Clarins Multi Active Night Cream

aqua; cetearyl isononanoate; dimethicone; isonylisonoanoate; glycerin; cetearyl alcohol; butlyne glcol; buryospermum parkii (shea butter) glyceryl stearate; peg-100 stearate; cetearyl glucoside; phenoxyethanol; parfum/fragrance; carbomer; ehylhexyglecerin; tocopheryl acetate; tromethamine; hydrolyzed ceratonia siliqua seed extract; disodium EDTA; caprylic/capric trigyceride; actindia chenensis (kiwi) fruit extract; sodium benzoate; termus termophillus ferment; glutamylamidoethyl imidazole; potassium sorbate; rhodiola rosea root extract; sodium laryl sulfate; sorbic acid

on 10/1/2010 10:26:00 PM

This is an amazing night cream!!!! I'm very surprised to see negative reviews about it.....I tried a sample of it, could hardly wait for their next promotion to purchase the full size...My skin felt so good, smooth & hydrated..Its usually very oily & acne prone, but this cream is very light & gentle so I actually purchased the all skin types version, versus the combination one that I usually get.... & for $60 Canadian!! Its a bargain for the results.. very nice smell, its a keeper..:)

on 9/29/2010 4:16:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Pros:
- Creamy, easy to spread, absorbs quickly
- Doesn't break me out
- Plumps my skin and gives it a velvety smooth texture
- Hydrates well; I don't get dry patches on my cheeks

Cons:
- Poor packaging. Dipping my fingers into this bottle is grossing me out. It should be in a pump.
- I become a grease ball in the morning, but it's a night cream so whatever.

Overall, I like this product. May get it again after I try something else.

on 9/27/2010 9:11:00 PM

I'm using this in a sample size, and I like it very much.
It absorbs quickly and doesn't leave my skin feeling heavy or greasy (which I usually associate with night cream products). My skin also feels very smooth and hydrated.
I don't think I'll be buying a full size when the small one finishes, purely because of the price.

on 9/18/2010 12:34:00 AM

This is the product that finally put the nail in the coffin for Clarins for me. I have used Clarins most of my life and still use the eye balm (the original one). However they are messing around too much with their formula and most of their newer products don't work. This is no exception. This did nothing for my skin. I am highly tolerant to most products and was wondering why my skin was getting small pimples and red areas in the morning. I used the night cream for many months and was getting varying reactions for the entire time. I did not want to believe that Clarins had produced a product that would cause skin reactions, but my diet was very pure and I was drinking lots of water, so I went back to Nivea Soft for a week and my skin went back to normal. Needless to say, I just kept using Nivea Soft after that. Other than Clarins Eye Balm, I don't think I will be using their products anymore.

on 7/9/2010 9:39:00 PM

I was on the look out for a night cream with anti-ageing properties so decided to give this a go, after all the hype and all around this line. I previously have used the gel-creme before so thought this might be a notch up. This is indeed moisturising but too much for my winter normal skin. It is too greasy and took a long time to sink in, you may have better luck if you are drier but anyone with a hint of oiliness will find this too heavy. I also disliked the fact that it caused pimples on me, I used half the jar without seeing any real visible change except for moisture and I think for that price, I need to see some obvious changes. I have since stopped using this and am now using much cheaper chemist cream with same results. A side note is the fragrance, which is very overpowering, if you use this near you mouth, it will feel like you have sprayed perfume in your mouth, so this was a real turn off. You should try before you buy this one, I just didnt see it do anything and it broke me out due to its heavy texture.

on 5/14/2010 4:58:00 PM

One of my favourite, finished several jars. Recommend it to combination skins

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool

I bought this cream yesterday because the Multi Active Day and Night (this one) plus the facewash were on special for 100$. You must be kidding me!!!! This stuff is unbelievable! Where have I been! I put it on at night and my face was glowing...literally! I went to the bathroom to get something and it looked like I had perfectly applied makeup on. My face was glowing, my cheeks had color and then this morning..wow! My skin still glowing my lines gone, I was totally shocked and very very happy. I don't usually use night cream (just regular cream at night) so I was really really shocked. Will update in a few weeks but had to get this review out.

EDIT: only really worked during 1st use, then caused irritation. Terrible. Back to Olay sensitive cream, after one week, my face is clear, and glowing....Go Olay!

on 1/4/2010 2:18:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Tried a small sample tube of the product. Love it cos' it's non greasy and I can see the effect on the next Monday. Skin is freshened up.
The price is a little steep though but i think it'll be worth it. Will be getting this once I finish my current (other brand) tub of night cream.

on 8/5/2009 10:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I discovered this when I was given a small sample. Wow. This is the best night cream I have ever tried. I have dry, sensitive skin but when I use it I wake up with beautifully soft, even, moisturised skin. The scent is strong but I haven't reacted to it. I was told by the sales assistant that I shouldn't use it because it's for more mature skin, but when I asked if it would do any harm, she was vague. Would love to know if does actually do harm on younger skins!

In summary, try it as a sample coz it's expensive. Also, if you're tempted to buy on ebay/swap be CAREFUL. I've bought from ebay, it was 'off' and the smell turns slightly bitter. Not great for the skin once it's turned either.

i'm pleased with this as a night cream, for my skin type i need very little. i feel after using this a few weeks my complexion is improving. in theory, i prefer a pump or tube for hygiene reasons but my beauty boutique gal smartly pointed out that with this packaging as opposed to the lighter version with the pump, you get every last ounce out of the jar.

Popular Moisturizers