July 31, 2014 | 1944 users online

Liquid - Make Up For Ever - Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2014 8:44:00 PM More reviews by Lrc1024

Amazing stuff! The price is ehh not so good but worth your money! On my second bottle and it's lasted me for 7 months! I also use this everyday. It helps amazing with covering scars & acne. I use it with my beauty blender & wow. Perfect! I also always use a setting powder so not so sure how matte it is without one. I have very oily skin & this really was just great. Sometimes when I'm lazy I don't add primer and it still works awesome! Love love love it! Worth your money for sure.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/23/2013 11:09:00 AM More reviews by aliciabarbier

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

i had an oil slick on my face within an hour of using this. it also seems to oxidize a bit after an hour or so. it felt heavy on my skin even though i applied lightly (buffed lightly into skin using an hourglass foundation brush). not impressed, especially considering the cost.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/13/2013 2:18:00 AM More reviews by ericajaneee

I recently bought a sample of this after seeing people's good reviews about it on this website. First off I do have to say that this foundation is definitely expensive which is a shame.
It smells nice and applies very easily on the skin with a medium-full coverage. It does dry quite fast though which makes it hard to blend it in well enough. Whilst wearing it it feels very lightweight and looks quite natural but the finish is a little matter than I expected. The big downside for me was how it lasted on my skin. It looked natural after I first applied it but after 5 minutes it had already slipped off and patched on the oily parts of my skin and had also sunk into the pores and fine lines around my mouth and nose. It also didn't stay on very well, even after talking on my phone for only a little while it had left an oily foundation covered film on the screen.
For now I will not be purchasing this again, but when I manage to find a primer that works well for my skin I will definitely give it another go, I suspect a good primer may make all the difference!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2013 3:16:00 AM More reviews by MissJoceV

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think I have found a winner! I've tried so many different liquid foundations, it's borderline ridiculous. I constantly read over reviews on what might be best for my super sensitive, VERY acne prone, combination skin and before MUFE Mat Velvet had yet to find one. I recently purchased it and fell in love! So far NO breakouts, feels very light on the skin and STAYS MAT! (For my ladies who are dealing with acne: I cannot stress enough how hard it is trying to find a foundation that doesn't irritate the skin and cause it to break out; I'm currently on medication, as well as using topical creams and it's so frustrating trying to get my skin back to normal yet NEEDING a face full of makeup, I strongly suggest this foundation. Most important factor for me is that it does not irritate my skin, and also provides the coverage I need for the bumps and scars I do have, without looking cakey!) THANK YOU MUFE!! ;)

rated 2 of 5 on 12/4/2013 9:46:00 PM More reviews by yummigummies

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

This product packaging looks budget and it is quite pricey but gives very nice finishing and natural-matt look after application. The tone for this product is also quite limited and it is only stated on the bottom of the product. I have fair, yellow/warm based skin tone and uses tone 30. It is a bit dark for me.

However I am not suitable for this product as it is too dry for me and my skin cracks after using. Highly recommended if you have oily skin. And stay away from this product if you have Normal - sensitive and dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2013 4:34:00 PM More reviews by Makeupbyamandam

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my everyday foundation. I wear shade 35 though I am really between shades. But the 35 is perfect in the summer and I tend to dilute the color with a bit of my moisturizer or a lighter shade in the winter. I have tried MANY different foundations in many different price points and I always come back to this. I have oily skin and foundation tends to look greasy or slide off my face through out the day. I don't use a primer with it and it lasts all day with minimal shine. It really evens out my skin tone and the coverage has been unmatched for me. I find that I don't need to use as much concealer to cover blemishes and it doesn't cause my acne prone skin to break out. What I like about it is that you don't have to use a lot as a little goes a long way and I can get 6-8 months from a single bottle with daily use. It buffs flawlessly into my skin and looks picture perfect once it's set with a little powder. The packaging is great because you don't have to dip your finger in or pump it out. I just squeeze a little onto the back of my hand, dot it onto my face with my finger and buff it out with a beauty blender or stiff kabuki style brush. It stays hygienic and I feel I can get longer out of one bottle this way. The performance alone however, makes it worth the price for me. Especially since I need to replace it so infrequently. I am on my 4th bottle of this now and I will never use another now that I've got this.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2013 4:02:00 PM More reviews by Kayyy45

Overall, I like this product. Good coverage, natural looking and good at controlling oil. The only thing is that since it's matte it kind of looks dry/flakey SOMETIMES. But if you blend it well it shouldn't be a problem. I like it a lot.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/20/2013 10:14:00 AM More reviews by AlbinoCharm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have bought...and returned...this foundation 3 times now. I rarely bother returning anything, let alone making the mistake of buying it again. But with my problematic skin, I am desperate to find the perfect foundation. This was the last chance for MUFE Mat Velvet.

First things first, I am NC10. That's albino with warm undertones for all you newbies out there reading this. Finding a foundation shade match is never easy in my book, but MUFE didn't make any shades that even came close. 15 is too cool/pink...and dark. 20 looks like burnt mustard on my skin although it does have the warm undertone I need. I can deal with a foundation being a smidge too dark, but what I could not deal with was this nasty formula. MUFE Mat Velvet initially DOES go on matte, so matte that you're going to be tugging on your skin to apply it. However within 2 hours, it becomes greasy. This foundation settles into my every crater pore as it seperates from my nose...that's not a good look.

I have found better foundations at the drugstore. Clearly I've learned my lesson & won't be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2013 11:59:00 AM More reviews by hotdg77

for the price this foundation is absolutely worth it, it feels and looks just like skin. Keeps me more matte than any foundation I've tried so far. It's best when applied with a beauty blender sponge or a flat top kabuki/buffing brush depending on the coverage you want. Love how the packaging is very travel friendly with the squeeze tube so the amount of product used can be controlled. Do not recommend for dry skin types but this is best for combination/oily skin types. Comes in a nice variety of shades. Will definitely repurchase, a little goes a long way with this foundation so it may last longer for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2013 9:26:00 PM More reviews by AnythingVanilla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The best foundation! Keeps oil at bay, lasts all day, looks natural and feels light but has full coverage.