December 19, 2014 | 1138 users online

Other - Omega 3 supplement

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2008 7:23:00 PM More reviews by MangoGreenTea

I can't live without these. Before I started taking these, I had the crappiest skin. I was breaking out in cysts everywhere and I was finally fed up. My friend has this amazing, perfect, glowing skin and I had to find out what her secret was. She told me it was these pills. I did a little research and decided to try them. Within the first week of trying them, my skin clearly improved. My family noticed and was like, "Oh! Nice skin! So what are you doing?" I happily told them it was these pills. My friends are starting take them as well. They really work. As an added bonus, they make your hair and nails grow like crazy. I'll probably never stop taking these. Love 'em!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 12/23/2008 11:51:00 PM More reviews by tanqclaude26

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wanted to love these, as I know they are supposed to be good for skin, heart health, brain health, etc. etc. I thought they were working fine until I noticed increased breakouts along my chin. I even had some cystic acne develop. I never linked these breakouts with the fish oil until reading other reviews. When I stopped the fish oil, things quickly improved. I will not take these again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2008 2:50:00 PM More reviews by urstandingonmytoes

I take these religiously, along with CoQ10 and I've noticed an increase in my energy level. Omega 3 have anti-inflammatory properties that are good for the heart. I find that if I take these after a long run, my knees and shins don't get as sore. There are medical studies that prove Omega 3's aren't just a "placebo" effect. In fact a lot of cardiologists recommend CoQ10 and Omega 3's as supplements after open heart surgery. FYI: because Omega 3's are an oil and as such, can go rancid after a time, I keep mine in the fridge to help avoid that.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2008 7:30:00 PM More reviews by iuhooch625

I take one of these twice a day, and it has really helped keep breakouts down to a minimum and my skin just looks much more glowy and even-toned. I stopped using them for a short time when I ran out and I could tell a major difference in my skin, so I started taking them again. I buy the Nature Made brand, and I have not had any problems with fish burps (as I have had with some other brands). Overall, I'm very pleased and will continue to use daily.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2008 3:43:00 AM More reviews by shonasky

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I know that a few of you believe this to have a placebo effect, however, trust me when I say that I can tell a difference in my horribly acne prone skin. I started taking this product one week ago - just one week! - and already have I seen a dramatic difference in my disgusting skin! Acne has been smoothed over and is deflating, redness is blending into a healthy ivory (I am very pale, and my breakouts are even more pronounced due to it) and scars are fading! My skin also has a nice glow about it. I have not noticed a difference in my hair yet, but will update if I do, and incoming nail on my nailbed are much smoother and shinier, due to their young age or these pills has yet to be seen. My acne on my back has also reduced greatly. I have been using Now Super Omega 3-6-9 with Borage, Flax Seed and Fish Oil, that I stole from my brother (I don't know how much they cost, but will buy more when I need to!) I freeze these and this had decreased the fishy burps that I would sometimes experience when taking it with food. These pills, water, benzoyl peroxide, good foods, and sleep, have all been a huge factor in my becomingly beautiful skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2008 11:00:00 PM More reviews by pinkyohana

I love Omega 3 Fish Oil... Although the pills are fairly big, even if it's gel-form, I take it not only for beauty reasons, but health as well. I need to start taking them twice a day since I snagged a bunch on clearance at Target. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2008 12:01:00 PM More reviews by laras219

i take 2 pills of omega 369 every day and they seem to really help improving my skin condition.. i break out waaay less than i used to..

rated 1 of 5 on 11/26/2008 6:24:00 PM More reviews by HarNiFestEller

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Fish Oil is bad. It causes pimples on my calves. And makes me burb. Breath stinks too. My cat is always in my face trying to give me kisses but that grosses out my boyfriend so I'm gonna stop taking them.
As far as skin, nails and hair goes I still prefer everything that's fake. Thanks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2008 12:43:00 AM More reviews by doe_eyed_kitty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've been taking Omega 3 pills for 4 months now and i'm so glad i did! My nails are stronger, leess brittle and so is my hair. Skin's more supple too!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2008 5:57:00 PM More reviews by bludvls849

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've been taking these since I was a kid...my dad SWEARS by fish oil (he's been taking it since he was a kid too, but he took it in the pure oil form), claims it's the reason why he's 53 without a single gray hair...

I don't think this is a miracle product. I still break out and my hair looks the same. Maybe I'll find out in the long run how beneficial this really is but I'd chalk up up my skin and hair to genetics more than what I eat...

EDIT: oh jeezus. i guess i really needed this after all. i stopped taking this for a few weeks during exams and my skin looked TERRIBLE - am back on the omega-3 supplements, hopefully my skin will clear up.