July 22, 2014 | 2255 users online

Foundations - Meow Cosmetics - Pampered Puss Mineral Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2010 10:55:00 PM More reviews by xsinfullyxtangyx

I've heard many rave reviews about this mineral foundation from various indie makeup blogs so I decided to give it a try. I purchased 2 jars in two different colors during their 20% off + free shipping deal. The price was very reasonable (especially for the amount of product you get). I picked up the full sized & the munchkin size. Both will last me a pretty long time.

I got Naughty (full sized) & Fierce Abyssinian (munchkin sized). For reference, I'm a NC35-NC40 yellow/beige-toned asian. I wish I switched around the orders because it turns out I was closer to Fierce than Naughty. My advice to is to order samples or hit the forums before you get full sized! On the site, I thought Fierce looked too dark for my skin but up close, it's a lighter than pictured on the site.

I tried the foundation for about a month

Pros:
- It did not break me out! I have very acne prone skin that tends to break out so I'm happy that my skin loved this foundation
- Coverage was light-medium but very build-able.
- Finish was glowy-matte. There was subtle shimmer but it was overly shiny like EDM orginial glow was on me.
- It worked well with my dry skin
- Large size & for the amount you get, its very inexpensive
- It covers redness reasonable well

Cons:
- It lasted reasonably long but not as long as I expected. I needed touch up every 4 or so hours
- It didn't cover most of my acne scars & discolorations.
- Color choices can be overwhelming

Overall, I LOVE the finish it gives my face but not the coverage & the fact that I had to carry around a container for touch ups. I use it a more of setting powder/light foundation or with some concealer, its one my favorite on-the-go foundations to wear. I would recommend it & probably will repurchase it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2010 1:26:00 AM More reviews by jandi

The variety of shades offered by Meow is quite extensive, almost overwhelming, but I found a really good match quite easily with Frisky Korat. It feels very natural, and keeps my generally oily skin reasonably oil free. And my hyper sensitive acne prone skin seems to take this foundation ok.

The big drawbacks:
- It is quite sheer. It does not offer nearly enough coverage to tone down redness from acne.
- There is a big difference in color between Frisky and Naughty, so if you happen to fall in between, you might have to mix.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2010 6:50:00 PM More reviews by Anja89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really don't like this mineral foundation. It's very very sheer and it doesn't control oil at all. The only good thing is that it isn't drying. I'm going to use it up just because I hate throwing things out, but definitely won't repurchase.

edit: I've started using this more often and I'm very satisfied. I still think it doesn't control oil very well and it isn't very long lasting, but it does make my pores invisible and my skin looks great with this on. I don't know, I just might repurchase

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2010 1:37:00 AM More reviews by JoSummers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a mediocre mineral makeup. First of all, I have to admit I'm not that big a fan of mineral makeups. Compared to Bare Escentuals, this doesn't cover as well, but it is finer and the color choices are much wider. They'll send you samples for cheap so you should have no problem finding the shade that best complements your skin tone. I prefer Bare Minerals to this, but I prefer liquid foundations to mineral makeups in general. That's my opinion!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2010 2:26:00 AM More reviews by pigsy

