Meow Cosmetics Pampered Puss Mineral Foundation

4.1

Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide, Iron Oxides

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I first tried Meow Cosmetics a long time ago. I absolutely love how they have so many different shades and undertones of foundation colors. it took me a long time to find my ideal shade because there are just so many! I have fair skin and a neutral skin tone, and I use Frisky Korat. I used to use Sleek Korat but then found that that was way too light, which is interesting considering that I am quite pale.

there are three different formulas: Purrfect Puss, for "light/medium layerable coverage", Pampered Puss, for "medium/heavy layerable coverage", and Flawless Feline, for "heavy coverage". the Pampered Puss used to be my formula of choice, but after trying Flawless Feline, I have decided that I much prefer that instead. (I've never tried Purrfect Puss.) I need a lot of coverage, and while the Pampered Puss formula can provide this, I need to put on a ridiculous amount! that makes my face look a bit too powdery. I still have some of my Pampered Puss foundation, and save it for when I want a very minimal makeup look, which is not often. therefore, I'm rating it with 3 lippies.

I bought this months and months ago and I'm just now writing a review because I think there is so much good hype about it but I'm one of the rare ones I guess who really disliked this product. It looked soo chalky on me. I have porcelain skin so it's hard for something to make me look lighter! They have WAAAY too many color choices and it's too hard to pick online!!!! I felt so ugly when I wore this one day that I cried. Maybe if I was with the owners in person they could color and formula match me but since that isn't possible I won't repurchase. :/ Shame too, cuz I LOVE cats and love the cat themed names etc. They get a "5" for cuteness lol

I have been using this product for over a month now - wanted to make sure I had been using it for awhile before commenting. I LOVE IT! I am a very pale girl who has never found a foundation light enough for my skin UNTIL NOW :D. I have tried countless foundations before Meow, all of them being too dark and turning orange. Meow offers SO many undertone choices! It can be overwhelming at first, but you can ask for help on the forums they have. Also, you should buy lots of samples first (only $1 each). That's what I did, and I found my perfect color. The color match and not turning orange alone would be enough for me to give it a 5, but it also holds up really well during the day.

I was using Glominerals for the longest time - lightest shade. It was too dark for me and it turned orange, and my skin would get soo oily so quickly (within a couple hours, easy)! Meow doesn't do that! Which is amazing considering it is only a powder!

My only complaint is that it doesn't offer enough foundation to cover my acne-prone skin (redmarks and pimples). However, you can layer it somewhat which helps. I usually will do the entire face in the powder and then hit a couple troubled areas with concealer. They offer awesome concealer too! Although it is much lighter than the foundation, so you'll have to go down a couple shades. It covers very well though. Also, I think my acne has improved since switching to this makeup - a win-win!

I would definitely buy it again!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

After trying so many different brands of mineral foundation that I almost gave up, I finally discovered Meow Cosmetics.

Finding the right color was always such a hassle before - I can't tell you how many full-size products I bought and had to throw away because the color didn't match at home the same way it did under flourescent store lights, or even come close to the color displayed on a website. At Meow, I was able to order small samples to try out at home in order to determine my perfect match. How awesome is that?

The mineral make-up buffs easily, provides almost any level of coverage I want, and looks natural. Doesn't turn my large pores into lakes of makeup and oil at the end of the day like liquid foundation has the tendency to do. Additionally, it doesn't irritate my skin nor does it clog my pores. (Side note - for extra setting strength, I use a small travel spray bottle filled with water to set the foundation in place.)

The price is great, too, especially for the amount per jar. 2 to 4 times more product than the average high-end brands, at a fraction of the cost.

After many years (and dozens of samples) searching for the right mineral foundation, I found not only my perfect formula, but also my perfect match, in Meow Cosmetics. By the way, I'm about NC 25, and Naughty Chartreux fits me through and through, with no need for further mixing.

Pampered Puss is their light-medium coverage, sensitive skin formula. I alternate between this formula and Flawless Feline depending on how my skin looks in the morning. I find that, while Flawless Feline is my favorite (because I can get away with applying so little of it), Pampered Puss has a lighter feel and wears like nothing throughout the day. On the other hand, me being the frugal foundation applier that I am, I don't find it covers so much as evens out the skintone, much like a tinted moisturizer would. I highly recommend it to you if you only need a little bit of coverage and/or if you're not used to the feel of foundation and want something light to start with. It is the perfect everyday foundation, at least for those mornings when my face looks half decent and not like I've been to hell and back. :)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my HG foundation. I used to use Aromaleigh's Voile, which was my foray into the world of mineral makeup, but Meow's Pampered Puss formula has since usurped its place as my No.1 go-to. I love this foundation so, SO much! It sticks around relatively long(ish) on my oily skin and never makes it feel tight or dry. In fact, if anything, this foundation actually makes your skin feel good and healthy. It applies smoothly and easily. I use a number of different flat-top and kabuki brushes to apply the Pampered Puss.

I think my best match is the Frisky Chartreux (I used 2N in the AL Voile) but when initially experimenting, I also purchased a bunch of other different shades. All of them seemed to match my skintone(?!), which shows you exactly how forgiving Meow's foundations truly are! It really melds with your own skin beautifully and naturally, and never makes it seem like you are wearing any makeup, let alone an unnatural-looking, cakey mask! I am completely wowed by this foundation and hope Meow never discontinues it (or decides to close up shop)!

The price is pretty fair at $23.95 for a 3 oz. jar! You are basically paying $24 for just about THREE typical size jars of mineral foundation you'd find everywhere else. It lasts a good amount of time. If you wait for the sales that Tammy, the owner, holds around the major US holidays, you can usually get 15 or 20% off + free shipping!

