mark Powder Buff powder foundation

3.9

Mica, Nylon-12, Methoxycinnamate, Zinc Stearate, Benzophenone-3, Silica, Dimethicone, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Kaolin, PPG-12/SMDI Copolymer, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Squalane, Triethoxysilylethyl Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Methicone Crosspolymer, Polyperfluoromethylisopropyl Ether, Cyclodextrin, Sodium Polyacrylate, Methicone, Lauryl PCA, Tocopheryl Acetate, Zinc PCA, Methylparaben, Butylparaben. MAY CONTAIN: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Yellow 5 Lake, Bismuth Oxychloride.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This foundation is Holy Grail status! ive been checking out powder foundations for a while (i have oily skin and thought they may b better for my skin than liquid) and ive tried bare escentuals (WAY too shiny), maybelline purestay (irritated my skin), loreal bare naturale (same freaky shine as b.e. plus made my skin itch), maybelline mineral power (all colors too dark and orange or too pink), avon smooth mineral makeup (too cakey), everyday minerals satin finish (made me oilier), everyday minerals matte finish (REALLY wanted to love this but too heavy and unnatural looking). so as you can tell my skin is a bit persnickety and im a bit picky when it comes to foundations but this foundation is unbelievably PERFECT!! I have light skin with yellow undertones and i got the color Buff Skin. the shades online are a bit off but Buff Skin it is a light golden shade with yellow undertones. It is $9 which is a bargain for such a great product. It is sooo lightweight in the way it feels and looks. doesnt make me look fuzzy or cakey at all an looks really natural (indoors AND out!). if layered im sure it could b full coverage but i dont need much coverage so one layer is great for me. goes on soo smooth and thats exactly how ur skin looks, SMOOTH, EVEN and FLAW-FREE (no joke!). feels super comfortable on my sensitive, persnickety skin. i apply with my Coastal Scents Ultimate Badger Kabuki Brush and buff it in. i cannot tell you how much i LOVE this foundation! i will definitely be buying again and again:)

on 6/16/2009 12:02:00 AM

I just got this today, I am really impressed with the coverage, it totally covered my large poors and old acne scars. My face looked flawless! I have very fair skin and so I ordered this in ivory. With blush and bronzer it looks fabulous. Giving it 4 lippies pending on how it looks tomorrow when I wear it all day. So we'll see. I'm pleasantly surprised so far.

Update: I'm sorry Mark/Avon, but I had to remove a lippie. After using this for a week I discovered a flaw. Whenever I sweat, this product just smears right off. I noticed it gasp, at work that it left the redness around my nose and mouth exposed when I perspired. Maybe a primer would help? Dunno. but over all this is a great product, for cooler months for me. Back to my regular mineral foundation that doesnt budge when I sweat.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have over 40 dry sensitive skin with a bit of rosacea. I prefer this powder foundation compared to liquid as the application is easy to use, I can apply it as needed and there is less mess.

I wore Studio Tech by M.A.C. for several years but I could no longer afford the C$35.00 price tag. So after much searching I've happily found this product by mark. Costs $10.

The powder goes smoothly on my skin and doesn't show the lines. It covers the redness and blemishes. I find the coverage lasts about 5 hours. I have no issues with caking, breakouts or discolouring of product.

The packaging of Powder Buff is attractive but the compact is not as sturdy as the M.A.C. equivalent. I try to be gentle with the compact as once I broke a compact halfway through its use.

Given the price and the quality of the product, I consider this my Holy Grail and will continue purchasing Powder Buff as long as it is made!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Love Love Love this! Shiseido has been my HG for YEARS. I have tried a frillion powder foundations and this is the closest I can get to it coverage and overall feel- wise.

I have noticed some comments of this being too powdery or chalky. I solved this with buffing in a little mineral veil after bronzing, highlighting, and blush. It smooths everything out nicely. This is awesome for summer,I just use it right over concealer and moisturizer

The packaging is very nicely done as well. No flimsy sponge, nice weight, feels much more high end than $8.

