Boots no7 Protect and Perfect beauty serum

3.4

Cyclopentasiloxane, Aqua (Water), Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Cyclohexasiloxane, Glycerin, Dimethicone Copolyol, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Polysorbate 20, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium PCA, Retinyl Palmitate, Methylparaben, Propylene Glycol, Lupinus Albus Seed Extract, Carbomer, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Morus Alba Leaf Extract, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Much better than a chafing gel primer... those are all silicone and this makes skin feel like velvet without just sitting on the surface. I have the Smashbox primer too, and it just sits on the surface of your skin. It claims to build a bridge over wrinkles, but I don't have any or fine lines either. I just want a good light weight primer that doubles as a skincare serum. It has other skin improving ingredients besides wrinkle repair. $20 is nothing in the beauty industry, and it's worth it. I'd say the original is good for people 35 and under with mild to no sun damage or wrinkles. The intense version is good for those 30 and over with moderate fine lines and wrinkles. We all age differently, so you can guess which one is right for you. I've made a seperate link for the Intense version because these are very different and it deserves it's own page.

RIGHT NOW THERE IS A $2 OFF COUPON FOR TARGET ON THE BOOTS US WEBSITE!!!

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I loove this serum! my mom uses this, and so do i (she doesn't know that of course, haha)
Yeah i'm only 15 years old, and many people would think that 15 is too young for this, but you know what? too bad. It is never too early to start using anti aging products. i was 8 years old when i first started using anti aging moisturizers. and my skin is perfect.
i find this serum evens out my skin tone and makes it look REALLY smooth. the first time i started using this was before i went to school in the morning, and when i got to school all my girlfriends were like "i like your skin emily" and i was like "thaaanks ;) " and its all because of this.
i use this after cleansing and moisturize after this.

INTENSE SERUM!

I am absolutely loving this serum. I seem forever on the hunt for a good moisturizer and my quest led me to Boots No7 products. I've used Estee Lauder's Night Repair but didn't feel or notice a difference, except in my pocket book that is. Man, that stuff's expensive! I don't mind too too much if I see or feel a product is working but I honestly didn't notice a difference. Meh

I also tried Philosophy's WHINE serum for a couple of years. I found that to be just ok. I never found it to be anything that 'wowed' me but I used it until I finished it. I bought a huge bottle from QVC.

I wanted something that I would see and/or feel working not just some expensive brand name product that was supposed to work or I'd feel after many months of use or several finished bottles of product. I don't expect an instant miracle but I'd like to see or feel something when I use a product. Some hint that I've spent my money on something worthwhile.

Then I found Boots No 7 Protect & Perfect. I'd heard incredible things about the serum and thought, what the heck. Shoppers in Canada had the stuff on sale for 25% off and a points promotion that if I spent $30 I'd get 8,000 points. Double what the heck!! lol

I bought it and played with the other stuff to decide which moisturizer I'd like. I've been using it for a couple of weeks now and am really, truly, madly in love. It's a wondrous product! I simply adore how it feels on my face. I can't stop feeling how soft my skin is. I use it morning and night. I actually feel a difference in my skin in the short time I've been using it. It feels so much softer and I am starting to see a teeny bit of difference in lines around my eyes and mouth. It's only been two weeks but even if there's no big visible difference, which I'm not expecting, I do feel a difference and that's enough for me to keep using it. It can only get better from here I think.

I hate feeling greasy mid-day or when I wake up so I worried about using a serum and a moisturizer together but I'm not finding a problem with these products. It is wonderful and I will certainly buy it again and not the Night Repair or WHINE. I actually bought two during the 25% off sale. LOL

I highly recommend the Protect & Perfect Intense Serum. One Shoppers I visited had a huge stock of the stuff, around 40 bottles or so. I hadn't seen that many, 3 - 5 was the norm I'd seen in different stores, and one of the staff told me that they have people that buy 5 or 6 bottles of it at a time when they go on sale so they stocked up. (that's what pushed me to get the second bottle) I don't regret it.

I love the glass bottle. I love the pump that gives you the perfect amount of product to use and I especially love how my skin feels after using it for only a couple of weeks. I am definately hooked on this serum. I can't wait to see and feel the difference in my skin after months or years of using it.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This works!! I use it on fine lines on my forehead and the corners of my mouth (they are not deep or obvoius though) and i have definiely noticed an improvement!! Will continue to use in conjunction with the P&P night cream (the day cream is too heavy for me). Great product that delivers!

REVIEW OF THE INTENSE VERSION

This is, hands down, the best serum I have ever used. The consistency is perfect, light but still smoothing and my skin does look better when I use it. I have used the original P&P for a few years before, with moderate results, but this version is better. After 8 weeks the intense has made the lines under my eyes a little less prominent as well as those on my forehead. This being despite no harsh side effects, the serum is very gentle. No miracle product for sure, but it has a very visible smoothing effect on my skin and makes it more glowing. I prefer this over Cliniques turn-around-serum for instance, which is a somewhat similar product. The only drawback with P&P intense is the price, I think Boots overcharge this a lot, simply because they can!

This review is for the INTENSE- VERSION - new release.
I agree with previous posters who say the original is not very effective. Howver, the NEW intense serum is fantastic,effective and has an excellent texture when applying ! I am now on a 2nd bottle of this stuff- so far my skin is looking great- smooth ,feels good ,glowing.

No improvement in skin what so ever and my first tube is almost finished.
Not sure if my recent breakouts comes from this or hormones, either way, the fine lines are still there, as visible as always.
This is a primer, not skincare, and when the silicones are washed away, the effect is gone.

Way too expensive! While it does provide nice, smooth moisture, I bought this for fine line reduction and It doesn't do what it claims to do! It works as a face primer, but then again, so does a 7.99 anti-chafing gel. I was very disappointed in this product and will not repurchase. Also, for 19.00 dollars I expected more product than I got. I really don't understand all the hype for this.

This review is for the "Intense" version of the serum.

I used this for 2 months as a day moisturiser, accompanied by the P&P night cream and eye cream (both good). The serum has a pleasant texture, and certainly leaves skin feeling silky and smooth. It did not break me out in spots, which some heavier serums/creams do. However, I did not see any reduction whatsoever in the fine lines on my forehead (which the promotional material strongly implies should happen). Given that I bought the serum in the hope of reducing these lines, I won't be repurchasing. I now use Avene Ystheal emulsion, which is significantly better.

Packaging: the glass bottle gives the product an expensive feel, but the pump means that some product is wasted at the bottom. I unscrewed the pump-cap to scoop out as much as possible from the bottom!

I have used this on and off for the last 6 months. Initially it stopped all my mini break-outs, and gives a very smooth finish which is ideal to apply make-up to.....
I'm 27 and I dont have wrinkles yet, so can't comment on that. However, my boyfriend is 36 and it worked wonders on his skin - he looks MUCH younger! Although now I know he's stealing it he buys his own - the No7 men's version. lol
All the hype suggests this is the most effective anti-ageing serum out there, and at 19.99 it's thereforepretty good value. Plus, No7 always have 3 for 2 or 5 off events, so it makes sense to stock up at those times.
Will definitely continue to buy - maybe it'll help stave the wrinkles off for a bit longer with continued use!