October 1, 2014 | 1251 users online

Treatments (Face) - Boots - no7 Protect and Perfect beauty serum

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2010 5:36:00 AM More reviews by pixiep

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

REVIEW OF THE INTENSE VERSION

This is, hands down, the best serum I have ever used. The consistency is perfect, light but still smoothing and my skin does look better when I use it. I have used the original P&P for a few years before, with moderate results, but this version is better. After 8 weeks the intense has made the lines under my eyes a little less prominent as well as those on my forehead. This being despite no harsh side effects, the serum is very gentle. No miracle product for sure, but it has a very visible smoothing effect on my skin and makes it more glowing. I prefer this over Cliniques turn-around-serum for instance, which is a somewhat similar product. The only drawback with P&P intense is the price, I think Boots overcharge this a lot, simply because they can!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2010 9:49:00 PM More reviews by Melloney

This review is for the INTENSE- VERSION - new release.
I agree with previous posters who say the original is not very effective. Howver, the NEW intense serum is fantastic,effective and has an excellent texture when applying ! I am now on a 2nd bottle of this stuff- so far my skin is looking great- smooth ,feels good ,glowing.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 5/3/2010 3:29:00 PM More reviews by chimmzy

No improvement in skin what so ever and my first tube is almost finished.
Not sure if my recent breakouts comes from this or hormones, either way, the fine lines are still there, as visible as always.
This is a primer, not skincare, and when the silicones are washed away, the effect is gone.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/30/2010 11:31:00 PM More reviews by rocknrolljane

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Way too expensive! While it does provide nice, smooth moisture, I bought this for fine line reduction and It doesn't do what it claims to do! It works as a face primer, but then again, so does a 7.99 anti-chafing gel. I was very disappointed in this product and will not repurchase. Also, for 19.00 dollars I expected more product than I got. I really don't understand all the hype for this.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/14/2010 8:59:00 AM More reviews by bluestocking17

This review is for the "Intense" version of the serum.

I used this for 2 months as a day moisturiser, accompanied by the P&P night cream and eye cream (both good). The serum has a pleasant texture, and certainly leaves skin feeling silky and smooth. It did not break me out in spots, which some heavier serums/creams do. However, I did not see any reduction whatsoever in the fine lines on my forehead (which the promotional material strongly implies should happen). Given that I bought the serum in the hope of reducing these lines, I won't be repurchasing. I now use Avene Ystheal emulsion, which is significantly better.

Packaging: the glass bottle gives the product an expensive feel, but the pump means that some product is wasted at the bottom. I unscrewed the pump-cap to scoop out as much as possible from the bottom!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2010 7:49:00 AM More reviews by helbeluk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have used this on and off for the last 6 months. Initially it stopped all my mini break-outs, and gives a very smooth finish which is ideal to apply make-up to.....
I'm 27 and I dont have wrinkles yet, so can't comment on that. However, my boyfriend is 36 and it worked wonders on his skin - he looks MUCH younger! Although now I know he's stealing it he buys his own - the No7 men's version. lol
All the hype suggests this is the most effective anti-ageing serum out there, and at 19.99 it's thereforepretty good value. Plus, No7 always have 3 for 2 or 5 off events, so it makes sense to stock up at those times.
Will definitely continue to buy - maybe it'll help stave the wrinkles off for a bit longer with continued use!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/9/2010 9:35:00 PM More reviews by Evey22

Not sure what this is suppose to do for my face since I haven't notice any difference in my face since I started using it and I've been using it for about a month now. It does make you face feel super silky after putting it on but that's it.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/4/2010 9:37:00 AM More reviews by Kati3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I fell for the hype and swapped my Loreal Night Cream with retinol for this product. I haven't really noticed any results and am almost finished the tube. While it does moisturise it hasn't reduced any of the fine lines around my eyes.
After not having used it for a week or so I used it yesterday and today I have broken out around my upper lip. So I won't be repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/16/2010 1:51:00 PM More reviews by cleo7858

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is for the original protect and perfect beauty serum (not the intense one). I used this product for more than 8 weeks. During the first few weeks, my skin's texture improved noticeably. The pores (i had very large pores!) were minimized and the blackheads were gone. I was really impressed, except for one thing: after more than 8 weeks, when i was on my third bottle, the skin near my mouth (my most sensitive) started to develop some redness. It looked like an allergy. I suspect this serum was the cause because after I stopped using it, the redness had vanished. And since i still have 75 per cent of the third bottle, i'm always tempted to give the serum another try and everytime i do, the redness appears a few hours after. i made at least four tries just to be sure. but it does irritate the skin near my mouth. I feel sad. I really like the effect of this product on my overall skin's texture. the most sensitive part of my face just doesn't like it!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2010 6:17:00 AM More reviews by fashionturnip

NB--Im using the new 30ml squeezy bottle, which is great.

I would recommend NO7 protect and perfect serum. Ive been using it day and night (missed a few) since xmas, and i would say i can see a difference in pigmentation, pores and minor wrinkles.

Its a slow process, so dont expect an overnight miracle, but the SA said the original one for 25+ skin is fine. The 'intense' version is for older skin.

When i put it on though--its worth baring in mind that you need a small blob of moisturizer (i just use a cheap 'simple' one), otherwise my skin looks kinda dry looking up close. I put both products on the back of my hand and kinda of blend them into my face.

I plan to do the 3 for 2 thing when i have to repurchase, and ill get the night cream and eye cream.

So far im pleased, I would definitely say this is worth purchasing and worth the 20 price tag. The tube lasts just over 1 months if applying twice daily. I really like it! I wasnt sure after about week 2.5--but after i started adding the moisturiser it looked better.

However, when i can afford to i will try 'dr sebagh' but he is REALLY expensive.