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this foundation yet! I've been using it for about six months now, and it's fantastic. My skin is quite oily, and prone to moderate acne outbreaks. Generally, foundation just slides off my face by the early evening, leaving me looking like an oil slick. And what's worse? Most foundation is either too dark or too pink for me to wear. But Meow's Pampered Puss line is different. There are 86 shades to choose from, with a variety of undertones and shades (which are all blendable, so you can make a custom shade if necessary). I have honestly never seen such a comprehensive array of foundation shades. It's a little intimidating at first, but the eventual color match is worth the extra time it takes to sample and choose one.

As for wear, I'm incredibly impressed. I used to think buildable color was a myth, but Meow proved me wrong. This mineral powder foundation can be used sparingly for a light coverage, but can also be easily built up for more coverage while still looking natural. I've tried other mineral foundations including Bare Minerals (which looked mask-like), but this coverage is simply the best I've tried. This foundation lasts on me from morning to night, and it keeps an impressive amount of oil at bay, but I do touch it up in the evening if I'm going out. In addition, it can function as a concealer for minor blemishes, although I do use Meow's concealer for major discoloration.

Even the packaging works better than I expected. Like many mineral foundations, it comes in a plastic jar with a sifter. But unlike other mineral foundations I've tried, this jar doesn't leak, and it's pretty big - 3oz. This means that, although this foundation is more expensive than my usual range, it lasts a long time and is a great value. As I said, I've been using it for about six months and can barely notice a decrease in the amount left in the jar.

Basically, anyone could see from this review that I'm in love with this foundation. It's pretty fantastic for my skin, it's a great value, and the secure packaging makes it easy to travel with.

One last thing: If you try this and it initially looks a bit weird or mask-like, wait about ten minutes. I've noticed this one takes a little while to fully adjust to my skin, but after it's settled the look is completely natural.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

What was it F. Scott Fitzgerald said about the perfect foundation..."an orgiastic future that year by year recedes before us?" Well, ok, maybe Gatsby wasn't thinking of foundation, but the dream holds true, none the less. And even more so, seemingly with mineral foundations. What's not to desire here? Perfect looking skin, complete imperfection covering without a noticeable foundation line, low skin sensitivity score, ease of application, possibly improves skin, usually contains some natural sunscreen, and for we really lazy folk- one can actually sleep in it without fearing the makeup police at our door 3am, hauling us away for failing to wash our face.

Like the rest of those in search of this grail-like nirvana, I've tried various cults. Jane Iredale-popular, really pricey, and strangely inadequate, BE-Tin Man beauty for the insensitive skinned, EDM-oh, what a cult there is there for reasons beknownst only to the faithful, Dreamworld-funky little company that surely, like the little train that could, tried harder, and Meow. Clearly, I happily drink the Meow koolaid.

I'm an NC20 fair redhead with a definite warm, peach tone to my skin. Frisky Chartreux is my perfect color. And, yes, I've tried a slew of others since, as you know, finding the correct mineral foundation color is often slow process. And switching brands only means one starts again at the beginning. But for some reason (maybe because it has 'peach' in the description?!) the Chartreux called to me almost immediately, and after only a few false sample starts with some alternate shades and color depths, I hit a home run. Which, in and of itself is akin to a miracle with minerals. But then, with the Pampered Puss, you're also blessed with a lack of that shine/glow/Tin Man factor so frighteningly blasphemous in other brands. And it's completely comfortable on my sensitive skin without itching and/or irritation. Plus Meow is a small, independent owned online company with good customer service at a decent price, and, for we crazy cat ladies, you can't help but love the company's packaging theme!

I'd say the coverage is medium, which means if you're wanting to cover absolutely everything, this won't do it. Concealer underneath helps here. And it won't last all day. But then, I've found few mineral foundations do. But, come the warm humid seasons, when I want a light, comfortable, oil controlling mineral powder foundation that looks like my skin but better and doesn't become a runny, blotchy, powdery mask by the end of a hot summer day, I rely on my trusty, well beloved Meow. Praise the Cat!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I have used samples for a week, and just got my full size. I love it. It gives me a great finish, perfect undertones (never knew there were so many undertones before), and holds off the oil. It's not thick coverage for those who want that, but concealer on problem areas does the job. I look really, really good, and I never thought I would say that. I've tried Monave and Larenim (both broke me out, despite their claims that they won't), Rejuva (too thick for my preference and too glowy), Sheer Cover (weird dry finish).

Edit: After using this for about 2 years, I realized I am sensitive to titanium dioxide. It makes me break out. So I had to stop using this foundation, which I really only wore on my nose/cheeks. It is still everything I said before, but I never could use it on my forehead or I was asking for little pimples. Their color selection is the best out there, and finish is very real. If you're not sensitive to titanium dioxide, try this.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Love, love, love this stuff!

This is the third MMU I've tried. The first was BE which made me itch like crazy. The second was EDM. I liked it when I first used it, but started noticing that I could really see it sitting on my face. I don't know if they changed the formula or the "honeymoon" phase was over or what.

After reading the reviews here, I decided to try Meow Cosmetics. Boy am I glad I did. This stuff is amazing! It looks so much more natural and feels light and soft on my face. It holds up really well against my oily skin too.

One of my favorite things about this makeup is that it doesn't oxidize. It's the same color on my wipes at the end of the day as it was coming out of the jar. Everything else comes off looking bright orange!

Granted I haven't tried all the MMU brands, but Meow is definitely the best of what I have tried. The product is wonderful, the prices are great, the names are even clever. I also like the idea of supporting a smaller company. The only other one I think I would consider trying at this point is Alima since it also has such great reviews. I might try some samples of it just so I know what's out there, but I'm very happy with Meow!