I love this stuff! I got the second lightest shade (which, the name escapes me now, but good choice) and it applies like a dream. I use the little foam pad that came with it. I also tried using my SK Flat Top brush but it didn't apply so nicely. I know a lot of reviews say the applicator in the package is a cheap flimsy thing but I actually like it, plus it's easily replaced. Other reviews are correct in saying that it shows flakes of dry skin, so a word to put on a good moisturizer, and make sure it's sunk in before application. I have combo skin which usually leans to the oily side, and after about a week, no sign of breakouts. Last night I was out and some guy commented on my skin, calling it porcelain-like, I haven't heard that sort of comment in a while, and when I got ready today, I thought about using a different foundation, but grabbed for this based on that comment alone. I hope it continues to work well on me, and for $8 it's a total steal.

on 5/27/2009 12:37:00 AM

I love love love this product. I wear Powder Buff almost every day. Summer days, I wear it as a foundation by itself. Or with a tinted moisturizer. Nights out I use it as a powder with liquid foundation. It really evens everything out and puts a nice finish. No steaks or lines left. It also really holds down my blush and concealer.

on 5/13/2009 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am so happy that mark makes this amazing powder foundation! I only have good things to say about it and have received many compliments on my skin. People say that my skin looks amazing. What girl wouldn't want to hear that, right! The color I use is Nude and is very natural. Definetly not orangey as many powders can come across being. I usually wear this on top of my foundation to set it and use it once or twice during the day for touch ups. The sponge is great and has a nice compartment under the powder to store it. Overall, a great product. I have used Merle Norman, Lancome, and Estee Lauder, along with Maybelline and Covergirl and always come back to this product. Why change if you have a perfect product! Oh, and no funky smell either!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Until discovering this amaing product, I've never been a fan of powder foundation. After experimenting with several from other companies - ranging from dirt cheap to 30 bucks - I found that they all provided inadequate coverage, looked cakey, and wore off within a couple hours. Had I not ordered the samples of this product from mark, I probably never would have tried it out based on past experiences with powder foundation. Do your skin a favor & try this one!

My experience:
I dabbed some of my regular Cover Girl liquid concealer on blemishes and freckles before applying the mark powder foundation. (On my next order I'll be receiving the mark concealer & will let you know how that goes!) After a little concealer, I used a thin powder puff – not the thick puff that’s included - to apply the powder foundation. I was amazed at how easily it blended right into my skin while giving an amazingly flawless finish. Now I have far from perfect skin, but a few swipes of this makeup made it look like I had no pores, no freckles, no red marks & no acne.

Since I had a long day ahead of me, I put my regular liquid foundation in my purse, in case the powder wore off - which I was expecting. I went to a movie and dinner, after which I checked my face in the mirror. Much to my amazement, the powder foundation was still in place and my skin still looked flawless! It was about 50% less shiny than usual and my makeup still felt fresh. With most liquid foundations, my face tends to feel sticky and oily after only a couple hours, so that 'just applied' feeling was a definite plus!

Without re-doing my makeup, I went out to meet some friends for a concert & stayed out until 3am...at which time my makeup was still in place and looked great! I really couldn't believe it. About 14 hours after first applying the powder foundation, it still looked the same as it did 10 minutes after I first put it on. That has NEVER happened with any foundation I've ever used. I had no need for foundation touch-ups, just applied some Cover Girl powder about 4 times throughout the 14 hours to cut down on shine. Normally, I need to completely re-apply my foundation after about 7 hours because it always seems to magically disappear from my face - but not with this product. I'm in love with mark Powder Foundation!!!

The only cons? I wish the compact was thinner for portability. Also, I found that the cosmetic sponge, which sits in the bottom compartment of the compact, was useless. It has a waxy latex feeling and piles on way too much of the foundation at one time. I replaced it with a very thin foam sponge, and also tried a thin velour compact puff – both of which worked wonderfully!

on 4/2/2009 5:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

i have repurchased the powder buff. i really like it. it covers very well. my only problem is that my closes shade is honey and it is a little dark. when i am tan it matches perfectly. i will def use this makeup in the summer.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

It's my first time using a powder foundation and I really like it, except for the color match. I got this out of a catalog and I picked my usual ivory but it was too light when I put it on, I looked like a white ghost! I would buy this again but in a darker shade.

This foundation is super matifying! No shine for me through out the day but it was too dry for my skin. It will be perfect during the summer time.

Overall- very good foundation! Matte and good coverage!