April 20, 2014 | 909 users online

Foundations - Meow Cosmetics - Pampered Puss Mineral Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2010 6:50:00 PM More reviews by Anja89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really don't like this mineral foundation. It's very very sheer and it doesn't control oil at all. The only good thing is that it isn't drying. I'm going to use it up just because I hate throwing things out, but definitely won't repurchase.

edit: I've started using this more often and I'm very satisfied. I still think it doesn't control oil very well and it isn't very long lasting, but it does make my pores invisible and my skin looks great with this on. I don't know, I just might repurchase

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2010 1:37:00 AM More reviews by JoSummers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a mediocre mineral makeup. First of all, I have to admit I'm not that big a fan of mineral makeups. Compared to Bare Escentuals, this doesn't cover as well, but it is finer and the color choices are much wider. They'll send you samples for cheap so you should have no problem finding the shade that best complements your skin tone. I prefer Bare Minerals to this, but I prefer liquid foundations to mineral makeups in general. That's my opinion!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2010 2:26:00 AM More reviews by pigsy

I have acne prone skin, and am really fussy about ingredients. Before trying meow cosmetics, I def. researched around for mineral make up. I used to use only liquid before.
Anyways, finding a color is hard when you're ordering online. The shipping is also very slow! However, supposedly they ship slow because they make it right when you order it, so that's a good thing right...
My color is Fierce Abyssinian. It is the PERFECT color for me! I am Southeast Asian for ref. It is difficult for me to find the right color, because it is either too light or too dark...however this one is an exact match of my skin color.
The powder foundation has great staying power. It isn't too glittery at all. I actually apply it with my fingers because brushes make me break out...but I know it would work beautifully with brushes also.
I also love how easy the packaging and texture of the powder is. It doesn't get all messy and all over the place. For only about 20$ you get a full package, and it lasts a very very long time! Def. by HG foundation.. I will continue being a customer, I just hope they don't go out of business or change their formula..
Coverage is light, which is ideal for someone with acne prone skin I think..The downside of it is trying to cover acne scars ( even if you pile the foundation it doesn't look heavy). The powder just fades my acne scars by getting rid of redness and making skin more even-toned, as far as coverage goes.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2010 4:02:00 PM More reviews by fhasan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I actually really like this foundation. I was using BM before and thought it was too expensive. Meow has a lot more colors so it is easier to match with your skin and the product size is really good. The samples come in a plastic bag which is annoying, but the actual bigger sizes come in bottles. I think this is one of the better mineral foundations.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/1/2010 8:02:00 AM More reviews by LovelyStars

i put a no for would i buy this product again.
really not sure.

mica is the first ingredient for this foundation and i may very well be having clogged pores cause of this.
shipping takes VERY LONG.

the foundation is very sheer, buildable.
however i feel that it doesn't last very long on my skin as compared to other foundations and powders.
my face is still oily at the end of the day.
(i did not use any primer, but i did use loose powder.)

i am still on the find for my holy grail mineral makeup. :)
hopefully i can find it!

EDIT: I HAVE DECIDED TO MOVE ON FROM THIS FOUNDATION. it is too sheer to look like i have anything on my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2010 3:06:00 AM More reviews by ventanabluesky

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I gave this foundation another try after an initial sample test and I have come to love it. It is by far the best mineral foundation I have tried, and I have tried *a lot* of them (BE, Laura Mercier, EDM, and Korres, to name a few more popular ones). I use the Pampered Puss formula because my skin is very blemish-prone and I wanted the product with the least possibility for irritation. Most other mineral foundations make my skin dry and itchy, but this does not. It is layerable and provides very natural, nearly-flawless coverage. I don't have an easy skin tone to match (very light beige-olive), but several of the Meow colors work for me. The company has excellent customer service and helpful online forums to boot.

