Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Aqua (Water), Corn Starch Modified, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Glycerin, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Mica, Magnesium Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Aluminum Hydroxide, Propylene Carbonate, Propylparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Chlorphenesin, Methylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Parfum (Fragrance), Cyclohexasiloxane, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Citronellol, Geraniol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone. May Contain: CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491(Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

on 6/9/2014 10:57:00 PM

I used to work at Sephora, and tried this after hearing about how amazing it was from my favorite makeup guru TiffanyD on youtube and from customers and a co worker. I was thoroughly underwhelmed. Yes, the product did mattify my skin, but it also made it dull (I'm 19, I shouldn't have dull skin) and made every imperfection obvious. For the price tag, I expected this to be a knockout, which it was not. Perhaps if you are super oily, this is a solution, but if you have moderate oil, I would suggest you look elsewhere, this is extreme.

on 6/8/2014 7:57:00 AM

I can not believe I have used for three summers in a row and have yet to review this! I have worn this in 88% humidity at 90 degrees, playing in a park with a bunch of second graders and it has held up pretty darn nice without breaking me out. I would not use this in the cooler months as I have normal to dry skin. But in the summer my t-zone can get oily & I get sweaty. I also mix this with my favorite SPF, Olay Complete Sensitive Skin for lighter coverage and easier application. It doesn't feel or look to heavy once it is on, but sometimes I think "why am I applying heavier foundation in the summer?" ( I use MAC F&B in the cooler months.)

Pros:
-Love the squeeze bottle and that it isn't open mouthed
-No SPF - this is a plus for me, I am senstive to SPF's and can only use my Olay.
-Good coverage
-Helps keep me matte

Cons
-Feels a touch heavier than I would prefer for summer which is when it works best for me.
-I can not use this in the cooler/drier months - but not really a con for me.

on 6/6/2014 2:00:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I keep on hearing about how great the makeup forever matte foundations were and decided to give it a try.
When i first bought it i loved it, it matched perfectly with my skin, I didn't feel oily
But when I started wearing it outside and to work thats a whole different story.
The foundation didn't get me the full coverage I was looking for and by hour 2 my face started melting and looking shiny and oily. Through you the day I kept on having to re apply and use powder and made be breakout even more and since it is a water based foundation it gets a shade darker (I wish i knew that before) overall I won't be buying it again

on 6/5/2014 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I don't really like this foundation, actually I don't think I'm a fan of MUFE foundations in general, although they have a nice color range. The coverage isn't good enough, I don't like the finish, it's looks dry on my skin. It creases in my laugh lines and doesn't control my oil at all. I'm sure it would be nice for someone but I won't ever repurchase.

on 5/26/2014 9:33:00 PM

I started using this foundation 10 years ago. The formula and packaging was changed about 7-8 years ago, i honestly, prefer the old version. I still like the new formula, but its not my go to.

on 5/24/2014 1:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this foundation for my oily skin. It has amazing coverage and a wide range of shades. It stays matte basically all day. My only complaint is that the packaging isn't my favorite (I prefer a pump foundation) and the full coverage doesn't last all day. I need to do touch ups in 4-6 hours depending on the heat.

on 5/21/2014 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am very oily and this is my HG. ❤️ it truly helps keep me matte and stays on all day. Even though it is pricey it works best for me

on 5/21/2014 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Best foundation I've tried in awhile. It's very soft and light on your skin. Doesn't have a weird smell and is super full coverage.

on 5/21/2014 12:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I initially loved this foundation. It did everything a foundation was supposed to do. Covered really well (could be full coverage easily) and did not budge. The finish was UNBEATABLE. I have pretty bumpy skin and redness, and this foundation just flattened and evened everything out. And it looked like my real skin! The color range was not as wide as the HD foundation, but I still managed to find a shade that blended seamlessly. It did not accentuate my pores or dry skin as much as other foundations (it wasnt perfect, but nothing is!). The packaging was perfect! Hygienic and portable.

In the end, the foundation broke me out. The sad thing is, I kept on using it because I loved the way it looked anyway. Every time I wore it for more than 5 hours, I would discover a large swollen pimple. It sometimes gave me cysts! I'm pretty sure it was the sodium chloride in the foundation. Every other ingredient is not on the list of chemicals that break you out. Either that or it was the thickness of the foundation, that suffocated the skin. If you are not a sensitive skinned person, I definitely recommend the foundation. However, this is a warning to all breakout prone people. Please test before buying!

on 5/19/2014 8:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Take my four star rating with a grain of salt - my skin type isn't the target demographic for this foundation line having rather dry and flaky skin... but I used this foundation for over 6 months thanks to it being a near perfect match for my slightly warm (product was a little on the pink side of neutral, but it worked) and very pale skin (No. 15). This product applied beautifully with a beauty blender and could easily be sheered out to a light to medium coverage (my preference). My main gripe is that it was matte... and on my dry skin it was ULTRA matte and drying. It had a tendency to settle a bit by the end of the day and to cling to any dryness in my skin. Even though it's flaws on my skin, I found ways to make it mostly wearable until I found a foundation better suited to my skin type that comes in an equally fair (and slightly warmer - yay!) shade (KGD Moisture Foundation).

My biggest gripe is the packaging - it comes in a stiff, thick, opaque plastic tube. There's virtually no way to tell how much is left aside from the changing weight of the bottle.