November 23, 2014 | 1173 users online

Liquid - Make Up For Ever - Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 3/1/2014 10:27:00 PM More reviews by Spageddies

I really wanted to love this product, I have oily skin so the idea of a matte foundation was perfect for me. I was matched at sephora with their color iq tool. when I tried it on in the store I was amazed at how the color matched perfectly and how the finish looked like natural skin. I purchased a tube and wore the foundation every day that week, and by the end of every day my face was a slick mess. I also developed a huge zit on my cheek, which was not normal. I tried different finishing powders, sprays,and primers and nothing helped. I had to return it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2014 11:10:00 PM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was so excited that this came in my color, but this foundation was a big letdown for me. The palest shade is a perfect neutral ivory, but this is in no way matte, besides the fact that it emphasizes dry spots. This sat horribly on top of my skin and separated like crazy. By noon I was an oil slick. Glad I tried a sample before buying it.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/26/2014 3:33:00 PM More reviews by chichiritchie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It's not as full coverage as I thought it would be. I'll switch back to Clinique's foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2014 5:26:00 PM More reviews by xKandixRaverx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm essentially a ghost with acne, and the lightest shade (15, I believe) works perfectly for me. Throughout the day, oil seems to peek through on my nose but it's nothing some powder can't fix. It's pretty pricey but worth it as I have a hard time finding foundations pale enough. I wouldn't reccomend this if you have dry skin. I will definitely be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2014 12:07:00 PM More reviews by Beautynbullets

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love the whole MU Forever line, especially their foundations, I like the Mat Velvet, it has def made my skin look like silk, on days where the weather is warm or humid this is my go=to foundation, I usually use the HD foundation on a regular basis.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/16/2014 11:52:00 AM More reviews by Rudy008

Used it twice (bought yesterday): it has never been mat, neither when just applied: it is immediately shiny. I'm asking why it is called velvet mat? However when used with a fixing powder, the result is pleasant, good coverage (i have not acne) and teint. But how long does it last? Half an hour? For the sum that I paid, I'll keep on using it for a while on, and being doubtful that there exsist foundations that make your skin not shine. Previous to this, I used two compact foundations, shiseido pureness and mac fix - good result for the first hour, (although shine started to show since the first twenty minutes...) then seemed to be "eaten" by the sebum..I thought that a fluid would last more, but it's not the case. But why so many people appreciate it? Research goes on

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2014 6:39:00 PM More reviews by snoopydood

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have an oily/combination skin, prone to breakouts specially on the chin area. I tried a lot of full coverage foundations, and the last one was Revlon color stay, which has broke me out real bad every time I used it. The MUFE Mat velvet plus feels like nothing on my skin, but it looks amazing. I have tried to put different amounts on my face and the best application is with the smallest amount. It does become cakey if I apply too much. It is not full coverage on me though. I do get shiny after a while, but I watched Lisa Eldridge talking about it being normal, even with the best foundations and powders to be oily after 4 hours or so.
So overall, I love this foundation and I would repurchase it again!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/4/2014 8:22:00 AM More reviews by marchell

After reading so many positive reviews about this foundation, I finally went to Sephora and bought it. As far as coverage, this foundation is fantastic, very natural colors, no orange tint. I don't understand the packaging, why is there like no product in the bottle? Also I literally put this product on and ten minutes later, it has already creased at the sides of my mouth and it does not last very long, 5 hours tops. I'm a simple girl, easy to please but this foundation is horrible. I wouldn't buy this if you have oily-combination skin. I'll stick to my MAC foundations, those people really know what they're doing

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2014 8:16:00 PM More reviews by yoki88

i have a combimation skin i used the make yp forever hd foundation at first i noticed the it fades away after one hour i hated my face although its coverage was good but i had a very shiny face so i searched for something to control oils i found this in the site and read the reviews and tried it in store i like it alot i used to take #15 in mufe hd but #20 fits my skin in mat velvet i think it also a bit lighter than #20 in the other one
i loved this foundation from the first use
especially because it lasts all the day make my face looks perfect i use it with mufe mattifying loose powder they give me a great result ive no need to use a primer with it cause my skin is too oily to shine after putting this foundation
in cold days to prevent dryness i can put it with "mac storbe cream" it gives me a natural glow with this matte foundation
the coverage is medium if u have some acne but if u have a good skin the coverage will be perfect for you
and yes i will buy it again :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2014 6:32:00 PM More reviews by cblackburn88

I have SUPER oily skin, and this is a godsend.
I apply this foundation with a damp beauty blender and it works like a dream.

I tend to also powder this foundation because i get super shiny throughout the day. I haven't had a problem or issue blending my contour, blush or concealer into it.
Just beautiful.