I'm also really oily, and I do still need to blot with this foundation several times throughout the day (which is true of any foundation I use), but I have found that their equilibrium primer powder works great under the foundation--it's skin-soothing and keeps me looking shine-free for longer than I would without it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2010 2:33:00 PM More reviews by minka00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This foundation is almost perfect. The color selection is fantastic, I finally know what my skin color is and found something that matches! I have oily skin and I found this to be quite mattifying (still needed to use oil blot sheets, not a big deal tho). It stays on all day pretty much too, even in the summer weather and it feels like I'm not wearing anything. It doesn't break me out, give me clogged pores, or do anything weird to my skin! The coverage is ok, but I have some redness in my cheeks that it simply won't cover completely. Its supposed to be medium coverage but I have to layer alot. I'm going to try the Flawless Feline when I run out and see if I like that better. This will be my "go to" for a more natural look. Also, the prices are inexpensive and they send samples with every order.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2010 6:18:00 PM More reviews by etreystman

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Best Mineral Foundation I've EVER seen. I've tried Bare Escentuals, Lancome, Laura Geller...this is BY FAR the best. They say on the website to wait a while and let it melt into your skin and they really mean it. When I first put it on I have to admit I wasn't impressed, it looked like regular powder, but 10 minutes later I looked in the mirror and it looked like I wasn't wearing make up at all. It just looked like I had very even skin. The samples are generous, they just come in zip lock bags so it's kind of hard to get the powder out of there without spilling it. I just stuck my brush in the bag and then swirled in another container. It really is amazing stuff. Plus they send you free samples, which is always nice. I also tried the top coat and the primer, neither which I was impressed with. The top coat seemed too white, even though I have very fair skin. EDIT: I have now tried Alima foundation and like it a lot more. While this one did look very natural and very light with a little glow, I prefer a more matte finish and definitely want to cover some bad spots on my face. This didn't really cover much.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2010 6:22:00 PM More reviews by GeekChick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Despite the fact that Meow's website claims this is "medium coverage," I found it to be VERY sheer. I have a permanent pink flush in my nose/cheeks/chin despite having warm undertones, and even after I piled on several layers of this foundation you could still see all the pink tones and imperfections -- it barely hid anything. So I would only recommend this if you have nearly perfect skin or are looking for very sheer coverage!

On the plus side, this brand is great for pale skintones. I never found a liquid foundation pale enough for me (hence the switch to mmu -- I wore Aromaleigh until it was discontinued), but the palest ("Inquisitive") shades are actually just a hair too light for me! They also have a large variety of undertones to choose from so while you may have to try a lot of samples first, I would expect that most people could find a good match here. The finish is also matte, which I prefer with my oily skin. Due to the sheer coverage, I didn't bother to wear this all day so I'm not sure if it oxidizes or controls oil or anything.

Since this was so sheer, I sampled their Flawless Face formula next and I like it much better. I'll review it once I've figured out my color match and have worn it for a while.

Packaging: Sample baggie or choice of 2 sizes of sifter jars

rated 3 of 5 on 7/7/2010 10:01:00 PM More reviews by jukeb0xnc0ke

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

EDIT 04/19/11: I have since stopped using this as I believe it was giving me clogged pores. It seemed like the more I used it the more it just kind of looked chalky where it didn't meld into my skin as much as it used to.
I am now using Shiseido's Dual Balancing Foundation in O60.

EDIT 01/12/11: This foundation is great during the summer months when I am more oily and the humidity is sickening. However, I found that it was very drying the winter months and switched back to my liquid foundations until the summer hits again.

ORIGINAL POST: I am IN LOVE with this foundation and it is definitely my HG! I have worn this for over 2 months already and I will have to say it is one of the best foundations I have ever used whether it be liquid or mineral! I have suffered from severe acne and now have several pit scars all over my face and even my neck. I've used MAC studio fix, lancome, clinique, several drugstore foundations, and I have never found one that did not accentuate (oiling up and sinking into the scar) although scarring cannot be invisible no matter the product. However, PP in Naughty Korat matched my MAC NC 35 perfectly and was mostly a matte finish until 6-7 hours of wear even in this heat & humidity! I used a flat top brush and stippled two layers on. If I have some slight blemishing, I will lightly go over it but not completely covering it to give it a natural look. I also have applied this wet...I dampened my kabuki brush and sort of dab into the powder and swirl onto my face for a heavier coverage if need be. I then go over it with my oily finish primer on my t-zone and voila! I get this glow to my face that isn't oily nor heavy. I love this!