October 31, 2014 | 1347 users online

Liquid - Make Up For Ever - Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 2/16/2014 11:52:00 AM More reviews by Rudy008

Used it twice (bought yesterday): it has never been mat, neither when just applied: it is immediately shiny. I'm asking why it is called velvet mat? However when used with a fixing powder, the result is pleasant, good coverage (i have not acne) and teint. But how long does it last? Half an hour? For the sum that I paid, I'll keep on using it for a while on, and being doubtful that there exsist foundations that make your skin not shine. Previous to this, I used two compact foundations, shiseido pureness and mac fix - good result for the first hour, (although shine started to show since the first twenty minutes...) then seemed to be "eaten" by the sebum..I thought that a fluid would last more, but it's not the case. But why so many people appreciate it? Research goes on

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2014 6:39:00 PM More reviews by snoopydood

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have an oily/combination skin, prone to breakouts specially on the chin area. I tried a lot of full coverage foundations, and the last one was Revlon color stay, which has broke me out real bad every time I used it. The MUFE Mat velvet plus feels like nothing on my skin, but it looks amazing. I have tried to put different amounts on my face and the best application is with the smallest amount. It does become cakey if I apply too much. It is not full coverage on me though. I do get shiny after a while, but I watched Lisa Eldridge talking about it being normal, even with the best foundations and powders to be oily after 4 hours or so.
So overall, I love this foundation and I would repurchase it again!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/4/2014 8:22:00 AM More reviews by marchell

After reading so many positive reviews about this foundation, I finally went to Sephora and bought it. As far as coverage, this foundation is fantastic, very natural colors, no orange tint. I don't understand the packaging, why is there like no product in the bottle? Also I literally put this product on and ten minutes later, it has already creased at the sides of my mouth and it does not last very long, 5 hours tops. I'm a simple girl, easy to please but this foundation is horrible. I wouldn't buy this if you have oily-combination skin. I'll stick to my MAC foundations, those people really know what they're doing

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2014 8:16:00 PM More reviews by yoki88

i have a combimation skin i used the make yp forever hd foundation at first i noticed the it fades away after one hour i hated my face although its coverage was good but i had a very shiny face so i searched for something to control oils i found this in the site and read the reviews and tried it in store i like it alot i used to take #15 in mufe hd but #20 fits my skin in mat velvet i think it also a bit lighter than #20 in the other one
i loved this foundation from the first use
especially because it lasts all the day make my face looks perfect i use it with mufe mattifying loose powder they give me a great result ive no need to use a primer with it cause my skin is too oily to shine after putting this foundation
in cold days to prevent dryness i can put it with "mac storbe cream" it gives me a natural glow with this matte foundation
the coverage is medium if u have some acne but if u have a good skin the coverage will be perfect for you
and yes i will buy it again :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2014 6:32:00 PM More reviews by cblackburn88

I have SUPER oily skin, and this is a godsend.
I apply this foundation with a damp beauty blender and it works like a dream.

I tend to also powder this foundation because i get super shiny throughout the day. I haven't had a problem or issue blending my contour, blush or concealer into it.
Just beautiful.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/28/2014 11:15:00 PM More reviews by RavenBlaize

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really do not like this foundation. I was super excited to buy it & try it out but sadly disappointed after wearing it a few times. I have acne-prone, combo oily - dry skin. I was looking for a foundation that would keep me matte, give me coverage & last on my skin. It wore off onto my jacket & my fiance noticed, needless to say i was embarrassed as I wondered how many other people have noticed my jacket. Also, when applying it, it goes on pretty sheer. Its a light coverage foundation. It did not cover my acne at all, even when I tried to layer. I found it looked like I was noticably wearing foundation if I built it up. I would definitely not recommend this product to people with similar skin. I have a sample of Double Wear (which is quite a bit cheaper) but I find it is a lot better of a product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2014 6:29:00 PM More reviews by Samha246

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this foundation. It keeps my oily skin matte. I also love that I found a good match to my skin tone. The smell is nice too.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/24/2014 4:10:00 PM More reviews by aviernes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I personally do not like this product at all. I had bought 2 bottles thinking that my first bottle was a bad batch because it did not do anything that it claims to do for my foundation. The first thing I noticed was the smell, it has a strong chemical smell which you can definitely smell on your face when you try it on. The color match is off, its more on the pinky side for almost all the shades. Initially it does mattify my face but throughout the day it starts to look blotchy and it makes my skin oily. This product also oxidizes especially on warmer days and I live in Hawaii so it does not withstand the humidity here.
Overall, I think this product was a waste of money and there are better and more affordable foundations out there. Probably one of the worst foundations Ive tried. On the plus side, the only thing I liked was the packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2014 11:57:00 PM More reviews by bkstyle005

My new staple foundation. I am acne-prone and oiled up in my T-Zone areas and dry everywhere else, but once I apply this foundation, my goodness--talk about a total transformation. I use a #75 shade and it blends perfectly. After wearing it all day (~12hours), it still looks flawless and photo ready. I do prefer to blend it in with my fingers instead of my foundation brush. Glad I made the switch from Estee Lauder.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2014 1:49:00 AM More reviews by Jhulagurl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Not impressed with this foundation. This is almost 40 bucks so I definitely had higher expectations for it. It has a super POWDERY finish, which I just cannot stand. A super powdery looking face is very AGING and does not look good on anyone. With this on you can told tell your wearing a full face of makeup. Also, I have combo skin and there is no oil control to this foundation. It also broke me out in several red acne bumps. If you touch your face the makeup will come right off. My HG is Cover Girl Stay fabulous, which totally blows this pricey foundation out of the water. Its sweat proof, oily skin proof and just fabulous! It stays on 10x longer than the MUFE and does not transfer or look super powdery. I highly recommend the Cover Girl, go try it!