August 20, 2014 | 1082 users online

Scrubs - Burt's Bees - Peach and Willowbark Deep Pore Scrub

rated 3 of 5 on 4/29/2010 6:20:00 PM More reviews by w4nnie

can't stand the smell, too strong and creamy
effect is moderate
don't like the grains it leaves on your face..

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2010 10:24:00 PM More reviews by LaLAagirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I really, really wanted to love this product. Unfortunately i think it made me brakout like carzy. One of the main ingredients is cocunut oil which is clogging. Aside from breaking me out i liked it. It left my skin moisturized. it felt so goooood. oh and the smell is wonderful. wish my skin could tolerate it. Recommend for dry skin,and those who are not acne prone.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/27/2010 11:12:00 PM More reviews by coucoune

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I didn't like this product. I like that it's gentle, moisturizing, non-scented and has natural ingredients in it but it didn't exfoliate well and it left a film on my skin, which wasn't nice at all; my skin didn't feel clean. I didn't like the texture at all. I like Burt's Bees but this just didn't work for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2010 2:11:00 PM More reviews by bisco

I like this, but I don't think I'm going to use it too often. The residue left behind, doesn't bother me. What does bother me, is this oil problem people keep mentioning. I already have oily skin, and the last thing I need is to lather oil all over my face, everyday. That will just break-me out. Also, I think when I use this, I'll use it as my second step (make-up remover, this scrub, and Clearasil acne wash last).

It makes my skin soft though, and feels really nice and smooth. Downside, not a lot of beads or exfoliation. I think this is more moisturizing, than anything. I might try it for a few days (I do it every few days), cleaning my face after with my acne wash (always, just in case) . But so far, the oily hasn't broken me out. I'm just paranoid now.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2010 11:50:00 PM More reviews by justnic88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I did like this at first, the scent was pleasant, very peachy. But after a while, the grains felt too harsh on my skin, and then it felt like it wasn't doing much in making my face feel clean. Maybe that was just me, but I won't be using this scrub again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2010 8:36:00 PM More reviews by gorbe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

The first few weeks I used this product, I loved it. It left my skin feeling very clean and refreshed. However, at a certain point (perhaps my skin got "used" to it or something) it seemed to no longer be doing much. Not a bad product, but St. Ives scrub may be a better choice. Also, this does not bother me, but it actually has a bit of a "dirty" smell (that is- it smells like dirt, kind of). I assume this is because of the Willowbark.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2010 10:57:00 PM More reviews by kisshippie13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

First of all...I would like to say that if you are looking for a St.Ives apricot scrub replacement..THIS IS NOTHING LIKE IT!!! I really like burts bees products...and I love that they are natural. They are very easy to get a hold of...and are USUALLY at a reasonable price...
I've been using the herbal blemish stick for about 4 months now (had 3 tubes) and I quite like it. Ive been looking at the Peach and Willowbark scrub for a while now but couldn't bring myself to pay 8 bucks for a 4oz tube!!! But I finally did.
So far..it's an ok product...many people are complaining about the "waxy" feel...it goes away when you dry off your face and leaves your Face feeling moisturized. The texture didn't really bother me..but if you like that squeeky clean feeling...I wouldn't reccomend this product to you.
The exfoliating beads (peach stone) are coarse..but don't irritate my skin...people have also been complaining about there not being enough beads for exfoliating..I beg to differ...if you have acne prone skin..exfoliating can be quite harsh and very irritating and cause you to break out! This product has enough beads in it to exfoliate without irritating your acne! Which is GREAT!
Is this helping my acne? Havent noticed a huge difference..but I've only used the product once a week for 2 weeks..so far...
It hasn't broken me out though either...which is a big plus :)
st. Ives started to break me out..but I wasn't looking for a st. Ives dupe,..

To sum things up: good product...gentle on acne...moisturizing...doesn't clog pores...exfoliates well.

Will update if anything changes. :)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/30/2010 11:08:00 PM More reviews by jessica911

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love Burt's Bees products, just not this one. This left a waxy film on my skin and it really irritated my sensitive skin. just not a good product.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2010 10:28:00 PM More reviews by jaya_1981

I like this scrub. I use it on wet skin before my cleanser, remove with a flannel then cleanse. That makes sure the waxy feel doesn't remain on your face. It smells lovely and does reaveal nice bright skin after gentle use

rated 3 of 5 on 1/8/2010 2:49:00 PM More reviews by Tsuginami

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought this on ebay, as I wasn't prepared to pay full price for this without testing it out first. I'm glad I didn't pay full price. I find myself having to wash my face with cleanser again after using this, as it leaves a horrible waxy film on my face. The granules are big, and seem to be quite effective when I use a larger amount on my face. My skin feels softer, and maybe looks a little brighter, but nothing amazing. There seems to be more waxy emolient, compared to granules. So I ended using up the whole tube within a month, while scrubbing my face twice a week. Overall, I think St Ives does a better job at clearing up oily skin, and it lasts much longer.