I have acne prone skin, and am really fussy about ingredients. Before trying meow cosmetics, I def. researched around for mineral make up. I used to use only liquid before.
Anyways, finding a color is hard when you're ordering online. The shipping is also very slow! However, supposedly they ship slow because they make it right when you order it, so that's a good thing right...
My color is Fierce Abyssinian. It is the PERFECT color for me! I am Southeast Asian for ref. It is difficult for me to find the right color, because it is either too light or too dark...however this one is an exact match of my skin color.
The powder foundation has great staying power. It isn't too glittery at all. I actually apply it with my fingers because brushes make me break out...but I know it would work beautifully with brushes also.
I also love how easy the packaging and texture of the powder is. It doesn't get all messy and all over the place. For only about 20$ you get a full package, and it lasts a very very long time! Def. by HG foundation.. I will continue being a customer, I just hope they don't go out of business or change their formula..
Coverage is light, which is ideal for someone with acne prone skin I think..The downside of it is trying to cover acne scars ( even if you pile the foundation it doesn't look heavy). The powder just fades my acne scars by getting rid of redness and making skin more even-toned, as far as coverage goes.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2010 4:02:00 PM More reviews by fhasan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I actually really like this foundation. I was using BM before and thought it was too expensive. Meow has a lot more colors so it is easier to match with your skin and the product size is really good. The samples come in a plastic bag which is annoying, but the actual bigger sizes come in bottles. I think this is one of the better mineral foundations.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/1/2010 8:02:00 AM More reviews by LovelyStars

i put a no for would i buy this product again.
really not sure.

mica is the first ingredient for this foundation and i may very well be having clogged pores cause of this.
shipping takes VERY LONG.

the foundation is very sheer, buildable.
however i feel that it doesn't last very long on my skin as compared to other foundations and powders.
my face is still oily at the end of the day.
(i did not use any primer, but i did use loose powder.)

i am still on the find for my holy grail mineral makeup. :)
hopefully i can find it!

EDIT: I HAVE DECIDED TO MOVE ON FROM THIS FOUNDATION. it is too sheer to look like i have anything on my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2010 3:06:00 AM More reviews by ventanabluesky

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I gave this foundation another try after an initial sample test and I have come to love it. It is by far the best mineral foundation I have tried, and I have tried *a lot* of them (BE, Laura Mercier, EDM, and Korres, to name a few more popular ones). I use the Pampered Puss formula because my skin is very blemish-prone and I wanted the product with the least possibility for irritation. Most other mineral foundations make my skin dry and itchy, but this does not. It is layerable and provides very natural, nearly-flawless coverage. I don't have an easy skin tone to match (very light beige-olive), but several of the Meow colors work for me. The company has excellent customer service and helpful online forums to boot.

I'm also really oily, and I do still need to blot with this foundation several times throughout the day (which is true of any foundation I use), but I have found that their equilibrium primer powder works great under the foundation--it's skin-soothing and keeps me looking shine-free for longer than I would without it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2010 2:33:00 PM More reviews by minka00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This foundation is almost perfect. The color selection is fantastic, I finally know what my skin color is and found something that matches! I have oily skin and I found this to be quite mattifying (still needed to use oil blot sheets, not a big deal tho). It stays on all day pretty much too, even in the summer weather and it feels like I'm not wearing anything. It doesn't break me out, give me clogged pores, or do anything weird to my skin! The coverage is ok, but I have some redness in my cheeks that it simply won't cover completely. Its supposed to be medium coverage but I have to layer alot. I'm going to try the Flawless Feline when I run out and see if I like that better. This will be my "go to" for a more natural look. Also, the prices are inexpensive and they send samples with every order.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2010 6:18:00 PM More reviews by etreystman

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Best Mineral Foundation I've EVER seen. I've tried Bare Escentuals, Lancome, Laura Geller...this is BY FAR the best. They say on the website to wait a while and let it melt into your skin and they really mean it. When I first put it on I have to admit I wasn't impressed, it looked like regular powder, but 10 minutes later I looked in the mirror and it looked like I wasn't wearing make up at all. It just looked like I had very even skin. The samples are generous, they just come in zip lock bags so it's kind of hard to get the powder out of there without spilling it. I just stuck my brush in the bag and then swirled in another container. It really is amazing stuff. Plus they send you free samples, which is always nice. I also tried the top coat and the primer, neither which I was impressed with. The top coat seemed too white, even though I have very fair skin. EDIT: I have now tried Alima foundation and like it a lot more. While this one did look very natural and very light with a little glow, I prefer a more matte finish and definitely want to cover some bad spots on my face. This didn't really cover much.