September 2, 2014 | 1907 users online

Liquid - Make Up For Ever - Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 1/24/2014 4:10:00 PM More reviews by aviernes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I personally do not like this product at all. I had bought 2 bottles thinking that my first bottle was a bad batch because it did not do anything that it claims to do for my foundation. The first thing I noticed was the smell, it has a strong chemical smell which you can definitely smell on your face when you try it on. The color match is off, its more on the pinky side for almost all the shades. Initially it does mattify my face but throughout the day it starts to look blotchy and it makes my skin oily. This product also oxidizes especially on warmer days and I live in Hawaii so it does not withstand the humidity here.
Overall, I think this product was a waste of money and there are better and more affordable foundations out there. Probably one of the worst foundations Ive tried. On the plus side, the only thing I liked was the packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2014 11:57:00 PM More reviews by bkstyle005

My new staple foundation. I am acne-prone and oiled up in my T-Zone areas and dry everywhere else, but once I apply this foundation, my goodness--talk about a total transformation. I use a #75 shade and it blends perfectly. After wearing it all day (~12hours), it still looks flawless and photo ready. I do prefer to blend it in with my fingers instead of my foundation brush. Glad I made the switch from Estee Lauder.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2014 1:49:00 AM More reviews by Jhulagurl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Not impressed with this foundation. This is almost 40 bucks so I definitely had higher expectations for it. It has a super POWDERY finish, which I just cannot stand. A super powdery looking face is very AGING and does not look good on anyone. With this on you can told tell your wearing a full face of makeup. Also, I have combo skin and there is no oil control to this foundation. It also broke me out in several red acne bumps. If you touch your face the makeup will come right off. My HG is Cover Girl Stay fabulous, which totally blows this pricey foundation out of the water. Its sweat proof, oily skin proof and just fabulous! It stays on 10x longer than the MUFE and does not transfer or look super powdery. I highly recommend the Cover Girl, go try it!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/16/2014 8:58:00 PM More reviews by jessicav1

I got a sample of the lightest shade in this (as I am VERY pale) at Sephora and I was so excited to try it but so, so disappointed... I have oily acne prone skin and not only did it give me little breakout bumps despite being oil free, it did not blend well on my skin, was thick as molasses, and after only a few hours, became SO oily and slid off my skin... it also settled into my lines and pores big time. The coverage was medium at best and I still had to pile on the concealer for my blemishes and red spots. The only good thing about this foundation for me was the packaging. Very much like Clinique's foundation packaging (the brand I currently use).

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2014 7:21:00 AM More reviews by balletbeauty7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I initially bought this after being matched by a specialist. I loved how natural it felt on my skin. It does a great job of mattifying skin. My skin has changed from being more combination/oily and acne prone, to extremely dry and acne prone so it was accentuating my dry skin which I hated. Also the color seems to change over time. I was matched as #30. It seems to get paler over a few months (I know I didn't get darker!). The next bottle I purchased also seemed to lighten. This is a great foundation but unfortunately doesn't work for my skin

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2014 7:42:00 PM More reviews by Blondebeauty2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This foundation is medium coverage at best and I personally don't like their color range. It tends to be very yellow toned. I was color matched in Sephora and sent home w/3 different shades. I have a pink under-tone and none of the colors I was given worked well for me. This is a matte foundation that just didn't have the coverage I was looking for. I'm used to wearing EL Doublewear and I was hoping this was just as good, but it doesn't even come close. This foundation IMO is cheap, it oxidized after only a few hours and the shade range is terrible. This is also the only foundation I've tried that actually makes me look oily after 2 hours..its just terrible. Lastly, its way to expensive and I would suggest Urban Decays Naked skin or if u need full coverage EL's Doublewear is the best!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2014 2:37:00 PM More reviews by rchxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

First time using a cream/liquid foundation after using mineral powder for years, and I love it! My skin would get oily after a while even when I used my Bare Minerals, and the foundation would wear off after a short period of time. However the Mat Velvet foundation gives great, natural looking, coverage, and when topped with a translucent powder it lasts a long time! A little bit goes a long way, as I apply mine with a damp Beauty Blender. I will definitely be purchasing this again even though the price is not all that great.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2014 12:49:00 AM More reviews by sabrinalovesmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my holy grail foundation! It's super easy to apply and it has amazing coverage that you can build up and it's got tons of shades to choose from. I tried this awhile ago and I hated it.. I'm not sure why.. But I went and gave it another try and I have to say I'm glad I did! It's a really beautiful foundation! Go to your sephora and get a sample & try this foundation out! You won't be disappointed!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2014 7:34:00 AM More reviews by Lynnnguyen

I've been on the search for a good foundation that controls oil well. I get oily on the T-zone, around the nose especially and my chin. So far, this foundation works but not when used alone. I use it with NYX Shine Killer Primer and set it with ELF HD Powder and Urban Decay All-Nighter Spray. I can get a little oily later on in the day but that's natural. It was hard for me to settle with the right shade. 30 seemed too light for me but 35 seemed kind of dark. This does have a heavy coverage but good coverage. You don't need to use that much product. I use this with a buffing brush made for liquid foundation. I feel like this foundation settles into some lines and it does get cakey once in a while. But if they had more shades that matches my skin, I would definitely give it 10 stars. I will continue using this until I find the right foundation for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2014 8:44:00 PM More reviews by Lrc1024

Amazing stuff! The price is ehh not so good but worth your money! On my second bottle and it's lasted me for 7 months! I also use this everyday. It helps amazing with covering scars & acne. I use it with my beauty blender & wow. Perfect! I also always use a setting powder so not so sure how matte it is without one. I have very oily skin & this really was just great. Sometimes when I'm lazy I don't add primer and it still works awesome! Love love love it! Worth your money for sure.