 4/20/2010 10:24:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I really, really wanted to love this product. Unfortunately i think it made me brakout like carzy. One of the main ingredients is cocunut oil which is clogging. Aside from breaking me out i liked it. It left my skin moisturized. it felt so goooood. oh and the smell is wonderful. wish my skin could tolerate it. Recommend for dry skin,and those who are not acne prone.

on 3/27/2010 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I didn't like this product. I like that it's gentle, moisturizing, non-scented and has natural ingredients in it but it didn't exfoliate well and it left a film on my skin, which wasn't nice at all; my skin didn't feel clean. I didn't like the texture at all. I like Burt's Bees but this just didn't work for me.

on 3/26/2010 2:11:00 PM

I like this, but I don't think I'm going to use it too often. The residue left behind, doesn't bother me. What does bother me, is this oil problem people keep mentioning. I already have oily skin, and the last thing I need is to lather oil all over my face, everyday. That will just break-me out. Also, I think when I use this, I'll use it as my second step (make-up remover, this scrub, and Clearasil acne wash last).

It makes my skin soft though, and feels really nice and smooth. Downside, not a lot of beads or exfoliation. I think this is more moisturizing, than anything. I might try it for a few days (I do it every few days), cleaning my face after with my acne wash (always, just in case) . But so far, the oily hasn't broken me out. I'm just paranoid now.

on 2/25/2010 11:50:00 PM

I did like this at first, the scent was pleasant, very peachy. But after a while, the grains felt too harsh on my skin, and then it felt like it wasn't doing much in making my face feel clean. Maybe that was just me, but I won't be using this scrub again.

on 2/10/2010 8:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

The first few weeks I used this product, I loved it. It left my skin feeling very clean and refreshed. However, at a certain point (perhaps my skin got "used" to it or something) it seemed to no longer be doing much. Not a bad product, but St. Ives scrub may be a better choice. Also, this does not bother me, but it actually has a bit of a "dirty" smell (that is- it smells like dirt, kind of). I assume this is because of the Willowbark.

Popular Scrubs